[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

10 hours ago, alois.marc.leblanc.private said:

It looks like LOOT is having trouble accessing F4SE's version info. Do you have it running while trying to sort with LOOT? Are you otherwise editing it while running LOOT? If not, another oddity in your log that I've noticed is that the local path for FO4 seems to be set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data, but the game path is set to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\. Do you happen to have 2 instances of FO4 installed at these locations? If not, have you manually set your game path & local path? If so, please try removing those values & letting LOOT set them automatically. You can delete your settings.toml file to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want want to submit meta data for my mods' plugins so my mod users can use them. 

How do I do that? Do I just take the data that was copied from clicking "Copy Metadata", paste it all into a list, and upload it here?

5 hours ago, Redshiftja said:

I just want want to submit meta data for my mods' plugins so my mod users can use them. 

How do I do that? Do I just take the data that was copied from clicking "Copy Metadata", paste it all into a list, and upload it here?

The masterlists are all hosted in GitHub repos (e.g., here's the SSE one), so you can make a pull request to the appropriate repo depending on the game your mod is for. We have an article about contributing if you're not super familiar with GitHub, & the masterlist syntax is well-documented as well. We can review & merge your changes much more quickly if you submit them through a pull request. However, if you're unable to contribute this way or would still like to submit your metadata while you learn about contributing, feel free to let us know what metadata you'd like to add to what plugins. Please make sure to link to the concerned plugins so that we can verify the metadata & access the plugins easily in the future.

New version 0.17 out today.

0.17.0 - 2021-12-19

Added

• Support for multiple registry keys per game.

• Support for registry keys in the 64-bit registry view.

• Steam and GOG registry keys for all supported games on each platform.

• Support for the masterlist prelude, a metadata file that is used to supply common metadata to all masterlists.

• The ability to filter plugins by their group.

• The detail message string is now appended when generating requirement and incompatibility messages.

• A Ukrainian translation by IllusiveMan196.

Fixed

• LOOT will only attempt to start for the preferred game if it is installed, and will otherwise fall back to the first listed installed game.

• Autocomplete error translations were unused.

• Some groups editor text was untranslatable.

Changed

• The groups editor now has a “drawing mode” toggle button. Edges can only be added in drawing mode, and nodes can only be moved around outside of drawing mode.

• The Skyrim VR and Fallout VR games now use new skyrimvr and falloutvr masterlist repositories. The new repositories are independent from the skyrimse and fallout4 repositories that were previously used.

• LOOT’s installer now downloads the latest MSVC 2015/2017/2019 redistributable if it is not already installed, or if it is older than 14.15.26706.

• Sorting now checks for cycles before adding overlap edges, so that any cycles are caught before the slowest steps in the sorting process. Via libloot.

• Masterlist update no longer supports rolling back through revisions until a revision that can be successfully loaded is found. Via libloot.

• Updated libloot to v0.17.1.

• Updated nlohmann/json to v0.17.0.

• Updated spdlog to v1.9.2.

• Updated JS package dependencies.

• Updated to Inno Setup v6.2.0.

• Updated the German translation.

• Updated the Italian translation.

• Updated the Korean translation.

• Updated the Bulgarian translation.

• Updated the Russian translation.

• Updated the Spanish translation.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to the wonderful LOOT team!  :beer:

I have a big load order - but a pretty fast PC too. Yet my Left Pane takes a long time to load down the list to the bottom and sometimes just stalls.

Have you any tips, please on how I can either speed it up or get it to load fully?  (It's not on C drive and is excepted in the Antivirus, etc. Run through MO2.)

Would your "Blank Window" FAQ tip work for this?

Thanks!

LOOT left pane.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 12:14 PM, Bluegunk said:

Happy New Year to the wonderful LOOT team!  :beer:

I have a big load order - but a pretty fast PC too. Yet my Left Pane takes a long time to load down the list to the bottom and sometimes just stalls.

Have you any tips, please on how I can either speed it up or get it to load fully?  (It's not on C drive and is excepted in the Antivirus, etc. Run through MO2.)

Thanks!

LOOT left pane.jpg

We don't support running LOOT through MO2, so there's not much we can do unless you test with LOOT outside of MO2 (I imagine there's an MO2 plugin that copies your setup to your data folder; I recall there being one for OpenMW). However, if you don't want to do that, please try providing a debug log in case it's something simple or obvious. How many plugins do you actually have? I've had decent sized setups (a couple hundred plugins) & never experienced this. Does it fully load eventually?

On 12/31/2021 at 12:14 PM, Bluegunk said:

I don't know. That tip is for when the entire GUI is a blank white screen, but maybe the issues are related. You might as well try.

2 hours ago, sibir said:

We don't support running LOOT through MO2, so there's not much we can do unless you test with LOOT outside of MO2 (I imagine there's an MO2 plugin that copies your setup to your data folder; I recall there being one for OpenMW). However, if you don't want to do that, please try providing a debug log in case it's something simple or obvious. How many plugins do you actually have? I've had decent sized setups (a couple hundred plugins) & never experienced this. Does it fully load eventually?

I don't know. That tip is for when the entire GUI is a blank white screen, but maybe the issues are related. You might as well try.

Many thanks for your help!  I don't really want to dump everything into Data nor transfer to Vortex.  

The screen usually loads over time but will stop until I scroll slowly down. I have had it hand completely.

Next time it happens I'll see if the log has anything useful and I'll bring that over for you to look at.

On 1/2/2022 at 4:26 AM, Bluegunk said:

Many thanks for your help!  I don't really want to dump everything into Data nor transfer to Vortex.  

The screen usually loads over time but will stop until I scroll slowly down. I have had it hand completely.

Next time it happens I'll see if the log has anything useful and I'll bring that over for you to look at.

Ortham is actually working on a new Qt-based GUI that includes startup optimizations. It's pretty much done; they're just adding slight tweaks & refactoring code. You can try out a snapshot build to see if it works better for you. I'm testing it with 533 plugins in SSE through MO2 & it starts up in 4 seconds (down from 14 seconds with the old GUI) without any issues loading either the left or right panes.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:43 AM, sibir said:

Ortham is actually working on a new Qt-based GUI that includes startup optimizations. It's pretty much done; they're just adding slight tweaks & refactoring code. You can try out a snapshot build to see if it works better for you. I'm testing it with 533 plugins in SSE through MO2 & it starts up in 4 seconds (down from 14 seconds with the old GUI) without any issues loading either the left or right panes.

Thank you for letting me know! I may give this a go (it's very late evening at the moment so I won't do it now!).

I strongly disagree with the latest LOOT message that 'Spell Research - Patch Compendium' is obsolete and that I should upgrade to 'Spell Research Patch Compendium Redux'.  I am quite happy with the former and will continue using it, and will ignore the LOOT messages to the contrary.  Redux has features that I dislike, including the transformation of spell tomes to books that give archetypes.  I use mods and/or manually delete the spell tomes entirely.  I do not want archetypes.  Please do not dictate what type of mod I should use.  'Spell Research - Patch Compendium' works just fine.  If there is no flaw or error in the mod (and there isn't), individuals should be free to make their own decision about preferred mod.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:25 AM, aristotle99 said:

I strongly disagree with the latest LOOT message that 'Spell Research - Patch Compendium' is obsolete and that I should upgrade to 'Spell Research Patch Compendium Redux'.  I am quite happy with the former and will continue using it, and will ignore the LOOT messages to the contrary.  Redux has features that I dislike, including the transformation of spell tomes to books that give archetypes.  I use mods and/or manually delete the spell tomes entirely.  I do not want archetypes.  Please do not dictate what type of mod I should use.  'Spell Research - Patch Compendium' works just fine.  If there is no flaw or error in the mod (and there isn't), individuals should be free to make their own decision about preferred mod.

Users are already free to make their own decisions & ignore LOOT's messages at their discretion. LOOT's messages are not enforced in any way aside from error messages preventing the completion of LOOT's auto-sort feature, but, even in that case, you are still free to sort your load order within LOOT's interface & ignore those messages. Seeing as the author of SRPC pinned a post promoting SRPCR in its posts, SRPCR includes patches for more mods, & the message is just a warning (so are cleaning reports, & people ignore those sometimes), I think it makes sense to keep the message as-is. I do, however, think it also makes sense to still hide the Spell Research patch messages for mods that are already covered by SRPC, so that can be restored at some point.

Long time listener, first time caller.

- name: 'LostOldiesRadio.esp'
    dirty:
      - <<: *quickClean
        crc: 0x4117D51E
        util: '[FO4Edit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737)'
        itm: 1
    clean:
      - crc: 0x8B1CF1A6
        util: 'FO4Edit v4.0.4'

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57110

2 hours ago, testtubegramps said:

Long time listener, first time caller.

- name: 'LostOldiesRadio.esp'
    dirty:
      - <<: *quickClean
        crc: 0x4117D51E
        util: '[FO4Edit v4.0.4](https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737)'
        itm: 1
    clean:
      - crc: 0x8B1CF1A6
        util: 'FO4Edit v4.0.4'

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57110

Thanks for the report! It was added in this pull request.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 54 messages from LOOT, saying that JK's Interiors Patch Collection needs to be updated.  I just updated it to the latest version 5.4.1.  I'm still getting 54 messages that I need to update to the latest version.

2 minutes ago, aristotle99 said:

I just got 54 messages from LOOT, saying that JK's Interiors Patch Collection needs to be updated.  I just updated it to the latest version 5.4.1.  I'm still getting 54 messages that I need to update to the latest version.

Most of the new messages read:

It is recommended that you check the following compatibility patch compilation for this mod: JK's Interiors Patch Collection

& a few others read:

It is recommended that you check the following compatibility patch compilation for this mod: JK's Guild HQ Interiors Patch Collection

They're not saying to update anything, they're just recommending that you check those pages to see if there are any patches available for the JK's Interiors mods & any other mods you're using. Considering that there are hundreds of patches & many different combinations of patches, individual, conditional patch messages for each scenario would be unreasonable to implement & maintain. We therefore opted to add persistent notes so users are at least made aware of the existence of these pages if they weren't already. If you find the number of messages to be excessive, you can filter out notes using LOOT's filters while you're not reading them. LOOT may also eventually have the ability to filter out individual messages.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:40 PM, sibir said:

Most of the new messages read:

& a few others read:

They're not saying to update anything, they're just recommending that you check those pages to see if there are any patches available for the JK's Interiors mods & any other mods you're using. Considering that there are hundreds of patches & many different combinations of patches, individual, conditional patch messages for each scenario would be unreasonable to implement & maintain. We therefore opted to add persistent notes so users are at least made aware of the existence of these pages if they weren't already. If you find the number of messages to be excessive, you can filter out notes using LOOT's filters while you're not reading them. LOOT may also eventually have the ability to filter out individual messages.

While aristotle99 may have been a bit off in their assessment, I agree with the sentiment.  My modest number of manageable 'notes' has suddenly jumped to 58.  Given the odds are more likely than not, that users will have most / all of the mods in this series, I feel flipping the switch on a note for every single one was a bit premature.  LOOT has now become the boy that cried wolf, regarding notes.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

RSSE Children Overhaul 1.1.3 with hotfix 1 - Loot message for "RSkyrimChildren.esm" recommends installing the "Beyond Skyrim - Bruma" patch, this patch in the current build of Bruma causes the game to load endlessly and perhaps should be removed

Cheers,

Fire&Cake

5 hours ago, FireandCake said:

Hi,

RSSE Children Overhaul 1.1.3 with hotfix 1 - Loot message for "RSkyrimChildren.esm" recommends installing the "Beyond Skyrim - Bruma" patch, this patch in the current build of Bruma causes the game to load endlessly and perhaps should be removed

Cheers,

Fire&Cake

Thanks for the report! I've temporarily removed the message & added a message warning about the outdated patch if used with BS - Bruma v1.5.3 or v1.5.4.