Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Ok - well, will merge - hopefully new WB won't include any esls at all in the patch - I guess all those errors are because patchers are not ready to cope with new records

Please @Beermotor address the MCM comments so I can merge that too

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

@Verayth - are you sure you have installed this very same mod with a previous version? It seems it's a limitation of the windows API we use to move files - please post me the version that worked - if this is ok I may be able to fix that otherwise this goes for after beta at least - a hard nut

I decided to exclude all esls from the patch based on discussion here, better safe than sorry - plus it won't make much difference as they don't count towards espm limit - as the patchers UI code is still half refactored (read fixed) I am not sure I caught them all - could someone post me links to some esls that are currently included in the patch for SSE of fo4 ? ASAP please so I can merge the esl stuff and release another nightly - getting there.

I get no errors installing this mod with the version I was using at the time (SHA-1: 48427d33a953804bb5084492645983645f59964f), which looks like it was the dev branch circa 5/20/2017.

Before reverting to the dev branch, I had used the "Backup Settings" option.  After going back to the latest utumno-wip and restoring the settings backup, all the Rating, Group and Installer info on the Mods tab I'd entered about ESLs is now gone.  Is this info not saved in the settings backup?  How would I back it up?

Read the errors closely in Beermotor's log. They are saying the error is in Skyrim.esm or Dragonborn.esm and we know that the DLC has records that are not form version 44.

Bash can handle form version 44 records it is up to date and has been for over a year.

Can the error only display when it's not the official DLC?

1 hour ago, Verayth said:

Before reverting to the dev branch, I had used the "Backup Settings" option.  After going back to the latest utumno-wip and restoring the settings backup, all the Rating, Group and Installer info on the Mods tab I'd entered about ESLs is now gone.  Is this info not saved in the settings backup?  How would I back it up?

Restore settings is broken https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/390

Please restore relevant settings manually

EDIT: new python wip should exclude settings from the BP - please anyone using it test that ( @Beermotor ?)

Has work begun on New Vegas support?  This probably reeks of a nagging question, but I'm lazy--long thread and the searching is frustrating.

16 hours ago, Malonn said:

Has work begun on New Vegas support?  This probably reeks of a nagging question, but I'm lazy--long thread and the searching is frustrating.

Nope, it has been talked about but its not likely to happen for quite a while.

Priorities I think are first on getting a new beta published on Nexus so that everyone can use it with the most recent updates to Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE (due to new save formats and esls, anyone using Wrye Bash who are not using the nightly builds will be having some bad problems, which is probably a lot of users right now). Utumno is doing some final updates to dev, and then I think the new beta can go live .. But Utumno is very busy RL too.

After that, a period of letting everyone get settled in with the new beta2, and hopefully not many issues will be found by the masses. And then a full public release of 307 should go live sometime thereafter.

Then I think plans and priorities for 308 will start to take shape, hopefully patchers for each new game the project currently supports, and also finishing off the whole refactoring and outstanding bugs which may be easier to finally solve once the refactoring is complete. Somewhere among that over the coming years maybe?.

I'm just hoping that the project will get to a point where its a lot easier for Utumno to manage, or more talented Python programmers join in and ease the load. Because I think Utumno is a bit threadbare / worn out with the project and keeping his RL job going. He is getting a bit more support these days on the coding side.

9 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Nope, it has been talked about but its not likely to happen for quite a while.

Priorities I think are first on getting a new beta published on Nexus so that everyone can use it with the most recent updates to Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE (due to new save formats and esls, anyone using Wrye Bash who are not using the nightly builds will be having some bad problems, which is probably a lot of users right now). Utumno is doing some final updates to dev, and then I think the new beta can go live .. But Utumno is very busy RL too.

After that, a period of letting everyone get settled in with the new beta2, and hopefully not many issues will be found by the masses. And then a full public release of 307 should go live sometime thereafter.

Then I think plans and priorities for 308 will start to take shape, hopefully patchers for each new game the project currently supports, and also finishing off the whole refactoring and outstanding bugs which may be easier to finally solve once the refactoring is complete. Somewhere among that over the coming years maybe?.

I'm just hoping that the project will get to a point where its a lot easier for Utumno to manage, or more talented Python programmers join in and ease the load. Because I think Utumno is a bit threadbare / worn out with the project and keeping his RL job going. He is getting a bit more support these days on the coding side.

Gotcha--good little summary there.  I bet Utumno works and a programmer in RL too.  Program all day at work, come home, program some more.  Programming could get repetitive in a case like that.

Anywho, thanks for clearing things up, Alt.

@Utumno I dont think there are any issues to be concerned with on Nexus, maybe the one who cant Create a Dummy Master ..

Venutius

Hi,

Reinstalling Oblivion (I've missed it) and found some bugs in Wrye Bash:

When trying to create dummy masters to overcome the Item I /Better Cities issues, I've found it to be really buggy.  Have to run the command multiple times to have a chance of generating the Dummy Masters but it's not always successful.  Revert to the previous version of Wrye Bash and Creating Dummy Masters works fine first time, every time.

He posted on Skyrim SE Nexus reference this Oblivion issue, but has not followed up with a reproducing scenario (I dont know what this "Item I /Better Cities issue" is) / bugdump / version of WB in use or reverted to .. And its not a function I know how to use or in what circumstance (its ghosted for me so I am obviously missing something that is a precondition to it being used).

Otherwise, most people just dont follow up with enough info or even if what was suggested worked .. So as far as I know there's nothing worthy of noting that is not more than likely user error, or missing game registry settings due to Steam deleting them etc etc.

So you guys got me thinking and I got bored, so as part of some prep work for v308 I ported some of the Oblivion tweaks to Skyrim/Skyrim SE and added a few new ones.

Et voila:

Spoiler

wb-ported-tweaks-ported.thumb.jpg.93c5c152c241cf6438dd36ea23a87a19.jpg

This is for later (e.g. after Beta 2 or even later depending on priorities) and just a proof of concept. I still have a lot of in-game testing and code clean-up to do.

Those will need to be checked to be sure they even apply to Skyrim at all. For example, I'm not sure the one for "AI Max Active Actors" actually works in Skyrim since the entire AI system was changed.

25 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Those will need to be checked to be sure they even apply to Skyrim at all. For example, I'm not sure the one for "AI Max Active Actors" actually works in Skyrim since the entire AI system was changed.

Yep that was one that was already present (it has been there since 2011 IIRC) that probably needs to be confirmed, but for the ones I did today I checked against the Creation Kit wiki and a couple of other sources (usually I googled them but took the results with a wheelbarrow of salt) to make sure the right GMSTs were being used. In a lot of cases there were no corresponding Skyrim versions of the Oblivion setting.

One thing I learned is that in some ways Oblivion was more advanced than Skyrim is. 

So far in my testing there were a few of them that wouldn't build.. namely the horse turning & turn ramp-up speed. They didn't throw an error but they weren't added to the Game Settings in the Bashed Patch.  The 'iAINumberActorsComplexScene' tweak stuck however. I just need to spawn a bunch of Stormcloaks in the middle of Soltude again to see how it plays out. :P

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

So far in my testing there were a few of them that wouldn't build.. namely the horse turning & turn ramp-up speed. They didn't throw an error but they weren't added to the Game Settings in the Bashed Patch.  The 'iAINumberActorsComplexScene' tweak stuck however. I just need to spawn a bunch of Stormcloaks in the middle of Soltude again to see how it plays out. :P

Ok I was a noob and didn't do my tuple right on the horse thing. I fixed it and now it works. I've got a nimble horse now. :)

36 minutes ago, RavenMind said:

That's awesome Beermotor! Thanks! :D

My pleasure. It'll be a while before these are in. Once Beta 2 is released and work starts back up I may do a test commit with these included. Right now I'm just messing around learning things.

4 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Right now I'm just messing around learning things.

Story of my (computing) life right there. :D 

Darn tuples'll getcha every time! Let me guess.. value-comma-SPACE-value? :P

@Beermotor Ooh thats a nice development, adding more GMST tweaks for newer games than Oblivion makes the Bashed Patch even more attractive for users. Each one is potentially a mod which is no longer needed (thats how quite a few of the original Oblivion Tweaks were included, permission was gained from a mod author to include their GMST tweak find into the Patchers, cutting down on another mod slot use)

Looking forward to be able to reduce the Greeting Distance in Skyrim SE, maybe when you enter Breezehome while a guard walks past he will be less likely to engage in conversation and will not follow you into the house.

Dont forget you will need a small description as a tool tip for each one (when you hover the mouse over a Tweak there is a description in the info bar at the bottom of the Rebuild dialogue above the action buttons)

7 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Story of my (computing) life right there. :D 

Darn tuples'll getcha every time! Let me guess.. value-comma-SPACE-value? :P

More like value-comma-space-space-value-comma. it was actually a typo more than anything, but typos are bad.

26 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Ooh thats a nice development, adding more GMST tweaks for newer games than Oblivion makes the Bashed Patch even more attractive for users. Each one is potentially a mod which is no longer needed (thats how quite a few of the original Oblivion Tweaks were included, permission was gained from a mod author to include their GMST tweak find into the Patchers, cutting down on another mod slot use)

Yes that's exactly the mindset I took. I have many "fix" mods that are just GMST edits (see the No BS AI Dodge fix as an example) that would save a lot of slots. I also looked at SkyTweak and nicked a few ideas.

Edit: because you edited around the same time I did - yep I got that too. I actually overflowed the little tooltip box once and had to pare it back a bit. :P

Will you be able to do the same for Fallout 4 ?, it currently has none.

Probably will be the hardest of the lot to figure out what is valid for that game, seeing as Bethesda leave old GMST's from old games in the engine and just dont use a heap of them, sorting out whats valid for FO4 versus FO3 or NV might be a bit of a trawl.

15 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Will you be able to do the same for Fallout 4 ?, it currently has none.

Probably will be the hardest of the lot to figure out what is valid for that game, seeing as Bethesda leave old GMST's from old games in the engine and just dont use a heap of them, sorting out whats valid for FO4 versus FO3 or NV might be a bit of a trawl.

Short version: Yes and I have at least two ready to go. There is one tweak I have in mind that makes it easier to explode bodies when an actor takes a headshot or a limb gets knocked off. Brutal but fun. :) 

Long version:  Right now the bash game files for Fallout 4 are still fairly barren and need to be fleshed out. We have the data, it is just that the data needs to be put in the right places so Bash knows what to do with the tweaks.   @Sharlikran has already done a good bit of ground work on this and I've done some research into the tweaks themselves, but the heavy lifting part of putting it all together still needs to be done. 

On 16/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

@Utumno I dont think there are any issues to be concerned with on Nexus, maybe the one who cant Create a Dummy Master ..

He posted on Skyrim SE Nexus reference this Oblivion issue, but has not followed up with a reproducing scenario (I dont know what this "Item I /Better Cities issue" is) / bugdump / version of WB in use or reverted to .. And its not a function I know how to use or in what circumstance (its ghosted for me so I am obviously missing something that is a precondition to it being used).

Otherwise, most people just dont follow up with enough info or even if what was suggested worked .. So as far as I know there's nothing worthy of noting that is not more than likely user error, or missing game registry settings due to Steam deleting them etc etc.

@Utumno Venutius has responded to my questions on Skyrim SE Nexus ...

Hi alt3rnlty,

The version and type of Wrye Bash I’m using is  Standalone 307.1 beta, the status line displays: 307.201612302300 (Standalone).

The version that successfully creates Dummy Masters is 304.4

When creating Dummy Masters the popup “stdout/stderr” windows shows:

RenameOp: Warning - Unable to rename temporary file from "CMOvens.esp.new.2017_12_19_00_29_05" to "". Unknown details.
RenameOp: Warning - Unable to rename temporary file from "Soup01b.esp.new.2017_12_19_00_32_05" to "à#ªàÊQ
". Unknown details.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 2435, in __Execute
  File "bash\basher\mod_links.pyo", line 141, in Execute
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3178, in refreshFile
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2421, in refreshFile
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1944, in readHeader
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 878, in open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:\\Games\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Oblivion\\Data\\Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm'

The BashBugDump.log in the Mopy folder was empty.

The Better Cities /Item Interchange bug I was referring to appears to have been fixed now.

What did happen is that when creating a new bashed patch, it would fail due to an incompatible Item Interchange Placement plugin.  The solution was to edit the plugin using TES4Edit and delete the empty records for Better Cities.  Hence I was trying to create the Dummy Masters in anticipation of fixing the issue but as I said it appears to have been fixed.

Thanks for the heads-up re FormIDs.  I must have missed that or forgotten it.  I won’t use it again unless I’m told to.

The bashdump is empty duh - he didn't run it with the -d switch

Working hard in my very limited time to smooth things out - ideally I want the beta up on Christmas - @Arthmoor or @alt3rn1ty prepare to do the honours of uploading it :P

One thing that's tough is the restore settings bug - https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/390 - won't make it, still it's an important issue to fix

It's broken to pieces but  the complication is that there are edge cases never thought of

For instance suppose that the user uses a bash.ini and the backup does not contain a bash.ini -> in this case the bash.ini of the user should be deleted to really restore settings. What should I do in this case ?