Get Patch Available on Creation Club?

ejnomad07

Now hear me out as a Console player,

I know the patch is not meant to make any money but a nice draw with creation club is it doesn't disable achievements. It would be nice if the team could get their patch on Creation Club. As a PR boost to Bethesda you could present them with the idea if they put the patch on Creation Club it's free for anyone to download as their starter DLC content. We win and Bethesda wins as it draws people to check the feature out and get the patch.

Then people like me can finally play the game mostly bug free and still earn those achievements.

Another thing that comes to mind is about the paywall on Steam that both Bethesda and Valve launched in Mars 2015 I think it was. 

After a massive protests from the community Bethesda finally listen to us and ended the paywall concept on Steam.  I don't think that will happen about USSEP being available via the Creation Club.

They listened to "us"? No, but I'd rather not get back into that argument on this thread.

Anyway, as I've said several times, they have a standing offer on the table to merge the patch with the game as an official update but they've never once hinted that they were interested in doing so. So I doubt they'd want to with CC either.

I think if Bethesda took it on, it would also kind of be an official and embarrassing admittance that their games are really buggy .. Even though it is, and everyone already knows it, I dont think they want to endorse the fact by putting the stamp of approval on a mod that fixes the many problems they didn't.

Headlines "Bethesda endorses thousands of bug fixes .. to their own game" - Doesn't look good on the company. They occasionally make a laughing at self joke about chickens reporting crimes "yeah that was a funny goof we made, haha!" ..

But I dont think they would like to publicly admit to this lot

On 9/16/2017 at 11:17 AM, Kelsenellenelvian said:

The creation club will only allow fully new work anyways so the patch wouldn't be allowed by them. It's a moot point to even try. 

They said any content people pay for has to be new content. There is nothing saying they couldn't or wouldn't consider free content that's been seen before but is now official.

All too negative in your outlook people. Every game has bugs it would hardly be news if Bethesda used the patch. If anything they would get flack for taking so long to embrace it. It not like the patch and all the bug fixes or bugs so broken the patch can't even fix haven't hit the news feed before.

If they were to ever take us up on the offer, it's not something they'd stick on CC as a piece of content. That would make just as little sense as them developing their own SKSE. What they'd do instead is merge the fixes directly with the main game files and then distribute it as a patch for the game. Then the changes would be available to anyone who owned the game regardless of which platform they were on and it wouldn't count against their mod storage limits on consoles either.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

If they were to ever take us up on the offer, it's not something they'd stick on CC as a piece of content. That would make just as little sense as them developing their own SKSE. What they'd do instead is merge the fixes directly with the main game files and then distribute it as a patch for the game. Then the changes would be available to anyone who owned the game regardless of which platform they were on and it wouldn't count against their mod storage limits on consoles either.

The problem then would be is you release an update every so often, which means they'd have to distribute a new patch on all platforms every so often(which also costs money on Xbox), which seems one of the reasons they're not doing it.

Slightly off-topical but from memory the idea of in-game bug reporting was new back in 2011, but now it's getting traction:

World of Tanks

Blizzard

Wildstar

Many others. Not such a huge immersion breaker if MCM can be harnessed for such now SKSE is out.

For up and coming releases this would motivate Bethesda to continue Game Support for longer, and to provide a larger number of regular patch updates. Perhaps providing patch content for the game through CC might be an idea once the product lifetime support phase for the game has expired.

I don't see it happening anytime soon (more like at all :P ) but if they would do this, it would make a perfect sense to release it as a patch for all platforms, about the cost - they already did release two pointless ''patches'' that only adds updates to their in game mod system (patch 1.9) and adds CC (patch 1.10). So actual bugfixes with more CC stuff (which will come in the future for sure, also VR patch?) would make more sense, but knowing them everything that makes sense is far away from Beth :P