[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

3 hours ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

See, I would believe that completely, as removing the mod cleared the error message in LOOT, but I do not understand how selecting DO NOT INSTALL for the Moonlight Tales option CAUSES this error message, despite the only source of my script coming from Growl itself.

As I stated earlier, "the message is only displayed when you have RaceCompatibility.esm & the conflicting script installed." You've removed RaceCompatibility.esm by completely uninstalling the mod, so the message is no longer displayed even if you still have the script from another mod.

3 hours ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

Update: It appears that the Growl and Sacrilege Hybrid mod is the REAL source of this error message. It uses it's own  PlayerWerewolfChangeScript and removing that mod clears the error while race compatibility is installed with the correct options selected. This actually does not conflict, it is meant to be this way. I would suggest updating this for the next LOOT release! :D

Great, then we can hide the message when this mod is installed. Can you please provide a link to it so I can do so? Also, just FYI, we don't have to wait until releases to push masterlist updates. The masterlists are updated independently, &, by default (there's a setting to disable it), you can receive those updates whenever you sort your load order. You can also use the Update Masterlist button next to the sort button to do so without sorting.

I just updated Loot from loot_0.18.6-win64.exe to loot_0.19.1-win64.exe. Now when I run Loot from inside MO2, it appears to sort my plugins like before, but when I click "Apply Sorted Load Order", and then exit back to MO2, the new sort does not save. It does not change the order of the plugins.

I have Windows 10. I have a large mod list. I did recently move my mod setup to a different drive. The actual Skyrim and Steam folders did not change, but MO2 and Loot went to the new drive. In MO2 I did change the Modify Executables paths to the new location. When I look in the MO2 folder under the current profile, plugins.txt DOES change correctly, but loadorder.txt does NOT change correctly. Also, I do have several custom sorting rules in Loot I have saved, and I have a backup of: 

AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Skyrim Special Edition\userlist.yaml

BTW, the sort speed is unreal now! Almost too good to be true... I mean... wow!

How can I get this awesome tool to sort the MO2 load order like before? Thanks!

21 minutes ago, candles said:

I just updated Loot from loot_0.18.6-win64.exe to loot_0.19.1-win64.exe. Now when I run Loot from inside MO2, it appears to sort my plugins like before, but when I click "Apply Sorted Load Order", and then exit back to MO2, the new sort does not save. It does not change the order of the plugins.

I have Windows 10. I have a large mod list. I did recently move my mod setup to a different drive. The actual Skyrim and Steam folders did not change, but MO2 and Loot went to the new drive. In MO2 I did change the Modify Executables paths to the new location. When I look in the MO2 folder under the current profile, plugins.txt DOES change correctly, but loadorder.txt does NOT change correctly. Also, I do have several custom sorting rules in Loot I have saved, and I have a backup of: 

AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Skyrim Special Edition\userlist.yaml

BTW, the sort speed is unreal now! Almost too good to be true... I mean... wow!

How can I get this awesome tool to sort the MO2 load order like before? Thanks!

loadorder.txt is only used for the original Skyrim, not Skyrim SE. I don't know why you're not seeing the same behaviour as before, I don't think anything about how LOOT saves the load order has changed recently.

Edited by WrinklyNinja

Thanks for the reply!

That is interesting, but the load order after running Loot from inside MO2 still doesn't update. MO2's right hand side does not reflect the order that plugins.txt says.

2 minutes ago, candles said:

Thanks for the reply!

That is interesting, but the load order after running Loot from inside MO2 still doesn't update. MO2's right hand side does not reflect the order that plugins.txt says.

That sounds like a MO2 issue then, I don't think anything has changed recently about how LOOT applies load orders.

So plugins.txt in the correct MO2 profile folder SHOULD tell MO2 how to sort the plugins? If that is true it can help me narrow down the issues. Thanks! 

Is it possible that somewhere in the settings or in AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Skyrim Special Edition... that something is pointing at the old MO2 or Loot path?

10 minutes ago, candles said:

So plugins.txt in the correct MO2 profile folder SHOULD tell MO2 how to sort the plugins? If that is true it can help me narrow down the issues. Thanks! 

Is it possible that somewhere in the settings or in AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Skyrim Special Edition... that something is pointing at the old MO2 or Loot path?

Possibly, I don't know how MO2 works, I don't use it.

As for paths in settings, it's worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LOOT team, I want to change the way my mods are sorted and add them to a group I found inside the masterlist, would it be easier to post the request here or attempt to do a masterlist update myself?

Also Kingsport Lighthouse DCnR plugin has spaces in it the actual filename is:

KingsportLighthouse_DCnR_F-ESL.esp

@VilanceD, you're always welcome to try (you can start by reading this & following the links), & you're free to ask for help. However, I'd like to discuss this particular change here first. What group are you referring to? I'm assuming PreVis & PreCombined Fixes? That group is for mods that only or mostly edit previs & precombine data as any mods that make any unrelated edits or additions of CELL children would include those cells & potentially revert other mods' previs/precombine data. It's the same as our other groups for  mods that only edits CELL records, like lighting mods (we even have some groups for mods that only edit WRLD records since they have exterior CELL records as children, resulting in a similar dilemma). However, it's not for mods that make a lot of other edits & then regenerate previs/precombine data for those edits as it's not necessarily the optimal choice to prioritize such a mod over a mod that overlaps but doesn't need to regenerate it. It'd therefore be preferable to just load it after specific mods it needs to load after through load after rules rather than a group rule.

As for the plugin name, yeah, it hasn't been updated since you changed the name. I'll update it though, thanks for the report!

2 hours ago, sibir said:

@VilanceD, you're always welcome to try (you can start by reading this & following the links), & you're free to ask for help. However, I'd like to discuss this particular change here first. What group are you referring to? I'm assuming PreVis & PreCombined Fixes? That group is for mods that only or mostly edit previs & precombine data as any mods that make any unrelated edits or additions of CELL children would include those cells & potentially revert other mods' previs/precombine data. It's the same as our other groups for  mods that only edits CELL records, like lighting mods (we even have some groups for mods that only edit WRLD records since they have exterior CELL records as children, resulting in a similar dilemma). However, it's not for mods that make a lot of other edits & then regenerate previs/precombine data for those edits as it's not necessarily the optimal choice to prioritize such a mod over a mod that overlaps but doesn't need to regenerate it. It'd therefore be preferable to just load it after specific mods it needs to load after through load after rules rather than a group rule.

As for the plugin name, yeah, it hasn't been updated since you changed the name. I'll update it though, thanks for the report!

Thanks for the response and clarifying things ... sounds like you are very familiar with the goings on of these mods :) The plugins from the Deep Clean mods I do have fully rebuilt Precombines/Previs. This is why I was requesting that they all load after PRP. I did not realize PRP was relying on that group rule. For the players who run PRP and my mods the default LOOT load order works great. For those players not running PRP they have a lot of trouble with load order. Maybe classify my DC mods as the same as PreVis & PreCombined or placing it after?

Edited by VilanceD
Saying thanks!

@VilanceD, the concern I have with placing your mods in that group is that they do more than just edit or regenerate previs/precombine data. It's therefore not a simple case where loading it after most mods will almost always produce the best overall results. Doing so will likely produce better results for your mod, but worse for theirs. That's why I prefer considering those conflicts on a case-by-case basis & either 1) adding a load rule if it produces good results for both mods, 2) noting with a message that a patch exists (or doesn't to our knowledge but is necessary) as load order isn't enough to produce good results, or 3) noting with a message that they're incompatible with each other if loading them either way doesn't produce good results & a patch isn't appropriate (e.g., they serve similar functions, so only one should be used at a time). If it turns out to be the case that in nearly every instance you encounter, loading your mod last produces good results for both mods, we can consider placing them in a later-loading group, but I'd like a good number of examples to off of first. So, if you know of any mods that conflict with any of your mods & whose conflicts can be addressed with any of the three cases I listed above, please link to them, note which mod or mods of yours they conflict with, & explain briefly which of the three cases is applicable from testing. We can start from there.

@sibir Currently I already ask for players load lists, when users report issues, but it is very rare for the player to post it.

I might have about 5-6 full posted load orders since late October.

I completely understand the perspective of how complex load ordering can get between different kinds of mods.

I am unaware of the situations when a worldspace/exterior cell changing plugin should proceed a Precombine/Previs fix, especially with such a plugin has its own updated PnP content.

It is entirely possible such a scenario exists I am just not familiar enough with other mods to know when and what that might be.

Got another for you guys! 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/67820/?tab=posts&jump_to_comment=121295730&BH=0

If you use this link, this patch for Jk's College + Obscure College of Winterhold requires the user to SKIP the installation of "OCW_CellSettings.esp"  which is included in it's FOMOD, and WOULD BE a necessary asset if not using this mash up patch. 

However, for the sake of using the mash-up patch with these cell settings enabled results in a recreatable CTD, so it has been officially advised to not use it. (My post from 02/10/2023). 

Can we update the LOOT masterlist to exclude the cell settings when detecting the combo patch? It gives an actual error message as is.

Edited by PhxFuryKnight

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a brand new issue. Both LOOT and SSEEdit state that DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp are cyclical references, and yes these screenshots do confirm that they are infinitely referencing each other, causing this issue. 
Neither plugin has any metadata associated with them, besides the Dynamic LOD group that is default to them both. 
Also, LOOT is not correctly displaying DynDOLOD.esp's CURRENT location in my load order. I think it is making an estimate before sorting the plugins, as they are next to each other at slots 143 and 144 within LOOT both before and after an attempt to sort. 
Does this not sound like an issue specific to DynDOLOD? They are not being helpful in any way, despite following their instructions. 

LOOT DynDOLOD Cyclical Error.png

SSEEdit DynDOLOD Cyclical Error.png

SSEEdit DynDOLOD Cyclical Error Part 2.png

@PhxFuryKnight, try completely rebuilding DynDOLOD from scratch, following their instructions carefully. For some reason, the ESM has the ESP as a master, which of course causes a cyclic interaction since LOOT has a hard rule for loading masters after non-masters as well as a hard rule for loading plugins after their dependencies. If it keeps adding the ESP as a master of the ESM, you'll have to ask about it in the DynDOLOD forums, there's nothing we can do about it.

• 2 months later...

LOOT masterlist submission

Skyfall Alternative Start

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'Skyfall Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
      - <<: *quickClean
        crc: 0x94CBD9BA
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.0.4c](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 128
        udr: 1
    clean:
      - crc: 0xA5B47A06
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.4c'

Masterlist Submission

Skyrim Cut Content Restoration

- name: 'CutContentRestoration.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x0DF04FFC
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.0.4c](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 2
    clean:
      - crc: 0x9934BA9D

Masterlist Submission

The Last Dragonborn

- name: 'The Last Dragonborn.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x678F2824
        itm: 12
    clean:
      - crc: 0x876F6E34

Yet another masterlist submission

Blackthorn Alternate Start

- name: 'Blackthorn Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xB5B3DAC6
        itm: 111
    clean:
      - crc: 0x5DF8364E

On 5/12/2023 at 7:16 PM, Beermotor said:

LOOT masterlist submission

Skyfall Alternative Start

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'Skyfall Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x94CBD9BA
        itm: 128
    clean:
      - crc: 0xA5B47A06

On 5/12/2023 at 8:39 PM, Beermotor said:

Masterlist Submission

Skyrim Cut Content Restoration

- name: 'CutContentRestoration.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x0DF04FFC
        itm: 2
    clean:
      - crc: 0x9934BA9D

On 5/12/2023 at 8:44 PM, Beermotor said:

Masterlist Submission

The Last Dragonborn

- name: 'The Last Dragonborn.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x678F2824
        itm: 12
    clean:
      - crc: 0x876F6E34

On 5/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, Beermotor said:

Yet another masterlist submission

Blackthorn Alternate Start

- name: 'Blackthorn Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xB5B3DAC6
        itm: 111
    clean:
      - crc: 0x5DF8364E

Added, thanks for the reports!

• 3 weeks later...

Masterlist Submission

Esterah Alternate Start

- name: 'Esterah Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xF92859A4
        itm: 208
    clean:
      - crc: 0xB4BEC88C

8 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Masterlist Submission

Esterah Alternate Start

- name: 'Esterah Alternate Start.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xF92859A4
        itm: 208
    clean:
      - crc: 0xB4BEC88C

Added, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Masterlist Submission

Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower

- name: 'Recorder Follower Base.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x310301FA
        util: '[TES5VREdit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 34
        udr: 2
    clean:
      - crc: 0x32F5858C
        util: 'TES5VREdit v4.0.4'

Edited by PortableFreezer

Masterlist Submission

New Vaermina Statue

- name: 'New Vaermina Statue.esp'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x5C2BBEA9
        util: '[TES5VREdit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 1
        udr: 7
    clean:
      - crc: 0x6622BDD9
        util: 'TES5VREdit v4.0.4'

Edited by PortableFreezer