Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Same here. I've been in and out all weekend due the holiday but I did get some quality time with it this morning. Everything I've tried has been solid.

@Utumno I know the focus has been on ESLs with this last round of updates.  I purchased some more CC content for Skyrim  and I can confirm the official content is loading as it is ordered in the Skyrim.ccc file.  Is there anything else you would like me/us to test for?

I also played with this a bit to learn a bit about the UI code:

Spoiler

bait-poc.thumb.JPG.f48de87a17cb826f0aa50cc74e05f23f.JPG

Well looks like we're stable finally - will look into merging to stable branch and pack a release candidate nightly based off dev - save masters display handling may be left for 307, expect questions from users though

Frozen now, still pressed for time - merging to stable is time consuming bear in mind

@Beermotor - will find something in the code for you to tackle (actually I have an idea but that's after beta) - seems python bit you :P

Myk's BAIT O_o, that would be shiny .. one day. Looking forward to RC Nightly, will give that the most thorough testing when it goes up. Meanwhile still looking at the most recent (though I fell asleep for a big wedge of today prior to going back on night shift again)

6 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Is there still a case for links in the wizard pages to be "live" (clickable hyperlinks - and over to the default browser) or even Wrye's own?

Here's a little insight- I think it has been looked here at before though.

That would be a nice feature to have post-Beta 2. I've done a lot of wizards that have had hyperlinks in them; for now I just put a couple of newlines in front of them to make it easier to copy and paste.

@Utumno 1. Reference the NVidia Fog Fix again : But this time not for Oblivion

On the mods tab, right click a mod, go to Mod Cleaning - NVidia Fog Fix

You can do this for Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4

? = Are the values and records to be tweaked for those correct, does anyone know for sure, or is it the same as the value for Oblivion just carried over and hoped for the best ?

If its the latter, wouldn't it be better removed for now until proven needed at all for those games ?

2471hwW.png

I havent tried what it does to be honest, I dont currently trust letting it loose on changing the records of newer games plugins.

----------------------------------------

2. For ALL version of Wrye Bash (OBL / SkyLE / SkySE / FO4), on the Saves Tab

Right click a save

Is there something planned for the Copy To and Move To commands which currently do not do anything

Edit : Scratch issue 2., see Beermotors post following this.

@alt3rn1ty I can't speak to the Nvidia fog fix (I think this is Oblivion-only, or remotely possible for Skyrim LE, but definitely not SSE or FO4 because they're DX11 games) , but I use the saves management all the time.

The "Move To" and "Copy to" actions require that more than one profile is set up under the save profiles.  For example I keep broken saves under a "Broken" profile, and whenever I mess something up I put it there.

I don't think the commands do anything if you don't have multiple profiles set up.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:13 PM, Utumno said:

~ save masters display handling may be left for 307, expect questions from users though

Ehm Saves Masters Display handling seems to be fine in the recent nightly build for SSE and FO4 Bash ???

I'm confused by this because a user on SSE Bash nexus was asking about the same (but referring to FO4), and I think was using dev (though in a newer post he / she says its not complete on Utumno WIP .. Whether that means Utumno-WIP nightly build on dropbox or not IDK, so I left it unresponded to).

-----------------------------------

Anyway more feedback on latest Nightly build from me .. Cant find anything so far to moan about, apart from the NVidia fix for non-oblivion games already mentioned.

Edited the FO4, SSE and SLE Nexus descriptions, to update the line at the top declaring what official game patch is supported seeing as all of them have bumped the version a few times since that was added to the descriptions.

FO4 now at 1.10.40.0.1+

SSE now at 1.5.16.0.8+

Oldrim now at 1.9.36+

10 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Ehm Saves Masters Display handling seems to be fine in the recent nightly build for SSE and FO4 Bash ???

I'm confused by this because a user on SSE Bash nexus was asking about the same (but referring to FO4), and I think was using dev (though in a newer post he / she says its not complete on Utumno WIP .. Whether that means Utumno-WIP nightly build on dropbox or not IDK, so I left it unresponded to).

Anyway more feedback on latest Nightly build from me .. Cant find anything so far to moan about, apart from the NVidia fix for non-oblivion games already mentioned.

Yeah it has been fine for me as well, but there may be a specific use-case this user is thinking of.  I asked for clarification and reproduction steps if he/she encountered an issue so we could check it out.

Bandwidth is plentiful at La Casa de Beermotor so if I need to download a ton of mods to reproduce it I'll be glad to.

This is an issue reported from the Nexus which can wait for after Beta 2 since it is not a show-stopper issue.  I never noticed this until this user pointed it out, but I can confirm.

When operating in SSE Mode, you cannot right click a plugin and Export Stats.

I'm not sure if this was disabled intentionally or not.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:30 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

Edited the FO4, SSE and SLE Nexus descriptions, to update the line at the top declaring what official game patch is supported seeing as all of them have bumped the version a few times since that was added to the descriptions.

FO4 now at 1.10.40.0.1+

SSE now at 1.5.16.0.8+

Oldrim now at 1.9.36+

Well as of todays updates make that .. FO4 1.10.50.01 and SSE 1.5.23.08 (Nexus pages descriptions re-edited .. This could get old if they constantly update for new .ccc content forever more) ..

Edit : Version numbers as per Arthmoors following post, checked in game for both of them.

.. @Utumno And the .ccc files have been updated to include the following :

Skyrim SE

ccBGSSSE002-ExoticArrows.esl
ccBGSSSE003-Zombies.esl
ccBGSSSE004-RuinsEdge.esl
ccBGSSSE006-StendarsHammer.esl
ccBGSSSE007-Chrysamere.esl
ccBGSSSE010-PetDwarvenArmoredMudcrab.esl
ccBGSSSE014-SpellPack01.esl
ccBGSSSE019-StaffofSheogorath.esl
ccBGSSSE021-LordsMail.esl
ccMTYSSE001-KnightsoftheNine.esl
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccTWBSSE001-PuzzleDungeon.esm
ccEEJSSE001-Hstead.esl
ccQDRSSE002-Firewood.esl   <-- New

Falloout 4

ccBGSFO4001-PipBoy(Black).esl
ccBGSFO4002-PipBoy(Blue).esl
ccBGSFO4003-PipBoy(Camo01).esl
ccBGSFO4004-PipBoy(Camo02).esl
ccBGSFO4006-PipBoy(Chrome).esl
ccBGSFO4012-PipBoy(Red).esl
ccBGSFO4014-PipBoy(White).esl
ccBGSFO4005-BlueCamo.esl  <-- New
ccBGSFO4016-Prey.esl
ccBGSFO4017-Mauler.esl
ccBGSFO4018-GaussRiflePrototype.esl
ccBGSFO4019-ChineseStealthArmor.esl
ccBGSFO4020-PowerArmorSkin(Black).esl
ccBGSFO4022-PowerArmorSkin(Camo01).esl
ccBGSFO4023-PowerArmorSkin(Camo02).esl
ccBGSFO4025-PowerArmorSkin(Chrome).esl
ccBGSFO4033-PowerArmorSkinWhite.esl  <-- New
ccBGSFO4024-PACamo03.esl  <-- New

ccBGSFO4038-HorseArmor.esl
ccBGSFO4041-DoomMarineArmor.esl
ccBGSFO4042-BFG.esl
ccBGSFO4043-DoomChainsaw.esl
ccBGSFO4044-HellfirePowerArmor.esl
ccFSVFO4001-ModularMilitaryBackpack.esl
ccFSVFO4002-MidCenturyModern.esl
ccFRSFO4001-HandmadeShotgun.esl
ccEEJFO4001-DecorationPack.esl
ccGCAFO4003-FactionWS03BOS.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4005-FactionWS05HRPink.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4006-FactionWS06HRShark.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4008-FactionWS08Inst.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4009-FactionWS09MM.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4010-FactionWS10RR.esl  <-- New
ccGCAFO4007-FactionWS07HRFlames.esl  <-- New

SSE should be 1.5.23 actually. Contrary to what Bethesda's devnotes post said, on PC it reports as 1.5.23 and not 1.5.24.

Thanks Arthmoor, just checked in game to get the correct versions and re-edited descriptions again.

----------------------

Also a user on FO4 Nexus has reported that not having plugins.txt write protected gets Wrye Bash loading again .. Would that actually make Wrye Bash fail to load ?

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

When operating in SSE Mode, you cannot right click a plugin and Export Stats.

I'm not sure if this was disabled intentionally or not.

Replying to myself, it looks to be intentional. I tried copying a SSE plugin into my Oldrim data folder to see what would happen if I tried to export stats, and it threw a bugcheck.

Spoiler

unpack requires a string argument of length 16
Error loading 'WEAP' record and/or subrecord: 0447E110
  eid = u'AKDwarvenBattleaxe'
  subrecord = 'CRDT'
  subrecord size = 24
  file pos = 395248
Error in AKSkyrimUnderground.esp

So ostensibly it looks like the data in that AKDwarvenBattleAx CRDT (Crit Damage right?) record is in a value Bash wasn't expecting.

Regardless of the error, it still exports a CSV file as expected so it isn't totally broken. What do I need to research to help fix this?

I'm in no hurry mind you, I'm mostly looking at this as a learning exercise.

EDIT: I used the  Skyrim Underground mod for testing since the Skyrim and SSE versions are pretty much identical to each other.

Edited by Beermotor

Quick question.. I have a Python installation with installs for FO4/SSE/OB, with separate Bash.ini's for each, (pointing to the correct versions of xEdit, adding/removing Gecko, etc). When I use the gear icon to switch between games, it doesn't appear to be reading from the correct ini. For instance, when I start WB for Oblivion, then switch to SSE, I still get the app toolbar icons for TES4Gecko, TES4LODGen, & BOSS. Hovering over the xEdit icon displays a tooltip "Launch TES4Edit", and indeed when I click it, it loads up my Oblivion LO. Everything else appears to be correct, Installers, Mods, Saves, INI Edits, etc. I've not heard of this being reported before, so I think maybe I didn't install correctly? Anyone know if this is a bug, or error on my part?

Edit: Here's another interesting thing. I manually installed the latest WIP for just Oblivion. When I started with Oblivion then switched to SSE, it updated to current. However, when I closed, then launched WB for FO4 (on older WB version), then switched to Oblivion, it downgraded WB back to what FO4 was using.

In addition, now I'm seeing LOOT, which is in my Apps folder for FO4, but not in Oblivion. Hmmm. Maybe it's not JUST an INI thing then, since LOOT isn't in the Bash ini, but placed in the toolbar via the shortcut in the Apps folder of Mopy.

This seems to carry over to multiple game changes. Start with FO4, switch to SSE, then OB, and still see FO4 toolbar items.

Certainly not a big deal, but I thought the behavior is interesting.

If you copy an SSE mod to old skyrim expect an error, that's not a bug. There are some records that are different that I mentioned in my previous posts. WEAP was one of them.

Raven is there docs that tell you that you can specify the name of the bash.ini for each game mode? I have never seen that. From what I have seen only bash.ini is valid. Thus, you can have multiple installs of Wrye in separate folders with separate bash.ini files but not one install. Unless that's a new feature I am unaware of.

No, I keep them all named bash.ini, one in each Mopy folder for FO4/SSE/OB. Just ran the installer & chose to set up for each game, then customized the bash.ini for each accordingly. Never seen anything about renaming the bash.ini. I'll go through the docs again & see if I did everything right. Last time I checked there were some new things added about Scandir that I had not seen before & isn't in the online readme, so maybe there's something I missed.

3 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

If you copy an SSE mod to old skyrim expect an error, that's not a bug. There are some records that are different that I mentioned in my previous posts. WEAP was one of them.

Yep not a bug, I expected it to either work or throw an error. :)

What I want to know is:

• What data do I need to farm to make it work again?  I'm familiar with records and data types (part of my RL job).
  • What tools could I use to validate the data? I've been using xEdit so far but I'm wondering if TESxDump might be better.

What I know so far is that the CRDT record in LE had one Flag value "Unknown" that was a unsigned integer of some value, and in SSE there are two (xEdit shows it as two hex numbers in a single field), and I suspect this is the root cause of the error. 

@Utumno I found a few broken links in Wrye Bash General ReadMe, the Launchers for Doc Browser etc which have now moved to the Advanced ReadMe have been corrected, plus a bunch of other tool links which were either broken, moved to another site (carefully checked not to be redirects of a nefarious nature) .. Or since Sourceforge started injecting their own dodgy adware installations, have moved to their own sites to get away from them (for example Audacity http://www.audacityteam.org/ )

The general readme from the latest nightly build was used as a basis for the changes at dropbox :bunny: -->> General Readme links fixed <<-- :bunny:

Running a "vanilla" game with just USSEP and the Bashed patch (all tweak settings unchecked). Even with the BP disabled, the achievements/trophies disable warning still operates. :(

4 hours ago, RavenMind said:

No, I keep them all named bash.ini, one in each Mopy folder for FO4/SSE/OB. Just ran the installer & chose to set up for each game, then customized the bash.ini for each accordingly. Never seen anything about renaming the bash.ini. I'll go through the docs again & see if I did everything right. Last time I checked there were some new things added about Scandir that I had not seen before & isn't in the online readme, so maybe there's something I missed.

No there isn't anything I am aware of for renaming the INI file, I was just clarifying what you were doing. You just have an odd error that I have not seen. I have Wrye set up to use a bash.ini also so I can run it form a folder outside of the game folder and haven't seen that issue. Sorry I can't explain why it would do that, it shouldn't.

3 hours ago, Beermotor said:

What I know so far is that the CRDT record in LE had one Flag value "Unknown" that was a unsigned integer of some value, and in SSE there are two (xEdit shows it as two hex numbers in a single field), and I suspect this is the root cause of the error. 

I saw you wanted to export stats.  Those differences are not causing your issue. What is the issue you are having with it, other then it doesn't appear when you right click the plugin?

EDIT: If you want to export stats then just do this.