[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Hi everyone,

I just bought Skyrim VR and decided to mod it, however I have encountered a big problem. First thing to note, I have little to no experience modding with LOOT and Mod Organizer 2.

After downloading all the recommended, safe to use mods for SkyrimVR, I decide to mod with Mod Organizer 2, and download LOOT with it.

After successfully installing the mods through Mod Organizer 2, I enable all my mods and plugins so I can play my modded SkyrimVR.

1953689378_Screenshot(422).thumb.png.3f48d3d26b2ed801c6b19754cd85fd9e.png

The thing is, when I start up SkyrimVR in Steam, the game is playable but none of the mods are loaded.

After further investigation, I noticed that when I run LOOT (after creating a new instance for LOOT instead of SkyrimVR in Mod Organizer 2) I noticed that all my

mods and plugins are gone despite enabling all my mods and plugins in Mod Organizer 2!

709196345_Screenshot(419).thumb.png.981ea0882bc0c56a81ffa610c9f7f22a.png

1448616689_Screenshot(420).thumb.png.2e62159f6a1459ba42a3e5628758e699.png

HOWEVER, when running LOOT through Mod Organizer 2, all my enabled mods and plugins are there.

282728024_Screenshot(421).thumb.png.5f578cdc15b7d7e218d14075dd79637e.png

Basically, i'm having troubles having my mods properly load into SkyrimVR and I don't know what is causing the problem!

I don't know if it is LOOT, Mod Organizer 2, or something else that is causing this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated! ?

I'm glad Dyame mentioned VR!   I'm just going back to my VR game (in which LOOT worked last April).

I use Win 10, all game files away from the C Program stuff, and the MO2 environment. I'm used to using LOOT with Skyrim SE.

I'm getting:  

Masterlist Revision    Unknown: Git repository missing
Masterlist Date    Unknown: Git repository missing

Yes, that old chestnut.

UPDATE!  I may have resolved this: please can you confirm that SkyrimVR uses the same masterlist.yaml as Skyrim SE?  Switching to that list now makes LOOT work for SkyrimVR, but I do not know if this is the correct thing to do.

Thanks...!

LOOTDebugLog.txt

On 12/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, sarronum said:

Hi,

I am new to LOOT. I am updating skyrim SE and Loot had some cleaning references. I used SSEEdit 4.0.1 and cleaned files. When I start LOOT now, there is no errors or messages but I don't have Apply buton. See picture.

Thank you for any help

loot.jpg

The Apply button isn't displayed unless you run the sorting.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:12 PM, somnomania said:

I'm suddenly running into a problem today with LOOT crashing when I try to sort my mods. It was fine yesterday; all I'm finding wrong today is from LOOTDebugLog:

[16:05:05.823632] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[16:05:07.148824] [warning]: No masterlist present at C:\Users\somnomania\AppData\Local\LOOT\Skyrim\masterlist.yaml

I've reinstalled, same problem. I am launching it through MO, because otherwise it doesn't see my mods and is therefore of no use to me.

It looks like you don't have debug logging enabled, try enabling it in LOOT's settings, replicating the issue, and sharing the log that generates.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:51 AM, Dyame said:

Hi everyone,

I just bought Skyrim VR and decided to mod it, however I have encountered a big problem. First thing to note, I have little to no experience modding with LOOT and Mod Organizer 2.

After downloading all the recommended, safe to use mods for SkyrimVR, I decide to mod with Mod Organizer 2, and download LOOT with it.

After successfully installing the mods through Mod Organizer 2, I enable all my mods and plugins so I can play my modded SkyrimVR.

The thing is, when I start up SkyrimVR in Steam, the game is playable but none of the mods are loaded.

After further investigation, I noticed that when I run LOOT (after creating a new instance for LOOT instead of SkyrimVR in Mod Organizer 2) I noticed that all my

mods and plugins are gone despite enabling all my mods and plugins in Mod Organizer 2!

HOWEVER, when running LOOT through Mod Organizer 2, all my enabled mods and plugins are there.

Basically, i'm having troubles having my mods properly load into SkyrimVR and I don't know what is causing the problem!

I don't know if it is LOOT, Mod Organizer 2, or something else that is causing this problem.

I don't know why your Skyrim VR mods aren't loading, but what you described sounds like normal interaction between LOOT and MO2.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:01 PM, Bluegunk said:

I'm glad Dyame mentioned VR!   I'm just going back to my VR game (in which LOOT worked last April).

I use Win 10, all game files away from the C Program stuff, and the MO2 environment. I'm used to using LOOT with Skyrim SE.

I'm getting:  

Masterlist Revision    Unknown: Git repository missing
Masterlist Date    Unknown: Git repository missing

Yes, that old chestnut.

UPDATE!  I may have resolved this: please can you confirm that SkyrimVR uses the same masterlist.yaml as Skyrim SE?  Switching to that list now makes LOOT work for SkyrimVR, but I do not know if this is the correct thing to do.

Thanks...!

LOOTDebugLog.txt

LOOT uses the Skyrim SE masterlist for Skyrim VR. "Unknown: Git repository missing" typically means you just haven't run the masterlist update for the first time, to download the masterlist repository.

LOOT uses the Skyrim SE masterlist for Skyrim VR. "Unknown: Git repository missing" typically means you just haven't run the masterlist update for the first time, to download the masterlist repository. 

Thank you - it is good to know I am using the correct list for my VR game!

Heya, WrinklyNinja. Would you consider adding a sort of alias feature to LOOT in the future? That's probably not very clear as to what I mean so i'll give an example.

Say that I decided to convert SkyUI.esp to .esl using SSEEDIT. Loading up LOOT understandably treats SkyUI.esl as a completely new mod and lacks the masterlist info it had as an .esp. 

Could you add an option for users to identify mods as other such mods?

11 hours ago, Gr3yStar said:

Heya, WrinklyNinja. Would you consider adding a sort of alias feature to LOOT in the future? That's probably not very clear as to what I mean so i'll give an example.

Say that I decided to convert SkyUI.esp to .esl using SSEEDIT. Loading up LOOT understandably treats SkyUI.esl as a completely new mod and lacks the masterlist info it had as an .esp. 

Could you add an option for users to identify mods as other such mods?

I can see how something like that (saying plugin X should be treated as if it was Y) would be useful. I think there's also overlap with the case where people merge plugins together, e.g. plugin X should be treated as if it were plugins Y and Z, so I think it would make sense to cover both with the same feature.

Off the top of my head, there are a few questions that need to be resolved for this:

• If X is an alias of Y, should X be allowed to have its own metadata, or should any edits you make be applied to Y?
    • If you've also got Y installed, should that be treated as an error?
      • If it's not an error, would you always want X and Y to have the same metadata? If no, X should be allowed to have its own metadata.
    • If Z is also an alias of Y, would you want metadata applied to X to also apply to Z? If no, X should be allowed to have its own metadata.
    • If X is allowed to have its own metadata, it would get merged on top of Y's metadata following the existing metadata merging rules that are used for regex entries and masterlist/userlist entries.
    • Is there any reason to disallow Y itself from being an alias of Z?
      • If nested aliasing is allowed, that introduces the possibility of circular aliases, e.g. X is an alias of Y, Y is an alias of X, and this would need to be checked for when trying to resolve aliases.
      • Either way, we'd have to not use aliasing in the masterlist, because there's no telling what plugins users have aliased, so adding an alias could cause unexpected breakage. This is OK as regex plugin entries allow similar functionality for masterlist maintainers.
  • If X is an alias of Y, what happens if Y has no metadata defined? The obvious choice is just to say that X inherits no metadata.
  • If X is an alias of Y and Z, there needs to be a defined order of aliases to make metadata merging consistent. E.g. if Y depends on A unconditionally, but Z depends on A conditionally, you'd want to override Z with Y.
    • If you need to pick and choose, it's up to you to apply the necessary metadata to X yourself, I don't think it's worth providing more granular aliasing functionality.

This would be similar to YAML's alias/anchor features, which pretty much provide this, except that it does only one level of merging, whereas LOOT would need to do two (e.g. to merge incompatibility sets, not just pick one set). This feature also overlaps with regex plugin entries, which can apply metadata to multiple plugins from one metadata entry, but users can't change masterlist plugin entries to matchmore plugins.

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue, but my LOOT is fuzzy. Literally.

407959110_LOOTvisualerror2.thumb.jpg.4b267b716552ced846c64f1c9e9518d1.jpg

18836578_LOOTvisualerror.thumb.jpg.905bdfbb3ad2d13fa881343a30e56827.jpg

LOOT_visual_error_3.jpg.e3e2f62cea246df30b28d5b2431f9481.jpg

As you can see, there's some form of graphical error that only affects LOOT, and it doesn't do anything to the function of LOOT itself. I've had zero issues with the program, aside from being unable read the words anymore.

Anyone have a similar issue or an idea of why LOOT is trying to go 3D?

3 minutes ago, WarStryker13 said:

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue, but my LOOT is fuzzy. Literally.

407959110_LOOTvisualerror2.thumb.jpg.4b267b716552ced846c64f1c9e9518d1.jpg

18836578_LOOTvisualerror.thumb.jpg.905bdfbb3ad2d13fa881343a30e56827.jpg

LOOT_visual_error_3.jpg.e3e2f62cea246df30b28d5b2431f9481.jpg

As you can see, there's some form of graphical error that only affects LOOT, and it doesn't do anything to the function of LOOT itself. I've had zero issues with the program, aside from being unable read the words anymore.

Anyone have a similar issue or an idea of why LOOT is trying to go 3D?

Have you tried an exorcism? :blink: Either way, try passing --disable-gpu as a parameter when launching LOOT.

18 minutes ago, WrinklyNinja said:

Have you tried an exorcism? :blink: Either way, try passing --disable-gpu as a parameter when launching LOOT.

Where would I input this parameter? I run LOOT directly from a shortcut on the desktop, and I've never used MO...

LOOT has always been flawless for me, so I didn't ever have to change anything. lol

1 hour ago, WarStryker13 said:

Where would I input this parameter? I run LOOT directly from a shortcut on the desktop, and I've never used MO...

LOOT has always been flawless for me, so I didn't ever have to change anything. lol

After LOOT.exe in the Target field of your shortcut's properties.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, Dyame said:

Hi everyone,

I think you need to spend more time with the MO2 readme and watching introductions to mod organizer/skyrim modding on youtube. If you're loading mods in MO2 and then expect them to load when you open Skyrim VR in Steam, you will always be disappointed, because it will never work. MO2 uses a virtual file system. The mods aren't loaded until MO2 -- not Steam -- implements the virtual file system and loads the game in that environment.

This will make sense after you read the readme and watch some intro videos. STEP Project may also contain helpful information.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, WrinklyNinja said:

After LOOT.exe in the Target field of your shortcut's properties.

I should have known that. :facepalm:

It did work, but I'm wondering why it started doing that in the first place... I haven't updated the graphics drivers in years, because legacy APU, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Can someone advise please?  I have TESEdit 401, I have 2 mods that LOOT says need cleaning but TESEdit cleans no files.  The mods in question are Cutting Room Floor - 24 ITM and Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul - 10 ITM.  I have cleaned 20+ other mods and all were successful except those two.  Anyone?

EDIT: Not sure if it matters but this is for Skyrim Legendary Edition., Master list revision ec57ec4, Master List Date 2019-01--09

EDIT 2: Solved, TESEdit could only clean those two mods with Auto clean, not manual.  

Perhaps you could make the Cleaning warning more direct as in - "Needs to be cleaned with  the new auto clean feature". xEdit Version xxx and up

or something like that

CRF was updated and therefore should not be showing up as needing to be cleaned if you've updated it.

I am hearing rumors on a discord channel that LOOT 'breaks' FO4 load orders...  It is the BiRaitBec FO4 Modding Community channel, BTW.  BiRaitBec's mod list "requires" a certain mod order, and LOOT will re-sort that order... 

On another note (sort of a continuation, really...)  If memory serves wasn't there a way to give mods a 'weighting number' so you could make a mod's number, say, 1024 and then give a mod you wanted to follow 1025..?  Is that option still available and how do I access it if so?

Hi all,

As a complete noob, I'm still following step by step guides, especially Gopher's tutorials and I've managed to clean my master files using TES5EDIT. Now I see only nice green lines in LOOT, but one thing is missing - the APPLY button. Any idea where it might be hidden? Thanks.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:59 AM, croc123 said:

I am hearing rumors on a discord channel that LOOT 'breaks' FO4 load orders...  It is the BiRaitBec FO4 Modding Community channel, BTW.  BiRaitBec's mod list "requires" a certain mod order, and LOOT will re-sort that order... 

On another note (sort of a continuation, really...)  If memory serves wasn't there a way to give mods a 'weighting number' so you could make a mod's number, say, 1024 and then give a mod you wanted to follow 1025..?  Is that option still available and how do I access it if so?

The "weighting number" was priority. Priorities were replaced by groups, which provide roughly the same feature.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:20 PM, incubusbul said:

Hi all,

As a complete noob, I'm still following step by step guides, especially Gopher's tutorials and I've managed to clean my master files using TES5EDIT. Now I see only nice green lines in LOOT, but one thing is missing - the APPLY button. Any idea where it might be hidden? Thanks.

The Apply button only shows up (in the top right corner of the window) if you've sorted your load order (the button for that is also in the top right).

" The "weighting number" was priority. Priorities were replaced by groups, which provide roughly the same feature. "

Do you see what I am trying to do?  I have a fallout 4 modding guide, and one of the requirements is that the load order is sacrosanct.  Your PC will implode if the load order is not correct. So,how would groups let me do this?  Do I make just one group, and then insert the whole load order or what...  Is there a good manual / tutorial on how best to use groups so I don't take up all of your time?  If the group editor in LOOT's documentation is the best you know of, then a few questions, please...  1. are plugins sorted within a group?  2.  Do groups have priority over the default group?  3.  Is my best option 'load after'...?

13 hours ago, pStyl3 said:

LOOT's documentation features a paragraph regarding groups: Editing Plugin Groups

Please feel free to ask, if you still have questions after reading that.

I believe that I said that I had already read LOOT's documentation, and the questions were questions that LOOT's documentation did not answer.  If you know the answers, or have any background using LOOT and a modding guide that requires a fixed load order, then please answer back.  What I do know is that if I use LOOT's sort - and - apply with MO2's locked load order, it will overwrite MO2's load order.  Plugins.txt I am referring to.    So how can i use group editor to 'lock' a lot of plugins into a fixed load order?  Does LOOT sort within a group?  And does a user-made group overwride the default group?  I would prefer the guides mods before any others I might add on...  Thank you.

What's going on with the dirty/clean reporting? Was SSE 4.0.0 somehow broken? There weren't dirty edits before and there aren't now, so where did those 34 come from? People are coming to the Inigo page confused because "LOOT" is claiming the mod is dirty but then it can't be cleaned by SSEEdit.

Here's what I currently see in the master list.

dirty:
      # version: 2.4C
      - <<: *quickClean
        crc: 0x9CCE987C
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.0.0](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 34
    clean:
      # version: 2.4C
      - crc: 0x938CF2CD
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.0'

Here's what my SSEEdit 4.0.1 is generating as a report.

- name: 'Inigo.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x9CCE987C
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.1'

On 1/21/2019 at 8:45 AM, cdcooley said:

What's going on with the dirty/clean reporting? ...

Elminster improved the cleaning process with the new version of xEdit. As of the current version 4.0.1, you need to turn off "Simple Records" under "Other\Options\", restart xEdit and clean once more. It will now find the 34 ITMs. I think I've read that Elminster plans to make this the new standard way to clean in the next update of xEdit, so it will be the way to go forward when it comes to the cleaning process.

Thanks, that at least solves the mystery. It xExit requires that specific configuration then I wish whoever manages the Loot master list would hold off on dirty/clean entries using the new version because it's leading to a lot of confusion right now. Or at the very least document that that configuration setting in the Loot report.