Dragon Hunting Radiant Quest Problem

AndalayBay

I'm using Paarthurnax Dilemma and I was able to convince the Blades to allow Paarth to live. Now I'm trying to do the Dragon Hunting radiant quest, but when we arrive at the location, there is no dragon. Is there a way to get a dragon to materialize? If not, I think I saw on the wiki that you can set the quest stage to get the quest to complete. I've finished all the main questlines in the game, including all the DLC's, so there aren't many dragons around.

What location is it? There's a couple that have been reported to be flaky about respawning their dragons even with the unofficial patch installed.

Mount Anthor. I don't think I've even visited this location before. I'd have to visit again, but I think I got the word from the wall. I went back to a previous save when it didn't work the last time.

I also visited Dragontooth Crater to get the first word of that shout and there was no dragon there either. In fact the Foresworn had a small camp at the base of the wall.

Went back to a save from before I even went to Sky Haven and asked Esbern for a quest and he gave me Mount Anthor again. Still no dragon, but I have been there before, so no new word either. There were two mages there, so it's really looking like all the dragons are gone for me. I had one random encounter with a dragon a few days ago, but they don't seem to be in their lairs.

4 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Mount Anthor. I don't think I've even visited this location before. I'd have to visit again, but I think I got the word from the wall. I went back to a previous save when it didn't work the last time.

I also visited Dragontooth Crater to get the first word of that shout and there was no dragon there either. In fact the Foresworn had a small camp at the base of the wall.

Did Arngeir sent you there in one of his radiant the Word Of Power quests?

Also, according to UESP Mount Anthor seems to be bugged at least for respawning a dragon after the MQ has been completed.  IIRC Another thing that comes to mind is that Mount Anthor is one of the few locations that doesn't have a boss chest.

Never mind. This is an old game from four years ago and it looks like it's well and truly screwed. Some other stuff isn't working either. I really don't feel like starting a new game at this point, so time to go back to Oblivion and get some updates done.

Mount Anthor is one of the flaky locations people report on regularly, but we've been unable to find any sort of problem with it. It's set up just like all the other lairs.

I checked out a few others and same thing. Regular enemies now occupy the spot and no dragon. Plus all the packages in The Brotherhood of Old are messed up. This was an old game with lots of changes, so no surprise.

Mainly I just wanted to make sure that it was normal that dragons would respawn and I could continue to hunt them. It sounds like it is and it's just my game.

I uploaded my Papyrus log to the TBO private area if you'd like a chuckle. A real horror story. :lmao: