Sharlikran

Confirmed. I see that too, but the question is why does the "installing two plugins from a BAIN archive" bug gets triggered when uninstalling both them.

I can't reproduce what you are trying to explain so you have to explain exactly which file you installed, how you did it etc. Because I'm selecting 8, 9, 10 installers and mass installing them all and mass uninstalling them all. I can also do that and activate the mods on the mods tab first before uninstalling, all with 0 errors.

This is odd.  Now, I can do what you just said, but before I always got that error.  Whatever you did, that error doesn't show up in the Output Log window.

No, I didn't see the text from the Swedish.txt.  But the error seems to be fixed at least I didn't get the error in the Output Log window if that matters.

=== masher.py, 1162
Must be sorted by Modified to enable ctrl based sorting.
>>>>
Debe tener el texto aquí <<-- Replace this with Swedish text

Okay the line numbers changed, so it's best to look for Modified. Download the latest Python code, the Sweedish.txt will be in the proper folder, so just go to Mopy\mash\l10n, look for the above code and replace what I put in Spanish with Swedish. Then chose Load Order for sorting, try to move a mod, then see what the error looks like.  I'm only testing wxPython at this point.

I don't understand this Spanish "Debe tener el texto aquí" text.  What does it mean in English?

This is just a test to see how wxPython works. You are awesome at testing functionality of Wrye Mash itself but I'm not doing a good job at communicating somehow. Plus I am trying to be respectful since you are testing things.  It seems there is a disconnection here.  Some of the steps are already finished so what I have below may be easier to follow.

I just think somehow you are focusing on the translating, asking what to put, or asking what my Spanish text means, and so on.  I'm trying to show you where to put the Swedish text, that's it. Just replace that line with some random words, it could say that "you like Winter" or you can make something up like "go for the goats in spring" just put some text on that line.

1. Open the file Swedish.txt and search for, "Must be sorted by Modified to enable ctrl based sorting." don't worry about a proper translation, just put words in your language and make sure the text contains any special chars. For example in Spanish I would have íñóÑ and so on like I show above.  Make sure the text is just below the ">>>>" symbols.

2. Run Wrye Mash and on the mods tab make sure you are not sorting by Modified so that you get an error trying to change the sort of the mods.

Try to sort the mods and when the error displays, can you see the special chars or are they garbled? If they are garbled try two things, one thing at a time.  The first thing is to go to Mopy\mash\l10n and delete the Swedish.pkl file. Then change the mash.ini and uncomment benableunicode, so that it's true. Then run Wrye Mash and see if the text is correct. Try to sort again and see if the text displays properly.  If not then for the second test you don't have to delete the .pkl file, just uncomment benableutf8.

Which of the two things or both do you have to do for Wrye Mash to display the special chars?  If possible of course, I'm hoping you don't have to uncomment either, or possibly you only have to uncomment the benableutf8 but not benableunicode.  I'm just curious what you have to do to make it work.

The reason for testing the non English chars is because most languages like Spanish, German, French, Russian all have special chars that aren't in the English language and don't always display properly. So that's why I want to know if the things I added to the mash.ini are helpful.

9 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

2. Run Wrye Mash and on the mods tab make sure you are not sorting by Modified so that you get an error trying to change the sort of the mods.

I did that.  Does not show the Swedish text, only in English.  This is the Swedish text.

Ctrl baserad sortering måste vara modifierad

Use this online translation if you want to know.  You can switch between US-English and Swedish at the top to the left.

7 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

The reason for testing the non English chars is because most languages like Spanish, German, French, Russian all have special chars that aren't in the English language and don't always display properly. So that's why I want to know if the things I added to the mash.ini are helpful.

I see.  Well, it looks like your changes doesn't have the effect you hoped for.

Okay then I updated the sweedish text file. I'm just going to leave it for now.  I'm trying not to be rude so I'll just leave it alone, I have bugged you enough.  Next time you feel like getting the new code please get the latest python from this link.  Your Swedish text file was really out of sync with the code so somehow I think maybe your Python files aren't overwriting properly or something. Using the Python files isn't a bad idea, but you sort of can't overwrite files. You have to backup what you need to keep such as the mash.ini if you made one, and the mlox folder or something.  Then delete the Mopy folder, and make a new one. 

With the a Swedish.txt file you provided and the text you gave me, when you run Wrye Mash it should show that text you gave me.  Is it making a  Swedish.pkl file in the l10n folder? When you sort the mods it should show something other then the English text. It works for me if I make an English.txt file and just throw some random words on that line. So it's odd it's not working for you. Well you don't have to make an entire new folder, I usually highlight everything in teh Mopy folder, then CTRL select the mash.ini and the mlox folder and then delete the rest.

Thanks again.

That's okay.  I like testing things and that's why I have the " Testing, and again testing..." status on my profile at TAL, especially when it comes for users mod tool for a modded Morrowind player like myself. :)

Also, I won't mind overwriting the Python files, because I haven't began installing mods for my next game in Morrowind yet.

Yes, I do see the Swedish.pkl file in the |i10 folder.  What purpose has that file anyway?

If and when it works properly, it's supposed to replace the text in memory.  You would see something like this, but you should see the Swedish.txt. I just don't see why it's not loading that file for you.  Did you change the two lines in the mash.ini file?  The benableunicode and the benableutf8, one a a time to see which makes a change?

Error.jpg

For me I only have to uncoment benableutf8, not the other one.

Regardless what I do, no I don't get the Swedish text when sorting mods without being modified.

However, if I save the mash.ini in Notepad with ANSI coding WMSA is reading it just fine, but if I save the mash.ini in Unicode coding then I get this error in the Wrye Mash.exe.log file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Wrye Mash.pyw", line 83, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "mash\mash.pyo", line 25, in <module>
  File "mash\localization.pyo", line 225, in <module>
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 305, in read
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 512, in _read
ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: mash.ini, line: 1
'\xff\xfe[\x00G\x00e\x00n\x00e\x00r\x00a\x00l\x00]\x00\r\x00\n'

And this is the error I get for saving the mash.ini with UTF8 coding before launching Wrye Mash.exe, which I did after saving the mash.ini in Notepad with either Unicode or UTF8.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Wrye Mash.pyw", line 83, in <module>
  File "mash\mash.pyo", line 25, in <module>
  File "mash\localization.pyo", line 225, in <module>
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 305, in read
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 512, in _read
ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: mash.ini, line: 1
'\xef\xbb\xbf[General]\n'

These errors above only happen when launching WMSA, but I can't launch WMSA by double clicking on the  Wrye Mash.pyw file.

Saving the mash.ini in Notepad with ANSI coding is probably the only thing that works in WMSA right now.

Already tried that without luck, WMSA refuse to launch and I also tried that with Unicode with the result I cannot launch WMSA.

Only saved mash.ini with ANSI works.

I see the error above, but I changed the code, so what's the new error? Some of what I changed should have fixed at least part of it.