[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

If you guys want someone who is willing to test a masterlist for Morrowind then I volonteer to test it since I now have both the retail and the Steam version of Morrowind installed at the same time. :)

I think what death_souls aka VM on TAL said here is interesting about LOOT.

Another thing that might be useful to know is about what mod user tool is the best tool to determine a conflict between two or more mods in a loadorder and that's TESPCD.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, pStyl3 said:

Support for "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind"

Let's discuss potential future support for Morrowind on GitHub.

I've read a little and I want to help, but without using LOOT with Morrowind support, shown here, there isn't much I can do.  So where can I download it?

I also have Morrowind for both Steam (vanilla) and retail (modded) installed at the same time, plus a lot of mods saved on my PC.

There is another thing you guys should know about and that's the Merged Object.esp, which can only be created in TESTool IIRC.  Abot has a lot of modding related stuff available on his site so check there.

A last thing, if anyone who is working with the "LOOT support Morrowind" project for LOOT should know what tools the Morrowind modding commuity use and they are.

Enchanted Editor (equal to xEDIT for FormID based games - Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 4)

TESPCD (very useful as a troubleshooting tool for mod issues since its primarily purpose is detecting mod conflicts)

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I've read a little and I want to help, but without using LOOT with Morrowind support, shown here, there isn't much I can do.  So where can I download it?

(...)

Every help is welcome. Follow these instructions in order to use the snapshot with Morrowind support.

18 hours ago, abbakab said:

The author of Moonpath to Elsweyr Sky and Lightning fix recommends loading his .esp after the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma Moonpath to Elsweyr Synergy Patch, but even after I edit the user metadata to try to force this, LOOT insists on loading them in the reverse order. How can I fix this, apart from manually reordering the .esp's after running LOOT?

What user metadata have you added?

1 hour ago, abbakab said:

Just a "load after" rule.

Load after rules shouldn't allow anything to contradict them, if anything does it'll get ignored or cause a sorting error. Can you share your debug log after sorting?

4 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

Load after rules shouldn't allow anything to contradict them, if anything does it'll get ignored or cause a sorting error. Can you share your debug log after sorting?

It seems the problem has resolved itself. It happened several times yesterday before I reported it here, but today LOOT seems to be obeying the "load after" rule. Regardless, I appreciate your replies. Thanks.

On 5/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, pStyl3 said:

Every help is welcome. Follow these instructions in order to use the snapshot with Morrowind support.

I did and I pick the latest, but when I tried to download I got this error message.

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access denied</Message>

</Error>

What is wrong?

On 5/20/2019 at 1:44 AM, abbakab said:

It seems the problem has resolved itself. It happened several times yesterday before I reported it here, but today LOOT seems to be obeying the "load after" rule. Regardless, I appreciate your replies. Thanks.

I added a rule to set the order. https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/commit/0d25e40a7efed11c7583458a24d3d04e3d3d0c3d

Just make sure it's LOOT and not the MO2 or Vortex sort, I'm not sure if they have the latest LOOT api.

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I did and I pick the latest, but when I tried to download I got this error message.

What is wrong?

@LeonardoWhere are you receiving the error?

I think the file shown below in `loot/snapshots/loot#files/` is the latest with Morrowind support. @WrinklyNinjaIs that correct?

image.thumb.png.723d4c0ee2bb6a741234d769d9d193ab.png

Yep, I clicked on that shown in the picture without been able to download the archive.  All I got was the error message I inlcuded in my previous post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, cptmcsplody said:

@LeonardoWhere are you receiving the error?

I think the file shown below in `loot/snapshots/loot#files/` is the latest with Morrowind support. @WrinklyNinjaIs that correct?

image.thumb.png.723d4c0ee2bb6a741234d769d9d193ab.png

Yes, that's right.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:24 AM, Leonardo said:

Yep, I clicked on that shown in the picture without been able to download the archive.  All I got was the error message I inlcuded in my previous post.

Sorry for the late reply about this... There's no authentication requirement to download from Bintray, all I can think of is that there's something on your end that's giving you the error message, e.g. a proxy or VPN that's blocking Bintray downloads?

TBH, I've no idea what's wrong since I never got such an error before. :shrug:

I don't use proxy, not I am aware of no and about VPN I have no clue whether I use it or not use it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, WrinklyNinja said:

There's no authentication requirement to download from Bintray, all I can think of is that there's something on your end that's giving you the error message, e.g. a proxy or VPN that's blocking Bintray downloads?

Could the error I got be related to for using Firefox 56.x since GitHub doesn't support Firefox 56 anymore? :shrug:

That's the only thing I can think of.

If that's the case then please make the LOOT with Morrowind support archive available in the same way LOOT is today (working download link regardless what browser one use).

Mod 81341 No Spell Tomes as Loot or from Vendors.  The optional file "No starter spells from Riverwood Trader - Requiem".  Requiem no longer has the Legendary Bugsmasher plugin, yet LOOT still shows an error for not having this plugin.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:20 PM, aristotle99 said:

Mod 81341 No Spell Tomes as Loot or from Vendors.  The optional file "No starter spells from Riverwood Trader - Requiem".  Requiem no longer has the Legendary Bugsmasher plugin, yet LOOT still shows an error for not having this plugin.

Thanks @aristotle99

I pushed an update to resolve that issue.

No Vendor or Loot Spells - Replace Bugsmasher Req with Afters

• 5 weeks later...

Mod 72596 Requiem - Mortal Enemies

Issue here is the load order of this mod vs. Mod 78139 Requiem - Dragonborn Patch.  LOOT loads 72596 after 78139.  But mod author of 72596 says " As said in the description, race records edits will be not compatible. So any mods that alter existing wildlife/monsters won't be. In case of Fozar's I think you should be good by just loading it after Mortal Enemies. Enemy angle attacks will be those of Fozar's but non-Dragonborn content should be as in my mod. "

So load order should be Requiem - Mortal Enemies followed by Requiem - Dragonborn Patch.

Here is the discussion I cited:

Mod 40960 Inigo and Mod 76231 Caranthir Tower Reborn

LOOT loads Inigo above Caranthir Tower Reborn, but I think this is wrong.

cdcooley writes: "I've played through Inigo's mini-quest and done the tower startup quest repeatedly to check for critical problems. Neither mod actually blocks progression of the quests in the other in any way I could detect. Inigo can get to the cabin and NPCs can enter and leave the tower, I could still find all 8 of Langley's eggs and retrieve all of Darkfox128's deviously hidden objects around the tower (after cheating to find where they are hidden).

The only problems I found are graphical glitches which are minimized if you load Inigo after Caranthir Tower Reborn. When I loaded them in that order the only thing that stood out (literally) was one of Langley's wooden posts embedded in the tower's entrance structure. Other than the odd visual effect of the post (and its flag fluttering in and out of the structure's wall once it is raised) there were no problems I could identify.

If there's something I've missed I really want to know. General comments about needing a patch without specifying why is not going to help make it happen in a timely fashion."

Here is the discussion:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4749095-caranthir-tower-reborn-patches/page-2

• 4 weeks later...

so, I am pretty new to pc and modding. I am having a bit of a problem with loot for Fallout NV atm. Right now loot can not detect any of my activated mods through mod organizer 2. I have set all the directories to where they need to be, mo has detected loot and knows where the program is but the only plugins that are seen are the dlcs. i have not really found an answer to this problem anywhere. I have mods like Project Nevada and some graphics mods. The only other plugin loot detects other than the dlc content is an enb that i ofc manually downloaded. If i could get some help that would be much appreciated as i would love to get back to modding fallout nv but i would love it if loot would detect my mods.  

On 8/4/2019 at 5:05 AM, aristotle99 said:

Mod 40960 Inigo and Mod 76231 Caranthir Tower Reborn

LOOT loads Inigo above Caranthir Tower Reborn, but I think this is wrong.

cdcooley writes: "I've played through Inigo's mini-quest and done the tower startup quest repeatedly to check for critical problems. Neither mod actually blocks progression of the quests in the other in any way I could detect. Inigo can get to the cabin and NPCs can enter and leave the tower, I could still find all 8 of Langley's eggs and retrieve all of Darkfox128's deviously hidden objects around the tower (after cheating to find where they are hidden).

The only problems I found are graphical glitches which are minimized if you load Inigo after Caranthir Tower Reborn. When I loaded them in that order the only thing that stood out (literally) was one of Langley's wooden posts embedded in the tower's entrance structure. Other than the odd visual effect of the post (and its flag fluttering in and out of the structure's wall once it is raised) there were no problems I could identify.

If there's something I've missed I really want to know. General comments about needing a patch without specifying why is not going to help make it happen in a timely fashion."

Here is the discussion:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4749095-caranthir-tower-reborn-patches/page-2

Hi @aristotle99,

I opened an issues for that here https://github.com/loot/skyrimse/issues/742

These messages just showed up on LOOT as errors: "Your installed version of Kryptopyr's Fixes Reqtified is not compatible with your version of Requiem". Same for Crafting Overhaul Reqtified. Worked perfectly until now. I had uninstalled Clothing and Clutter Fixes and KFR to deal with a naked guards problem, then reconsidered. When I reinstalled the previous versions, these 2 error messages appeared. I am using Requiem 3.20 (latest). Any insight is appreciated.