[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Please remove warning for QUASIPC Unified Patch Compendium (Skyrim Special Edition), most of the patches are outdated.

15 hours ago, Katarsi said:

Please remove warning for QUASIPC Unified Patch Compendium (Skyrim Special Edition), most of the patches are outdated.

Some of the patches are still fine.

There's an issue open for removing patches that no longer work.

If you know of a specific patch that should be removed then add it here https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/issues/1049

On 4/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, Kaos Theory said:

I recently decided to try and get back into Fallout 4, I finally got round to updating all mods and then came the point to run LOOT, here's what it greeted me with

image.png.c7c62a03f314817fb20a6f1459d8ff5c.png

In the image above I have disabled Horizon and all of it's plugins but LOOT still insists that there is an error, so I checked the Groups Editor just to check and I saw what you can see below, is this the default groups added into the masterlist, I never remembered it having all of these additions before so I'm curious if they are meant to be there and if so how can I edit them to make LOOT work in my favor. Thanks

I would appreciate any help you can offer in to getting me through this.

Also note to ignore the 13 errors they are simply listing the plugins I disabled to test if LOOT would work that way, the Cyclic message you see is the same whether mods are enabled or not.

image.png.bf38e730050a30b55ff2f768ea65bca2.png

Since most Horizon users seem to want to place it after Alt Start.

And Scrap Everything and Lighting mods don't revert anything in the Alt Start mods.

I think the best thing would be to move the alt start plugins back before Scrap everything.

I'd be interested to know what you are adding to the Pre Alt Start group.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help. I am getting a cyclic interaction error between "Open Cities Skyrim.esp" and "Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp":

Cyclic interaction detected between "Open Cities Skyrim.esp" and "Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp":

Open Cities Skyrim.esp
 [Master]
Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
RLO - Interiors.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Can anyone help me out?

On 4/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Alastair_S1D said:

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help. I am getting a cyclic interaction error between "Open Cities Skyrim.esp" and "Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp":

Cyclic interaction detected between "Open Cities Skyrim.esp" and "Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp":

Open Cities Skyrim.esp
 [Master]
Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
RLO - Interiors.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Can anyone help me out?

@Alastair_S1D Thanks for reporting it, It should be fixed now in https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/pull/1116, update your masterlist.

Lately I've been getting a lot of complaints about interactions between Touring Carriages and Immersive Citizens (and others). I've tracked part of it down to LOOT sorting both IC and its IC-TC patch *after* TC. Looks to me like it should be IC then TC then IC-TC sandwich.

Also, once upon a time TC and CRF were in some early loading group, but now are in Default. Seems to me that IC and TC and CRF should always load fairly early.

I asked them to move CRF into a more flexible later loading group due to unnecessary overwrites from things like GDO and RDO that were breaking elements of CRF and causing people to think they needed a dozen patches when simple load order sufficed to fix the problems.

Not sure why they would have reassigned TC though since it was never mentioned.

11 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

Lately I've been getting a lot of complaints about interactions between Touring Carriages and Immersive Citizens (and others). I've tracked part of it down to LOOT sorting both IC and its IC-TC patch *after* TC. Looks to me like it should be IC then TC then IC-TC sandwitch.

Also, once upon a time TC and CRF were in some early loading group, but now are in Default. Seems to me that IC and TC and CRF should always load fairly early.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed5b6a549a6df62b20191f7c43f245d5.png

image.thumb.png.942a6e63b3239c1c23b638821f3d25d4.png

That's the only conflict with the patch Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp.

The after for TC can be removed from ICAIO, it would still sort after due to the group though.

There could be some other mod loading after TC causing the issue.

It could also be a mod set to load after Immersive Citizens.

A few landscape mods do conflict with TC, such as Landscape Fixes, though TC is set to load after that mod.

image.thumb.png.5776f3887d39ee15f9474673ab1c552d.png

There's also a few  dialogue & follower manager mods that could be conflicting with TC.

I'll have a look at the one's that do sort after ICAIO & Alt Start.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I asked them to move CRF into a more flexible later loading group due to unnecessary overwrites from things like GDO and RDO that were breaking elements of CRF and causing people to think they needed a dozen patches when simple load order sufficed to fix the problems.

Not sure why they would have reassigned TC though since it was never mentioned.

Yeah both were moved up to the default group along with a lot of other plugins. Most mods that were placed in an early group were put there if they needed to be before CRF or had an interchangable order with CRF. CRF alone couldn't be moved up without causing sorting errors for other plugins.

14 hours ago, cptmcsplody said:

The after for TC can be removed from ICAIO, it would still sort after due to the group though.

Understood. Might as well leave as-is then. Looking at the code for ICAIO-TC, it seems to me that was originally written with the sandwich ICAIO -> TC -> ICAIO-TC in mind. I kept telling folks, "sort with LOOT", as that used to fix things in the past.

With the current organization, it needs to be re-written for TC -> ICAIO -> TC+ICAIO sandwich. I'll do it, or prompt him to do it....

14 hours ago, cptmcsplody said:

Yeah both were moved up to the default group along with a lot of other plugins. Most mods that were placed in an early group were put there if they needed to be before CRF or had an interchangable order with CRF. CRF alone couldn't be moved up without causing sorting errors for other plugins.

OK. From the TC perspective, the only thing it cares about is that CRF loads after TC. Long ago, Arthmoor and I'd worked out various navmesh, where I'd fixed some missing preferred paths, and CRF did alternative fixes with expanded settlements. CRF must go after TC for new doors. (Since I'm always using CRF myself, that combination is well tested.)

So the upshot is leave LOOT as-is, and we'll work with knowledge of the new organization going forward. Thanks for the explanations!

Hi!

I'm having a bit of trouble about a mod: Storms & Sounds.

BOSS has always used it, and there was nothing wrong about it. But since I've been using LOOT, it says this (image below):

I don't understand it: I'm using the Shivering Isles and OBSE Versions: OBSE-Storms & Sound SI.esp.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!

Storms.png

1 hour ago, Dom Rafael said:

Hi!

I'm having a bit of trouble about a mod: Storms & Sounds.

BOSS has always used it, and there was nothing wrong about it. But since I've been using LOOT, it says this (image below):

I don't understand it: I'm using the Shivering Isles and OBSE Versions: OBSE-Storms & Sound SI.esp.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!

Storms.png

@Dom Rafael It's not taking renaming the plugin into account, so it still thinks you're using the non SI version.

Thanks for reporting it, I'll update that when I have time, I've opened an issue fot it here.

I'm getting this warning:

"OCW_Obscure's_CollegeofWinterhold.esp

You seem to be using Winterhold Restored, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is included with this plugin's installer."

However, the Obscure's College of Winterhold mod has TWO different mutually exclusive patches, both for Winterhold Restored, but the one I'm using also patches JK's Skyrim.  The warning seems unnecessary.

43 minutes ago, Sorbe1 said:

I'm getting this warning:

"OCW_Obscure's_CollegeofWinterhold.esp

You seem to be using Winterhold Restored, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is included with this plugin's installer."

However, the Obscure's College of Winterhold mod has TWO different mutually exclusive patches, both for Winterhold Restored, but the one I'm using also patches JK's Skyrim.  The warning seems unnecessary.

It's not a warning, warning messages are amber coloured. It's listed in this issue for OCW updates https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/issues/992, no one has gotten around to updating it yet.

16 hours ago, cptmcsplody said:

@Dom Rafael It's not taking renaming the plugin into account, so it still thinks you're using the non SI version.

Thanks for reporting it, I'll update that when I have time, I've opened an issue fot it here.

WOW!

Thank you very much for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:51 AM, DayDreamer said:

Looking at the code for ICAIO-TC, it seems to me that was originally written with the sandwich ICAIO -> TC -> ICAIO-TC in mind.

CptMcSplody recently explained (elsewhere) how to set ICAIO to default group, so that this sandwich would happen. I'm not sure it matters. I'd been looking at the ICAIO-TC patch conflicts on its own, without checking how ICAIO itself is internally structured.

What we are experiencing is similar to graphics Z-fighting. Load order isn't helping, other than incidentally.

ICAIO is a set of massive Quests, mainly organized by city. Every actor is an alias in these quests. That's how it runs the superceding packages for "immersion". No matter where it loads, these individual quests spontaneuously run a package on the actor from time to time.

The problem is that there are other quests with these same actors and often the same or similar packages. Sometimes a vanilla quest with an actor gets going, but then the ICAIO package executes an override that interrupts the vanilla quest. Sometimes this override is a package from the vanilla quest that has already run. Sometimes the package creates conditions that were never envisioned in the vanilla quest/scene.

Simultaneous parallel execution without any semblance of threading or dispatch signalling.

The author has turned off his nexus forum page for a couple of years now, and doesn't answer direct messages. His permissions don't allow bug fixes.

Although fairly popular, my guess is the best alternative is to flag this as dangerous, as it damages every other quest/scene with the same actors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, cptmcsplody said:

That's the only conflict with the patch Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:51 AM, DayDreamer said:

With the current organization, it needs to be re-written for TC -> ICAIO -> TC+ICAIO sandwich. I'll do it, or prompt him to do it....

I've done it, although Nexus no longer allows '+' so I've used '-'. And asked for an update to the LOOT master list over on Github. Unfortunately, that updated master list isn't working for some folks.

To explain: the current updated master list has only TC-ICAIO "After Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp" (ICAIO-TC in my notation). That works If and Only If (IFF in mathematical terms) the user installed TC, then installed ICAIO, then installed TC-ICAIO.  The LOOT result is the 4-way sandwich TC, ICAIO, ICAIO-TC, TC-ICAIO (wiping out the bad ICAIO-TC changes). So far so good.

ICAIO has a conditional installation package check and only installs ICAIO-TC when it detects TC has already been installed. So any other installation order doesn't install and sort correctly. Many users installed ICAIO, then install TC later.

TC-ICAIO has been specifically written without ICAIO as a master (to avoid the Permissions prohibition on modification) and is in default group, so LOOT (Vortex?) can sometimes install it before ICAIO. That won't work.

Could TC-ICAIO please have 3 after conditions (as I'd attempted to request over on Github)?

After TouringCarriages.esp. After ICAIO. And (as currently is) After ICAIO-TC.

Edited by DayDreamer
not a LOOT problem?

11 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

I've done it, although Nexus no longer allows '+' so I've used '-'. And asked for an update to the LOOT master list over on Github. Unfortunately, that updated master list isn't working for some folks.

To explain: the current updated master list has only TC-ICAIO "After Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp" (ICAIO-TC in my notation). That works If and Only If (IFF in mathematical terms) the user installed TC, then installed ICAIO, then installed TC-ICAIO.  The LOOT result is the 4-way sandwich TC, ICAIO, ICAIO-TC, TC-ICAIO (wiping out the bad ICAIO-TC changes). So far so good.

ICAIO has a conditional installation package check and only installs ICAIO-TC when it detects TC has already been installed. So any other installation order doesn't install and sort correctly. Many users installed ICAIO, then install TC later.

TC-ICAIO has been specifically written without ICAIO as a master (to avoid the Permissions prohibition on modification) and is in default group, so LOOT can sometimes install it before ICAIO. That won't work.

Could TC-ICAIO please have 3 after conditions (as I'd attempted to request over on Github)?

After TouringCarriages.esp. After ICAIO. And (as currently is) After ICAIO-TC.

The masterlist already covers these with requirements.

- name: 'TouringCarriages-ICAIO.esp'
    url: [ 'https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15948/' ]
    after: [ 'Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp' ]
    req:
      - 'Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp'
      - 'TouringCarriages.esp'

`req:` key entries are used in cases where master files are missing or left out. It has the same effect as an after, plus it shows an error if the file is missing.

So the above rules will place the patch after all 3 plugins, if they sort after installing.

And that's also assuming they're using the latest masterlist version.

Of course there's nothing to stop anyone installing the files in the incorrect order, and then not sorting with LOOT.

Or manually moving the files if they think they know better.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, cptmcsplody said:

The masterlist already covers these with requirements.

`req:` key entries are used in cases where master files are missing or left out. It has the same effect as an after, plus it shows an error if the file is missing.

So the above rules will place the patch after all 3 plugins, if they sort after installing.

And that's also assuming they're using the latest masterlist version.

Excellent, thanks. I didn't know req worked as after. I'll have to keep reminding folks to update their master list. The Description already tells them to sort with LOOT, but using Vortex they don't see the master list update reminder as it runs automatically. (There's a separate UI element.) I'm fairly sure they don't see the LOOT warnings either.

17 hours ago, itgfreak said:

when i try to install i get error "Download Failed: the system cannot find the file specified" 

It's probably failing to download the MSVC redistributable, if you install it manually (e.g. from here) then the installer won't try to download it. I just ran the installer and it downloaded the redist fine, so if it is the redist, it's not a server issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

New to this forum but long time mod user of Bethesda games. I have encountered a Cyclic interaction in Loot with the downloaded rules. I cannot clear out the meta data as it is downloaded from loot prime rules.

Cyclic interaction detected between "icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp" and "maplightfix.esp":

icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]
maplightfix.esp
 [Master]
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp

Unless I want to dig into the text file and update manually every time this gets updated it seemed reporting here was the better option. :)

Love the work done on these tools as work months to create a good mod set and then play for many months after. Your efforts are greatly appreciated is supporting these games in your spare time! Thank You!! Piss on the trolls! Your time spent in this hobby spreads positive disconnect with reality time.  

Loot Screen Shot.png

On 6/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, ChristopherC71 said:

Hello,

New to this forum but long time mod user of Bethesda games. I have encountered a Cyclic interaction in Loot with the downloaded rules. I cannot clear out the meta data as it is downloaded from loot prime rules.

Unless I want to dig into the text file and update manually every time this gets updated it seemed reporting here was the better option. :)

Love the work done on these tools as work months to create a good mod set and then play for many months after. Your efforts are greatly appreciated is supporting these games in your spare time! Thank You!! Piss on the trolls! Your time spent in this hobby spreads positive disconnect with reality time.  

Loot Screen Shot.png

There is a rule to load that file after A Quality Worldmap as it's a patch for Luminosity.

I'm not sure why the patch is set as a master for the file it's patching.

You're using the file from here? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30162/

Hello,

Yes, that is the correct MOD. I expect I made a bad xedit and just to double check I re-downloaded both mods and it works. So my guess is "user error" :wallbash:

Such is the game of Modding. Trial, error, and figure it out. All good now sorry...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Toska said:

so everytime i try to download loot it gives me an error code along the lines of failed - forbidden or failed - file incomplete and i have no idea how to fix this

to clarify its the loot installer exe not the redist thing