Sharlikran

I apologize I have not been working on anything or reading the forum. I don't think I have a way to not mark that plugin yellow. I'm waiting for TES3Edit to actually have edit functions before I try to tweak other things.

I made a small adjustment to Wrye Mash after installing some mods and realizing they didn't seem to be showing up in game. I needed to change the date of the BSA. Which Wrye Mash will do now but only for the DLC.

A Wrye Wiki I am working on

Current release

On 12/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, Leonardo said:

I often get this kind of error for an esp or an esm in the Warning.txt file when launching Morrowind and the only thing I can do about it is to do what the middle picture shows.

One of the files that "BearArmorReplacer.ESP" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

This may result in errors. Saving again will clear this message but not necessarily fix any errors.

I wonder if it's feasible or even possible for Wrye Mash to mark a mod (as no longer being yellow) once and for all after that the mod have been re-saved in Wrye Mash, sort of ignoring the error and doing that will stop spamming the Warning.txt file.

Not sure but I found this in the docs though you probably know this.

4 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

I apologize I have not been working on anything or reading the forum.

There is no need to apologize for having a RL issue, especially when it affects yourself and/or one in your family.  Anyway, welcome back! :wave:

Although, I admit I miss the short time we had in late 2017 when I tested your WMSA code.

I don't think I have a way to not mark that plugin yellow. I'm waiting for TES3Edit to actually have edit functions before I try to tweak other things.

That's something worth waiting for, don't you think.

I made a small adjustment to Wrye Mash after installing some mods and realizing they didn't seem to be showing up in game. I needed to change the date of the BSA. Which Wrye Mash will do now but only for the DLC.

In the mean time we could try to do something about that and as always I am willing to help you testing the code.

A Wrye Wiki I am working on

Current release

That's something the Morrowind modding community have been waiting for years to happen and it looks good too.  Keep up the hard work on this. :)

Of course you can always ask AndalayBay about creating a wiki page on TAL, but I advice you to wait until TAL gets a new forum software and TBH I have no idea when that's gonna to happen.

2 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Not sure but I found this in the docs though you probably know this.

I already knew about the third option to update the master list in WMSA and I was also aware of the updaters feature in WMSA, but I haven't use it much only when it's necessary.

There is actually one thing we could try to do and that's to reduce the use of another useful mod user tool.

However, there is another thing I think you should know about and what I'm talking about is what Fligg said here and here.  Other than that nothing much have changed, except for the old BSF and I think BSF will enter a Oblivion portal soon.

That's something the Morrowind modding community have been waiting for years to happen and it looks good too.  Keep up the hard work on this

I'm just throwing things together of interest. I don't want it to become the next Wikipedia.

Although with that said, yes I do want to add how to use Bash for things people always ask about. I get tired of explaining it over and over and over and over.

In the mean time we could try to do something about that and as always I am willing to help you testing the code.

No need, I already use it with the changes. It works fine.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, Sharlikran said:

I'm just throwing things together of interest. I don't want it to become the next Wikipedia.

Perhaps add a link to the Morrowind Modding Wiki on TAL.

Although with that said, yes I do want to add how to use Bash for things people always ask about. I get tired of explaining it over and over and over and over.

Having a link added on TAL at the same time explaining for the last time what Bash in WMSA can do and cannot do.

No need, I already use it with the changes. It works fine.

I see.  Is your modified code stable, I mean can I use it?

I dunno what you say, but I think WMSA is ready to be released as version 1.0 since most people are used to Wrye Mash 0.84 and have been for ages.

Nah there is also Polemos version which I need to get added to my wiki but the wiki is a huge work in progress, and of course you can use the latest version. Unless you use polemos version which I think also works well.

I don't think I have it right because I'm not spelling it properly, but can I have a link to all the old morrowind sites like "figerties" or however you spell it? But I want all of them that you go to even if you don't like it much or maybe had a bad experience with someone simply because it's a modding resource.

Mostly I need to get a hold of Psymon from the olde Bethesda forums.

6 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Nah there is also Polemos version which I need to get added to my wiki but the wiki is a huge work in progress, and of course you can use the latest version. Unless you use polemos version which I think also works well.

I was under the impression that Polemos's version is for OpenMW at the same time managing mods for Morrowind.

I don't think I have it right because I'm not spelling it properly, but can I have a link to all the old morrowind sites like "figerties" or however you spell it? But I want all of them that you go to even if you don't like it much or maybe had a bad experience with someone simply because it's a modding resource.

Ah, you mean Fliggerty.  Or if am I wrong then what do you mean by saying "figerties".

You can check it out for yourself by clicking on the sword next to the banner and as you can see there is also a couple of other communities sites displayed, but most of them are now defunct sites.

I don't think he created an account on Bethedsa.net, but I could be wrong though.

20 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

I dont think Psymon ever engaged with the new horrible Bethesda.Net forums

His most recent contributions to the various communities was here in the old forum ..

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1084204-bain-mod-installation-projects

.. Never saw him appear at Bethesda.Net in the short while I was there

He also hung out at TESAlliance, but has not been there since 2013 ..

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/profile/888-psymon/.

Edit : Oooh and there is still a collection of mods on the really old site Telesphoros List o mods, at Mythic mods ..

https://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm

It amazingly still gets an update every couple of years, most recently to update links in 2018. This was one of my first goto sites for Morrowind mods back in 2006

11 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Edit : Oooh and there is still a collection of mods on the really old site Telesphoros List o mods, at Mythic mods ..

https://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm

It amazingly still gets an update every couple of years, most recently to update links in 2018. This was one of my first goto sites for Morrowind mods back in 2006

I think Monica21 (joined here a while back) is the one who have updated that mod list.

@alt3rn1ty

Thanks for the information about Psymon.

I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

I download LibreOffice but when I opened the odp files they already had text on them and I could not remove that. May I get your Wrye Bash settings file with the colors you had chosen for your Pictoral guide? I wanted to use the same colors if I were to try to redo all that. I also wanted to see if I can alter the python code to save the dat files uncompressed so I can look for the RBG values. If you can would you mind dragging your .dat settings file into this forum in a zip or whatever works for this site?

My other question has to do with an idea I am playing. My idea is to implement 3 sliders for red, green and blue on my wiki. Before I explain, what I want to do may be too difficult to fully implement and may really mess with the base colors I have already established for those who are not color blind. So my crazy idea may or may not come to fruition.

However, the idea is that when mod lists say use green, red, blue, purple, orange mods and explain why you need to use those mods such as texture replaces are orange it got me thinking. Color blind people can't see some of those colors. So if they say orange links are a texture replacer but you can't see the difference then you don't know what is orange or not. If I remember correctly you might see some yellow and brown to some extent.

I am only going to leave it live for a day or so (or until after you respond) but can you take a look at it. Go to this link, and click the Side menu in the upper left corner. The top most square should be a rainbow so I don't know how that will look to you.

image.png.f5c6aed3180b89d2e8edf92d728e7d4a.png

Once it opens though then you should see something like this.

image.png.3190f442e2c21b6fc488a059bc9eb680.png

This isn't what I want the menu to look like when I am finished. When I am done I want it to look like this.

image.png.4b049394984c695ea62a13ca181f2ae1.png

While the current menu is functional it only changes the colors of the buttons. It might not change colors in a way that is helpful and I would have to rework it. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on that.

Elminster said I probably don't have to go to the trouble that there is this option for color blind people but I don't know how well that works.

However, the idea is that when mod lists say use green, red, blue, purple, orange mods and explain why you need to use those mods such as texture replaces are orange it got me thinking. Color blind people can't see some of those colors. So if they say orange links are a texture replacer but you can't see the difference then you don't know what is orange or not. If I remember correctly you might see some yellow and brown to some extent.

If I understood you correctly, what you want to do is to use let say a symbol for each color that's representing what status a mod has.  Something like this.

Red - Stop sign

Blue - Water

Green - Grass

Which reminds me a thread.  I recall somone posted a thread more than 5 years ago I think and I know it was Bruno something (I know his username was longer than just Bruno with a number at the end), but I don't remember in what forum he posted that thread so it is either the old BSF (Morrowind Mods forum) or GHF.   I think it was called "Wrye Mash for color blind" or similiar.

If I understood you correctly, what you want to do is to use let say a symbol for each color that's representing what status a mod has.  Something like this.

Nope, not that. Globally change the colors on the page so that color blind people see a shade of a color they can recognize.

@Leonardo This Thread

I was looking for links to old posts so I got an HTML sniffer to record the pages content, which allows me to search topic names, id number, and author. It took like half an hour total to click the mouse about 700 times for the Morrowind and Oblivion threads but now I have a database of posts I can search for things like that.

Which lead me to this download for some alternate icons. That is neat. That is finding the needle in the haystack.

image.png.dac2aac757fe9743a5cf4532e786ba9d.png

And added it to my Wiki

8 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

I download LibreOffice but when I opened the odp files they already had text on them and I could not remove that.

May I get your Wrye Bash settings file with the colors you had chosen for your Pictoral guide? I wanted to use the same colors if I were to try to redo all that. I also wanted to see if I can alter the python code to save the dat files uncompressed so I can look for the RBG values. If you can would you mind dragging your .dat settings file into this forum in a zip or whatever works for this site?

My other question has to do with an idea I am playing. My idea is to implement 3 sliders for red, green and blue on my wiki. Before I explain, what I want to do may be too difficult to fully implement and may really mess with the base colors I have already established for those who are not color blind. So my crazy idea may or may not come to fruition.

I am only going to leave it live for a day or so (or until after you respond) but can you take a look at it. Go to this link, and click the Side menu in the upper left corner. The top most square should be a rainbow so I don't know how that will look to you.

Hi Sharlikran

I am no longer a member of nexus so cant download the files to check, but the odp files should load ok in Impress (Load Impress first, not the generic Libreoffice loader, then use Impress file menu to load the individual files) .. They serve as an example of how to do pdf's without needing to buy adobe software (using Impress Export as pdf).

lJnBY0U.png

Wrye Bash settings / dat files .. I have not had any bethesda games / mods / tools installed for ages now so cant help.

The sliders for your wiki look like they would achieve the aim of helping colour blindness, I am not colour blind personally, I just did a fair bit of research to make sure the guide was friendly in that regard

@alt3rn1ty

I am not colour blind personally, I just did a fair bit of research to make sure the guide was friendly in that regard

Arg I hate that I got that wrong. I always thought that.  Well thank you anyway I appreciate it.

Hey @Sharlikran

Are the cool looking LH dialogs going to be a permanent feature? Couldn't see a way of dismissing them without closing the page.

Also regarding
https://wrye-code-collection.github.io/wcc-wiki/9-modsandbeyond.html

TESPCD: Plugin Conflict Detector
https://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/3874
should be
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/3874

The TES Mod Utility link has gone spammo.

14 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

@Leonardo also have you seen some of the links in my morrowind section? I have been finding all kinds of sites I never heard of trying to find links to things.

I didn't know you had a Morrowind section, but now I've looked at it and found one thing you need to correct.  It's about the official files.

https://wrye-code-collection.github.io/wcc-wiki/9-morrowindandbeyond.html#OfficialFiles

That's not an official file, instead it's from someone in the modding community who found a work around with the Steam version as it has CS disabled (as I recall it the CS is included, but doesn't work) due for Bethesda's decision to disallow downloading the CS.  In comparison to Oblivion, Bethesda allowed downloading the CS.

The retail version includes the CS on a separate CD (disk 2 IIRC) and the expansions (Tribunal - disk 3, Bloodmoon - disk 4) has separate disks.

Regarding old links, my advice is to you is that always use the Wayback Machine when one have found a dead link like what I did here (I managed to restore some old links after using the Wayback Machine).