Sharlikran

Just ignore my "Definitely not expected so something is wrong and the question is what is wrong" comment.

Alright, here it is.

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Data Files

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Data Files\Mash

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Data Files\Mash\Backups

Okay, that's helpful, more clear thanks. Where is the Morrowind folder in relation to that?

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind  ???

Where is the retail and the steam versions located?

5 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind  ???

Exactly that path for the retail version.

6 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Where is the retail and the steam versions located?

Steam has this path, because I could install Skyrim outside of the Steam folder and has been there since 11-11-11.

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Morrowind

Then if it's empty and you won't loose any files, backups, or data, then delete it and see if it comes back. If it does then I'll have to track it down.

27 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Then if it's empty and you won't loose any files, backups, or data, then delete it and see if it comes back. If it does then I'll have to track it down.

Unfortunately, that also applies to the Hide a plugin feature.  I just hide the Mashed Lists.esp and the Data Files is created outside of the Morrowind folder.  Which happen for both Python and exe.

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Data Files\Mash\Hidden\Mashed Lists.esp

So something is wrong and I think you can reproduce it yourself by selecting the Mashed Lists.esp then right click and select the File>>>Hide command.  To bring it back just right click on the File bar in the Mods tab then select the Unhide... command.

Fixed! :D

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Mash\Hidden\Mashed Lists.esp - Both Python and EXE

You don't have to double check all the functions that allow you to move, backup, or hide files. But if you ever go to start moving save games, please backup all your save games first.  Then if you end up with save games in odd places or it appears you have lost a save game, then you can restore it.

3 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

But if you ever go to start moving save games, please backup all your save games first. 

I always make a backup copy of my gamesaves before messing with them.  In fact I simple archived the entire Morrowind\Saves folder in WinRAR.

They have kind of a neat idea for how they assign data to the file names in memory. At some point I need to go over it and make sure they use it consistently and update the information when they move files. If I ever get around to it then you wouldn't have to backup the games anymore.  I just don't feel like looking for all that right now.

So besides the fact I need to finish with the Unicode stuff, and no feature requests yet, but do you think there are any more major issues? Can you move files, hide them, backup the file, rename files, add author and descriptions to the file, rename the name of the mod in the master list, run mlox, tes3cmd, use the utilities tab to run a program like TESTool, does everything seem to be working?

Regarding running mlox, I think it's best to wait to test it until you have finish converting the code to Unicode otherwise any user, at least I, will get an error when running mlox and sorting a loadorder in WMSA.

It seems running the BSA Registration Utility tool from the Utilities tab is working as intended.

Once you have finish the Unicode stuff all necessary lines e.g all sInstallers lines (3 lines I think), bEnable Unicode/UTF8 lines in the mash.ini will be added, so there is gonna be at least three lines not one line there were in the previous versions.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else and that would be enough before start testing your changes in the code to its limits.  After that well then perhaps requests for features, enhancements can be discussed if you are up for it that is. :)

Hmm... This is odd.  Had just installed a bunch mods, mods I know will have levelled lists, but somehow mlox only show the official masters nothing else.

If it matters I run WMSA outside of the Morrowind\Mopy folder, instead it is the G:\Wrye-Mash-dev-yacoby-wrye\bin\Mopy\Wrye Mash.exe folder.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  It appears to be that mlox does not show deactivated mods, instead all mods must be activated otherwise mlox will fail to show them.

Edited by Leonardo

So the never mind means that if you put Wrye Mash in the Morrowind folder where you would normally have it, that you have the same behavior and that basically what you are experiencing is expected?

Fortunately, no I don't have any issues when sorting my loadorder in mlox at least I don't get error messages except for this.

mlox_base.txt:1: Parse Error(), expected start of rule [Buffer=;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp -*-]

Aside for Unicode.

Yeah you mentioned that one before and it is because of the unicode changes. I'm looking into it but it will be harder to resolve.

I dunno what you think, but I think it would be better to skip mlox that's related to the Unicode stuff for now since mlox is working at least it seems to me.  Instead do other stuff like see if there are more bugs that can be fixed that's listed in Yacoby's project.

Of course if you want to try to fix mlox and the Unicode stuff then I will continue testing the code. :)

Btw...  I can image that converting the code into Unicode takes time, but I am just curious how much more work is it left to do regarding converting the code into Unicode.

Would you say something about 50-75 % of the code that's left to convert to Unicode or is it less than 50 %.  Regardless how much there is left to do I won't go away and I will do the testing until it's finished.

You said in one of the previous thread pages that you liked the Utilities tab and I like it too, so what would you say about making the Utilities tab a little more useful than it had been before.

What I was thinking about is that the Utilities tab will always be presented when the user launch WMSA for the first time, so I thought why not add a shortcut to the Wrye Mash documentation that has a new section added about how to setup WMSA for further use like this.

1.  Click on the green disk icon and make sure the correct path are shown in each settings

2.  Click on the Installers tab and let BAIN generate the necessary data before start installing mods

3.  Add shortcuts for the mod tools in the Utilties tab the user wants to use for a modded game

The utilities tab no longer is the first tab presented. It should be the Mods tab to be consistent with other versions. I am not opposed to updating the documentation as it needs updated anyway. I'll probably read through it more after I am done with the unicode stuff. I don't want to put a percentage on it. I'll let you know when I'm done. For right now I'm going to try and resolve the issue with mlox because others that use Wrye Mash in a non English environment will notice the error also. It wasn't there when everything was ANSI so since it will be present now I have to figure it out. If I can't figure it out I'll ask the author for help.

The Utilities tab was the first tab in both Melchor's and Yacoby's WMSA, so why not continue doing that and besides WB does not have a Utilities tab.

Reposted from the old BSF

I'm currently running mlox with Python 2.7.10 and wxPython ANSI 2.8.12.1; there are later versions of wxPython but mlox needs the ANSI version.

So it seems mlox must be converted to Unicode too, otherwise all users will see that error too regardless what Python version one is using except for the correct wxPython.

Because I want it on the mods tab and there is code to force it to the mods tab after the first startup.

The code literally says if the value of the variable for the tab you are on is not 2, then make it equal 2.

I'm not sure how involved it will be for mlox. I think there is a chance I can do it without changing the core code.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

I'm not sure how involved it will be for mlox. I think there is a chance I can do it without changing the core code.

Sorry, I am a little tired right now and I was just going to bed.  What you do mean by saying "how involved it will be for mlox"?  Could you elaborate that please?