Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

2 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

ESL flag has 0000000000 impact on load order
an .esp behaves exactly the same, no matter if it has the ESL flag or not
FormID prefix has nothing to do with load order
01, 02, FE000, 03, FE001, ... that's a valid load order
load order is determined by the order in which the modules load. at which point they are assigned the next full or light slot depending on the ESL flag
the ESL flag does not change the load order

Unordered lists are easier to handle.

Suppose we have 4000 of the things- it's not going to look nice on the WB tabs. The option of having them either merged or filtered out in the mods tab might be better.

The only way it can be done is to snapshot or dump what's in the save header each load and use that as the current comparator. Then match the alphabetic list to it. Checking the changing order of mods in the save header might be a thing as well. Snapshot that on load and see. Best trialed on a small mod load. There's a tiny one here if you want to test.

I apologize but I cant keep commenting on things that I have no control over. I didn't make the esl feature Bethesda did. In doing so there is no way to do what you ask. As always if you find someone to volunteer to make an skse plugin that saves the order of the plugins with a file name that matches the save, and python code to associate the output with the exact save so they match then have them submit a pull request.

• 4 weeks later...

When I try to access the program it immediately crashes and provides the below information. I have been banging my head against the wall for a couple hours trying to figure it out. Now I am just doing what the error message is telling me to do, I feel the fixing is a little beyond me. Any insight would be appreciated.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 227, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 393, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4021, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2726, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1382, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1358, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1277, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 393, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 274, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 405, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1108, in readHeader
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 62, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 78, in load_header
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 88, in load_image_data
OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C long

@acidblood719 Go to the second post, download 307.201807311531 and use that instead. If the error persists then please run Wrye Bash with the -d parameter. However, if you used the EXE installer it will have added shortcuts to the start menu that say they will run Wrye Bash in debug mode. That error log produced in Debug mode is better because it shows more information, specifically the version of Wrye Bash and which game you are using this with.

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting

Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201807040057 (Standalone)

OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1

Python version: 2.7.12

wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)

input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')

filesystem encoding: mbcs

command line: ['D:\\Games\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '-d']

Using scandir 1.5

bash.py 286 _main: Searching for game to manage:

bush.py 80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:

bush.py 82 _supportedGames: Oblivion: D:\Games\Oblivion

bush.py 82 _supportedGames: Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

bush.py 82 _supportedGames: Skyrim: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

bush.py 140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:

bush.py 146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim found in parent directory of Mopy: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

bush.py 161 __setGame: Using Skyrim game: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

testing UAC

mods_metadata.pyo 230 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.13.2

load_order.pyo 254 _update_cache: Error updating load_order cache

Wrye Bash encountered an error.

Please post the information below to the official thread at:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4018, in InitData

File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1955, in refresh

File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1702, in _modinfos_cache_wrapper

File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1810, in refreshLoadOrder

File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 300, in refresh_lo

File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 250, in _update_cache

File "bash\games.pyo", line 227, in get_load_order

File "bash\games.pyo", line 246, in _cached_or_fetch

File "bash\games.pyo", line 676, in _fetch_load_order

KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Skyrim Unbound.esp')

Got the above after re-installing with the latest copy from the Nexus. Skyrim SE and Oblivion are fine, but Skyrin LE instance won't start.

42 minutes ago, Malonn said:

What's the chance of getting a newer stable release of the standalone Bash?  The one linked on the front page is from July.

Discord. I think the latest builds are going over there now.

4 hours ago, Malonn said:

What's the chance of getting a newer stable release of the standalone Bash?  The one linked on the front page is from July.

The stable build is the one from the second post. There haven't been other updates to the back end of things except for some experimentation with ESL flagged files. Nothing official.

Oh okay.  Yeah the second post has the standalone from July.  So that's the latest stable.  I've been running it for a while without a single issue so I guess I don't have anything to complain about.  I just kinda assumed that standalone's get skipped over more than Python builds.

Thanks for clearing it up.

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • A vanilla installation of Skyrim SE was used with no mods.
  • Wrye Bash 307 Beta3 - Installer, I installed the standalone version.
  • Bug description
    • I ran the installer file for wrye bash, left everything on default and clicked next until the installation was complete. I then proceeded to run the Wrye Bash executable found within my Skyrim SE Mopy folder (G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy).
    • I expected Wrye Bash to run and display on my screen
    • The Wrye Bash logo displayed and an error showed.
  • Wrye Bash encountered an error.
    https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3986, in Init
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3645, in __init__
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3418, in __init__
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 1734, in __init__
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 251, in __init__
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 212, in __init__
      File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1702, in __init__
      File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1815, in PopulateItems
      File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1760, in PopulateItem
      File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 760, in <lambda>
      File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 188, in formatDate
      File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 124, in decode
    LookupError: unknown encoding: cp65001

Edit - Resolved the issue by using the stable version linked in the second post.

I was installing wrye bash (307 beta 3) from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837/?tab=files    and    also tried from  https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22368   (it will both install bash I know this)  it worked when during the installation I checked that I wanted to open wrye bash for Oblivion, but when I went to open the application after the installation I kept getting errors on startup: 

Wrye Bash encountered an error.

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 260, in _main
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bethesda Softworks\\Oblivion\\Mopy\\BashBugDump.log'

-This was with the beta 3 for skyrim download and the oblivion download also gave me errors on startup

Note: I can use wrye bash if I install and check the open for oblivion box, but cannot run the application on its own after installation

I have tried to install this several times...

Some help would be nice although I don't know if this is where I should be posting this, but screw it. The error told me to do so:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/

23 hours ago, UltraSoundQuality said:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bethesda Softworks\\Oblivion\\Mopy\\BashBugDump.log' 

Please read the docs. We have no control over system issues. For over 6 years all tool authors, including xEdit and LOOT say don't install in Program files.

@Utumno I know you have not had much time to work on things but someone reported that the strings files can't be found for a mod. So I tested it and I rebuilt the strings files and the archive and it still couldn't find them. And I use the official tools.

The BA2 is formatted as "Name Name - Main.ba2" exactly like that. There is not a specific file that people use in other words people normally don't break up the archives into textures and interface and then main for the rest.

How does wrye-bash look for the strings files for Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 4?

No, because the issue with the citadel doors is because of where the center point on the mesh is located. Best you can do is let the merge patches function deal with it.

After getting my plugins just right I started up Wrye Bash 307.20180731 to create the bashed patch and Kaspersky decided it was a Trojan and deleted it. It then "restored" plugins.txt to "rollback malware changes" leaving it somehow total scrambled garbage. Boo Kaspereky! Afterwards, I just did an update to Kaspersky and restored plugins.txt from a backup to redo my changes, and was able to run normally.

03.12.2018 16.49.21;Malware deleted;PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic;Wrye Bash;c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout 4\mopy\wrye bash.exe;12/03/2018 16:49:21

So, beware! Make sure you create a copy of your plugins.txt.

Good morning, today when I tried using Wrye Bash to play Oblivion it pop up whit this information:

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4017, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1735, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1268, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1350, in _initDB
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1263, in _initDB
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1720, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1512, in load
UnpicklingError: A load persistent id instruction was encountered,
but no persistent_load function was specified.

I don´t remember doing anything with the configuration or the files in wrye bash.

I´m using the latest version of wrye bash from Nexus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody - been crazy busy but now I have a holiday and some time to look back at bash - I reply here to recent comments but if an issue still needs attention please link me to the relevant post - no time to go through all the pages.

Now - there is much discussion on esls - if someone can point me to a technical overview of the current status of affairs I would gladly spend some thought on it - where is the technical discussion taking place? Discord ?

On 11/29/2018 at 10:27 AM, Sharlikran said:

@Utumno I know you have not had much time to work on things but someone reported that the strings files can't be found for a mod. So I tested it and I rebuilt the strings files and the archive and it still couldn't find them. And I use the official tools.

The BA2 is formatted as "Name Name - Main.ba2" exactly like that. There is not a specific file that people use in other words people normally don't break up the archives into textures and interface and then main for the rest.

How does wrye-bash look for the strings files for Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 4?

Bash should looks  to match ModName...bsa/b2a

On 12/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, Jakonafiro said:

Good morning, today when I tried using Wrye Bash to play Oblivion it pop up whit this information:

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4017, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1735, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1268, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1350, in _initDB
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1263, in _initDB
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1720, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1512, in load
UnpicklingError: A load persistent id instruction was encountered,
but no persistent_load function was specified.

I don´t remember doing anything with the configuration or the files in wrye bash.

I´m using the latest version of wrye bash from Nexus. 

Please try the second post file - strange error looks like corruption

--------

After a long while of inactivity @Ganda packed a new standalone that also contains his fomod installer !!!

Check out the exe here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewr6vxwhgq0zhpv/Wrye Bash 307.201812190031 - Standalone Executable.7z?dl=0

while we are working with Ganda for a full package (installer and all)

On 12/18/2018 at 5:46 PM, Utumno said:

Bash should looks  to match ModName...bsa/b2a

The reason i asked is because the author of this mod said that Wrye bash doesn't see strings files. I downloaded it and installed it and it is correct. Refer to my previous post as I used official tools to rebuild all files and that did not resolve the error. The authors mod will reproduce the issue.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:03 PM, Sharlikran said:

The reason i asked is because the author of this mod said that Wrye bash doesn't see strings files. I downloaded it and installed it and it is correct. Refer to my previous post as I used official tools to rebuild all files and that did not resolve the error. The authors mod will reproduce the issue.

I have no time for that now, unfortunately, could you post me an issue (with all relevant info and steps to reproduce) so it's not forgotten?

Ok - I updated the second post and redirected to Gandas dropbox complete with installer and source:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3s5m6k0iq2wbpaf/AADCmdGQKUIZlSSZUEAB5t8Fa?dl=0

@Ganda Thanks! If you have a new build dump it into the same folder and it will work out of the box (I guess it's a folder link)

Edited by Utumno
Edit - new link

My first post here=) First-off, immense THANK YOUS to YOU Sharlikran, and The Team, for your huge contributions to the Modding Community over the years. YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

Attempting to launch Wrye through Vortex for Skyrim SE (target path to Wrye's .exe set-up properly in Vortex's dashboard as far as I know). Get the following error:

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 260, in _main
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files\\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\\Vortex\\BashBugDump.log'

Wrye works perfectly fine if I just launch it via it's own executable, just not through Vortex.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong=) Thanks again for all you guys do.