[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Hi, I recently updated to LOOT v0.18.3, following this video as a guide, but when I launch LOOT with MO2, it doesn't recognise my mods. Only the base game, DLC and creation club .esm's and .esl's show up in the left-hand pane. At first I thought I had just accidentally unchecked my plugins, but reactivating them didn't help at all, even after rebooting LOOT, MO2 and the PC itself. I've tried uninstalling this new version and returning to my previous but the problem persists, it wont register my active mods. I'm at a loss and would really appreciate some help. Thank you for your time!

image.png

@WhisperGhost, did you follow the steps in the video about adding LOOT as an executable in MO2 & launching it from there?

@ansomesa, if you click the Raw button as lmstearn laid out, it'll just take you to a raw text file. It's somewhat large for a text file (~1MB), but I don't see how that could cause any browser to take up so much memory. Ideally, you'd just utilize LOOT's ability to download & update your masterlists; manually downloading is really only necessary for users who have connectivity issues on their end that we can't do anything about. It doesn't make sense to reconfigure how we host the masterlists for such a small number of cases. If it's easier for you, you can also go to the main page for the repository, press the Code button, & select Download ZIP. The masterlist you need will be in that archive; you can delete the rest of the files.

28 minutes ago, sibir said:

If it's easier for you, you can also go to the main page for the repository, press the Code button, & select Download ZIP. The masterlist you need will be in that archive; you can delete the rest of the files.

Much better idea doing it that way, otherwise there's a bit of CPU activity with the github formatting on the masterlist page (felt more keenly on lower end systems). :)

7 hours ago, sibir said:

@WhisperGhost, did you follow the steps in the video about adding LOOT as an executable in MO2 & launching it from there?

Yep, followed the whole video to the letter

7 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Much better idea doing it that way, otherwise there's a bit of CPU activity with the github formatting on the masterlist page (felt more keenly on lower end systems). :)

The Code worked, Asus is 1.44gb and the Raw Master page did lockup as FF tends to open 9 app pages in Task Manager at once even on a fresh start.

Now how do I access the Masterlist as LOOT only has an online Sort option.

@ansomesa, in LOOT, open the File menu & select Open LOOT Data Folder. Then, open the games folder, navigate to the folder for the game corresponding to the masterlist you downloaded (the folder names should hopefully be clear enough), & drop the masterlist.yaml file in it. As I said before, also make sure to disable Update masterlist before sorting. Sorting itself doesn't require any access to the internet, just updating the masterlist which disabling this setting prevents from happening automatically when you sort.

3 hours ago, sibir said:

@WhisperGhost, do you have multiple installations of SSE? If you go to LOOT's settings & select the profile for SSE, is the install path what you expect?

I got it, thank you!! The install path set to my C: drive instead of my games drive from when I moved Skyrim over to my newer drive. Thank you very much for your time!

Just now, WhisperGhost said:

I got it, thank you!! The install path set to my games drive instead of my C: drive from when I moved Skyrim over to my newer drive. Thank you very much for your time!

You're welcome! If you installed it through Steam, make sure you move it properly such that Steam picks it up. That way, you can just run the launcher & LOOT will be able to automatically detect the correct location.

This is hopeless, I don't know where to put this masterlist. BOSS is so simple to just copy/paste to the folder, now it's a nightmare. Look, is there a Youtube that SHOWS us how to use LOOT?

@ansomesa, there's a tutorial on installation & basic usage. As for where to manually put the masterlist, please re-read my last message; I explained where to put it. However, note that you need to make sure that you're LOOT is up-to-date & that you've selected the game from the game menu in LOOT at least once for the folder to be generated. Since it seems like you're trying to manually download the masterlist for Skyrim Legendary Edition, the folder you'll be looking for will simply be called Skyrim.

"please re-read my last message" that is how I got lost. I did update to the latest 64bit. It had occurred to me that I can do an online masterlist update, export it in reliable workhorse NMM 65.3 and Import from that saved List from then on.

@ansomesa, isn't that a really old version of NMM? If it has any LOOT integration, it's definitely outdated & probably won't be fully functional. My instructions were just for the latest version of LOOT since the folder structure has changed recently (in v0.18.0 specifically), & I don't know how NMM's integration works. I haven't used it for many years, so I can't help you with it, though I would strongly recommend that you update it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can semeone help me, maybe it's nothing but a lot of error kind a alert me. So now, loot think i didn't have some esp but it's clearly there. What can i do ?

(i am on se 1.5. i don't know but not the 1.6)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

6 minutes ago, GrimGri said:

Can semeone help me, maybe it's nothing but a lot of error kind a alert me. So now, loot think i didn't have some esp but it's clearly there. What can i do ?

(i am on se 1.5. i don't know but not the 1.6)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

As is said in the messages, the required plugins need to be active as well. You can tell that they're inactive as they're missing checkmark icons in their cards. You can activate them in your mod manager.

So like WhisperGhost, I'm also having an issue where LOOT only shows the game, dlc, and cc content, but none of my mods. In addition, I also followed the same video WhipserGhost did to the letter,

For some background, I switched from Vortex to MO2 recently. I also did a clean reinstall of Skyrim. I verified that I could launch it through Steam, so everything seems working well there. I had to migrate and deploy all my mods from Vortex in MO2, and they're all showing up fine. I noticed this issue in LOOT when I tried to run it after the switch, so I uninstalled and installed the latest version and I'm still having this issue. I checked to make sure that the Install Path was correct, but to no avail (see screenshot). My Install path is C:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ and my Local AppData Path is C:\Users\spiek\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\mods (changed after I took the screenshot obvs).

Any help would be appreciated. 

LOOT (2).png

22 hours ago, sibir said:

As is said in the messages, the required plugins need to be active as well. You can tell that they're inactive as they're missing checkmark icons in their cards. You can activate them in your mod manager.

even if i activate them i have still the same error

@QueenOfThieves, that's not your Local AppData path for SSE. LOOT can find it by default, including when run through MO2, so I'd recommend just leaving that field blank. Double-check that you're actually running LOOT through MO2 & that your mods are actually enabled within MO2 (checked in the left-hand pane).

@GrimGri, did you refresh content (F5) or restart LOOT? Is the checkmark showing up in the right-hand side of the plugin's card in LOOT?image.png.a309f7e953bc0a57da2debcadb12fc4f.png

@sibir

14 hours ago, sibir said:

@QueenOfThieves, that's not your Local AppData path for SSE. LOOT can find it by default, including when run through MO2, so I'd recommend just leaving that field blank. Double-check that you're actually running LOOT through MO2 & that your mods are actually enabled within MO2 (checked in the left-hand pane).

It looks like that did the trick. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

The latest LOOT failed to start as it requires something called Pyqt5 platform, I have no such file on my box, what is the solution?

Noob question here, I do F04 mods and was recommended to request LOOT data be updated for load order. Who are/is the best people to reach out to, to process such a request? Am I approaching this idea wrong lol? I need my mods to be loaded after PRP https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46403

Thanks,

V.

PS:  Up to 12 mods now :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/21303429?tab=user+files