UOF4P and ESL's

rgdelta

Doing some research it appears that Fallout 4 Loads the new ESL files below ESM's and above ESP's causing some possible issues with UOF4P wondering if making it a esm would be possible so it is technically loaded before esl's I am working on a new from scratch mod setup where I am converting some small mods into esl's for my own use and making UOF4P into a esm.  (btw I have been modding my Bethesda Games since Morrowind and I know alot of the in's and out's of modding not as much as people like Arthmoor and other's that dig deep into this stuff but enough to diagnose and fix most issues I will come across).  Thought I would mention this for Arthmoor and the rest of the UOP team as I am not 100% sure of negative effects of making them esm's.

This should be a moot point now with the FO4 update that just dropped today. I'm not able to get my modded copy to launch for some reason so I'm setting up a vanilla folder and need to wait for the 86GB download to finish. Other people have said the load order issues are in fact fixed.

IN any case, don't change the filename. That will only cause problems in your game.

Ok as I have not updated to the latest version from today (because I use F4SE for alot of my mods) if this has become moot because of it that would be great.  I hope the LOOT Team can get a version that includes ESL as I am converting alot of small mods into ESL to have the modded game I have wanted (especially settlement mods)

I can now confirm that the 1.10.26 update that came out today fixes the game's load order issue. UFO4P now shows up in the proper position in the save headers, with a user ESM below it, and ESL files below that.

By the way the ESL distributed by Beth have the master flag set in addition to the ESL flag which explains why they would load before the normal ESP. I don't know if anyone checked where a "normal" ESL without the master flag would load.

Yes, a normal ESL without the master flag loads just fine. I made one to test with and the game saw it as normally as anything else. It loaded in the position I assigned it in the order.

24 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Yes, a normal ESL without the master flag loads just fine. I made one to test with and the game saw it as normally as anything else. It loaded in the position I assigned it in the order.

Meaning that everything is just like before CC 1.10 update? No need to do anything with UFO4P ?