[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Someone please help.  I'm having a lot of load order issues with Fallout 4 and it's causing a lot of repeated crashes in my game.  I've run LOOT multiple times, I use NMM and I have several non-Nexus downloaded mods.  LOOT isn't sorting any of it properly.  It has intermingled .ESLs and .ESMs and even places Armorsmith Extended in the big fat middle of the load order.  I'll include my plugins.txt as an attachment.  The only things not shown in the file are the list of creation club mods.  If anyone can give some input on this it would be appreciated.

plugins.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm having a problem with LOOT/Vortex and I was told to contact the team about it. Basically this new nice weather mod came out 2 days ago called Kyne's Weather. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28920?tab=description

Vortex will not let me load True Storms after Obsidian Weathers like the author suggests in the description without creating a cyclic rule. When I looked at the 'master list' rules I noticed it is set as a rule that Obsidian Weathers.esp has to load after True StormsSE.esp and there is no way I can think to change it and I think that's why I'm getting a cyclic rule. Here's a screenshot of what I mean yfu4MPX.png

Is there anyone who can help with this? 

This is what I was told when asking on nexus: "Then it sounds like the master rule needs to revised. Alert the LOOT team of the need to have it changed if this mod is used."

Edited by Marm
Better screenshot

Once more, some SSE players are facing the infamous main menu infinite loading screen. This time, it seems to be caused by LOOT. Here's a statement written by one of the USSEP creators/supporters. I'd like to confirm that.

Sem título.png

That statement is based on my own analysis of their .esm file and finding that it has no conflicts with the USSEP. There should never have been a reason for it to load ahead of us.

I can't comment on whether or not that solves the infinite loading screen from the Aventus Aretino AI package though.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:18 AM, SpunkyWhiteDog said:

Once more, some SSE players are facing the infamous main menu infinite loading screen. This time, it seems to be caused by LOOT. Here's a statement written by one of the USSEP creators/supporters. I'd like to confirm that.

image.thumb.png.7f30119d0fb6dd59b3ba9b51abb95540.png

On 9/24/2019 at 5:11 AM, Arthmoor said:

That statement is based on my own analysis of their .esm file and finding that it has no conflicts with the USSEP. There should never have been a reason for it to load ahead of us.

I can't comment on whether or not that solves the infinite loading screen from the Aventus Aretino AI package though.

It's that way due to their patches, the master order has ` RSkyrimChildren.esm ` before `Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp`.

And it has been that way for over a year.

https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/commit/1042e0d0fe78313f4baf49991af66396dbbb8fbf

When was the first case of infinite loading screen from using USSEP and RS Children Overhaul together discovered?

On 9/23/2019 at 1:26 AM, Marm said:

Hello I'm having a problem with LOOT/Vortex and I was told to contact the team about it. Basically this new nice weather mod came out 2 days ago called Kyne's Weather. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28920?tab=description

Vortex will not let me load True Storms after Obsidian Weathers like the author suggests in the description without creating a cyclic rule. When I looked at the 'master list' rules I noticed it is set as a rule that Obsidian Weathers.esp has to load after True StormsSE.esp and there is no way I can think to change it and I think that's why I'm getting a cyclic rule. Here's a screenshot of what I mean yfu4MPX.png

Is there anyone who can help with this? 

This is what I was told when asking on nexus: "Then it sounds like the master rule needs to revised. Alert the LOOT team of the need to have it changed if this mod is used."

Yeah, I'll have a look at handling those setups.

FYI Obsidian Weathers loads after True Storms, because that's the recommended order.

image.thumb.png.43585ebcd69e33b1f593ab877ffd5677.png

It also matches up with the recommended order for Audio Overhaul, Obsidian Weathers & True Storms.

image.thumb.png.add01873e8ab421f99dfcb393a786778.png

2 hours ago, cptmcsplody said:

image.thumb.png.7f30119d0fb6dd59b3ba9b51abb95540.png

It's that way due to their patches, the master order has ` RSkyrimChildren.esm ` before `Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp`.

And it has been that way for over a year.

https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/commit/1042e0d0fe78313f4baf49991af66396dbbb8fbf

When was the first case of infinite loading screen from using USSEP and RS Children Overhaul together discovered?

Problem solved, gentlemen. Anyway, thank you for your attention.

Sem título.png

2 hours ago, SpunkyWhiteDog said:

Problem solved, gentlemen. Anyway, thank you for your attention.

Sem título.png

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying the problem, it's corrected now.

People could have still had issues anyway, as `RSC_USSEP_AventusFix.esp` is missing a master,

so a requires needed to be added to the masterlist for LOOT to sort it correctly.

image.thumb.png.713747947cfe4f43ebb490b57f70dfa7.png

Regarding the RS Children thing. The reports of the load order issue are pretty recent. Maybe a week or so? Well after the Aventus Aretino package issue that we thought had been resolved for that mod in particular.

Something must have changed on their end because we haven't done anything on ours and apparently switching the order of the two master level files is resolving whatever is wrong. I doubt it's the package issue because that shouldn't fix that on its own since the package issue with Aretino is in their .esp file.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Regarding the RS Children thing. The reports of the load order issue are pretty recent. Maybe a week or so? Well after the Aventus Aretino package issue that we thought had been resolved for that mod in particular.

Something must have changed on their end because we haven't done anything on ours and apparently switching the order of the two master level files is resolving whatever is wrong. I doubt it's the package issue because that shouldn't fix that on its own since the package issue with Aretino is in their .esp file.

It's strange because you can get to the main menu with the unresolved reference if RSkyrimChildren.esm is after Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp.

If you remove the unresolved package it will load the main menu with either order. I'm not sure what the engine is doing that it allows an unresolved reference in one way and not the other.

I don't know either. There haven't been any Steam updates since 1.5.80 landed in June so this isn't due to a stealth update.

LOOT v0.14.6 released!

This adds support for Morrowind, a theme dropdown in the settings dialog, and more flexible language handling (languages can specify preferred fonts, and the list of supported languages is no longer hardcoded), as well as a few bug fixes.

12 minutes ago, WrinklyNinja said:

LOOT v0.14.6 released!

This adds support for Morrowind, a theme dropdown in the settings dialog, and more flexible language handling (languages can specify preferred fonts, and the list of supported languages is no longer hardcoded), as well as a few bug fixes.

I launched LOOT just now and I got the message that an update is available here: https://github.com/loot/loot/releases/tag/0.14.6
So I downloaded it, and when I executed, my computer (and Avast) reported that it might contain a virus, so of course it didn't run at all.
My current version is 0.14.5.

What's going on? LOOT never behaved like this before.

5 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

I launched LOOT just now and I got the message that an update is available here: https://github.com/loot/loot/releases/tag/0.14.6
So I downloaded it, and when I executed, my computer (and Avast) reported that it might contain a virus, so of course it didn't run at all.
My current version is 0.14.5.

What's going on? LOOT never behaved like this before.

Every release trips several antivirus products' heuristics at first (something to do with the masterlist update code I think), if you can figure out how to report it as a false positive then doing that will stop those reports happening.

40 minutes ago, WrinklyNinja said:

Every release trips several antivirus products' heuristics at first (something to do with the masterlist update code I think), if you can figure out how to report it as a false positive then doing that will stop those reports happening.

I don't know how to report it as false positive. As I said, this never happened with previous installations of LOOT.

I selected "I trust this file" in my antivirus, and what happened next is shown in the image. No matter what, it just won't run.

Screenshot (86).png

• 2 weeks later...

Great program that I depend on for load order. 

Had FO4 running smoothly and Loot was happy too.  Then I fallowed these steps to let GeForce Experience find f4se and run the game for streaming to devices. 

1) Go to your Fallout 4 folder, which most likely is -"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout4\"

2) Rename the Fallout4.exe to Fallout4_.exe  

3) Rename f4se_loader.exe to Fallout4.exe 

4) Go to \data\f4se\ - if the f4se folder doesn't exist, create it. 

5) Make a file called f4se.ini and write this in it 

[Loader] 

RuntimeName=F4.exe 

6) Save file 

7) Start Fallout 4 via steam and hit Play 

Now Loot says: 

You have installed a F4SE Plugin but F4SE was not found! See F4SE download page: F4SE. 

You have installed Achievements but F4SE was not found! See F4SE download page: F4SE. 

And 

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp 

2.0.6b  

Delev, Invent, Names 

Requires Fallout 4 patch 1.10.130 or greater. 

In game the settings screen shows: v(F4SE 0.6.17 rel 20) 1.10.138 

So, should Loot recognize this installation or is there a better way to let other programs automatically recognize and run Fallout 4 SE? 

1 hour ago, Surfer11May said:

Great program that I depend on for load order. 

Had FO4 running smoothly and Loot was happy too.  Then I fallowed these steps to let GeForce Experience find f4se and run the game for streaming to devices. 

1) Go to your Fallout 4 folder, which most likely is -"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout4\"

2) Rename the Fallout4.exe to Fallout4_.exe  

3) Rename f4se_loader.exe to Fallout4.exe 

4) Go to \data\f4se\ - if the f4se folder doesn't exist, create it. 

5) Make a file called f4se.ini and write this in it 

[Loader] 

RuntimeName=F4.exe 

6) Save file 

7) Start Fallout 4 via steam and hit Play 

Now Loot says: 

You have installed a F4SE Plugin but F4SE was not found! See F4SE download page: F4SE. 

You have installed Achievements but F4SE was not found! See F4SE download page: F4SE. 

And 

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp 

2.0.6b  

Delev, Invent, Names 

Requires Fallout 4 patch 1.10.130 or greater. 

In game the settings screen shows: v(F4SE 0.6.17 rel 20) 1.10.138 

So, should Loot recognize this installation or is there a better way to let other programs automatically recognize and run Fallout 4 SE? 

There's no way to tell LOOT that you've renamed f4se_loader.exe and Fallout4.exe, and it can't tell what you've renamed them to, so all you can do is bear that in mind and ignore any related warnings/errors that LOOT shows you.

Hmm. This is an odd one. Updated to the latest version recently and all was fine until out of the blue I suddenly got this message in the LOOT window and it simply wouldn't start up anymore: 

"Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information."

debug log reports this:

[18:50:19.237261] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[18:50:20.287894] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -3; object not found - no match for id (13019d55e91f7c03f8e36b45cc9ebdfe075a85dc): libgit2 error
[18:50:20.288394] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 5757: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
    at onFailure (http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js:5757:9194)

Anyway tried uninstalling LOOT, reinstalling - still the same. Following some advice I found on an old github bug report page that reported the same message I deleted the LOOT folder from %AppData%\Local\LOOT and hey presto, that got it working again. Except of course all my custom rules are now gone. 

Following a hunch I copied over Userlist.yaml from the old LOOT folder to the new shiny one and phew, all my rules are back and its still working so far, touch wood. So um, yes, not sure what happened there but just glad its back. :coffee:

16 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Hmm. This is an odd one. Updated to the latest version recently and all was fine until out of the blue I suddenly got this message in the LOOT window and it simply wouldn't start up anymore: 

"Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information."

debug log reports this:

[18:50:19.237261] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[18:50:20.287894] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -3; object not found - no match for id (13019d55e91f7c03f8e36b45cc9ebdfe075a85dc): libgit2 error
[18:50:20.288394] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 5757: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
    at onFailure (http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js:5757:9194)

Anyway tried uninstalling LOOT, reinstalling - still the same. Following some advice I found on an old github bug report page that reported the same message I deleted the LOOT folder from %AppData%\Local\LOOT and hey presto, that got it working again. Except of course all my custom rules are now gone. 

Following a hunch I copied over Userlist.yaml from the old LOOT folder to the new shiny one and phew, all my rules are back and its still working so far, touch wood. So um, yes, not sure what happened there but just glad its back. :coffee:

What game was this for? I've seen a few of these 'object not found' errors recently, no idea why they're happening.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:26 PM, WrinklyNinja said:

What game was this for? I've seen a few of these 'object not found' errors recently, no idea why they're happening.

Skyrim SE

On 9/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, WrinklyNinja said:

LOOT v0.14.6 released!

Oh, LOOT for Morrowind!!! :dancing:

Fantastic news.  Thanks, WrinklyNinja. :horkercookie:

@KatarsiI once used Avast and after another update I got for Avast it started to act kind of strange, so after a while I uninstalled Avast and now I use Panda Dome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I've been having some problems with the LOOT tool... I'm not complaining I just want to report what I had experienced, and try to find out any help

I use Mod Organizer ("one") have at least 200 plugins active at the same time I have 16 GB of RAM and a GTX 750 Ti and a core i7 kind of old (idk if this could help)...

when I use LOOT it tends to fail (crash) most of the times after it tries to detect the last updated masterlist (while using the "order plugins") but when it starts it doesn't stops easily, and the next times when it happens can happen at the start of the program (LOOT)

I can spend up to 40 mins trying to make it work until it just works...
Something that I had detected is that I can improve the posibility that it works while playing a video (I tried that using youtube) so, I suspect is something that needs to activate the same process

also I had noticed that at the task manager for a brief secs appears a 4th task related to LOOT but just for a few secs, when this didn't presents it's when it becomes more possible that the program crash

My RAM and CPU usage keeps under the 30% & 10% usage respectively while LOOT is working... that's why it's weird that the program crashes.

I just want to know if someone knows anything about it or maybe even a posible solution to this (something I could do).
I' m using the current version of LOOT and this happens since 7 months ago, maybe a little more (I use LOOT since 2 years ago)

LOOT.png