I need to use a CD/DVD burner

Leonardo

Yep, I need to do that because I once used Nero Burning Rom.  But that was over 10 years ago and back then I use Nero.  A lot of things has changed since the last time I used Nero and I dunno what burner software that's out there.

Is there any free good burner software you can recommend and I'm not fussy about what license a burner software has, but I'm not fond of being forced to provide my e-mail address before downloading it like what one need to do for Nero 2017?

Programs like Foobar2000, iTunes, and Windows Media Player, among others, are capable of burning audio to disc, but it's hard to find a good free program for burning video to DVD. Perhaps try BurnAware?

I've just been using the Cyberlink Power2Go software that cane with my Blu-Ray drive to burn discs with. I used to have Nero ages ago though. I've only ever used the programs that come with the hardware since it's been all I ever needed.

9 hours ago, InsanePlumber said:

InfraRecorder

GPL and portable.

+1 for InsanePlumber's recommend

Its rare I need to mess with DVDs these days but I always have a copy of InfraRecorder on a thumb drive of useful tools, occasionally comes in handy helping other peoples machines out.

Glad this came up, I just updated my useful tools thumbdrive :)

16 hours ago, InsanePlumber said:

InfraRecorder

GPL and portable.

Thanks for the link. :horkercookie:

16 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I've just been using the Cyberlink Power2Go software that cane with my Blu-Ray drive to burn discs with. I used to have Nero ages ago though. I've only ever used the programs that come with the hardware since it's been all I ever needed.

Never heard of Cyberlink Power2Go before, but then I don't have a Blue-Ray device. :P

I agree, over 15 years ago I used a program called Farstone VirtualDrive 7.0 and with it I could create .vcd files for the discs I wanted to use and still use the .vcd files, just to protect the original discs, but it doesn't work on Windows 7 and I really miss it.