[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Yeah I'm not at all a big fan of the new version. I rolled back to 0.17.0 and have no intention of upgrading anymore. Version 0.18.1 gave me nothing but errors and I'm really not a big fan of the new UI.

Edited by Wolfar15
spelling error

On 3/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, Wolfar15 said:

Yeah I'm not at all a bit fan of the new version. I rolled back to 0.17.0 and have no intention of upgrading anymore. Version 0.18.1 gave me nothing but errors and I'm really not a big fan of the new UI.

Please try to keep your feedback constructive. We understand that some people may not appreciate the new UI or simply the fact that it's changed, but we feel the benefits outweigh the drawbacks (you can read this issue for more details). If you have any specific feedback on how we can improve it, feel free to leave it, but simply saying that you don't like it or prefer the old UI doesn't accomplish this.

As for errors, please be more specific. If you describe them & provide debug logs as necessary, we can help you resolve them or fix them if they end up being bugs. We resolved a few notable issues in v0.18.1 & are planning on releasing v0.18.2 soon to address another major one. We also always try to respond to users' bug reports to the best of our ability.

As for sticking to v0.17.0, please understand that v0.18.0 included a masterlist syntax update. This means that new masterlist updates will be made to new branches of the masterlists that v0.17.0 will not automatically draw updates from & will not necessarily be compatible with (some masterlists currently aren't, & more may become incompatible as necessary).

Edited by sibir
grammar

Okay, sounds fair. When I first started up version 0.18.1 of course I had no masterlist so I tried immediately to update the masterlist and got an error and the masterlist wouldn't update. Naturally i couldn't sort my plugins without a masterlist and lastly of course all of my user metadata was erased so upon rolling back I had to set all of that up again. Maybe it's on my end? I always previously just downloaded the Loot installer and installed the new version of Loot over top of the existing version. Do I need to completely remove the existing version before installing the new version? I already grabbed both of the requirements for the version I'll be using.

10 hours ago, Wolfar15 said:

Okay, sounds fair. When I first started up version 0.18.1 of course I had no masterlist so I tried immediately to update the masterlist and got an error and the masterlist wouldn't update. Naturally i couldn't sort my plugins without a masterlist and lastly of course all of my user metadata was erased so upon rolling back I had to set all of that up again. Maybe it's on my end? I always previously just downloaded the Loot installer and installed the new version of Loot over top of the existing version. Do I need to completely remove the existing version before installing the new version? I already grabbed both of the requirements for the version I'll be using.

LOOT v0.18.2 was released earlier today which mostly addresses some dependency-related issues causing people who installed LOOT via the 32-bit installer to not be able to update their masterlists so please make sure to update, especially if you used the 32-bit installer. Also, GitHub was having some connectivity issues recently, so that might've prevented your masterlist from updating. Otherwise, we'd need to know what error you got by enabling debug logging & uploading your debug log here.

As for your user metadata, LOOT should've migrated it automatically (maybe you'd need to restart after first launching it, but it worked fine for me right away). If that somehow failed, your LOOT data is now backed up automatically on update (& on-demand), so you should be able to retrieve them from the backup made when you initially updated to v0.18.x located in backups/ in your LOOT data folder (in v0.18.0+, you can navigate to it by selecting Open LOOT Data Folder in the File menu). User metadata for each game is located in the userlist.yaml file in each game's folder, so just extract that file to it's equivalent game folder in LOOT/games/ (e.g., for SSE, extract the userlist.yaml file in Skyrim Special Edition/ from the backup to LOOT/games/Skyrim Special Edition/).

As for updating, just installing it the existing location should be fine. Worst-case scenario, you'll end up with some old, unused files hanging around until you properly uninstall it.

another issue with a file of creation club of the Sykim AE DLC:

I cleaned it local on my PC with SSEEdit nevertheless I get the warnung in yellow but its the same crc

# ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl

- CRC: EDDE17F4
- Attributes: Dirty, Master Plugin, Light Plugin, Loads Archive
- Group: Creation Club

## Messages

- Warning: [SSEEdit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164) hat 1 ITM-Eintrag gefunden. Eine Anleitung zum Säubern von Plugins mit xEdit finden Sie [hier](https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html#ThreeEasyStepstocleanMods).

you again mixed up links and version:

all these Location links are wrong as they direct to the English version with different CRC than mine German version

The right link is  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65237 and I want the Water drop

Version is correct, CRC is correct, but locations are false, you ignored my posting here of Wednesday at 02:45 AM,

pls fix this

# Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

- Version: 4.2.6a-DV-1.1
- CRC: B3AB07FD
- Load Order Index: 05
- Attributes: Active, Master Plugin, Loads Archive
- Group: Fixes & Resources

## Locations

- [Location 1](https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1888-unofficial-skyrim-special-edition-patch/)
- [Location 2](https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/2947658/)
- [Location 3](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266/)

5 hours ago, Dreifels said:

another issue with a file of creation club of the Sykim AE DLC:

I cleaned it local on my PC with SSEEdit nevertheless I get the warnung in yellow but its the same crc

# ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl

- CRC: EDDE17F4
- Attributes: Dirty, Master Plugin, Light Plugin, Loads Archive
- Group: Creation Club

## Messages

- Warning: [SSEEdit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164) hat 1 ITM-Eintrag gefunden. Eine Anleitung zum Säubern von Plugins mit xEdit finden Sie [hier](https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html#ThreeEasyStepstocleanMods).

As we said before, if you're using the German translation of Skyrim or your base game files are different from the default English files in some other way, QAC won't necessarily be able to automatically clean the same records. If you want to manually clean the ITM (which won't show up as an ITM for you as it's probably reverting some localized text back to English), the FormID of the record which you can use to find it in xEdit is 00000007. Removing it from ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl will make the message go away.

4 hours ago, Dreifels said:

you again mixed up links and version:

all these Location links are wrong as they direct to the English version with different CRC than mine German version

The right link is  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65237 and I want the Water drop

Version is correct, CRC is correct, but locations are false, you ignored my posting here of Wednesday at 02:45 AM,

pls fix this

# Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

- Version: 4.2.6a-DV-1.1
- CRC: B3AB07FD
- Load Order Index: 05
- Attributes: Active, Master Plugin, Loads Archive
- Group: Fixes & Resources

## Locations

- [Location 1](https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1888-unofficial-skyrim-special-edition-patch/)
- [Location 2](https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/2947658/)
- [Location 3](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266/)

The locations aren't incorrect as they aren't checksum- or version-based, they're simply all the locations that we know of that any plugin with that filename can be legally & otherwise acceptably downloaded from. The location that you got (or hosted) the plugin from may not be reflected by those locations until we have had reason to add it. They're mostly for our own ability to maintain the masterlists so that we don't have to look up a file every time we want to update or double-check its metadata. We just display it to users as well since we already have it & figure it may be useful to some users.

As for adding your cleaning data, as we've said before, please have patience. We haven't ignored your reports (I even added the first few a couple of days ago). We do this of our own volition & on our own time, so we can't get to every single request & report the second that they're submitted & some stuff will inevitably fall through the cracks despite our best efforts. If you want to see your cleaning data added more quickly, you can contribute it to the relevant masterlists yourself by following our contributing guide. That way, we would just have to review your changes if necessary & merge them much more easily. Otherwise, please have patience. If you want to make sure that your reports aren't forgotten as is common with forums, file an issue in the relevant masterlist repo (e.g., the SSE repo for SSE mods) & post your cleaning data there.

creation club issues:
these are localized all, same as the 5 vanilla peaces.
But cleaning of the original vanilla works, there is no warning left.

Locations: if you list all locations, independent of checksums, then you did not add the location I told
"The location that you got (or hosted) the plugin from may not be reflected by those locations until we have had reason to add it."
minimum one location should be according the CRC of the published vrsion
Otherwise LOOT is worthless for all of the world being not English.
Users must be able to trust the shown result of LOOT and find the source of that published version that they do run, not another whcih sometimes has no further link to the translation.

If you have time to put in masterlist the SSEdit CRC result, it is one line more only.
You can provide a template, if it may help, but the current doing is causing lot of work on both sides, w/o any sense.

it sounds strange when you add locations to english mods, but then it's too much work when it's a non english version. Think about it.

V11.0.1-DV The People Of Skyrim Complete
  - name: 'tpos_ultimate_esm.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x3C7898AE
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.4'

## Locations

- https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20140?tab=files

8 hours ago, Dreifels said:

creation club issues:
these are localized all, same as the 5 vanilla peaces.
But cleaning of the original vanilla works, there is no warning left.

Locations: if you list all locations, independent of checksums, then you did not add the location I told
"The location that you got (or hosted) the plugin from may not be reflected by those locations until we have had reason to add it."
minimum one location should be according the CRC of the published vrsion
Otherwise LOOT is worthless for all of the world being not English.
Users must be able to trust the shown result of LOOT and find the source of that published version that they do run, not another whcih sometimes has no further link to the translation.

If you have time to put in masterlist the SSEdit CRC result, it is one line more only.
You can provide a template, if it may help, but the current doing is causing lot of work on both sides, w/o any sense.

it sounds strange when you add locations to english mods, but then it's too much work when it's a non english version. Think about it.

I didn't say we don't add locations for translations. I said we only add locations that we know of when we add or update metadata for that plugin. When I added the cleaning data for the first few translations you provided a few days ago, I did indeed add the locations for them as well. You can verify for yourself by making sure your masterlist is up-to-date & checking the locations of Wyrmstooth.esp & Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary.esp. We haven't added the cleaning data (nor has anyone added any other metadata, for that matter) for the remaining translations yet, so that's why they do not currently list their locations. When your cleaning data is added, the locations will absolutely be added as well as that is our policy when adding or updating metadata for any plugin.

For the CC plugin, again, either remove the record with FormID 00000007 from ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl or ignore the message. Please see my previous replies on the subject as to why QAC isn't automatically cleaning that record for you but does for me & others.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, Dreifels said:

V11.0.1-DV The People Of Skyrim Complete
  - name: 'tpos_ultimate_esm.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x3C7898AE

## Locations

- https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20140?tab=files

On 3/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, Dreifels said:

Atlas Map Markers SSE 1.05-DV
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20466?tab=files
 - name: 'Atlas Legendary.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0xE1DB000E

- name: 'Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x3259520C

On 3/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, Dreifels said:

4.2.6a-DV-1.1 - Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65237?tab=files
  - name: 'Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0xB3AB07FD

On 3/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, Dreifels said:

Kingdom Of Winterhold (AIO)-1.0-DV-1.1
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/edit/?step=files&id=65366

- name: 'KingdomWinterhold.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x72C2348A

Thanks, I've added these.

• 2 weeks later...

Loot false message, not accepting esp flagged as esl

Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
is installed, but it is flagged as ESL

loot.jpg

I have the latest version (18.2) and it's working fine for me so far, very fast and feels solid. The only problem I have is one "false" red flag: it says Simply Knock needs Papyrus Util 3.9+, but I have that installed already. I'm still setting up my current mod list, so there might be more.

13 hours ago, Dreifels said:

Loot false message, not accepting esp flagged as esl

Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
is installed, but it is flagged as ESL

loot.jpg

That message comes from the masters of Settlements Expanded SE - Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges Patch.esp & isn't anything we've manually added. If you ESL-flagged Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp by changing the extension to .esl, the game (& therefore LOOT) will treat it as a different plugin & not the master of that patch. You'll need to keep the original extension & set the ESL flag of the plugin with the Creation Kit, xEdit, or Wrye Bash or rename the master within the patch, the latter being much more difficult & potentially dangerous.

1 hour ago, SammySahm said:

I have the latest version (18.2) and it's working fine for me so far, very fast and feels solid. The only problem I have is one "false" red flag: it says Simply Knock needs Papyrus Util 3.9+, but I have that installed already. I'm still setting up my current mod list, so there might be more.

The message only shows if you have the outdated version of PapyrusUtil bundled with Simply Knock, so make sure it's not overwriting your more up-to-date version within your mod manager.

I'm running LOOT 0.18.2 under Wine (Linux), so I understand if I get no support with this report.  First off, previous versions of LOOT were unusable on Wine for me, so this new GUI framework makes it usable.  I'm happy about that.  Now to the report.

I get the following error when launching LOOT: "GnuTLS error: The requested data were not available."  It does not appear to be a Wine report, as they are prefixed with "xxxx:fixme:" or "xxxx:err:" or "wine:".  That's how I understand it, I could be wrong though.

What do the devs think about this error?  Can I do something to fix it?  LOOT seems to me to be completely functional, I just don't like errors in STDOUT.

4 hours ago, Malonn said:

I'm running LOOT 0.18.2 under Wine (Linux), so I understand if I get no support with this report.  First off, previous versions of LOOT were unusable on Wine for me, so this new GUI framework makes it usable.  I'm happy about that.  Now to the report.

I get the following error when launching LOOT: "GnuTLS error: The requested data were not available."  It does not appear to be a Wine report, as they are prefixed with "xxxx:fixme:" or "xxxx:err:" or "wine:".  That's how I understand it, I could be wrong though.

What do the devs think about this error?  Can I do something to fix it?  LOOT seems to me to be completely functional, I just don't like errors in STDOUT.

Are you running the 64-bit build or the 32-bit build?

If you disable LOOT checking for updates on startup, do you still see that error logged?

LOOT doesn't use GnuTLS, but it looks line Wine implements Windows' Schannel using GnuTLS. I've got no idea if the error is due to some logic bug in that implementation, or if the error is due to something going wrong with the TLS connection.

2 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

If you disable LOOT checking for updates on startup, do you still see that error logged?

I'll just jump in here as a fellow linux/wine64 user and say that I see the errors too but they don't appear to affect anything for me. Running wine-staging 7.6 and the 64bit loot build on Arch Linux.

I do see the error though: 

0058:fixme:nsi:ipv6_forward_enumerate_all not implemented
010c:fixme:win:IsTouchWindow (0000000000010090 000000000011AF90): stub
GnuTLS error: The requested data were not available.

Update checking, sorting, editing metadata all work fine. I did have TLS issues with the 32bit build back in 0.18.0 however, which is why I switched to 64bit. 

On 4/13/2022 at 12:12 PM, WrinklyNinja said:

LOOT doesn't use GnuTLS, but it looks line Wine implements Windows' Schannel using GnuTLS. I've got no idea if the error is due to some logic bug in that implementation, or if the error is due to something going wrong with the TLS connection.

64 bit build.  Yep, it goes away by disabling the update check.  Alright, thanks for your input.  I'll chalk it up to Wine, disable the update check to remove the error, and just check the website for new versions periodically.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:24 PM, sibir said:

The message only shows if you have the outdated version of PapyrusUtil bundled with Simply Knock, so make sure it's not overwriting your more up-to-date version within your mod manager.

Thank you, that was the problem! I hid the old PapyrusUtil file and it got rid of the warning.

1 hour ago, SammySahm said:

Thank you, that was the problem! I hid the old PapyrusUtil file and it got rid of the warning.

You're welcome!

# Ivarstead.esp
## Messages
- Note: Sie scheinen **[AI Overhaul](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21654/)** zu nutzen, aber Sie haben keinen Kompatibilitätspatch für diese Mod aktiviert. Ein Patch von Dritten ist hier verfügbar: [AI Overhaul - Official Patch Hub](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35823/)

There is no patch for Ivarstead.esp

# Kynesgrove.esp
## Messages
- Note: Sie scheinen **[AI Overhaul](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21654/)** zu nutzen, aber Sie haben keinen Kompatibilitätspatch für diese Mod aktiviert. Ein Patch von Dritten ist hier verfügbar: [AI Overhaul - Official Patch Hub](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35823/)

There is no patch for Kynesgrove.esp