Trinity Restored: Karliah leaves instead of opening the gate

justafyde

(I tried to add this twice as a bug report but each time it gave an error)

After equipping the Nightingale Armor in Nightingale Hall, Karliah and Brynjolf talk.

Karliah then asks if you are ready to transact the oath, to which you must reply "Yes, I'm ready". Karliah will then say "good, follow me...". If you do nothing she will start towards the gate, but after a few steps turn around and leave, leaving the gate closed and the quest incomplete.

One way to resolve this is: As soon as she turns and heads toward the gate, click Karliah again (A. Talk to Karliah). She will stop and tell you "we'll speak once the Oath is complete". Then she will continue properly to the gate and pull the chain.

It does not work every time. Seems like the closer you are to both Karliah and Brynjolf, the better. It may also be necessary to be standing so you have Karliah and Brynjolf closer to the steps than you are. 

Reported on Bethesda forums

• Like 1

We've seen this reported countless times but can't reproduce it ourselves. If you're not willing to provide a save guaranteed to make this happen there's nothing we can do. This has been the problem consistently for years. People report it, but refuse to provide saves to allow us to try and diagnose it. That's always led us to believe people know it's being caused by mods they have installed.