QA about Steam

Leonardo

A few minutes ago I bought Morrowind on Steam and was just about to install it when Steam *force* me to use the same path I have for both SLE and SSE.

My path for Skyrim is and "G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim" and "G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition".

What I would like to know, if I can install Morrowind on the same partition, in this case G:\, and still use the "\Bethesda Softworks\" path for Morrowind or do I must use the current Steam path "G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\" for Morrowind?

If I had to.  Can I change that Steam path to let say "\Bethesda Softworks\Elder Scrolls\" without making both SLE and SSE unplayable?

You can only have one Steam game folder per drive. So if you want to change it you have to change all games.

At least with what the steam UI will let you do.

After a while I figure it out myself, but thanks anyway.

I should have been more specific about what mean in my first post.  The text I marked as orange is what I want to change without making the installed games unplayble, if possible of course.

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\ (both SLE and SSE are installed with this path)

G:\Bethesda Softworks\Elder Scrolls\steamapps\common\ (new installation path for all three Steam games e.g Morrowind, SLE, SSE)

Can I do that without risking installed games to be listed as uninstalled games in Steam?  If so, how do I do that?

IIRC there are ways to move your steam install folder and then run "verify steam cache" in steam to relink everything.

not sure how it's done in detail, but maybe this gives you an idea of what words to google for?

Thanks for posting a link to that KB-article. :)

You know, your posted link reminded me to read more carefully now than I first did and why I didn't get it at that time was, because I was frustrated, irritated and a bit tired too to do something I couldn't do without following the instructions.

Thanks again, I really appreciated it. :horkercookie:

Also, I find this interesting.

Note about Save Games

If you are moving your Steam installation to a new hard drive and want to keep game saves/profiles for third party games that are not saved on Steam Cloud most of these can be found in your Documents folder: ~\Documents\[username]\My Games\. Moving this folder to the same location on your new hard drive will maintain your saves/profiles.

Useful tip if one wants to save some diskspace when using a SSD as a boot drive for Windows.