[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Will do. Its behaving since, and I cant repro it either, tried an uninstall / reinstall so it sees my system for the first time again, and has to redownload masterlists for all games etc .. no luck.

6 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

As pStyl3 said, your plugins.txt is most likely read-only.

I assume that must've been the case, though it seems to have fixed itself without me actually having to do anything. Thank you for the help though!

I'm already using Loot 0.12.3 for Skyrim and Skyrim SE, is it still worthwhile to fetch BOSS for Oblivion?

Latest BOSS masterlist available at Nexus is 1 year old.

5 hours ago, godescalcus said:

I'm already using Loot 0.12.3 for Skyrim and Skyrim SE, is it still worthwhile to fetch BOSS for Oblivion?

LOOT's Oblivion masterlist has never received much attention because BOSS's was (is?) pretty comprehensive, so depending on the mods you use you'll probably get better results with BOSS. 1 year may be a while, but it's been around for 9 years now oh god I've been at this for 12 years and it'll get outdated relatively slowly as the pace of modding has slowed.

That said, if you do have problems with BOSS, good luck getting help, because it looks like nobody's actively maintaining the masterlists. deaths_soul had taken over development, but that's been sporadic. I'm still an admin for the GitHub repositories, but I haven't touched them in years and don't plan to beyond granting access to anyone interested in getting involved.

5 hours ago, godescalcus said:

I'm using LOOT for Oblivion (and Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE), and having no issues, admittedly I do not have the biggest Load Order for Oblivion, but I have no doubt if there was anything which needed a specific ordering not covered by the masterlist so far for LOOT, then using Load After would sort those rare occasions without any bother.

IMHO there really is no need for BOSS anymore, there are some people who have not been convinced, but I can only imagine that is due to a lack of understanding or just not becoming familiar with how to use LOOT to their advantage. LOOT has its own masterlist which anyone can submit a report about mods with specific ordering needs, it has Priorities which can be set, or even easier anyone can just use Load After instead .. What does BOSS have to offer that is better, a more mature masterlist for the odd 1 or 2 mods which LOOT needs guidance with, otherwise LOOT will get most of it right without needing a masterlist. And in the cases where a msterlist entry is actually needed .. submit a report and sort it out.

In all the time I have been using LOOT, there has only ever been one occasion I needed to use Load After data, and that was resolved after the next update to the mods concerned, the plugins thereafter included Masters as dependancies, which LOOT also respects and orders accordingly. :shrug: People afraid of the new ?

bZB4wze.png

GF1RTIS.png

mvXze8c.png

1 hour ago, pStyl3 said:

This still needs to be updated to reflect the removal of CEFDebugLog.txt.

I thought I'd updated that... done now, thanks.

1 hour ago, pStyl3 said:

Source code for Vortex is going online, here are the relevant parts regarding LOOT.

Good to know, starred on GitHub for future reference.

On 16/02/2018 at 10:16 AM, pStyl3 said:

Read The Docs doesn't mention Fallout 4 VR, yet. Also, the copyright year needs to be updated there aswell.

It's mentioned in some places, but I've made it consistent now, and updated the year.

Index.html needs to be adjusted aswell (so that it mentions Fallout 4 VR), but I think that's the last one. :P

Anyway, I had a look at "loot_0.12.3-7-g1fdf9c8_check-plugins-txt.7z". I only could test with SSE as I'm currently on my laptop, but I think the build is alright. I haven't found any new bugs.

The adjusted error message also worked as intended, once I set my plugins.txt to be read only, LOOT told me about it.

1 hour ago, pStyl3 said:

Index.html needs to be adjusted aswell (so that it mentions Fallout 4 VR), but I think that's the last one. :P

Anyway, I had a look at "loot_0.12.3-7-g1fdf9c8_check-plugins-txt.7z". I only could test with SSE as I'm currently on my laptop, but I think the build is alright. I haven't found any new bugs.

The adjusted error message also worked as intended, once I set my plugins.txt to be read only, LOOT told me about it.

Added a mention there too.

Hi! I'm new to this site. I've been playing Skyrim for a few years. I just got Fallout 4, played for a day (no mods), and decided to download a few mods for that game yesterday (only 8 mods).  Well, I was stupid and downloaded the Unofficial Patch for FO4 (I don't have all of the DLCs) and it's showing up red in the plugin list; but I'm more concerned about my LOOT. It would not open, at all, for FO4. So I tried to open it in Skyrim (where I'd had no problems prior), and lo and behold, LOOT would NOT open in Skyrim either. So what does a person do when something like this happens?  Uninstall and reinstall, right?  Yeah. I uninstalled LOOT. I went to the Github site and tried to download the installer. It refused to download. I went to Nexus and downloaded from there (took about an hour!). I tried to install...got a message, "This app can't run on your PC." [Close] Um, what? It ran on this PC previously! I'm downloading the 7z file now but it looks like it's going to take several hours for that to download. What the heck??? Is this due to the update in LOOT? Am I doing something wrong? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

klingongal

11 hours ago, klingongal said:

Hi! I'm new to this site. I've been playing Skyrim for a few years. I just got Fallout 4, played for a day (no mods), and decided to download a few mods for that game yesterday (only 8 mods).  Well, I was stupid and downloaded the Unofficial Patch for FO4 (I don't have all of the DLCs) and it's showing up red in the plugin list; but I'm more concerned about my LOOT. It would not open, at all, for FO4. So I tried to open it in Skyrim (where I'd had no problems prior), and lo and behold, LOOT would NOT open in Skyrim either. So what does a person do when something like this happens?  Uninstall and reinstall, right?  Yeah. I uninstalled LOOT. I went to the Github site and tried to download the installer. It refused to download. I went to Nexus and downloaded from there (took about an hour!). I tried to install...got a message, "This app can't run on your PC." [Close] Um, what? It ran on this PC previously! I'm downloading the 7z file now but it looks like it's going to take several hours for that to download. What the heck??? Is this due to the update in LOOT? Am I doing something wrong? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

klingongal

Maybe you've got antivirus that's interfering with LOOT?

I use Malwarebytes Premium and have used it for the past couple of years...I'm not sure why that would affect Windows itself telling me that the "app" wouldn't run on my computer now. I don't have Windows Defender turned on, because I know that you're not supposed to run two antivirus programs at one time. 

I'll try to download LOOT again. It's still not downloading. Then if I can get it to download, I'll turn off Malwarebytes and see if that helps any.

Well - something may have been in the air last night...I just tried and BOOM. LOOT downloaded in less than a minute. Ran the installer and LOOT was up and running in less than a minute. 

I don't know what was going on yesterday, but today my computer decided that it likes LOOT again. I have no idea what happened. I didn't even turn off Malwarebytes or do anything different than I did yesterday. Weird! 

End point, at least I have LOOT again. 

Now, I just need to get rid of that FO4 unofficial patch. Any uninstallation ideas? Or why it's showing up red? The box under Plugins has been unticked

2 hours ago, klingongal said:

Well - something may have been in the air last night...I just tried and BOOM. LOOT downloaded in less than a minute. Ran the installer and LOOT was up and running in less than a minute. 

I don't know what was going on yesterday, but today my computer decided that it likes LOOT again. I have no idea what happened. I didn't even turn off Malwarebytes or do anything different than I did yesterday. Weird! 

End point, at least I have LOOT again. 

Now, I just need to get rid of that FO4 unofficial patch. Any uninstallation ideas? Or why it's showing up red? The box under Plugins has been unticked

I don't really know anything about specific FO4 mods, sorry.

Someone else mentioned going to steam/steamapps/common/fallout4/data and deleting the files there (Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp, Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - Textures.ba2, and Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - Main.ba2).  

I have LOOT again, and have deleted these files. Now we'll see if FO4 works!

One of the things I want to work on next is improving the performance of sorting large load orders, as the sorting algorithm currently scales terribly. To that end, if people could provide debug logs for sorting their load orders large and small (the game doesn't matter), that would help me identify the areas to focus on first.

On a related note, I'd forgotten how much of a pain it is to use libraries and tooling in C++, especially on Windows... I'm actually prototyping changes in Rust because it's much easier to just pull in graph and benchmarking libraries and start experimenting, but that's just so wrong. :yuck: My Ubuntu partition needed to update to 17.10 and then decided it didn't like my graphics card, so now I'm stuck with trying to run half the things I want to use through WSL/Docker in the absolutely awful Windows terminal emulator (I can't find a decent third-party alternative) until I feel like fixing Ubuntu. I've got a macbook at work and its price tag seems saner by the day... :crash:

EDIT: If providing debug logs, please make sure you're using the latest build to get the latest optimisations.

Edited by WrinklyNinja

I've also filed an issue about replacing priorities with groups. It's something that's been simmering away in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven't given it much real thought. Any thoughts/opinions people have on the idea would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

I've also filed an issue about replacing priorities with groups. It's something that's been simmering away in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven't given it much real thought. Any thoughts/opinions people have on the idea would be appreciated.

If that is useful for people who are using Vortex then it is a good idea.  :)

Also, if that happen how would that be different for people who are using WB.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

If that is useful for people who are using Vortex then it is a good idea.  :)

Also, if that happen how would that be different for people who are using WB.

The change is independent of Vortex and Wrye Bash and indeed the LOOT application, I'm hoping it'll make LOOT's load ordering easier to use whatever utility you do it through.

I don't think Bash uses any of LOOT's sorting functionality or priority metadata though, so it may not be affected.

Hi, can someone here tell me what's wrong with my LOOT? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it countless times, erasing every trace of it, but I keep getting the same errors.

[10:22:45.073933] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[10:22:46.606528] [warning]: No masterlist present at C:\Users\theha\AppData\Local\LOOT\Fallout4\masterlist.yaml
[10:22:46.613105] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.613187] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.613234] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614793] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614832] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614865] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347368] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347436] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347474] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347715] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347753] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347785] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:55.581524] [error]: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5)
[10:22:55.581612] [error]: Exception while executing query: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5): Libloadorder error
[10:22:55.584235] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
    at onFailure (http://loot/ui/js/query.js:43:16)
[10:26:16.759901] [error]: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5)
[10:26:16.759970] [error]: Exception while executing query: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5): Libloadorder error
[10:26:16.760767] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.

2 hours ago, darthsarn said:

Hi, can someone here tell me what's wrong with my LOOT? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it countless times, erasing every trace of it, but I keep getting the same errors.

[10:22:45.073933] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[10:22:46.606528] [warning]: No masterlist present at C:\Users\theha\AppData\Local\LOOT\Fallout4\masterlist.yaml
[10:22:46.613105] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.613187] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.613234] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614793] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614832] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:46.614865] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347368] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347436] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347474] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347715] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347753] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "NewCalibers.esp", but it is missing.
[10:22:51.347785] [error]: "ArmorKeywords-Paint.esp" requires "Loads.esm", but it is missing.
[10:22:55.581524] [error]: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5)
[10:22:55.581612] [error]: Exception while executing query: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5): Libloadorder error
[10:22:55.584235] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
[10:26:16.759901] [error]: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5)
[10:26:16.759970] [error]: Exception while executing query: libloadorder failed to set the load order. Details: Access is denied. (os error 5): Libloadorder error
[10:26:16.760767] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.

Your plugins.txt is read-only.