Sharlikran

You mean what the old error is.  I only see this "Must be sorted by Modified to enable ctrl based sorting." error in English.

Just ignore the spoiler.

Spoiler

Char_Format_Notepad-plusplus.jpg

Edited by Leonardo

If you mean mash_default.ini, no errors and now no error when launching WMSA after the mash.ini has been generated.

But somehow I can't see the Swedish text when trying to sort my loadorder by moving one plugin without selecting the modified option first.  It's still English.

EDIT:  If it is important for you to know about, that applies for both Python and exe when launching Wrye Mash.pyw and Wrye Mash.exe.

Edited by Leonardo
More information added.

Okay getting the mash.ini to work is at least a step in the right direction. Let me see what I can do about the translation file.

Somehow I didn't answer your question.

On 2017-10-18 at 9:42 AM, Sharlikran said:

Did you change the two lines in the mash.ini file?  The benableunicode and the benableutf8, one a a time to see which makes a change?

No, I can't do that because when I launched WMSA there were only line in the mash.ini file and this is what it has.

sinstallersdir = G:\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind Mods\Mash Installers

Nothing else.

However, when I open the mash_default.ini in either Notepad or in Notepad++, makes it easier to read everything, there are two lines with the benableunicode and the benableutf8, but both has a " ; " character before each setting.

I'm not going to be working on this until later today or tomorrow but I am wondering, why do you keep letting Wrye Mash make an INI file by itself?  The initialization routines are fixed now (or at least working better) so an INI file isn't needed.  It might even be possible to run it from a location outside of the Morrowind folder.  Maybe to eliminate confusion I should remove the method to save the INI file when you close Wrye Mash because it's redundant now.  Also that little file it makes is incomplete and I don't want to update it because why keep adding code when you have the default INI file.  If you need an INI file you rename the default file and uncomment the line you are going to use the same as you would for all the other versions of Wrye Whatever.

However, also like other versions, you don't make an INI just to have one. It's not needed so you only make one if you are changing settings. You only make one if you move the folder to another location or another drive.

When you have time can you zip up the Swedish.txt and Swedish.pkl files you have in your Mopy\mash\l10n folder?  Don't alter them to touch up anything it won't be helpfull. Just pack them together so I can download them and take a look at them, if you would please.

I dunno why, but I have been using WMSA since the day Melchor appeared on the old forum and told us about his creation of WMSA.

However, if the initialization routines are fixed now then why do I always see a mash.ini file in the Mopy folder when launching WMSA the first time after installing WMSA.  The mash.ini file gets generated by it self after exiting WMSA.

Yes, it possible to run it outside of the Morrowind folder and I'm doing that right now.

Files_Swedish.rar

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I dunno why, but I have been using WMSA since the day Melchor appeared on the old forum and told us about his creation of WMSA.

However, if the initialization routines are fixed now then why do I always see a mash.ini file in the Mopy folder when launching WMSA the first time after installing WMSA.  The mash.ini file gets generated by it self after exiting WMSA.

Fair enough. It still makes the INI because I didn't remove the function for doing that.  Not sure what I want to do about it. Programming is simply a set of instructions. Obviously code like wxPython can be effected globally quite easily. However, updating the initialization routines doesn't effect saving an INI file if someone made Wrye Mash do that in the past.

If you didn't remove the function for doing that then why does the mash.ini file only have one line and not 3 lines, otherwise it doesn't make sense to add full Unicode support to WMSA without having the other lines added into the mash.ini file in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

If you didn't remove the function for doing that then does the mash.ini file only have one line and not 3 lines, otherwise it doesn't make sense to add full Unicode support to WMSA without having the other lines added into the mash.ini file in the first place.

Fair argument, makes sense.

(dp1
S'Must be sorted by Modified to enable ctrl based sorting'
p2
S'Ctrl baserad sortering m\xc3\xa5ste vara modifierad'
p3
s.

So your pickle file has the proper lines in it so I'll have to see why it is not loading.

The Swedish.txt you included in the latest archive had the "måste" word *compiled*, well sort of, and I thought that was wrong so I corrected that, but I make sure it had the UTF8 (without BOM) selected when saving it.  Maybe I was mistaken then.

So that's why the Swedish text didn't show, because I only had one unique Swedish character in that line.  Give me a minute or two to provide a better translation than I did before.

Måste vara modifierad för att kunna använda Ctrl baserad sortering.

Okay, here it is.  Grab it and include it in the WMSA archive and I will test it asap.

Swedish.rar

I don't think it's that, I have to make some code to output the path that Wrye Mash thinks the .pkl file is at and the filename. What if the filename ends up being sv.pkl, then that will cause an issue.  Because your locale information showed Swedish_Sweden and sv_SE. So I think I'll make a routine to look for Swedish or sv and if it's sv, then set it to Swedish.  Then check the path where the pkl file is and see if that fixes things.  I have to look into that and see what I have to do.

14 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Because your locale information showed Swedish_Sweden and sv_SE. So I think I'll make a routine to look for Swedish or sv and if it's sv, then set it to Swedish. 

When it comes to internet Sweden has always been assigned the SE and not SV, which is why Swedish web sites has the .se domain prefix.

I just came to think about a bug that IE (I can't remember what version) had, because Microsoft made the mistake to pick the SV and not SE for Swedish web sites in IE.

All Swedish web sites suddenly stop working due the SV bug in IE, but that happen years ago.

Hey guys. I've been trying to follow the work you've been doing on Mash. I'm very excited to see it being picked up & worked on again! Is there any chance I can bother you for the current status? Thanks!! :)

All I can say right now is that I do the testing and Sharlikran does the coding stuff.  Here is the latest improvement, but that's a lot more stuff to do. 

I'll leave the rest to Sharlikran since he is the one who is working with WMSA atm.

Thanks for asking but I'm not sure how to answer that. What would you be looking for in a status? I am going to try and just say what I have changed.

• I am still adding Unicode syntax as it is an all or nothing process. You can't just change only what needs to be done or errors will crop up.
  • As I go I have been asking Leonardo to test the changes.
  • The main things I have changed is the way the game detects Morrowind.
  • Resolved #27 and #11 on Yacoby's GitHub.

You could compile it but would need all the proper components.  What you need should be in the HTML doc file.  To have the current working version with the improvements you need to download this code.  I would make a new EXE but I am deep into learning Jekyll right now, and I want to make the EXE once I am done with some other things, have it tested, and call it version 88.

I just want to comment about the #3 issue, a request I posted in the old forum 4-5 years ago.

However, a lot of things has changed since then and now I know why that's a bad idea, because I once had an issue with the old BSAReg that failed to register a BSA for TR.  Back then I was told that the TR-team was aware of the problem with the BSAReg.

So when that happen I stop using the BSAReg and now I only use KINGPIX's BSA Registration Utility tool, which is a lot better than the old BSAReg tool and it's working as intended.

I don't think KINGPIX would mind if we included his BSA register tool into WMSA, but of course asking for permission should always been asked even if it isn't necessary.

I can look into that at a later time sure.

Aside from the fact that I have not had time to finish my updates to Wrye Mash, is the current code working pretty well for you or are you using older code?

Me using the older code.  Are you kidding? :P

Of course I use the latest branch, what else. :D

Except for the Swedish.txt along with the Unicode, but that doesn't bother me at all.

20 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

What would you be looking for in a status?

Thanks Sharlikran, your reply was exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if you were doing an entire Mash Makeover or fixing up issues with the old code. Thank you for the reply and the links. No pressure for a compiled release, I am patient. If you would like a hand with anything not code-related, e.g., testing, just let me know. Morrowind was my first love, after all.  :)

16 hours ago, RavenMind said:

If you would like a hand with anything not code-related, e.g., testing, just let me know. Morrowind was my first love, after all.  :)

If you want to test the new code as an exe then just say the word and I'll compile the code for you. :)