No Mans Sky - Update

alt3rn1ty

@Arthmoor Dont go visiting your old bases yet, I recall you have done a few and put a fair bit of work into them.

I just had a look at the one I have and there are quite a few issues with it. The underwater sections of it I have to swim through and oxygen is getting depleted, not all of them, which is weird. One of the rooms used to have a Moon Pool in it too which replaced the round pre-constructed rooms floor .. Now there is not only no Moon Pool, but the entire floor is missing from that module and a new Moon Pool cannot be placed (nor is there anything there to delete and try to replace). When I teleported there the Starship was placed by the game underwater near the beach adjacent to the base .. And I stopped there. All the modules / parts I used in that bases construction are still valid parts, but I reckon Hellogames need to do a fair bit more work to get them all to work as they used to again.

I dare not visit my Freighter so far, from what I have seen on reddit there are issues with some of those building parts too which have already been used in old saves. But then I might just cave because there are some really nice new parts I might re-do the whole thing .. Hunting lots of Salvage data to get all the new parts first.

Hopefully all issues will be resolved in a few weeks, but knowing HG there will be a few left behind too and may not be rectified for a few years, so it may be another case of this update becomes like a reset and anything built prior to Frontiers may well need doing again elsewhere or with parts that work the way we need them to.

Pants!. Anyway the reason I suggest not visiting them is because of auto-saves maybe setting the problematic building parts permanently out of order. Whereas visiting them after issues have been fixed may save some grief.

That doesn't sound good. Does it look like those issues are repairable or is it a case of them being a completely lost cause requiring full teardowns and rebuilds? If it's gonna be a situation where everything is gonna have to get bulldozed anyway it sounds like a good opportunity to start a new save when the next expedition is ready and then just build new bases as needed. Or skip that entirely and go take over a settlement or two :P

I dont think its a lost cause (in my case anyway), just a bit of rebuild .. I did take a look at my freighter and there are some minor issues there which I think is going to need a tear down and rebuild of my second floor, some corners and stair ramps dont meet edge to edge where they used to so there is overlap causing the stair ramp to be inaccessible (its as if one room part has been lengthened causing a domino effect of edges not meeting as the game tries to put the parts in their saved location), and some room parts have a weird inverted corner edge poking out of the end of them until you replace the room with exactly the same room part, bizarre.

Trouble is, if I do start rebuilding parts of base or freighter now, and all the problem parts are fixed at a later date, then maybe I will have to rebuild the rebuild .. So probably best to ignore it all for the time being.

3.63 released https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/09/frontiers-patch-3-63/

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that caused debug-only base parts to appear in the Catalogue.
  • Fixed a number of snapping issues when placing fireplaces or NPC terminals to large rooms.
  • While base building, the rotation option now has acceleration to allow faster turning while still retaining detailed control.
  • Fixed a number of issues that could cause power lines to fail to appear.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to place an unlimited number of special parts (such as Exocraft geobays) within close proximity of each other.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause severe visual glitches when pushing the building and photo mode cameras into very specific situations.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to be backed out of base building mode accidentally.
  • Improved the use of the D-pad in base building controls, in order to minimise accidental presses.
  • Snapping is now enabled by default when entering wiring modes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused T-shaped corridors to become blocked when snapped to other structures.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent some pre-built large rooms from receiving power correctly.
  • Fixed a number of snapping and collision issues with power doors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused short-range teleporters to function correctly without power.
  • Fixed a number of snapping and collision issues with freighter rooms.
  • Fixed a number of UI issues with base building in VR.

• Fixed a number of glitches with settlement NPC navigation.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause settlement NPCs to go outside during danger scenarios, such as during storms or Sentinel raids.
  • Fixed an issue that caused patches of foliage to be cleared in settlements before any buildings had been placed.
  • Improved the loading speed of settlements.
  • Introduced a significant number of optimisations for settlements.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some settlements to fail to generate any decisions for their Overseer. Decisions are now expected at intervals of 15 minutes to 2 hours.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause long grass to spawn within settlements on scorched planets.

• Added a recovery for players who lost their primary Multi-Tool after accepting a blank tool from an upgrade/purchase UI. Note: the appearance of this erroneous UI screen was fixed in Patch 3.62.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Electrical Cloaking Unit to work incorrectly.
  • Fixed a physics issue that could cause players to get snagged while moving around the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a PlayStation 5 specific issue that could cause some trophies to fail to unlock.

• Fixed a crash related to settlement NPC navigation.
  • Fixed a crash related to base building.
  • Fixed a crash related to noise generation.
  • Fixed a crash related to base editing.
  • Fixed a crash related to terrain generation.

.. and a new experimental branch https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/3044984779782651560/

Experimental Branch 06/09
  • Fixed an issue that could cause settlement NPCs to become stuck and stop navigating.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to spawn outside the Space Anomaly when joining a friend who was already inside the Anomaly.
  • Fixed a crash caused by a memory trample.
  • Added a Galaxy Map marker to the player's settlement.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause all settlements to be incorrectly labelled as belonging to another player.
  • Fixed an issue that caused settlement charts to be used up when they failed to find a settlement.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause settlement building timers and states to repeat endlessly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented settlements from being added to the teleport destinations list when starting a settlement in a different galaxy.
  • Fixed a number of visual polish issues with settlement walls.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to delete the freighter room they were standing inside.
  • Fixed a crashed related to building spawning.
  • Introduced a number of physics optimisations.
  • Fixed an issue that caused missing geometry on the underside of some landing pads.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent legacy saves from loading correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause stutter animations around the Space Anomaly and the ship salvage station.
  • Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent window placement on new timber wall/window pieces.
  • Fixed a number of snapping issues with generators, batteries, solar panels and planters.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the sunlight direction to be incorrect while in space.
  • Fixed a number of collision issues in settlement decoration.
  • Added the 'Report Base' option to the Quick Menu, so that bases can be reported without finding any parts.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Quick Menu.
  • Fixed an issue that caused settlement construction times to be overly long (and costs to be repeated) for landing pads and towers.

• Fixed a physics issue that could cause players to get snagged while moving around the Space Anomaly.

Wow, its just dawned on me that's from an ancient bug report, hope it really is fixed. Seems to be fixed on first visit, but I need to visit the place lots to be sure (due to the bug not happening consistently).

Oh well at least confidence in zendesk reports eventually trickling through into updates is restored :)

Edit: Oh wait, no point testing that, us GOG players haven't got 3.63 yet :facepalm:

Another bunch of fixes on the current experimental branch ..

Experimental Branch 07/09
  • Fixed an issue that caused some small settlement buildings to have an additional construction stage that did nothing.
  • Fixed an issue that caused settlement debt payoff rates to be calculated incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the build menu grid hints to still be active when loading a different save.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause pilots to fail to navigate around their ship after landing on a planet.
  • Fixed a crashed related to the ByteBeat UI.
  • Fixed a threading crash.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Oxygen Harvester to appear in the wrong group in the build menu.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the wooden material from appearing in the base part recolour UI.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the base building menu to be overly jittery.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the base building menu to be too close to the part being placed.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ladders and other technology items from snapping correctly in cuboid rooms.
  • Fixed a crash related to NPC navigation.
  • Fixed a crash caused by reloading the game with the quick menu open.
  • Fixed an issue that caused incorrect audio to play when selecting an option in a settlement decision.
  • Fixed a crash related to base generation.
  • Fixed a number of issues with localised text.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to occasionally spawn below the ground.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to take damage when being recovered to the terrain after spawning below the ground.
  • Fixed a number of physics-related crashes.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause settlement buildings to spawn within the terrain and become blocked (note: this fix may slightly move some existing settlement buildings).

v3.64 public release ..

https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/09/no-mans-sky-expedition-3/

Includes all last couple of days experimental beta fixes plus ..

Cartographers Expedition.

See above link for all details - I'm not sure whether to start it or not, but I wont be able to until GOG friggin catches up, they still haven't released 3.63. Probably just as well not being able to though, let the cannon fodder go forth for a few days and highlight all the inevitable large mission bugs, and GOG even more time to get to the next update. :rolleyes:

Edit: Spoke too soon, GOG just released both 3.63 and 3.64 simultaneously https://www.gogdb.org/product/1446213994#builds O_o

New companion courtesy of Cartographers Expedition - Novelty will wear off soon, still prefer Pancake

@Arthmoor Reference Base issues with Frontiers :

v3.64 solved all my old land base problems (flooding of a few rooms / connecting tubes , moonpool vanished and a few other minor issues), I didn't have to edit or rebuild .. its just all back to normal.

My Freighter still has a few issues, so submitted a bug report and save.

New experimental, sadly no fixes evident for Freighters buggy building parts ..

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/3044985412470101044/

• Fixed an issue that prevented settlement NPCs from syncing correctly in multiplayer.
  • Introduced an optimisation to the particle rendering system.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ByteBeat tracks from playing in Photo Mode.
  • ByteBeat devices deployed to caves now have extra reverb.
  • Introduced an optimisation to base part rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some base parts from being recoloured.
  • When viewing another player's settlement, their name is now displayed in the UI.
  • Fixed an issue that could tell players to collect products from their settlement while the settlement was still in debt.
  • Fixed a crash related to terrain textures.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent ramps from snapping correctly to doors.
  • Base part recipes are now available to pin from the grid menu.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from landing or summoning their ships near buildings.
  • Fixed a visual glitch with the Exocraft Summoning Station.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent players from summoning their ship from specific landing pads at planetary vaults.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Short-Range Teleporters from teleporting the player.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent plants from growing when planted outdoors.
  • Fixed an issue that required players to construct a roof for settlement buildings that do not have roofs.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a construction terminal from spawning at a settlement building site.
  • A teleporter has been added to the settlement Overseer's office.
  • Fixed an issue that could reset settlement building progress when save/loading away from the settlement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented any decisions from triggering after claiming a second settlement.
  • NPC shopkeepers and access to a Galactic Trade Terminal have been added to settlement marketplaces.
  • Fixed a crash related to the ByteBeat device.
  • Fixed a crash related to the base building menu.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Report Base quick menu option to appear when not in a base.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause construction decisions to fail to load.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Master of Elements expedition milestone from correctly unlocking the Minotaur Geobay.
  • Fixed a crash related to the expedition log UI.
  • Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on PS4 and Xbox One.
  • Fixed several crashes related to large bases.
  • Fixed a number of console crashes related to memory management.

And another bunch of experimental fixes, doubt we will see this update on GOG until after the weekend

Experimental Branch Update 10/09
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the expedition reward base parts to be incorrectly coloured.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a visual glitch on a specific character foot model.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parts of Cronos' head to clip with the camera when equipped in first person.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause corrupt data when downloading the expedition details.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause several Exocraft to spawn on the same pad when deployed in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause base parts to appear in protected locations.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Exocraft and Minotaur scans to fail to find a building more often than they should.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an untranslated variable to appear in some settlement decision text.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed an issue that caused technology merchants to float or become duplicated within player settlements.
    Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing the preview of a base part being placed by another player.
  • Fixed a memory leak that could cause a crash after warping.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed an additional issue that may cause settlement building progress to reset after save/loading.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being able to place some base parts (such as save points or Exocraft Geobays) within protected areas on the expedition planet.

1 hour ago, alt3rn1ty said:

And another bunch of experimental fixes, doubt we will see this update on GOG until after the weekend

This is nuts.  It may be next month before I even think about giving this game another try.

Yep, it usually takes about 3 weeks for HG to fix all the fallout from an update, which is a bit crap for less experienced players when it also includes a timed Expedition. There are 6 weeks on the current one, one week has been used already waiting for HG to catch up with procedural bug fixes.

And some updates unfix old fixes, sigh!.

Bizzarely they have included another fix which has been waiting years to be fixed ..

• Fixed an issue that caused a visual glitch on a specific character foot model.

Old bugs are seemingly on trickle feed. But its good to see they are still doing them slowly.

Thinking to buy them a "Round Tuit"

3.66 Public release for PC, fingers crossed GOG will have it up tomorrow sometime.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/09/frontiers-patch-3-66/

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue that prevented settlement NPCs from syncing correctly in multiplayer.
  • When viewing another player’s settlement, their name is now displayed in the UI.
  • Fixed an issue that could tell players to collect products from their settlement while the settlement was still in debt.
  • Fixed an issue that required players to construct a roof for settlement buildings that do not have roofs.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a construction terminal from spawning at a settlement building site.
  • A teleporter has been added to the settlement Overseer’s office.
  • Fixed an issue that could reset settlement building progress when save/loading away from the settlement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented any decisions from triggering after claiming a second settlement.
  • NPC shopkeepers and access to a Galactic Trade Terminal have been added to settlement marketplaces.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause construction decisions to fail to load.

• Fixed an issue that prevented some base parts from being recoloured.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent ramps from snapping correctly to doors.
  • Base part recipes are now available to pin from the grid menu.
  • Fixed a visual glitch with the Exocraft Summoning Station.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause several Exocraft to spawn on the same pad when deployed in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause base parts to appear in protected locations.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing the preview of a base part being placed by another player.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being able to place some base parts (such as save points or Exocraft Geobays) within protected areas on the expedition planet.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Master of Elements expedition milestone from correctly unlocking the Minotaur Geobay.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the expedition reward base parts to be incorrectly coloured.

• Fixed an issue that could cause Exocraft and Minotaur scans to fail to find a building more often than they should.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ByteBeat tracks from playing in Photo Mode.
  • ByteBeat devices deployed to caves now have extra reverb.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from landing or summoning their ships near buildings.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent players from summoning their ship from specific landing pads at planetary vaults.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Short-Range Teleporters from teleporting the player.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent plants from growing when planted outdoors.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Report Base quick menu option to appear when not in a base.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parts of Cronos’ head to clip with the camera when equipped in first person.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause corrupt data when downloading the expedition details.
  • Introduced an optimisation to the particle rendering system.
  • Introduced an optimisation to base part rendering.

• Fixed a crash related to terrain textures.
  • Fixed a crash related to the ByteBeat device.
  • Fixed a crash related to the base building menu.
  • Fixed a crash related to the expedition log UI.
  • Fixed several crashes related to large bases.
  • Fixed a crash related to LODs.
  • Fixed a number of console crashes related to memory management.
  • Fixed a memory leak that could cause a crash after warping.

:D aaand another one ..

( still no fix for Freighter fubars :( )

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/3044985412485047012/

Experimental Branch 13/09
  • Introduced an optimisation to base and settlement rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some base and settlement parts to lose their collision.
  • Settlement NPCs now have appropriate thoughts while under attack by Sentinels or fleeing a storm.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players starting a new game if their most recent save was from an incompatible version.
  • The settlement mission now gives more information about when the next decision may occur.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some players from loading their saves.
  • Fixed an number of snapping issues with cuboid rooms that could cause them to become blocked when used in a multi-storey building.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinel attacks on settlements to be immediately cancelled without spawning any Sentinels.

an update to the experimental above

Experimental Branch Update 14/09
  • Fixed a number of glitches with cuboid room foundations.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to game mode selection.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to mission notifications.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being given additional judgements if they claimed a new settlement whilst their previous settlement had a building currently under construction.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented fireworks from syncing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to settlement placement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent the Wheel of Hirk firework from spinning correctly.
  • Fixed a glitch with door animations on timber parts.
  • Fixed a number of issues affecting ramp snapping.

v3.67 now public .. I wonder if the fix to Cuboid room foundations means those poles sometimes vanishing is now fixed, guess I will find out when GOG releases it :

https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/09/frontiers-patch-3-67/

Bug fixes

• Settlement NPCs now have appropriate thoughts while under attack by Sentinels or fleeing a storm.
  • The settlement mission now gives more information about when the next decision may occur.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinel attacks on settlements to be immediately cancelled without spawning any Sentinels.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being given additional judgements if they claimed a new settlement whilst their previous settlement had a building currently under construction.

• Fixed an issue that could cause some base and settlement parts to lose their collision.
  • Fixed a number of snapping issues with cuboid rooms that could cause them to become blocked when used in a multi-storey building.
  • Fixed a number of glitches with cuboid room foundations.
  • Fixed a glitch with door animations on timber parts.
  • Fixed a number of issues affecting ramp snapping.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented fireworks from syncing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent the Wheel of Hirk firework from spinning correctly.
  • Introduced an optimisation to base and settlement rendering.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent players starting a new game if their most recent save was from an incompatible version.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some players from loading their saves.

• Fixed a rare crash related to game mode selection.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to mission notifications.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to settlement placement.
  • Fixed a networking crash on Xbox.

New experimental

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/5086242673959671077/

Experimental Branch Update 17/09
  • Introduced a number of optimisations for settlements and large bases.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some islands to disappear, leaving player bases floating or mission-related buildings underwater.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some settlement buildings to placed outside of the flattened area.
  • Introduced a number of memory optimisations for PS4 and PS5.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to delete communications beacons.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause multiple bases on the same planet to share screenshots when viewed on the teleporter page.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some head elements to be visible when playing in first person.
  • Fixed a crashed related to interactable objects.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ladders from working correctly when placed in cuboid rooms.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some corner pieces from snapping correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause two NPCs to occupy the same chair.
  • Improved the behaviours of settlement NPCs, so that they group up and converse more often.
  • Fixed an issue that could allow players to prematurely start the Space Anomly story missions whilst on an expedition.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause the settlement mission to become blocked after changing your settlement.
  • Removed a number of obsolete items from the catalogue.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the interaction with the settlement technology merchant to become blocked if they were interacted with while outside the marketplace.
  • Fixed a crash related to base and settlement rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some basic floor pieces from flattening the terrain.
  • Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.
  • Improved the snapping behaviour of a large number of base parts.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause previous expedition saves to be reactivated as Cartographers Expedition saves.

and moooaarrr

• Fixed an issue that could cause previous expedition saves to be reactivated as Cartographers Expedition saves.
  • Fixed an issue that could count other player's objects as your own for the purposes of planet object limits (for example, Exocraft Geobays).
  • Fixed a visual issue with Short-Range Teleporter wires.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a soft-lock when using mods on PC VR.
  • Fixed a number of visual issues with the Race Initiator.
  • Fixed a crash related to region decoration.
  • Fixed a crash related to noise generation.
  • The base building recolour menu now has hover tips to display the name of the colour.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause two identical NPCs to be spawned for a settlement decision.
  • Fixed an Xbox-specific crash.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed another set of corner parts that did not snap correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an error when supplying materials to some specific small settlement buildings.

• Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.

:) There's a weekend mission running (available from the Anomaly Nexus, its just a tame the creatures one, but on a harsh planet with trigger happy aggressive Sentinels).

I managed to be first to discover and upload a few creatures which is highly unusual, you can just about normally guarantee someone else has beaten you to it .. I guess most people are still engaged / distracted by the big Expedition Cartographers mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to playing again after the last round of updates. Got hosed on my primary base. Horker Island no longer has any land under the main portion of the base, and apparently this is a very widely reported problem with a lot of people who had similar island style bases. Some or all of their bases losing the terrain that used to exist beneath the structures. In my case I don't think it's salvageable either cause it would look like crap to try and cover the missing land area with floor tiles. Especially since I planted a bunch of Star Bulbs all over the open terrain.

So I spent a bunch of time going through the 3rd expedition. Not a fan. I don't like that they strand you on a toxic hellhole planet and then impose limitations on your ability to build necessary base parts just because some other dufus on his own game put something there while in multiplayer. Had a hell of a time with the dumb exocraft portions because there's a limit of 5 bays per planet. I had to hijack one from someone else's base because it wouldn't let me build my own.

Plus a couple of the goals they set to complete each phase are ludicrous. Like the one where you have to stay airborne for 30 seconds. In this case if someone hadn't managed to get a base built miles above the ground extending several buildings above one of the megaspires, it would have been impossible to maintain flight. And the other one where they want you to needlessly travel 15000u in an exocraft, with the aforementioned bugs and the terrain being not at all useful for doing that.

The ending reward is total trash too. Definitely not worth the time.

I agree, didn't like this expedition at all, and getting one of those station keys (forgotten its name) supposedly to unlock whatever that thing is supposed to do at the back of Space station hangars .. And then find it doesn't work because Hellogames still has them as invalid, nor do they copy across to your regular save = Pointless.

Frontiers has been a buggy mess which is unusually taking a long time to get right again, they haven't even started on the Freighter building parts that have been messed up with Frontiers.

Last two weeks they started a new round of Experimental which is still not released, but updated again today, hopefully they have stealth fixed some of the fixes before in this round which were not actually fixed, along with the few fixes mentioned (apparently the update below listing just a few fixes was 7.5gb uncompressed, so I think there is more to these additional experimental fixes than meets the eye so to speak) ..

Experimental Branch Update 28/09
  • Fixed a mission crash present in the Japanese version.
  • Fixed a physics related crash.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could block progress around mission portals.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed a crash related Settlement NPCs.

Well here's the irony then. I loaded my save where Horker Island has been obliterated, but the freighter is just fine. Either I didn't use the parts in question or my alterations to my freighter were inconsequential.

Apparently the NMS reddit sub is on fire over how many bugs there are. Especially with settlements, but also with other stuff like changing part colors on a base not sticking.

Also they still have the god damned tilted moon bug YEARS after I reported it in detail with a save confirmed to make it happen, along with dozens of other people on the net around the same time. Like, holy shit people, fix this, because it's extremely disorienting.