[RELz] Mertz's WizBAIN thread

Beermotor

8 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Thank you for finding that.  It is probably a bug. Given how large that wizard was and how much beer I consumed while writing it, that isn't outside the realm of possibility. ;)  

To help me with replicating what you found, did you select one of the pre-defined setups or were you using the custom install?

Both. I got the same results both times. First I picked the Everything option and then I did the custom install. I posted a second time, but I think you missed it, so I'll quote myself:

19 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Ok, I think I see what's going on now. You put the main option for furniture under 01 and the other options were under 20. I think perhaps all options should share the same number? I'm not sure what's going on with 56 and 59. They got picked again even though I did not select the option. The description said to pick the others only if you had those mods, so perhaps it's just the wording.

That is one monster wizard! :P

56 and 59 are the compatibility patches. I'm wondering if it's just the wording of those options because it just seems to install different textures - there's no difference in the plugins that get installed.

56 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Both. I got the same results both times. First I picked the Everything option and then I did the custom install. I posted a second time, but I think you missed it, so I'll quote myself:

56 and 59 are the compatibility patches. I'm wondering if it's just the wording of those options because it just seems to install different textures - there's no difference in the plugins that get installed.

Thank you.  I did see the other post but I only quoted one for brevity. I don't want you to think I was ignoring you. :)

Now that I'm home looking at the actual BAIN structure of the mod itself I see what you mean, but apparently that's just how Brumbek laid out the mod as he added and removed things over time. Originally I was concerned that there was an option missing (e.g. I missed something when I was translating the FOMOD options to WizBAIN) but yeah that's just how it was originally packed. There are whole arrays of numbers that are skipped (it jumps from 61 to 70 in one place) that must have been options in previous versions of the mod.

The DyndDOLOD compatibility patches are just the vanilla textures with special meshes that I think are intended to facilitate the animated distant objects functionality of DynDOLOD. No plugins are needed since they're just an asset swap.

I still appreciate you pointing this out.  I've reached out to Brumbek to ask his permission to update the mod for SSE now that we have better mesh conversion tools. If he gives me permission for an update release I'll see what I can do with reordering the folders to group things more logically.

4 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Thank you.  I did see the other post but I only quoted one for brevity. I don't want you to think I was ignoring you. :)

Now that I'm home looking at the actual BAIN structure of the mod itself I see what you mean, but apparently that's just how Brumbek laid out the mod as he added and removed things over time. Originally I was concerned that there was an option missing (e.g. I missed something when I was translating the FOMOD options to WizBAIN) but yeah that's just how it was originally packed. There are whole arrays of numbers that are skipped (it jumps from 61 to 70 in one place) that must have been options in previous versions of the mod.

The DyndDOLOD compatibility patches are just the vanilla textures with special meshes that I think are intended to facilitate the animated distant objects functionality of DynDOLOD. No plugins are needed since they're just an asset swap.

I still appreciate you pointing this out.  I've reached out to Brumbek to ask his permission to update the mod for SSE now that we have better mesh conversion tools. If he gives me permission for an update release I'll see what I can do with reordering the folders to group things more logically.

From what I understand about creating BAIN packages, it's normal to just use 10, 20, 30 for the packages. That's so you can insert others later if you wish. However my point was that having 01 Furniture and then the other furniture options under 20 makes it look like they aren't options on the same category. I suggest all furniture options be under 01 or 20. When you are supposed to only select one option of several, they should all have the same category number. Another example is Chandeliers. It should be 72 Chandeliers and 72 Chandeliers No 3D Chains Addon. Then the package will work properly if somebody decides to install without using the wizard.

It still seems weird to me that the description says to select the other windmill or jewelry rings option only if you're running those mods. Perhaps you could clarify that with Brumbek and change the descriptions.

No worries - I didn't think you were ignoring me. :) Great work on the wizard. :)

On 8/14/2017 at 9:39 PM, AndalayBay said:

From what I understand about creating BAIN packages, it's normal to just use 10, 20, 30 for the packages. That's so you can insert others later if you wish. However my point was that having 01 Furniture and then the other furniture options under 20 makes it look like they aren't options on the same category. I suggest all furniture options be under 01 or 20. When you are supposed to only select one option of several, they should all have the same category number. Another example is Chandeliers. It should be 72 Chandeliers and 72 Chandeliers No 3D Chains Addon. Then the package will work properly if somebody decides to install without using the wizard.

It still seems weird to me that the description says to select the other windmill or jewelry rings option only if you're running those mods. Perhaps you could clarify that with Brumbek and change the descriptions.

No worries - I didn't think you were ignoring me. :) Great work on the wizard. :)

Thank you. Don't worry, if I get a chance to restructure the mod I'll to my best to make it more reasoned. :) Remember, wizards cannot restructure the mod like a BAIN Conversion File (BCF) can, so I didn't lay the folders out that way.  You have to use the structure the original author provided so it works with the mod file available on the Nexus.

If I don't hear back from Brumbek by the end of the month I may look at making a BCF however,  because I think the permissions will allow me to redistribute just the SSE-converted mesh assets. If that's the case I can just pack those up with a wizard and a folder restructure into a nice clean BCF, with full credits to Brumbek for his genius and hard work of course.

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Thank you. Don't worry, if I get a chance to restructure the mod I'll to my best to make it more reasoned. :) Remember, wizards cannot restructure the mod like a BAIN Conversion File (BCF) can, so I didn't lay the folders out that way.  You have to use the structure the original author provided so it works with the mod file available on the Nexus.

If I don't hear back from Brumbek by the end of the month I may look at making a BCF however,  because I think the permissions will allow me to redistribute just the SSE-converted mesh assets. If that's the case I can just pack those up with a wizard and a folder restructure into a nice clean BCF, with full credits to Brumbek for his genius and hard work of course.

Good point. I was only thinking from the point of view of creating a wizard for my mods. :lmao: If you can't repackage the mod, there isn't much you can do.

9 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Good point. I was only thinking from the point of view of creating a wizard for my mods. :lmao: If you can't repackage the mod, there isn't much you can do.

Speaking of, if you're familiar with doing it, do you want to help me if I end up doing it? :)

I'll write the wizard, and you can help me sort out the order of the folders (or anything else you'd like to help with). 

15 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Sure. I've been repackaging a lot of mods lately.

Good deal. When I start work on it I'll PM you. This is all dependent on how the permissions request works out so it'll be a few weeks.

Also, this is coming eventually. I've been working on it in my free time. I don't have very much free time as of late. 

5996c588c93de_ScreenShot2017-08-18at5_43_25AM.png.f6693a70c43038727419350893576ff9.png

The font for that logo sucks but you get the idea. Suggestions are welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kelsenellenelvian said:

That's perfect!

Fantastic. When I get up in the morning I'll PM you with the goodies.

Apparently the eclipse woke Brumbek from his slumber. :)

Updated the SMIM SSE Wizard for the 2.05 update. Adds the new Imperial Jail option. It is still recommended that you convert the meshes, especially if you select "animated Dwemer lifts".

The LE version is coming tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep.

That was a bolt out of the blue :), Brumbek updated LE aswell

Thank you for updating that so quick, I was half way through downloading it, reading up if he has taken it (SSE meshes) through the new NIF Optimiser yet (I dont think he has), when I wondered if your wizard may have been added in PM with Brumbek.

8 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

That was a bolt out of the blue :), Brumbek updated LE aswell

Thank you for updating that so quick, I was half way through downloading it, reading up if he has taken it (SSE meshes) through the new NIF Optimiser yet (I dont think he has), when I wondered if your wizard may have been added in PM with Brumbek.

Yeah I saw it and diffed the whole mod to see what changed then updated the wizard and compared it against the FOMOD.  I haven't heard back from Brumbek yet regarding the mesh conversion SSE update.

But yes, even the new content is in the old format and will need to be converted.

I'm going to post on the mod thread to let him know I have a wizard because I doubt he's checked his PMs yet, or he skipped it thinking I should have just read the permissions post. ;)

20 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

The LE version is coming tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep.

Thanks to the 'Compare' plugin in Notepad++ I was able to get the LE version updated, tested, and uploaded before bed-time.  :)

Another update on SMIM because I need to get to bed: Brumbek released a SSE optimized version of SMIM packed into a BSA, but there are a few problems with the archive. EDIT: I PM'ed him to let him know.

It does look like he optimized the meshes however. :)

Well thats new, having it in a BSA would be far more optimal. For now though I will stick with loose, I mostly use the full version but have a few different preferences .. And its something else with an awesome wizard for taking Wrye Bash through its paces :)

When choosing the brighter metal option in the SMIM 2.05 wizard, it'll throw this error:

An error occurred in the wizard script:
Line 356:                        SelectSubPackage '4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal'
Error:    (Line 356, Column 55): Sub-package '4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal' is not a part of the installer.

It should be "54 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal" instead of "4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal".

9 hours ago, Pabulum said:

When choosing the brighter metal option in the SMIM 2.05 wizard, it'll throw this error:

An error occurred in the wizard script:
Line 356:                        SelectSubPackage '4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal'
Error:    (Line 356, Column 55): Sub-package '4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal' is not a part of the installer.

It should be "54 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal" instead of "4 Imperial Jail Brighter Metal".

Thank you for finding that, good catch.  :beer:

I've fixed the wizards and re-uploaded them. They're named v2 to reflect the fix.