Creation Club

Nico coiN

what's the money/credit cost ratio? 1 dollar, 1 credit? 10 credits? 100 credits? 1000 credits?

the ONLY way to obtain credits is by buying them?

I want to download a mod that is priced at 50 credits. Is 50 an actual amount of credits I can buy, or there is a mininum value, like 100 for example.

if I download a mod that costs me 20 dollars (based on money/credit conversion) how much of this money goes to the author, how many goes to bethesda?

authors will be paid based on how many downloads the mod have? highest ratings?

in the long run, what are the good and the bad things that this platform can bring to modding - for both users and authors?

lastly, the FAQ can be a bit ambiguous:

Is Creation Club paid mods?

No.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?

Yes.

And please don't fall for fancy official names - content, work, add on, creation. Bethesda take precautions to not mention the term "Mods" anywhere, but anyone with a functional brain knows what a mod is.

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I would, but that's only because it would beat the hell out of staying in California where it's too expensive to survive on $33K :P

Didn't you lost your job a couple of years ago?  I remember when you first relocated AFK Mods at TESA, but after a discussion with DarkRider you asked AndalayBay for a specific AKF Mods forum at DC.  Which you got.

However, later you got an offer you couldn't refuse and the rest is history.

More than a couple of years ago, yes. The job I did have at the time was making me a bit more than that $33K which is how I know it can't feasibly be lived on out here. Not unless you have very cheap or non-existent rent anyway.

9 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

More than a couple of years ago, yes. The job I did have at the time was making me a bit more than that $33K which is how I know it can't feasibly be lived on out here. Not unless you have very cheap or non-existent rent anyway.

California is a big place. Costs of living wildly differ throughout the state, and decrease as you move away from the coast and major cities. A base salary of $33K is practically poverty in the coastal parts of the Bay Area (where tech workers making six figures still have to cohabitate), but it's more than enough in many inland suburbs, especially for single adults making smart choices and living within their means.

That depends on what inland suburbs you're referring to. I live in one, 50+ miles from the coast. Cost of living here is nearly as bad as living there or in LA itself. That doesn't reduce until you get out into the desert areas east of me, at which point it's simply not worth living here at all because those areas are too isolated. California may be a big place, but it's a big place where costs of living are still well above national averages.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That depends on what inland suburbs you're referring to. I live in one, 50+ miles from the coast. Cost of living here is nearly as bad as living there or in LA itself. That doesn't reduce until you get out into the desert areas east of me, at which point it's simply not worth living here at all because those areas are too isolated. California may be a big place, but it's a big place where costs of living are still well above national averages.

Is that close the border to Arizona or is it Nevada?

I don't think it's any big secret that I live in the Greater LA Metro Area. :P

@Leonardo Both. The desert areas of Eastern CA are quite large and border both Arizona and Nevada.

41 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

I don't think it's any big secret that I live in the Greater LA Metro Area. :P

@Leonardo Both. The desert areas of Eastern CA are quite large and border both Arizona and Nevada.

My best friend has an older sister living in Arizona, not far from Phoenix btw, and he once said to me it's hot down there this time of year, so I can imagine how must be like when almost every hour feels hot and one cannot get enough sleep due for being too hot outside.

18 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

California may be a big place, but it's a big place where costs of living are still well above national averages.

Cost of living indices in California range between 100 and 500. 100 is the national index.

There is a lot of diversity: 463 - Beverly Hills; 428 - Rancho Santa Fe; 409 - Palo Alto; 324 - Cupertino; 291 - Coronado; 257 - Santa Monica / Carmel-by-the-Sea; 193 - Santa Barbara; 190 - San Mateo; 173 - San Jose; 169 - Huntington Beach; 146 - Oakland; 144 - San Diego; 141 - Anaheim; 135 - La Mesa; 121 - Pomona; 119 - Riverside; 117 - Compton; 114 - Sacramento; 107 - Fresno / Stockton; 106 - San Bernardino.

I've lived all my life 15 miles from the coast in a suburb whose index is 151. $33K/year would be more than livable here.

• 1 month later...

How do we actually browse through the mods that cost credits on the Skyrim SE PC version ? I can find the regular mods fine but don't see any that cost credits.