[RELz] Mertz's WizBAIN thread

Beermotor

6 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Maybe. I wonder if this is affecting anyone else.  @Sladen2019 have you tried it out yet?

If it is bombing for other people I'll try to re-create the BCF.  If after that it keeps bombing out then yes we may have a bug.

I just tried it and it worked fine for me with no issues.  The Wrye Bash I did it with is version 307.201710222147 Standalone. I don't bother with the Python version.

Nice to have one less reason to have OBMM or it's successors installed. :) Thank you Mertz.

9 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

The Wrye Bash I did it with is version 307.201710222147 Standalone.

I'll try it with that version in Python, then Standalone & latest Standalone & see what it does. Thanks! :)

Edit: Python version of 307.201710222147 worked like a charm!

Edit2: 307.201711041935 Standalone worked fine.

Edit3: Ok, I'm an idiot. I had put in the current 64b 7z.dll & 7z.exe under Mopy\bash\compiled while testing an issue with compression arguments and forgot to switch back to the original 32b versions. :facepalm:

So sorry to have wasted your time!!

Back on the ole' DarN.

Twigged the ini tweaks and updated links, but somehow don't think this is going to solve any of the crashing. But like a bad Oblivion mesh, hope is abounding!

Rearranged the wizard a tad as these two fonts are vanilla:

SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt

Is the following working if selected?

Case "Colored Local Map"
    EditINI('Oblivion.ini', 'Display', 'bLocalMapShader', '0')

Can someone please post the Oblivion.ini after minimal & custom installation?
(Just to check that the ini tweaks are going in as intended).

DarkUId DarN 16 BAIN-2017test.7z

On 11/24/2017 at 6:27 AM, lmstearn said:

Back on the ole' DarN.

Twigged the ini tweaks and updated links, but somehow don't think this is going to solve any of the crashing. But like a bad Oblivion mesh, hope is abounding!

Rearranged the wizard a tad as these two fonts are vanilla:

SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt

Is the following working if selected?

Case "Colored Local Map"
    EditINI('Oblivion.ini', 'Display', 'bLocalMapShader', '0')

Can someone please post the Oblivion.ini after minimal & custom installation?
(Just to check that the ini tweaks are going in as intended).

DarkUId DarN 16 BAIN-2017test.7z

Thanks for updating this. I'll try to get a look at it today and get you some oblivion.inis. 

So I had this little half-awake idea this morning and thought I'd toss it out here for everyone to discuss a bit. 

Problem: There are hundreds if not thousands of popular Skyrim mods that have not been ported to SSE yet, either due to the MA being MIA or lack of interest on the mod author's part. 

Solution: For most of us who know how to do it, the solution is to just port the mod for ourselves. I helped a mod author (who didn't have SSE) port all of his mods over the weekend - he said three people had tried but none of them had been able to fix all of the problems like I did.  It dawned on me that it's easy for some of us, but it's difficult for others.

Beermotor's solution:  BCF Ports   -  Wrye Bash has the unique capability do ethical SSE ports since BCF files require the original mod. This is ethically the same as releasing a compatibility patch and is providing both a service for the MIA MA and the end-user.  

To make sure I have all of my bases covered:

• If MA is active, reach out to Mod Author for perms to make BCF.  In some cases we'll probably have to explain what a BCF is.
    • If MA does not respond for 30 days or hasn't been active in over 180 days = Make BCF automatically.
  • If mod is maintained by "The Care Taker" = make BCF automatically. 

As for releases, well I'm open for suggestions on that.  I'll probably just release them on the Nexus.  I'll need to make a video on how to apply BCF files if that's the case however. I'll also put a link to @alt3rn1tys pictoral Bash Guide since it is awesome. 

Thoughts?

If you were including pre-converted resources in a BCF (can it do that?, I have never made them so dont know the extent as to what can be included in a BCF), say the plugin already passed through the CK, and or meshes passed through NIF Optimizer, textures through Photoshop to BC7 or transparency layers added where necessary for example ..

.. Then the original mods Permissions would have to be scrutinized carefully. Where there are no permissions or directions, nexus has a policy of saying no to any kind of updating or copying indefinitely and protects the original mod authors in his / her absence. Although I think such mods are a rare thing these days since nexus applied a user right template to all mods across the board, and where no previous preference was given a default in favour of preserving rights was chosen to be applied.

Thats all I can think to be wary of, otherwise uploading them to Nexus shouldn't be a problem. They require the original, any included modification is just a conversion process of the original files, and so long as such things are not restricted by the original MAs wishes (click the Perms button, and read descriptions thoroughly, plus any included readme in the downloaded zip) they should be fine. If in doubt about any detail ask moderators on nexus forums to be sure.

Edit : Ooh and beware "The Care Taker", may say they have permission, but is proof publicly available of that permission given ?, or was it via an alleged PM which if untrue (or cannot be proven by a moderator at a future time, maybe one of the users decides to scrub all of their PMs at a later date or the moderator does not have admin rights to view and insists on public proof) may come back to bite you.

10 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

If you were including pre-converted resources in a BCF (can it do that?, I have never made them so dont know the extent as to what can be included in a BCF), say the plugin already passed through the CK, and or meshes passed through NIF Optimizer, textures through Photoshop to BC7 or transparency layers added where necessary for example ..

Yes this would just be the delta of any files that changed, meaning as you said, always the plugin and the meshes.  The scripts and the majority of the textures can normally stay. The goal is to get people to use Bash and witness its power firsthand. :)

.. Then the original mods Permissions would have to be scrutinized carefully. Where there are no permissions or directions, nexus has a policy of saying no to any kind of updating or copying indefinitely and protects the original mod authors in his / her absence. Although I think such mods are a rare thing these days since nexus applied a user right template to all mods across the board, and where no previous preference was given a default in favour of preserving rights was chosen to be applied.

Yes I absolutely want to keep it ethical.  The mods I had in mind were mostly mods that were extremely popular but the author lost interest long before SSE came out. Like you say, the saving grace is it is CRC locked to the original mod, and I'll put all kinds of scary language on the release page about redistributing and what-not.

Thats all I can think to be wary of, otherwise uploading them to Nexus shouldn't be a problem. They require the original, any included modification is just a conversion process of the original files, and so long as such things are not restricted by the original MAs wishes (click the Perms button, and read descriptions thoroughly, plus any included readme in the downloaded zip) they should be fine. If in doubt about any detail ask moderators on nexus forums to be sure.

Do you think I should do a single BCF page or do a page per mod? I think the latter would give perhaps the wrong impression but it may be clearer for end-users. Given that the only people that can use them are Wrye Bash users (muahahaaha!!!)   I think we can trust that the end-user will be a sophisticated enough to navigate a multi-mod page.

Edit : Ooh and beware "The Care Taker", may say they have permission, but is proof publicly available of that permission given ?, or was it via an alleged PM which if untrue (or cannot be proven by a moderator at a future time, maybe one of the users decides to scrub all of their PMs at a later date or the moderator does not have admin rights to view and insists on public proof) may come back to bite you.

Yep I see exactly where you're coming from. Fortunately I took a look at "The Care Taker" mod list and there aren't any mods in there I'd want to port aside from TripTheRift's old stuff, and she already ported everything to improved versions on SSE.

I guess from here I need a wish list of mods people would like to see ported.

13 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Do you think I should do a single BCF page or do a page per mod? I think the latter would give perhaps the wrong impression but it may be clearer for end-users. Given that the only people that can use them are Wrye Bash users (muahahaaha!!!)   I think we can trust that the end-user will be a sophisticated enough to navigate a multi-mod page.

Hmm, probably a single page for each would be better .. But having a single page is an additional time sink for every one added, which can put you off in future doing the rounds maintaining them.

Updated the RS Children overhaul to v1.1.1.  I no longer use RS Children but it has been completely overhauled and is a lot nicer now.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:08 AM, Beermotor said:

Added wizard for @William Imm's Even Better Quest Objectives. I learned a lot from reading William's BAIN wizards so I wanted to say thanks.

@TechAngel85 I saw you were helping maintain the mod now. If you want to snag the wizard please feel free.  :beer:

Yep, I'll include it in the next release. Thanks!

Okay, I'm going to have to check that one out just due to the name. It's got me thinking of baaaaaahd things involving sheep or something. :P

23 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Just a quick note to save you some time checking - The latest CBBE 1.1.10 is still good with your wizard :)

Doh I totally forgot about that with all of the Christmas craziness going on right now. Thank you for checking it. I'll update the OP to make sure everyone coming in from the Nexus knows.

Oh godz, looks like I need to do some work on this one. Glad you mentioned it though, Nexus notifications have gone weird on me, I didnt get any for this mod update but I do get "flashes" of notifications until I expand the notification tab .. and its empty ???. Nexus being Nexus as usual.

Edit : Its 1.2 :)

On 1/2/2018 at 5:38 AM, alt3rn1ty said:

Edit : Its 1.2 :)

D: I must fix this on the main page then.  (Edit: fixed

But yes I think I know what you're talking about with the re-working on the diffuse maps. I wonder what kind of impact this is going to have.. this should be interesting.

For those who use bodyslide it will enable them to have even more detailled fur burgers, but for pure texture replacers, the work I have just done will never show in game because without the bodyslider working its magic on the base meshes and texture mapping adjustment that bit of texture will not get used. So its impact will be purely for bodyslide users I think (unless someone churns out adjusted base body meshes for Slim / Curvy / Vanilla with the 3D part done and uploads them).

Anyway, v1.4 is done at last, 36 x 2k diffuse textures, 36 x 4k diffuse textures, 8 x 2k normal maps, and a heap of mini installer images for all of them, all redone from scratch with the new .psd resource files. :) (they have to be done from scratch because even though the new BC7 format is better than previous dds, they are still lossy with each edit, so each one has to be redone from the best source images. Simply editing the previous work which has already lost a tiny bit of detail in the first save using dds compression, would lose a tiny bit more detail in a second save using dds compression etc etc. If you kept going the eventual texture would be pixelated rubbish).

It looks like Ousnius pushed another CBBE update to add a few fixes and some new brow options. I'll need to update the wizard.

It may be a minute - I'm actually in bed with a terrific cold, but hopefully I'll have my tools updated on my laptop later this afternoon.

EDIT:  OK I got off my sickly ass and updated it. It wasn't as hard as I thought. :P

Enjoy!

You missed Bushier Brows Light .. FTFY :) :

;=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
;-- Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -- WizBAIN by Mertz --
;=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
RequireVersions "", "", "", "307"
ResetAllEspmNames
DeSelectAll

MOD_Readme = str("CBBE replaces the vanilla female body that all adult female characters \(player and NPC\) share, with one that is fully customisable with the BodySlide tool. By default there are three nude options available that don\'t require anything but installation\, as well as two underwear styles for these body shapes.\n\nAlso included are all vanilla and DLC outfits converted to the base three body shapes, with additional BodySlide compatibility including sliders and many zaps.\n\nThe body mesh is completely custom and has 13554 vertices\, which is more than 20 times the resolution of the vanilla Skyrim body and 6 times that of the older CBBE.\n Included are textures made from photographs of real women\, and multiple choices of high-res normal map to fit the body shape you want. Also redone are the mesh weights for animation\, offering improved deformation in many poses.\n\nNote to modders: If you wish to create armour\/clothes for the bodies\, make use of the conversion references coming with BodySlide in Outfit Studio \(the base shape of CBBE\, otherwise the \"Outfit\" presets\) or your preferred modelling software. Ideally\, create BodySlide projects so that your outfits will fit regardless of shape preset.")

bSlim = False
bCurvy = False
bVanilla = False
bUnderwear = False
bNeverNude = False
bVanillaOutfits = False
bFacePack = False
bPubicHair = False
bNoSkinMaps = False
bUnderwearRevealing = False
; added in 1.17:
bDirtToBeautyMarks = False
bThinTrimmedBrows = False
bThinTrimmedBrowsLight = False
bTrimmedBrows = False
bTrimmedBrowsLight = False
bBushierBrows = False
bBushierBrowsLight = False

;== Welcome screen and install core mod
SelectOne "Welcome",\
    "|Welcome","Welcome to the Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer installer.\n\nClick Read Me below to select the Readme for this mod\n\nClick 'Credits' above to view the credits.\n\nClick Next to continue the installation","FOMod\\CBBE.png",\
	"Read Me",MOD_Readme,"FOMod\\CBBE.png",\
    "Credits","Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer was brought to you by:\n\n - Caliente\n - ousnius\n - Jeir\n - Alecu for the underwear assets and design\n - Lunyra for some of the blend options in the PSD resources\n - MrTroubleMaker for the subsurface maps resource\n - XunAmarox for the innies layer in the PSD resources\n\n- Face Pack:\n - tktk1 for Pretty Face \(edited v1\)\n - HHaleyy for tintmasks and \(edited\) specular of Fair Skin Complexion\n - AluminumFoil for Eyebrows Match Hair \(edited\).\n\nIf you enjoy this mod\, please make sure to show your thanks by endorsing!\n\nWizBAIN installer by Beermotor S. Mertz\n\nClick next to continue the installation","FOMod\\CBBE.png"
EndSelect
SelectSubPackage '00 Required (Slim)'

SelectOne "Body Shape\n\nPlease select one of the following options.",\
    "|Slim","Choose this option if you want to use the slim body shape. Affects the other options as well.","FOMod\\Slim.jpg",\
    "Curvy","Choose this option if you want to use the curvy default shape. Affects the other options as well.","FOMod\\Curvy.jpg",\
    "Vanilla Shape","The CBBE body\, shaped to conform closely to the proportions of the vanilla female body - with a few adjustments. Affects the other options as well.","FOMod\\Vanilla.jpg"
        Case "Slim"
            bSlim = True
            Break
        Case "Curvy"
            bCurvy = True
            SelectSubPackage '01 Curvy'
            Break
        Case "Vanilla Shape"
            bVanilla = True
            SelectSubPackage '02 Vanilla'
            Break
EndSelect

SelectOne "Underwear Options\n\nPlease select one of the following options",\
    "|Nude","Nude body with no underwear","FOMod\\Slim.jpg",\
    "Underwear","This will replace the nude body with underwear\. Color and shape options for this one follow in the next step. The bows can be removed in BodySlide. To stay nude\, don't select this!","FOMod\\Underwear.jpg",\
    "NeverNude","This will replace the nude body with the vanilla underwear. To stay nude\, don't select this!","FOMod\\NeverNude.jpg"
        Case "Nude"
            Break
        Case "Underwear"
            bUnderwear = True
            Break
        Case "NeverNude"
            bNeverNude = True
            Break
EndSelect
; New Dirt-to-Beauty-marks option added in 1.17.
SelectMany "Additional Options\n\nPlease select or deselect any items below",\
        "|Vanilla Outfits","Choose this option if you want to install the adjusted vanilla outfits for CBBE. Required for the shape and properly appearing body textures. Includes BodySlide addon for the outfits as well.","FOMod\\CBBE.png",\
        "Face Pack","Installs female head textures and masks that are compatible with the default CBBE body textures. Required if you don't use another CBBE compatible set of head and body textures already.","FOMod\\Face Pack.jpg",\
        "Dirt to Beauty Marks","Turns the facial dirt options in the character creation into three beauty mark options. Doesn't affect NPCs, unless their face is regenerated in the Creation Kit.","FOMod\\Beauty Marks.jpg",\
        "Pubic Hair","Installs a body texture with pubic hair on the front.","FOMod\\Pubic Hair.png",\
        "No Skin Maps","Prevents bronze lines that sometimes appear on skin by installing fully black maps for the _sk\.dds textures. However\, this will make the body look slightly less smooth also!","FOMod\\Skin Map.jpg"
            Case "Vanilla Outfits"
                bVanillaOutfits = True
                Break
            Case "Face Pack"
                bFacePack = True
                Break
            Case "Dirt to Beauty Marks"
                bDirtToBeautyMarks = True
                Break
            Case "Pubic Hair"
                bPubicHair = True
                Break
            Case "No Skin Maps"
                bNoSkinMaps = True
                Break
EndSelect
; Added in 1.17 and 1.22 - Eyebrow options
SelectOne "Eyebrow Options\n\nPlease select one of the following options",\
    "|Thin + Trimmed Brows","Female eyebrow textures that are both thinned out and trimmed. They match the hair colors more closely than vanilla eyebrows.","FOMod\\Thin + Trimmed Brows.png",\
    "Thin + Trimmed Brows - Light","Female eyebrow textures that are both thinned out and trimmed. Light option is recommended for very light hair colors.","FOMod\\Thin + Trimmed Brows (Light).png",\
    "Trimmed Brows","Female eyebrow textures that are a little more trimmed compared to vanilla. They match the hair colors more closely than vanilla eyebrows.","FOMod\\Trimmed Brows.png",\
    "Trimmed Brows Light","Female eyebrow textures that are a little more trimmed compared to vanilla. Light option is recommended for very light hair colors.","FOMod\\Trimmed Brows (Light).png",\
    "Bushier Brows","Female eyebrow textures that aren't trimmed, so they are a little bushier just like vanilla. They match the hair colors more closely than vanilla eyebrows.","FOMod\\Bushier Brows.png",\
    "Bushier Brows Light","Female eyebrow textures that aren't trimmed, so they are a little bushier just like vanilla. Light option is recommended for very light hair colors.","FOMod\\Bushier Brows (Light).png"
        Case "Thin + Trimmed Brows"
            bThinTrimmedBrows = True
            Break
        Case "Thin + Trimmed Brows - Light"
            bThinTrimmedBrowsLight = True
            Break
        Case "Trimmed Brows"
            bTrimmedBrows = True
            Break
        Case "Trimmed Brows Light"
            bTrimmedBrowsLight = True
            Break
        Case "Bushier Brows"
            bBushierBrows = True
            Break
        Case "Bushier Brows Light"
            bBushierBrowsLight = True
            Break
EndSelect

If bUnderwear
bUnderwearDarkPurple = False
bUnderwearAqua = False
bUnderwearGray = False
bUnderwearDarkRed = False
    SelectOne "Underwear Options",\
        "|Normal","The underwear in its normal shape. The bows can be removed in BodySlide.","FOMod\\Underwear.jpg",\
        "Revealing","The underwear in its more revealing shape. The bows can be removed in BodySlide.","FOMod\\Underwear Revealing.jpg"
            Case "Normal"
                Break
            Case "Revealing"
                bUnderwearRevealing = True
                Break
    EndSelect
    SelectOne "Underwear Color",\
        "|Black","The underwear in a black color.","FOMod\\Underwear Black.png",\
        "Dark Purple","The underwear in dark purple.","FOMod\\Underwear Dark Purple.png",\
        "Aqua","The underwear in aqua","FOMod\\Underwear Aqua.png",\
        "Gray","The underwear in gray","FOMod\\Underwear Gray.png",\
        "Dark Red","The underwear in dark red","FOMod\\Underwear Dark Red.png"
            Case "Black"
                Break
            Case "Dark Purple"
                bUnderwearDarkPurple = True
                Break
            Case "Aqua"
                bUnderwearAqua = True
                Break
            Case "Gray"
                bUnderwearGray = True
                Break
            Case "Dark Red"
                bUnderwearDarkRed = True
                Break
    EndSelect
EndIf

; Conditional File Installs
If bNeverNude and bSlim
    SelectSubPackage '03 NeverNude Slim'
EndIf

If bNeverNude and bCurvy 
    SelectSubPackage '04 NeverNude Curvy'
EndIf

If bNeverNude and bVanilla
    SelectSubPackage '05 NeverNude Vanilla'
EndIf    

If bVanillaOutfits and bSlim
    SelectSubPackage '06 Outfits Slim'
    SelectSubPackage '09 Outfits BodySlide'
    SelectSubPackage '10 Outfits 1st Person'
EndIf

If bVanillaOutfits and bCurvy
    SelectSubPackage '07 Outfits Curvy'
    SelectSubPackage '09 Outfits BodySlide'
    SelectSubPackage '10 Outfits 1st Person'
EndIf

If bFacePack
    SelectSubPackage '11 Face Pack'
EndIf
; Added in 1.17 - Brow options and Dirt-to-Beauty-Marks, 
; Added in 1.2.2 - Lighter brow options
If bThinTrimmedBrows
    SelectSubPackage '14 Thin + Trimmed Brows'
EndIf

If bThinTrimmedBrowsLight
    SelectSubPackage '14 Thin + Trimmed Brows (Light)'
EndIf

If bTrimmedBrows
    SelectSubPackage '15 Trimmed Brows'
EndIf

If bTrimmedBrowsLight
    SelectSubPackage '15 Trimmed Brows (Light)'
EndIf

If bBushierBrows
    SelectSubPackage '16 Bushier Brows'
EndIf

If bBushierBrowsLight
    SelectSubPackage '16 Bushier Brows (Light)'
EndIf

If bDirtToBeautyMarks
    SelectSubPackage '17 Dirt to Beauty Marks'
EndIf

If bPubicHair
    SelectSubPackage '12 Pubic Hair'
EndIf

If bNoSkinMaps
    SelectSubPackage '13 No Skin Maps'
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearRevealing == False
    If bSlim
        SelectSubPackage '20 Underwear'
    Elif bCurvy
        SelectSubPackage '21 Underwear Curvy'
    Elif bVanilla 
        SelectSubPackage '22 Underwear Vanilla'      
    EndIf
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearRevealing
    If bSlim
        SelectSubPackage '23 Underwear Revealing Slim'
    Elif bCurvy
        SelectSubPackage '24 Underwear Revealing Curvy'
    Elif bVanilla
        SelectSubPackage '25 Underwear Revealing Vanilla'
    EndIf
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearDarkPurple
    SelectSubPackage '26 Underwear Dark Purple'
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearAqua
    SelectSubPackage '27 Underwear Aqua'
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearGray
    SelectSubPackage '28 Underwear Gray'
EndIf

If bUnderwear and bUnderwearDarkRed
    SelectSubPackage '29 Underwear Dark Red'
EndIf

;== Finish Page ==
Note "Confirm your selections above - if you are not happy with the selection use the BACK button below.\nWhen ready, tick 'Apply these selections' Below, and then click the 'Finish' button.\n\nIf You Have Auto-Anneal/Install Wizards set in Wrye Bash preferences, the Wizard will install your selections after clicking Finish\nOtherwise, right-click the installer again and choose Install"