Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

We only support Wrye Bash 311 or higher.

We can not help with NMM / MO / MO2 related problems

Important: Wrye Bash needs developers. If you are familiar with the Python programming language, please consider helping with development. We ported our repository to git at github to make contributing super easy.  Our bug tracker lists everything we're aware of at present.

6837-0-1483359848.png

What does Wrye Bash do?

Wrye Bash is a powerful mod management utility for games based on Bethesda's Creation Engine. A few of its countless features are:

• Mod installation and file conflict management
  • Plugin load order management
  • Screenshot management
  • .ini tweak management
  • Clean uninstallation of mods, even conflicting ones
  • The "Bashed Patch", which allows you to increase the compatibility of mods and to configure the game to your liking via tweaks
  • Automatic detection of plugins that can be flagged as ESLs, and the option to add or remove the flag

Feedback? Comments? Questions?

Please give feedback and feel free to join the discussion at the current official thread: Wrye Bash (Oblivion, Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 4) or via the Wrye Bash Discord. Be sure to read the first post for information on installation, troubleshooting, reporting bugs etc. If you are having trouble, you'll find many friendly people there who can help.  Check out the 2nd post to see the list of known bugs, and, more importantly, whether the bug has already been fixed.

Documentation

For more information visit:

The General Readme can be launched from inside Bash by clicking the question mark icon on Bash's toolbar.

Requirements and Installation:

Short Version:

Just use the installer and install to the Skyrim Special Edition folder! When you install dependencies, just install them to their default locations.

Long Version:

There are two versions available: the Python version and the Standalone version. They are functionally equivalent. Most people should run the Standalone version since it is slightly simpler (no external Python components to install). The Python version allows you to follow the rapidly developed code.

Dependency installation for the Python version can be automated with pip. See the installation sections on the Advanced Readme for detailed instructions.

Note that the 32-bit versions are required even if you are on a 64-bit operating system

Then:

• For manual installations of either the Standalone or Python versions, extract the archive in your Skyrim Special Edition game folder so that the Mopy directory appears in the Skyrim Special Edition directory
  • For Python versions, run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw
  • For WBSA (Wrye Bash StandAlone), run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash.exe

Remember! In Windows Vista and up, don't install Skyrim Special Edition in the Program Files folder due to User Account Control!
See Also File Permissions

Version History:

For changes from all previous versions, see the Version History.

Edited by Utumno

Bug tracking and progress towards 312. Here's a rundown of what the next release will contain, as well as a list of all known bugs and requested enhancements. Links lead to the github issue tracker. If you have information or opinions pertaining to any particular bug or enhancement, please comment at the tracker link. If you have screenshots or sample files, you can attach them (or a link to them) to the trackers too. Any information helps but keep the posts at the tracker as technical as possible! Users who have reported bugs and are updating from git: please check the following for any closed/fixed bugs. Confirmation of the fix would be much appreciated. 

Upcoming release 312:

Closed issues: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/milestone/15?closed=1

The bugs mentioned fixed are fixed in the stable development version, you can download the python files from here: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/dev.zip

Remaining bugs and enhancements: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues?q=is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+milestone%3A312

Known bugs:

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues?q=sort%3Aupdated-desc+is%3Aopen+label%3AC-bug+

Requested features:

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues?q=sort%3Aupdated-desc+is%3Aopen+label%3AC-enhancement

WIP BUILDS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iazpayeexiyazeh/AAAbGeVHrlIksp2AFgI4w48Oa?dl=0&lst=

Edited by Utumno

It feels great to see the WB thread here.  Thanks for your hard work and good luck, you're gonna need it. :)

12 hours ago, Utumno said:

It makes it safe to try out new mods because it will restore everything to the way it was when you uninstall a mod

I just want to know if what people say about this is true or not, because some people says that WB will not remove all installed files properly when the user uninstall an archive in BAIN.  Is that true?

@Utumno

After the closure of the "original Beth" forum there was no place to write about WB, for me. (new Beth forum... I prefer to get a diarrhea)

I'm glad you've opened up the possibility of doing this in normal conditions.

5 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I just want to know if what people say about this is true or not, because some people says that WB will not remove all installed files properly when the user uninstall an archive in BAIN.  Is that true?

Not entirely true. There have been old versions which needed bugs fixed, Utumno fixed them, no problem anymore ..

.. But there is a case or two where files can be left installed but thats not Wrye Bash fault, its by design :

Any files you install with Wrye Bash are indexed, along with their unique CRCs

If you manually edit a file after it is installed, its CRC changes, and Wrye Bash then treats that file as manually installed by the user (it no longer matches the file installed by Wrye Bash from any BAIN) and should not be touched by Wrye Bash unless you tell it to re-install the original files from BAINs and overwrite it .. Then Wrye Bash will also be able to remove the same file/s again.

Also in the cases where people are using multiple mod managers at the same time .. Which mod manager installed what ?, again if a file CRC does not match an equivalent inside a BAIN then it will not uninstall it, and if Wrye Bash has no record at all of installing a file (no CRC to check against, or any index entry for the file) .. its also not touched by Wrye Bash (for example a user may have installed a mod with Nexus Mod Manager (which they use to auto download updates from nexus straight into Bash Installers folder) many moons ago and forgot, and even though he may have the BAIN (because that is where he configured the mods zip to be stored in NMM), did not actually install it with Wrye Bash .. but has forgotten that little detail so wonders why Wrye Bash will not uninstall the files which NMM originally installed).

Other files not touched by Wrye Bash include the Bash_Default.ini, if you have renamed it as Bash.ini and started using it, the Wrye Bash Installer / Uninstaller will not touch that file in the case of updates because again its a user edited file which Wrye Bash did not install. And any bash settings files generated will also be left installed so that should you re-install Wrye Bash (say after updating it with a new Wrye Bash installer) your settings and mods etc will still be setup the same way and so will Wrye Bash Interface.

Wrye Bash does however have a "Clean Data" command (right click on the Installers Tab header Bar), which will remove any files not native to the game itself, and not installed by Wrye Bash, but it warns you about the action about to be done just as a check the user really does want to do that ( we have seen people complain that files were removed when they did not want them removed, and it transpired during the conversation that they had used the Clean Data command .. But did not read the warning :facepalm:)

Its all in the Installing/Uninstalling Via BAIN section of the General ReadMe ( worth a read sometime, might help the people talking about such problems to determine what Wrye Bash is supposed to do and what it is not supposed to do and maybe they will report any discrepancies along with the version of Wrye Bash in use at the time :P (for all we know they may still be using for example that dev fork which Sharlikran was experimenting with for a while, which did not have that genuine bug fixed .. But people were grabbing it because it was 'an update' and not just to help beta test development which Sharlikran was trying to help the project with)) :

To uninstall any package from the Installers tab select the package and right click on it, then select Uninstall. This will uninstall all Matched files. However, BAIN will not uninstall Mismatched files. A Mismatched file is a file that has been altered after it was installed. The reason BAIN does not uninstall Mismatched files is BAIN has no way of tracking the source of the alteration if it was not done through BAIN. For example, if the file was altered because it was replaced by another mod that was installed manually, then uninstallation of the Mismatched file may not be desirable. On the other hand, if the file was altered because it was cleaned or edited with TESxEdit, or because it was an ini file that was edited with a text editor, then it may be desired to uninstall the Mismatched file along with the package that it came from. Such files could be deleted from the data folder manually, but there is an easy way to do this through BAIN. Before uninstalling the mod, first select the package and right click on it, then select Install. This will overwrite any Mismatched files with the version of the file contained in the package, making them Matched. Now select Uninstall and BAIN will uninstall all installed files associated with this package. You can also uninstall packages that BAIN hasn't installed, which will remove any installed files that match the ones in the package. This is useful for cleaning out mods that were manually installed. Of course you need to add the packages to BAIN first. Uninstalling via BAIN respects the ownership of files, ie. uninstalling a mod that contains files also installed by a mod listed lower in the installation order will not uninstall the lower mod's files. See the next section, BAIN Package Order for more on this. However, if the Auto-Anneal option is enabled (the default), then files from other packages previously overridden by the uninstalled package's files will be automatically restored. 

Basicly : I use Wrye Bash exclusively, to install / uninstall / manage my games installation (from Oblivion through to Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4), and never have any problems. People who choose to complicate the picture with other mod managers and forget when they have manually edited any installed files may have problems, but those cases these days are none of Wrye Bashes fault as far as we know, any bugs in that regard are history.

Occasionally there have been hiccups in development versions, but thats par for the course if you are testing dev, and should be brought to the attention of Utumno. I would highly recommend the Installer linked at the end of the second post currently "307 WB WIP standalone" (files uploaded to DropBox), performance is brilliant and seems to be very stable in all of its operations so far for me.

@Utumno

Saw your post on the bethesda topic, but cant help for a week or two until I get home again (password for bethesda is remembered by my browser at home, its long and very unique so impossible to remember). I wonder if you would be better asking moderators to close that one and start afresh now that you are past the forum newby stage ? (I dont know for sure if that would work and allow you to make better and re-editable first and second posts - I would have thought you could edit the first post ok by now though .. unless the forum software has changed yet again and as usual brought more unforeseen problems with it)

Oh good, nice to see this posted here. Those new forums were giving me fits :P

I am also happy to see this thread. I can't stand the Bethesda.net forums.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add some information about Ghosting to the readme. I remember a while back when I loaded Wrye Bash for Skyrim before I had merged plugins with Mator's tool, a worrying message came up about having too many plugins active, and something about Ghosting and automatically disabling plugins.

I looked in the readme's for more information about what Wrye Bash had done, but I couldn't find any info. I eventually was able to Google some info from an old forum or Nexus post.

To avoid user confusion in the future, it might be worth a little write-up. I would do it myself for you, but obviously I do not know enough about the subject. :-P

Thanks, Utumno!

P.S. - Really looking forward to the next beta release. You've been doing yeoman's work. Thank you. :-)

5 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Not entirely true. There have been old versions which needed bugs fixed, Utumno fixed them, no problem anymore ..

.. But there is a case or two where files can be left installed but thats not Wrye Bash fault, its by design :

Any files you install with Wrye Bash are indexed, along with their unique CRCs

If you manually edit a file after it is installed, its CRC changes, and Wrye Bash then treats that file as manually installed by the user (it no longer matches the file installed by Wrye Bash from any BAIN) and should not be touched by Wrye Bash unless you tell it to re-install the original files from BAINs and overwrite it .. Then Wrye Bash will also be able to remove the same file/s again.

Also in the cases where people are using multiple mod managers at the same time .. Which mod manager installed what ?, again if a file CRC does not match an equivalent inside a BAIN then it will not uninstall it, and if Wrye Bash has no record at all of installing a file (no CRC to check against, or any index entry for the file) .. its also not touched by Wrye Bash (for example a user may have installed a mod with Nexus Mod Manager (which they use to auto download updates from nexus straight into Bash Installers folder) many moons ago and forgot, and even though he may have the BAIN (because that is where he configured the mods zip to be stored in NMM), did not actually install it with Wrye Bash .. but has forgotten that little detail so wonders why Wrye Bash will not uninstall the files which NMM originally installed).

Other files not touched by Wrye Bash include the Bash_Default.ini, if you have renamed it as Bash.ini and started using it, the Wrye Bash Installer / Uninstaller will not touch that file in the case of updates because again its a user edited file which Wrye Bash did not install. And any bash settings files generated will also be left installed so that should you re-install Wrye Bash (say after updating it with a new Wrye Bash installer) your settings and mods etc will still be setup the same way and so will Wrye Bash Interface.

Wrye Bash does however have a "Clean Data" command (right click on the Installers Tab header Bar), which will remove any files not native to the game itself, and not installed by Wrye Bash, but it warns you about the action about to be done just as a check the user really does want to do that ( we have seen people complain that files were removed when they did not want them removed, and it transpired during the conversation that they had used the Clean Data command .. But did not read the warning :facepalm:)

Its all in the Installing/Uninstalling Via BAIN section of the General ReadMe ( worth a read sometime, might help the people talking about such problems to determine what Wrye Bash is supposed to do and what it is not supposed to do and maybe they will report any discrepancies along with the version of Wrye Bash in use at the time :P (for all we know they may still be using for example that dev fork which Sharlikran was experimenting with for a while, which did not have that genuine bug fixed .. But people were grabbing it because it was 'an update' and not just to help beta test development which Sharlikran was trying to help the project with)) :

Basicly : I use Wrye Bash exclusively, to install / uninstall / manage my games installation (from Oblivion through to Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4), and never have any problems. People who choose to complicate the picture with other mod managers and forget when they have manually edited any installed files may have problems, but those cases these days are none of Wrye Bashes fault as far as we know, any bugs in that regard are history.

Occasionally there have been hiccups in development versions, but thats par for the course if you are testing dev, and should be brought to the attention of Utumno. I would highly recommend the Installer linked at the end of the second post currently "307 WB WIP standalone" (files uploaded to DropBox), performance is brilliant and seems to be very stable in all of its operations so far for me.

Thanks for the explaination and it had details, details that only the people behind WB plus a few testers has knowledge about, about how BAIN really work. :horkercookie:

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Oh good, nice to see this posted here. Those new forums were giving me fits :P

Same here! Thank you, Utumno! :)

8 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Thanks for the explaination and it had details, details that only the people behind WB plus a few testers has knowledge about, about how BAIN really work. :horkercookie:

Follow the link in the first post to "Documentation" General ReadMe. Then from there click 4.d. Installing / Uninstalling Via BAIN The information is readily available to everyone.

I begin to hate the markdown at Bethesda.net so much, I serious consider not to go there and post.  I just had get that off my chest. :wallbash:

Anyway, I think there is a minor bug in the installer.  Last night I reinstalled SSE and at the same time I also deleted the SSE folder and now I see why I shouldn't have done that, which unfortunately also deleted a working WB installation for SSE.

Today, I installed Skyrim CK 2 and then I continue to install WB I ran into a problem.  The problem is on my end that I always turn off UAC completely and no matter what I do I cannot launch WB for SSE, but I can launch WB for SLE.

The Bash Bugdump.txt has this Python error and the rest is for WB for SLE I think.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 117, in <module>
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 439, in main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3989, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4040, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2457, in generateNextBashedPatch
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2440, in create_new_mod
  File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4056, in safeSave
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 824, in _setmtime
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

How do I fix this, if it is possible for me to do?

Utumno will need the full bugdumplog from steam \ steamapps \ common \ skyrim special edition \ mopy \ bugdumplog.txt

You have only given part of it, so Utumno will have no idea even what version of Wrye Bash you are running currently, or whether it is Python / Standalone. If it is Standalone then you need to follow the documentation on how to generate a bugdump correctly. All things being correct with your installation, you should not have anything in there about LE.

Did you run the Wrye Bash uninstaller (in Start Menu), before re-installing Wrye Bash for Skyrim SE ? (it may help with the additional problem of you accidentally deleting part of its installation)

Also if you have re-installed Skyrim SE - Have you run the Skyrim SE launcher at least once .. Before installing Wrye Bash (if not, then the launcher has not had chance to set the game path in windows registry, so the Installer will not know you have Skyrim SE installed = You need to launch the game once first, with the games Launcher.exe, then install Wrye Bash)

The only bugdump file I have is the BashBugDump.txt and this is what it has and nothing else.

"testing UAC"

Yes, I use the latest WB beta build and install it as WBSA 307.  I also uninstall WB for SSE first then run SSE launcher and exit then I reinstall the WBSA 307.201705181249 build.

I need to ask, do I have to uninstall both WB for Skyrim or do I only need to first uninstall WB 307 for SSE then use the game launcher and after that install WB 307.201705181249?

EDIT:  I even tried to uninstall both WB then install both and only WB 307.201705181249 for SLE is working.  Granted, I cannot launch WB 307.201705181249 for SSE no matter what I do.

Ref questions before your edit :

"testing UAC" is usually all you will find in the bugdump when nothing went wrong during the last session with that games Wrye Bash

To generate the same issue you had before, do the same actions you did to make the bugdump generate errors while using Wrye Bash, then close Wrye Bash .. Then have a look at the bugdump and paste it here. (obviously you need to use a command prompt and chdir to the relevant mopy folder and then launch Wrye Bash with the command line as detailled in the documentation about generating a bugdump from standalone)

However you will also only see "testing UAC" when Wrye Bash has not launched properly .. and has therefore not made a new bugdump since the last time it ran successfully .. You mentioned you had details in your bugdump about LE, that would only be the case if you were looking at LE's bugdump, not SEs bugdump, so were you looking at the wrong one at the time ?. I'm confused as to what exactly is going wrong here to be honest, your posts are not detailled enough to help anyone trying remotely to help your situation.

I would also (as you have now) have uninstalled and re-installed both games Wrye Bash (updating both of them), but would have run the new installation of SSE games launcher first (you have not said that you took this step before installing the new Wrye Bash)

Also - What are you clicking to try and launch Wrye Bash for SSE ?

Personally I use the installer to install Wrye Bash for SSE, and FO4 (both ticked, and both with their own installation paths recognised on separate lines in the installers dialogue). Afte installation I then go into each respective games mopy folder, right click on the standalone.exe and choose "Send to .. Desktop" so I have two separate icons for each instance of Wrye Bash on the desktop, or use the ones in the Start menu.

Edit : Here's more troubleshooting tips if you have not tried them .. from the sticky post on Nexus Comments

Updating Wrye Bash :

If Wrye Bash will not start, and / or you get the message "Wrye Bash could not find a game to manage." : Run that game with the <Gamename>Launcher.exe ( Steam can delete the registry keys after a Verify Cache, or rarely after a Steam client update - The Game launcher resets windows registry keys again if it does not find them, and ensures the games can be found ). If you use another method of launching the game, you may not be aware that you have missing registry keys.

If you have previously used an older installer : Follow this routine ..
1.Close Wrye Bash. Run the new Installer.
2.Uncheck ALL tick boxes on the Installation Locations page.. Then click next until the installer finishes.
( We are merely trying to install the fixed Uninstaller )
3.Run the fixed uninstaller at %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Wrye Bash\uninstall.exe ..
( Should be in your Start Menu / All Programs / Wrye Bash / Uninstall )
4.The fixed Uninstaller will now properly complete the uninstallation.
5.Now use the New Installer again to Re-install Wrye Bash.
This is to clear confused Installations of Wrye Bash, old registry entries any previous installers have set, which can confuse subsequent installations. Dont worry about uninstalling Wrye bash during this routine, your settings will still be in place, and mods zips plus installed mods / files will remain as they were.

Problems after updating Wrye Bash :

If you experience strange Wrye Bash behaviour : Such as "Load Order Scrambling" ( or anything else strange / unexpected which is not covered by the documentation and nobody seems to be able to help )
You may have old Wrye Bash .dat files which are no longer entirely compatible with the new version of Wrye Bash, and causing random problems. As a last resort you can try deleting a few files :
1. Close Wrye Bash
2. Go into : Documents \ My games \ Skyrim \ 
3. Delete any files named with Bash in there ( BashSettings.dat / BashLoadOrder.dat )
This will reset things like Windows sizes, menu selections and settings plus your loadorder settings .. The next time you load Wrye Bash it will be as if it is a completely new installation ( Although your mods zips in Bash Installers\, and installed mods will still be in place )

If you have unexpected things happening on the Installers Tab : Go to the Installers Tab Header Bar, right click it, choose "Full Refresh", then when that completes choose "Anneal All" - Screenshot
That should solve most BAIN discrepancies between updates.

13 hours ago, Nebulous112 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add some information about Ghosting to the readme. I remember a while back when I loaded Wrye Bash for Skyrim before I had merged plugins with Mator's tool, a worrying message came up about having too many plugins active, and something about Ghosting and automatically disabling plugins.

I looked in the readme's for more information about what Wrye Bash had done, but I couldn't find any info. I eventually was able to Google some info from an old forum or Nexus post.

Missed this one :

Its in the Advanced ReadMe documentation, 4.e. Mods Tab Context Menu Commands Among the tables (Column Header commands - And Plugin Context Menu commands)

Its only really useful for Oblivion though regarding the bug with that game. The same bug is not present in Skyrim or Fallout. I think also there is more detailled info on this subject with the 307 WB WIP Standalone included documentation in the link at the end of the second post ( I cant confirm due to not being at home ), once thats installed use the Help Icon on Wrye Bash toolbar to load up the documentation and have a read of it all again, Utumno has been busy amending a lot of it and fleshing out some of the descriptions throughout.

1 hour ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Ref questions before your edit :

"testing UAC" is usually all you will find in the bugdump when nothing went wrong during the last session with that games Wrye Bash

To generate the same issue you had before, do the same actions you did to make the bugdump generate errors while using Wrye Bash, then close Wrye Bash .. Then have a look at the bugdump and paste it here. (obviously you need to use a command prompt and chdir to the relevant mopy folder and then launch Wrye Bash with the command line as detailled in the documentation about generating a bugdump from standalone)

However you will also only see "testing UAC" when Wrye Bash has not launched properly .. and has therefore not made a new bugdump since the last time it ran successfully .. You mentioned you had details in your bugdump about LE, that would only be the case if you were looking at LE's bugdump, not SEs bugdump, so were you looking at the wrong one at the time ?. I'm confused as to what exactly is going wrong here to be honest, your posts are not detailled enough to help anyone trying remotely to help your situation.

I would also (as you have now) have uninstalled and re-installed both games Wrye Bash (updating both of them), but would have run the new installation of SSE games launcher first (you have not said that you took this step before installing the new Wrye Bash)

Also - What are you clicking to try and launch Wrye Bash for SSE ?

Personally I use the installer to install Wrye Bash for SSE, and FO4 (both ticked, and both with their own installation paths recognised on separate lines in the installers dialogue). Afte installation I then go into each respective games mopy folder, right click on the standalone.exe and choose "Send to .. Desktop" so I have two separate icons for each instance of Wrye Bash on the desktop, or use the ones in the Start menu.

Edit : Here's more troubleshooting tips if you have not tried them .. from the sticky post on Nexus Comments

I've tried to do what you suggested and despite that WB for SSE simply refuse to launch even when I run it from the installer with or without the readme box checked in the installer.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me, but I think I will wait for Utumno to stop by just to hear what he has to say about this.  I have never had such a problem with WB before ever.

Wow - so here was everybody :P

Still I don't have time to monitor two threads - so keep an eye on the beth one - I posted a new nightly ( 307.201705262232 ) that solves the TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType' - leonardo you could easily produce a bugdump with Wrye Bash debug.bat (python version)

Thanks @alt3rn1ty for continued support - I enjoy reading your explanations more than our readmes, edits welcome. Re: beth posts, my gut tells me that the first post has special (idiotic) rules, so no getting away. Second post when I try to edit any link, spam filter kicks in.

@fireundubh - glad you're around, don't worry you'll get credit once 307 is out along with everyone that contributed code - your contribution was very dear to me cause I hated the nsis code and was a blocker for release, so I was glad you took that off my plate - plus you did it well.

But this project needs 1% inspiration 99% perspiration - there is a lot to be done (and done) nobody gets credit for (I never). If you have some time join discussion on github https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/260

Yep, and I have been waiting for you to stop by.

In case you miss it I don't use WB-Python, in fact I tried to use WB-Python, but the installer gave me an error message saying that connection for downloading the main Python.exe (Python2.7.x for Windows) file could not be found or similar.

I dunno why, but somehow I suspect that this could also be a reason why I can't launch WB 307 for SSE at the same time I can launch WB 307 for SLE.  I'm not entirely sure what it is.

YES!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Finally, I could launch WB 307.201705262232 for SSE and all I did was to install the latest nightly buid and violá WBSA 307 worked for SSE too.

My guess is that the WB installer cannot correct erased, without first uninstall it in Windows, WB installations only correct not working WB installations to actually work when installing a newer WB build than it were installed previously.

45 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

.. My guess is that the WB installer cannot correct erased, without first uninstall it in Windows, WB installations only correct not working WB installations to actually work when installing a newer WB build than it were installed previously.

Yes, thats why we have the procedure in the sticky post on nexus which says to use the new installers uninstaller first (so basicly you install, then uninstall, then install again) - Thats why fireundubh's work on the NSIS installer scripts was very much appreciated, it corrected older installer mistakes in windows registry.

When you said you had tried everything I suggested .. I kind of had my doubts :P

If you have previously used an older installer : Follow this routine ..
1.Close Wrye Bash. Run the new Installer.
2.Uncheck ALL tick boxes on the Installation Locations page.. Then click next until the installer finishes.
( We are merely trying to install the fixed Uninstaller )
3.Run the fixed uninstaller at %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Wrye Bash\uninstall.exe ..
( Should be in your Start Menu / All Programs / Wrye Bash / Uninstall )
4.The fixed Uninstaller will now properly complete the uninstallation.
5.Now use the New Installer again to Re-install Wrye Bash.
This is to clear confused Installations of Wrye Bash, old registry entries any previous installers have set, which can confuse subsequent installations. Dont worry about uninstalling Wrye bash during this routine, your settings will still be in place, and mods zips plus installed mods / files will remain as they w 

I'll try to remember that, but also remember where I can read the information should I forget what I needed to do to correct a corrupt WB installation. :)

:) Just use the installer from now on with all updates, its very reliable. And the problem is now cleared from your system (unless you decide to try an older installer again .. which would put you back to where you were yesterday with the same infuriating problem). The one thats up on nexus now (307.beta.1) was the first one to include the new fixed Installer scripts, so worst case scenario thats the one to revert to .. But you would lose a lot of improvements if you go that far back.

I think a lot of people are still wary of the installer, but they dont have any need to be anymore, so long as the first time they run the new installer they do that routine .. Thereafter its all gravy. I think some of the problems with the installer probably were due to my dabbling with it as an NSIS newby a few years ago when the old team vanished, fixed a fair few problems but probably created a bad new one too. 

( Tip: But now you are on the 307 WB WIP standalone, each time there is an update from Utumno, keep the last installer aswell, then should there be any unforeseen hiccups, report them to Utumno .. And then you can use the uninstaller in the start menu, and then install your older "last known good" 307 WB WIP standalone - I had about 12 versions at one point I could rewind back to various scenarios of reproducing issues, right now I only have two because there is only one historical pending test I need to do which Utumno has just fixed in the most recent upload - Well when I get home again that is )

4 hours ago, Utumno said:

Thanks @alt3rn1ty for continued support - I enjoy reading your explanations more than our readmes, edits welcome.

Will give that bit another look when I get home again, see if it could benefit at all from me having a reword here and there.

Wish I could get hold of the new version right now and test the fixes, will grab when I am able to.

51 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

:) Just use the installer from now on with all updates, its very reliable. And the problem is now cleared from your system (unless you decide to try an older installer again .. which would put you back to where you were yesterday with the same infuriating problem). The one thats up on nexus now (307.beta.1) was the first one to include the new fixed Installer scripts, so worst case scenario thats the one to revert to .. But you would lose a lot of improvements if you go that far back.

I think a lot of people are still wary of the installer, but they dont have any need to be anymore, so long as the first time they run the new installer they do that routine .. Thereafter its all gravy. I think some of the problems with the installer probably were due to my dabbling with it as an NSIS newby a few years ago when the old team vanished, fixed a fair few problems but probably created a bad new one too. 

( Tip: But now you are on the 307 WB WIP standalone, each time there is an update from Utumno, keep the last installer aswell, then should there be any unforeseen hiccups, report them to Utumno .. And then you can use the uninstaller in the start menu, and then install your older "last known good" 307 WB WIP standalone - I had about 12 versions at one point I could rewind back to various scenarios of reproducing issues, right now I only have two because there is only one historical pending test I need to do which Utumno has just fixed in the most recent upload - Well when I get home again that is )

You kow, in contrast to you, I've kept every WB307 Stand Alone I had downloaded, so that's a minor problem for me.  But thanks for the advice.