[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

I just downloaded the latest 64bit LOOT, when I activated it LOOT it worked at startup, found only FO3 not Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. When I restarted LOOT, it just shows a blank page and a flickering cursor icon.

7 minutes ago, ansomesa said:

I just downloaded the latest 64bit LOOT, when I activated it LOOT just shows a blank page and a flashing cursor.

Are you on Windows 10 or higher? If not, you have to use the 32-bit build. If it is, check that you're system is actually 64-bit.

Edited by sibir
Clarification

23 hours ago, sibir said:

Are you on Windows 10 or higher? If not, you have to use the 32-bit build. If it is, check that you're system is actually 64-bit.

Lenovo Y70, Windows 8.1 64bit SSD. I dropped back down to the 14.5 with the same result. Scannow shows corrupted files and OBMM gives a CLR error. This is the first time in seven years. I wonder if it is a Services malfunction. 

It helps to save the mod list as it is how I am arranging my mods.

Blank LOOT.jpg

2 minutes ago, ansomesa said:

Windows 8.1 64bit, I dropped back down to the 14.5 with the same result. Scannow shows corrupted files and OBMM gives a CLR error. I wonder if it is a Service malfunction.

Blank LOOT.jpg

Have you tried using the 32-bit build of LOOT v0.18.3? As I said before & as LOOT's download pages & docs say, the 32-bit build is not just for 32-bit systems, it's also for any Windows OS below 10, including 8.1. If that build still doesn't work, please upload a debug log here with full debug logging enabled.

4 minutes ago, sibir said:

Have you tried using the 32-bit build of LOOT v0.18.3? As I said before & as LOOT's download pages & docs say, the 32-bit build is not just for 32-bit systems, it's also for any Windows OS below 10, including 8.1. If that build still doesn't work, please upload a debug log here with full debug logging enabled.

I will try it tonight.

3 minutes ago, ansomesa said:

The 18.3 32bit worked, I used both the exe and zip to get it back, the layout is different.

Thanks

You're welcome! & yes, the UI was rebuilt in Qt in v0.18.0.

All of the patches in JK's Interiors Patch Collection say to not use the ELFX patch included there, but to use the one from ELFX Shadows and ELFX Shadows Patches Hub.
This crops up as a missing patch for JK's Temple of Talos in LOOT.

LOOT, on the other hand, says that I do not have a patch enabled.

3DNPC says that I need a patch for Open Cities Skyrim despite using the updated patch from AI Overhaul - Open Cities Patches.

Rodryk's Dragon Bridge says I need an ELFX patch, although I am using Rodryk's Dragon Bridge - Patch Collection which has an ELFX patch that combines changes instead of reverting them.

CFTO says I need a patch for Bittercup, despite using CFTO Bittercup Compatibility Patch - JK's Skyrim.

Is it possible to change the masterlist to reflect these patches?

11 hours ago, tardyhaiku said:

All of the patches in JK's Interiors Patch Collection say to not use the ELFX patch included there, but to use the one from ELFX Shadows and ELFX Shadows Patches Hub.
This crops up as a missing patch for JK's Temple of Talos in LOOT.

LOOT, on the other hand, says that I do not have a patch enabled.

3DNPC says that I need a patch for Open Cities Skyrim despite using the updated patch from AI Overhaul - Open Cities Patches.

Rodryk's Dragon Bridge says I need an ELFX patch, although I am using Rodryk's Dragon Bridge - Patch Collection which has an ELFX patch that combines changes instead of reverting them.

CFTO says I need a patch for Bittercup, despite using CFTO Bittercup Compatibility Patch - JK's Skyrim.

Is it possible to change the masterlist to reflect these patches?

Thanks for the reports! I've made accommodations for the alternate patches for JK's Temple of Talos, Rodryk's Dragon Bridge, & CFTO that you've reported. However, I don't understand how a patch for AI Overhaul & Open Cities would patch Interesting NPCs (3DNPC) & Open Citites. If anything, the author dropped support for their Open Cities patch & reports them as incompatible, & I'm not aware of any updated patch between them, so it may be better to reflect these facts (i.e., remove the patch message & add an incompatibility message between the two).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:22 AM, sibir said:

However, I don't understand how a patch for AI Overhaul & Open Cities would patch Interesting NPCs (3DNPC) & Open Citites.

You're totally right - I 3DNPC and AIO mixed up in my brain.

Back again with another though: 

JK's Temple of Talos.esp is saying I need a patch for Window Shadows RT and to download the patch for it from Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors.

I already installed it, and it's enabled with the name "WS-JK's Temple of Talos.esp" (plugins.txt attached).

Error Message from LOOT:

# JK's Temple of Talos.esp

- Version: 1.0.1
- Load Order Index: FE 0E0
- Attributes: Active, Light Plugin
- Verified clean by: SSEEdit v4.0.4

## Messages

- Note: You seem to be using **Window Shadows RT**, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A third party patch is available here: [Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55309/)

## Locations

- [JK's Temple of Talos](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56971/)

plugins.txt

Just got a cyclic interaction from ELE_SSE.esp and WSLightFade.esp

ELE_SSE.esp
[Master]
ELE - PCS.esp
[Group]
WSEnhancer.esp
[Masterlist Load After]
WSLightFade.esp
[Group]
ELE_SSE.esp

The one that I think might be causing the issue is ELE - PCS.esp, because that came from a 3rd party patch provided here: ELE Patches.

Attempting to move the record edit from ELE Patches to a manual patch didn't change the load order issue. 

ELE and WS are supposed to work together, as per the WS description page
"Compatibility: [...] (You can still pair this mod with Luminosity or ELE, just place it after this mod in load order)"

1 hour ago, tardyhaiku said:

You're totally right - I 3DNPC and AIO mixed up in my brain.

Back again with another though: 

JK's Temple of Talos.esp is saying I need a patch for Window Shadows RT and to download the patch for it from Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors.

I already installed it, and it's enabled with the name "WS-JK's Temple of Talos.esp" (plugins.txt attached).

Error Message from LOOT:

# JK's Temple of Talos.esp

- Version: 1.0.1
- Load Order Index: FE 0E0
- Attributes: Active, Light Plugin
- Verified clean by: SSEEdit v4.0.4

## Messages

- Note: You seem to be using **Window Shadows RT**, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A third party patch is available here: [Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55309/)

## Locations

- [JK's Temple of Talos](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56971/)

plugins.txt 56.93 kB · 1 download

It looks like the plugin was renamed at some point, so I've updated it. Thanks for the report!

1 hour ago, tardyhaiku said:

Just got a cyclic interaction from ELE_SSE.esp and WSLightFade.esp

ELE_SSE.esp
[Master]
ELE - PCS.esp
[Group]
WSEnhancer.esp
[Masterlist Load After]
WSLightFade.esp
[Group]
ELE_SSE.esp

The one that I think might be causing the issue is ELE - PCS.esp, because that came from a 3rd party patch provided here: ELE Patches.

Attempting to move the record edit from ELE Patches to a manual patch didn't change the load order issue. 

ELE and WS are supposed to work together, as per the WS description page
"Compatibility: [...] (You can still pair this mod with Luminosity or ELE, just place it after this mod in load order)"

The cyclic interaction is actually due to ELE & the WS enhancer plugin being in the same group & having plugins that need to load after them without having an explicit order set between them. While WS itself is apparently compatible with ELE (at least the RS compatibility version), from looking at them in xEdit, the enhancer plugin doesn't appear to be. You'll have to use one or the other, so I'll add an incompatibility between them. The WS light fader plugin might work, but you'd need to load it after ELE for it to really have any effect. Whether that effect works well with ELE is another question that would require testing, so I'll leave those as-is for now.

Edited by sibir
typo

3 hours ago, sibir said:

The cyclic interaction is actually due to ELE & the WS enhancer plugin being in the same group & having plugins that need to load after them without having an explicit order set between them. While WS itself is apparently compatible with ELE (at least the RS compatibility version), from looking at them in xEdit, the enhancer plugin doesn't appear to be. You'll have to use one or the other, so I'll add an incompatibility between them. The WS light fader plugin might work, but you'd need to load it after ELE for it to really have any effect. Whether that effect works well with ELE is another question that would require testing, so I'll leave those as-is for now.

Thanks for checking! I've ditched ELE and LOOT got through the sort (takes WAY too long because I have way too many ESL flagged patches - like 1800)

11 hours ago, tardyhaiku said:

Thanks for checking! I've ditched ELE and LOOT got through the sort (takes WAY too long because I have way too many ESL flagged patches - like 1800)

Yes, that's a known issue that we currently don't have a good solution for. Sorting scales poorly with large amounts of plugins as well as user rules, so you'll have to trim them down if it takes too long for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a cyclic interaction error between "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" and "Water for ENB - Patch - Rudy ENB.esp".  Cannot figure out why.  I have deleted "Water for ENB - Patch - Rudy ENB", and that makes the sort work.  But I would like to have that patch.

Second error.  I get a message in respect of the mod Chesko_WearableLantern.esp, namely that the following update patch is available "Wearable Lanterns MCM Fix".  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at this mod (mod 25372) and the posted comments on Nexus.  This mod is a disaster.  It has not been updated since April 27, 2019.  Causes multiple and persistent CTDs.  As I indicated in the posts, the better mod is Chesko's Wearable Lanterns - SE and VR Patch.

Please remove the message to update to Wearable Lanterns MCM Fix.

3 hours ago, aristotle99 said:

I have a cyclic interaction error between "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" and "Water for ENB - Patch - Rudy ENB.esp".  Cannot figure out why.  I have deleted "Water for ENB - Patch - Rudy ENB", and that makes the sort work.  But I would like to have that patch.

Without knowing the full cyclic interaction, I can't tell for sure, but it's most likely from using RWT & Water for ENB at the same time. You should pick one or the other.

3 hours ago, aristotle99 said:

Second error.  I get a message in respect of the mod Chesko_WearableLantern.esp, namely that the following update patch is available "Wearable Lanterns MCM Fix".  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at this mod (mod 25372) and the posted comments on Nexus.  This mod is a disaster.  It has not been updated since April 27, 2019.  Causes multiple and persistent CTDs.  As I indicated in the posts, the better mod is Chesko's Wearable Lanterns - SE and VR Patch.

Please remove the message to update to Wearable Lanterns MCM Fix.

The issue with that patch is just the bundled StorageUtil.dll plugin that hasn't been updated for SKSE64. However, LOOT displays a message instructing the user to delete it if present & another message instructing the user to download the updated PapyrusUtil instead. Chesko's Wearable Lanterns - SE and VR Patch is missing the meter widget for lantern fuel that Wearable Lanterns MCM Fix provides, so they're both suggested for that reason.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 7:32 PM, ansomesa said:

Can LOOT sort from a downloaded Masterlist for offline sorting?

Yes, just disable Update masterlist before sorting in settings.

Edited by sibir
Oops no Markdown

On 8/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, sibir said:

Yes, just disable **Update masterlist before sorting** in settings.

Skyrim Public leads to a confusing list and no download.

1 hour ago, ansomesa said:

Skyrim Public leads to a confusing list and no download.

This Q/A from the FAQ explains how to manually download/update your masterlists. There's no download button; you just have to navigate to the raw masterlist file & save it.

4 hours ago, ansomesa said:

Loot Faq link is

404: Not Found

What is the name of the Raw Masterlist at Github?

The link works fine for me. The masterlists are named masterlist.yaml & are found in the individual repositories for each game. For instance, the Skyrrim Special Edition masterlist is the masterlist.yaml file in the skyrimse repo found at the link Wrinkly provided.

5 hours ago, ansomesa said:

Loot Faq link is

404: Not Found

What is the name of the Raw Masterlist at Github?

Just do a search on the site- get to this page and select a game. Search for the "masterlist.yaml" item in the tree, and, once it has loaded, select the "raw" option on the page.

ML.thumb.png.fa0b07b90c98668f6e45402d7cb3b272.png