Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

56 minutes ago, godescalcus said:

@alt3rn1ty, may I ask, how are you using Smash and Wrye Bash together? Do you use both the Bashed Patch and the Smashed Patch?

At the moment for personal use I am only interested in Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 .. So not using anything for previous Fallouts / Slyrim LE / Oblivion, those are not installed.

For managing mods on both Skyrim SE and Fallout 4, I use Wrye Bash exclusively as my only mod manager.

I am also using Wrye Bash to Launch Mator Smash from Wrye Bash Toolbar, for Patching :

Fallout 4 is Mator Smash - Wrye Bash can only do levelled lists for that game, and for the few mods I have Mator Smash does the whole job of patching without any issues. So I have no use for a Bashed Patch in its current state for Fallout 4.

Skyrim SE is a mixture - I use a Bashed Patch purely for its Tweaks, and then I do a Smashed Patch using Bash.All setting (which auto detects Bash Tags needed in a similar fashion to fireundubh Bash Tag script before it Smashes a patch together).

I dont have any mods which can be fully merged.

The only tricks Smash can not pull of is mods which can be fully merged and disabled wont be, and all the Tweaks, so use Bashed Patch for those, and then Smash all else using Bash.All ..

0z0kjNd.png

ywG0agr.png

Many thanks! Only doing SSE here. My list is (for the most part, at least) conflict resolved with a manual xEdit patch and I fix things as I detect them. Is smash really a hassle-free conflict resolution tool? A lot of the decisions I make with xEdit are simply arbitrary, what to carry and what not. How does Smash do the "guesswork"? Sorry if I sound skeptical, I'm usually very keen on experimenting new tools and I don't really understand what's keeping me from trying Smash - maybe that I don't really understand the advantage.

I posted here on the Smash thread about a complicated procedure to merge the plugins that the bashed patch would merge using Merge Plugins standalone, then make a tweaks patch, then use Smash for leveled lists and whatnot (I really wish I knew what the 'whatnot' is). A lot of trouble to replace a single click in Wrye Bash, to what advantage - that's what I'm failing to get at.

And thanks again for the first scratch of your future pictorial guide to Smash? ;)

First I have heard of a Smash Pictorial Guide, anyone can feel free to crack on with that, I hope one day to finish off the Wrye Bash ones but there's no point doing that until Wrye Bash is near completion in supporting all the patchers it needs to for all the games it supports. Which I think is still a long time away

This is a bit off topic for Wrye Bash topic, but the answers are in Mator Smash description, it also does sub-records which Wrye Bash doesn't ..

Q: How does this compare to the bashed patch?
A: Wrye Bash 307.beta2's Skyrim Bashed Patch only handles conflicts in LVLI, LVLN, and LVSP records. 

To compare, Mator Smash handles conflicts in AACT, ACHR, ACTI, ADDN, ALCH, AMMO, ANIO, APPA, ARMA, ARMO, ARTO, ASPC, ASTP, AVIF, BOOK, BPTD, CAMS, CELL, CLAS, CLDC, CLFM, CLMT, COBJ, COLL, CONT, CPTH, CSTY, DEBR, DIAL, DLBR, DLVW, DOOR, DUAL, ECZN, EFSH, ENCH, EQUP, EXPL, EYES, FACT, FLOR, FLST, FSTP, FSTS, FURN, GLOB, GMST, GRAS, HAIR, HAZD, HDPT, IDLM, IMAD, IMGS, INFO, INGR, IPCT, IPDS, KEYM, KYWD, LAND, LCRT, LENS, LGTM, LIGH, LSCR, LTEX, LVLI, LVLN, LVSP, MATO, MATT, MESG, MGEF, MISC, MOVT, MSTT, MUSC, MUST, NPC_, OTFT, PACK, PARW, PBAR, PBEA, PCON, PERK, PFLA, PGRE, PHZD, PMIS, PROJ, PWAT, QUST, RACE, REFR, REGN, RELA, REVB, RFCT, RGDL, SCEN, SCOL, SCPT, SCRL, SHOU, SLGM, SMBN, SMEN, SMQN, SNCT, SNDR, SOPM, SOUN, SPEL, SPGD, STAT, TACT, TREE, TXST, VOLI, VTYP, WATR, WEAP, WOOP, WRLD, and WTHR records.

Is any progress being made on Fomod support for Skyrim LE/SE ? I recall someone saying they would work on it about 5-6 months ago.

On 5/18/2018 at 1:35 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

New problem with the latest nightly build

SSE - On the mods tab, right click and delete a plugin

Then go to the Installers Tab

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3496, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2841, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1490, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2886, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2108, in refreshTracked
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 763, in size
  File "genericpath.pyo", line 57, in getsize
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\SmashPatch.esp'

This was a plugin created by Mator Smash while Wrye Bash was running, came back to Wrye Bash after generating the new Smashed Patch.esp, then right click and deleted the older SmashPatch.esp (thats not a typo, I had two plugins generated by Mator Smash and one was no longer required) .. Then went to the Installers Tab

I tried doing a repro for a full bug dump, but guess what .. It aint happenin' so far :(

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201805122101 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.17134
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  229 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.13.2

Hmm, will attempt a fix - was the SmashPatch.esp modified outside Bash before it got deleted (so before you refocused on Bash)?

On 5/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, Dubious said:

Test using "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180420_2117" (WB307) against Fallout New Vegas on Win7SP1.

Whenever switching from WF17 to WB307 (regardless of how many times this has previously occurred), it detects a "different version of WB" settings were previously used and offers to save them.  Closing WB307 causes the settings file which was backed up to be deleted from the save location.  This is not so much of a problem as the settings from WB307 seem to be acceptable to WF17 (other than ignoring the "order" in both "Mods" or "Installers" tabs), but sort of defeats the entire purpose of creating a backup.  I only happened to determine this was a "feature" of WB307 because I had the folder open to confirm the file was actually created and saw it deleted upon closing WB.

Suggested improvement would be to prompt for the backup only if there were no files matching that WB version present in the destination folder, and leave it for the user to clean out older "date/time stamp versions".  This is only going to be an issue until the patcher gets updated for FO3/FNV, negating the need to switch back and forth between versions of WB, but that may take awhile.

-Dubious-

This should not happen - need more info

Meanwhile in the https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/tree/150-fo3-fnv-support python version I added debug prints for the problem 

- using your settings I could not reproduce so I guess it's an edge case bigtime - if you could try and reproduce using the debug prints I may be able to solve this

This same python branch contains a fix for @Vrugdush reported bug in (CBash changing working dir)

So, let me inquire for clarity: the "utumno-wip" branch on GitHub is not the latest and greatest any longer?  For the hotness we need to download the "150-fo3-fnv-support" branch?  The @Malonn thought he had read that somewhere in this 60+ page thread...

Test using "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180512_2101" (WB307) against Fallout New Vegas on Win7SP1.

Backup of settings to "Bash Mod Data\Backups" as "Backup Bash Settings FalloutNV (2018-05-31 03.07.34) v43-307.201805122101.7z".
File is deleted upon closing WB307.
BashBugDump.log

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201805122101
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '--debug']
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV based on sOblivionPath setting in bash.ini:  E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
barb.py  163 Apply:
barb.py  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backups\Backup Bash Settings FalloutNV (2018-05-31 03.07.34) v43-307.201805122101.7z
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 2.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 2.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, Disabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, Disabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, ~Fixed.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, ~Fixed.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, ~Fixed.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, ~Fixed.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Gameplay INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Gameplay INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs ImageSpace INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs ImageSpace INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\DarNUI Fonts.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\DarNUI Fonts.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 3.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 3.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Grass INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Grass INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Monitor INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Monitor INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Havok INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Havok INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\wtxt_teal.css <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\wtxt_teal.css
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Havok INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Havok INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Facial Morphs INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Facial Morphs INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Launcher INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Launcher INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs General INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs General INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.html <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.html
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Fonts 1, ~Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Fonts 1, ~Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.txt <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\taglist.txt <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\taglist.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs GamePlay INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs GamePlay INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Audio INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Audio INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Audio INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Audio INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 5.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 5.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Original Fonts.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Original Fonts.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Controls INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Controls INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default General INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default General INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Main INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Main INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 1.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 1.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Main INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Main INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, Disabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, Disabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bash_Groups.csv <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bash_Groups.csv
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash.ini <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\wtxt_sand_small.css <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\wtxt_sand_small.css
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Pathfinding INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Pathfinding INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Grass, Fade 4k-5k.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Grass, Fade 4k-5k.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, Default.ini

This time there was no problem using my modified version of the "bash.ini" file (with additional comments), or with switching between WB307 and WF17 using the same settings files.

-Dubious-

On 5/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, Malonn said:

So, let me inquire for clarity: the "utumno-wip" branch on GitHub is not the latest and greatest any longer?  For the hotness we need to download the "150-fo3-fnv-support" branch?  The @Malonn thought he had read that somewhere in this 60+ page thread...

Yes, you've got it!  :)

Lady Supierce, I appreciate the response.  It is as I thought, but confirmation is good to hear.

11 hours ago, Dubious said:

Test using "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180512_2101" (WB307) against Fallout New Vegas on Win7SP1.

Backup of settings to "Bash Mod Data\Backups" as "Backup Bash Settings FalloutNV (2018-05-31 03.07.34) v43-307.201805122101.7z".
File is deleted upon closing WB307.
BashBugDump.log

Reveal hidden contents

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201805122101
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '--debug']
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV based on sOblivionPath setting in bash.ini:  E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
barb.py  163 Apply:
barb.py  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backups\Backup Bash Settings FalloutNV (2018-05-31 03.07.34) v43-307.201805122101.7z
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 2.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 2.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, Disabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, Disabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, ~Fixed.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, ~Fixed.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, ~Fixed.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, ~Fixed.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Gameplay INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Gameplay INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Refraction Shader, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs ImageSpace INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs ImageSpace INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Mouse Acceleration, Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\DarNUI Fonts.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\DarNUI Fonts.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 3.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 3.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Grass INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Grass INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Monitor INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Monitor INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Havok INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Havok INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\wtxt_teal.css <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\wtxt_teal.css
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat <-- C:\Users\Lane\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\BashSettings.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Havok INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Havok INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Facial Morphs INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Facial Morphs INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Decals IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Launcher INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Launcher INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs General INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs General INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.html <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.html
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Fonts 1, ~Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Fonts 1, ~Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.txt <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\Bash Readme Template.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\taglist.txt <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\taglist.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs GamePlay INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs GamePlay INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Audio INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Audio INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Audio INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Audio INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 5.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 5.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Original Fonts.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Original Fonts.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Controls INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Controls INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Enabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Enabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default General INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default General INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Main INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Main INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 1.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Save Backups, 1.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs BackgroundLoad INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\bInvalidateOlderFiles, ~Default.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Main INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Main INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, Disabled.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Border Regions, Disabled.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\FalloutNV Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat.bak <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bashed Patch, 0.esp_Configuration.dat.bak
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Bash Patches\Bash_Groups.csv <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bash Patches\Bash_Groups.csv
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Mopy\bash.ini <-- E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\Docs\wtxt_sand_small.css <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Docs\wtxt_sand_small.css
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Pathfinding INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Pathfinding INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Default Display IMPACT INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\Grass, Fade 4k-5k.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\Grass, Fade 4k-5k.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display INI Tweaks.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\FalloutPrefs Display INI Tweaks.ini
barb.py  176 _backup_settings: FalloutNV\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, Default.ini <-- E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\INI Tweaks\iConsoleTextXPos, Default.ini

This time there was no problem using my modified version of the "bash.ini" file (with additional comments), or with switching between WB307 and WF17 using the same settings files.

-Dubious-

That's crazy - I will have to look into the code - deleting the backup file ? How can that be ? There should be no code for this, we never delete any backup files (we don't restore them either but that's a known bug and one of the few remaining fro 307)

Re: settings file - the current python wip contains debug prints for the traceback you reported:

File "bash\bash.py", line 227, in main
    _main(opts)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 393, in _main
    app.Init() # Link.Frame is set here !
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3981, in Init
    self.InitData(progress)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4023, in InitData
    bosh.iniInfos = bosh.INIInfos()
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1545, in __init__
    bass.settings['bash.ini.choice']]
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1555, in ini
    self._ini = BestIniFile(ini_path)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 941, in BestIniFile
    INICount = IniFile.formatMatch(abs_ini_path)
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.py", line 61, in formatMatch
    with path.open('r') as ini_file:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'open'

If you can reproduce the traceback with the settings you posted I would like to see the debug prints - but you need to use the current code from github

I've not been able to re-produce that traceback from the same settings files.  No initialization problem with current WB307 at all with the old settings.  (The window had to be resized, so it was using the old settings.)  I guess we chalk it up to an extreme edge case.

I have found that the deletion of the backup settings archive file includes ALL 7z files in that folder containing the word "settings" when 307.201805122101 closes.  (So much for my personal theory of an open file handle.)  I copied a 7z file with the settings for the traceback attempt into the same folder, and it was deleted along with the backup file.  Haven't tried with archives not containing the name "settings" as that shouldn't matter anyway.  I'm using 7Zip 1805.

-Dubious-

On 5/29/2018 at 8:21 PM, Utumno said:

Hmm, will attempt a fix - was the SmashPatch.esp modified outside Bash before it got deleted (so before you refocused on Bash)?

Sorry I cant remember that detail, I have been away from home for a while since that post helping an elderly relative with problems, so cant recall now exactly what I did. It may well have been.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:48 AM, alt3rn1ty said:

<snip>

WITHOUT CLOSING WRYE BASH - Run the wizard - And you will get the image no handler issue, and an entry in the bashbugdump (as previously posted)

<snip>

Now close Fallout 4 Wrye Bash

Load it again

and now run the wizard = No problems ..

<snipped image>

The problem only occurs if you try to do everything in the same session of having Wrye Bash apply the BCF, then immediately trying to run the wizard in the newly created BAIN. Shut down Wrye Bash first (I also deleted the original Armour and Keywords mod and the BCF at this stage, leaving just the new BAIN with wizard in place), then load it up again and run the new wizard = no image handler issues.

Sorry to engage in some necro here, but I also am experiencing this issue in WB 307 Standalone, and I've not been able to get any output to BashBugDump.log despite following instructions on the WB github page.

Also, as documented, shutting down WB and restarting it allows the wizard to execute normally including pulling up the correct images.

Please see attached the BCF that I am using that is causing this error to occur.

I don't see a corresponding tracking issue on Github. Maybe my search fu isn't up to snuff or one needs to be added (perhaps both)?

This BCF is applicable to the current version of the mod (as of this writing, at any rate).

More than happy to provide further testing help on this issue if asked.

Realistic Horse Eyes-6252-BCF.7z

@Utumno another possible issue that seems like a refresh issue after Wrye Bash regains focus from me Cleaning and sorting masters for a plugin with SSEEdit, then after closing SSEedit and going back to Wrye Bash, the CRC on the file did not update to the new CRC. I am still using the same Standalone as per my previous BashBugDump.

You can try right click on the Mods Tab Header bar and choose "Recalculate CRCs", and you get the message that no cached CRC issue detected .. But then close Wrye Bash and reopen it .. And the correct CRC is displayed.

Read on from this post in the LOOT topic, open the spoilers too, the issue is found to be Wrye Bash within about 6 posts on from that one.

Got an issue with Ini Tweaks: the following line is the last in the BAIN wizard:

EditINI("Data\\Ini\\Quest Log Manager.ini", "set", "tnoQLM.hide_key", Hidekey)

The mod ini file itself is set to be installed to the ini subdirectory of Oblivion\Data, which it is. On completion of the wizard there's this message:

NadaIniTweak.JPG.2519378d38e53db6f83d2d823d97ee06.JPG

In such circumstances, it would be really nice if the dropdown list in the RH pane was automatically populated with the ini list, and the ini file just installed made the active ini file, and displayed in the pane below. There is no problem, of course, with browsing to the ini file in the provided dialog and then applying the tweak to it. Now the interesting thing is, if instead, the path in the EditINI line is changed to:

EditINI("Ini\\Quest Log Manager.ini", "set", "tnoQLM.hide_key", Hidekey)

The above warning is not displayed, but the tweak is still not applied:

IniTweaksTab.JPG.32c0a1df9a43c2032bf0e03e810a6ee3.JPG

When uninstalling the mod, shouldn't the tweak be removed (as they are for mods with Oblivion.ini tweaks), as well as the mod ini file itself (with or without the corresponding tweak)?

Thanks.

@Utumno Another issue - This time from a user on FAllout 4 Nexus (plus a few other users agreeing they have the same issue)

I am running the Wrye Bash for Fallout 4 from windows start menu, right clicked with admin rights. By the was I'm using Nexus.
Logo appears, no window popup or anything, logo disappears. I have ran the debugger, this is what the debug log says (BashBugDump)

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201712232300 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.16299
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('hu_HU', 'cp1250')
bash.pyo 304 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo 76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo 78 _supportedGames: Skyrim: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo 78 _supportedGames: Fallout4: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo 136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo 142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo 156 __setGame: Using Fallout4 game: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo 227 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.1
File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 89, in <module>
File "bash\bash.pyo", line 411, in main
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3991, in Init
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4033, in InitData
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2770, in refresh
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1432, in refresh
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1408, in add_info
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1324, in add_info
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 404, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 286, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 416, in _reset_cache
File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1120, in readHeader
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 60, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 79, in load_header
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 382, in calc_time
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0\xd0'

EDIT: I GOT IT YES

So i installed Wrye Bash correctly, and I opened Wrye's folder (Where the exe is) Right clicked on it, properties, and I set it to Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Now it said this :
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 60, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 79, in load_header
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0\xd0'"

To eliminate this problem, I needed to delete all my saves from my previous installs. You need to keep the Bash folder in there with no files in it.

Tried to ran it, and now It started successfully!

Edit: There's also another issue on Skyrim SE Nexus, Vyxenne reporting a mod when merged does not work as expected, but until someone grokks patchers I dont think this will be fixable. I tried installing the mods plugin with the latest standalone, but Wrye Bash was weird with it, initially it didnt show in any patchers lists, then after reloading Wrye Bash it came up in both Merge Patcher as fully mergeable and Levelled lists.

7 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@Utumno Another issue - This time from a user on FAllout 4 Nexus (plus a few other users agreeing they have the same issue)

I can't reproduce that issue here with Utumno's latest build, so it may be fixed now.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:37 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('hu_HU', 'cp1250')

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0\xd0'"

@alt3rn1ty The error has all the information the users need.  The save game file's header has a different time date format. I have seen french save files that have different headers.  The way to correct that is for them to change the language settings to use a more standard setting similar to English. Otherwise they would have to wait an undetermined amount of time for that to be updated.

10 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

@alt3rn1ty The error has all the information the users need.  The save game file's header has a different time date format. I have seen french save files that have different headers.  The way to correct that is for them to change the language settings to use a more standard setting similar to English. Otherwise they would have to wait an undetermined amount of time for that to be updated.

All dynamically generated plugins such as SkyProc plugins were always set to load after the Bash Patch. Merged mods were never supported in the past.  The patchers rely on the record definitions which are taken from xEdit. Even with updated patchers any issue with the records would cause issues. If it has Leveled Lists then do they exceed the 255 limit?

Well on the first issue : If the error has all the information the user needs, that does not help the user understand the BashBugDump (nor me to be honest). The issue is something Wrye Bash is not handling so needs sorting out in the code ?, or at least it could warn the user the save files are in the wrong language / date format.

I dont understand you responding to that, are you saying in that case we should all understand the bashbugdump errors and not report it here for Utumno to notice (I do this because he doesn't peruse the various nexus sites) ???. Are you now working on Wrye Bash again so are back to trying to help but lost the plot a bit ???.

Second issue Dynamically generated plugins do not have anything to do with this issue, nor do merged mods (unless you have found something in the linked plugin concerned that we dont understand as well as you do?).

Try the "Rich Skyrim Merchants" mod which Vyxenne links to in her post, the x10 version of the plugin, and you will see that :

This mod is fully mergable using Wrye Bashes own Merge Patcher, it also (and unusually for a fully mergeable mod) comes up in the Levelled Lists patcher

I am talking about the Wrye Bash Rebuild Patch dialogue, in the left pane ..

Merge Patches

Levelled Lists

These two patchers for Skyrim SE Wrye Bash Rebuild Patch are supposedly working ok?, but Vyxenne is pointing out that they do not seem to be in this case, because when merged into the Bashed Patch the result in game is not as expected (which is why I say until someone on the Wrye Bash team grokks Wrye Bash Rebuild Patch "patchers" (as far as I know Utumno does not so far, as he says "I need coders"), I dont think this problem will be solveable)

Read the last sentence of mine which you quoted and look at the following Oblivion Patchers screenshot .. These are what I am talking about which I think you have missunderstood a little ..

35230-4-1501873918.png

Hi.

After a forum search of NVSE and reading the posts, I saw this issue raised but didn't see if it was resolved. (I apologize ahead of time if this has already been answered.)

So far all NVSE mods I have tried to install are greyed out as uninstallable by WB, or the NVSE folder is skipped. It's as if I have "Skip NVSE Plugins" checked in Global Skips, even though I do not.  At first I thought it was just a packaging issue but that wasn't the problem. (Aside: it seems like the NV community is the most hostile/apathetic to a BAIN friendly archive that I've run across so far. Wow, some of these packages are bad.) 

If there is a fix for this, or if there is something I am overlooking, I would really appreciate some help. (I am using WB 307.201805122101 - Standalone Executable by the way.)

I am used to repackaging FOMODs and poorly constructed archives in WB so that isn't much of an issue for me. I do however want to avoid having to manually install files as much as possible because I like to see file conflicts in the installation pane, and it is so much easier to uninstall mods cleanly if WB is managing it. There is also the possibility that I would miss that a mod needs to install something to NVSE, and that could cause issues that would be difficult to pinpoint. Is the old Wrye Flash NV found on the Nexus a better option? Or (God forbid) Mod Organizer 1/2?

Thank you to anyone that can help me.

Best regards,

Langeston

edit: Ok, so I tried the Wrye Flash NV found on the Nexus and FUBARed my Bash installers organization, but I fixed that. It seems to work with NVSE, so that's good. However, it is missing a lot of small features from the 307 WB WIP Standalone that I took for granted, enough to make it frustrating to use. I'm really hoping there is a fix or something for the WIP standalone.