Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

9 hours ago, sibir said:

All the Bashed Patch does in FO4 at the moment is merge leveled lists, try looking at it in xEdit to see what leveled list it's merging that could be causing this & from what mods.

What should i look for? Ammo 5mm round? Or It will be named like turret or something like that? 

25 minutes ago, kupa11 said:

What should i look for? Ammo 5mm round? Or It will be named like turret or something like that? 

Yeah, anything to do with turrets or ammo would be good to look at first.

I noticed that in Skyrim, the latest version has no option for the Player to check Races use all hairs during Rebuild Patch. I know this option is present in Oblivion version.

1 hour ago, ansomesa said:

this option is present in Oblivion version.

Oblivion Bash is a much more comprehensive application than later iterations.  It is the last version developed by Wrye himself.  Others have carried on his work since 2008, and have done a terrific job, but these later versions do not have the same tools offered by Mash and Bash. 

Could I get some help troubleshooting a problem?

My Oblivion standalone version of Wrye Bash 310 suddenly stopped accepting or displaying installers when I try to add them.

I've been using the same method since I started, just dragging and dropping archives onto the installers window, and until now it always accepts and displays the installer. All of a sudden it just stopped. I can drag an archive over the window and Windows does show the "Move" mouse-over text, but when I drop it nothing happens. It doesn't ask to copy the archive, and it doesn't display the installer. Even if I manually place an archive into the Bash Installers folder and restart Wrye Bash, it won't display the new installer.

I've done a little research and it seems like this is a relatively common bug, but the consensus seems to be that this happens when a mod file is corrupted. However, it sounds like Wrye Bash is supposed to alert you if a file is corrupted with a popup as well as a crossed out checkbox, and I've encountered neither. The game runs without crashing, which also makes me doubt that it's a corrupt file. I know where my Wrye Bash bug dump log is, but I don't really know what I'm looking for so it's kind of hard to read. The only other suggestion I've seen is that I'm running WB as administrator, but that can't be it, because I didn't do anything different, and in fact was working successfully in WB right before the issue arose.

I've been working my way through the Bevilex modlist, and it was working fine for all of today. Since I opened Wrye Bash this morning, I've installed all of the creature replacers and the clutter retextures down to TD's lower class clutter replacer, which was the last mod that worked properly. When I tried to add the middle and upper class ones next, nothing happened. I didn't close the window or restart anything. It was working, and then it wasn't. Other files aren't working either, so it's not those specific mods causing the issue. I thought maybe it was the fact that the suggested horse replacer needed me to deactivate the Horse Armor DLC and I rebuilt the patch wrong, but uninstalling the replacer and reactivating the DLC still didn't help.

If there's a really well known fix for this problem that I've missed, please let me know. If you need a look at my bug dump log or something else, ask and I'll try to get it to you.

@ansomesa @Pseron Wyrd I've added a Skyrim equivalent of that tweak to the newest WIP build (311.202208231119, second post in this thread). Please try that build and let me know if it works (the custom choice for that tweak is a bit arcane, see the Advanced Readme if you need help).

Updating to the WIP build did not solve the issue, it's still behaving exactly the same way. Here is my bug dump log, but nothing in it looks out of order. My only hunch is that it's using OneDrive as its file pathway for the documents folder, even though there's a copy of the files it wants in the OneDrive folder and the Documents folder. Other than that I don't have any ideas.

@zomghax92 Is that from a run where you reproduced the issue, i.e. the Installers tab went from working to non-working? If not, please reproduce that and then upload a BashBugDump of that run.

@Infernio that is the dump that I have. It looks to me like it generates a new one every time you run WB. So this copy presumably would be from when I tried to run it after I upgraded it to 311. In that case, it was already not working, so I can't show you the moment where it went from working to not working. If there's a way to go back and view older bug dumps, then could you tell it to me and I'll try to track that down?

9 hours ago, zomghax92 said:

@Infernio that is the dump that I have. It looks to me like it generates a new one every time you run WB. So this copy presumably would be from when I tried to run it after I upgraded it to 311. In that case, it was already not working, so I can't show you the moment where it went from working to not working. If there's a way to go back and view older bug dumps, then could you tell it to me and I'll try to track that down?

Infernio was saying to make sure you actually reproduced the issue & then uploaded the resulting bug dump. Running WB again will indeed overwrite the bug dump, so just run it once, reproduce the issue, then upload the resulting bug dump.

Omfg I'm such an idiot. I realized that when I manually repacked the archive of the mod I was trying to install, I accidentally changed the file extension when I added the version number. I just put "3.1", assuming that 7z would add the .7z extension automatically, but instead it thought that the extension was ".1" Then I made the same stupid mistake when I tried to test a different mod, so I assumed it was the problem for all mods. I just fixed the file extensions and WB recognized them immediately. Everything seems to be working now, thank you guys for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Its my first time using wrye bash.. I watch yt for tutorial install it..

I have read in the description of wrye bash at nexus, that I may comment here..

I have a question, I get this error message when rebuild patch..

1716644923_Screenshot(203).png.b0c38d2ccf5f31583093498d3dadd072.png

How to fix it? I really appreciate it for an answer. Thanks..

5 hours ago, Aryto said:

Hi,

Its my first time using wrye bash.. I watch yt for tutorial install it..

I have read in the description of wrye bash at nexus, that I may comment here..

I have a question, I get this error message when rebuild patch..

1716644923_Screenshot(203).png.b0c38d2ccf5f31583093498d3dadd072.png

How to fix it? I really appreciate it for an answer. Thanks..

Is this for Skyrim SE or LE?

Less likely to get lost here than on Discord:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1807, in __Execute
  File "bash\balt.py", line 815, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\mod_links.py", line 1492, in Execute
  File "bash\basher\mod_links.py", line 1541, in _exec_flip
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 554, in set_esm_flag
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1037, in update_onam
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1038, in <genexpr>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for >>: 'FormId' and 'int'

Got this when telling WB to add an ESM flag to a .esp file. The error caused the operation to fail, but WB still updated the plugins.txt file to move the mod int what was now an incorrect position.

@Aryto, for the first traceback, is ShorelinesLE.esp an LE or SE mod? From the name, I'm assuming it's an LE mod, but that unexpected subrecord is SE-exclusive. I'm therefore assuming it was made in the SE Creation Kit & improperly back-ported (though, I'm not aware of any way to properly back-port SE mods as there certainly isn't an official way). If it was indeed back-ported to LE, the issue should be reported to whoever back-ported it. For the other tracebacks, try the WIP build linked in the second post. If you still get tracebacks, please post the bug dump in WB's installation folder.

19 hours ago, sibir said:

@Aryto, for the first traceback, is ShorelinesLE.esp an LE or SE mod? From the name, I'm assuming it's an LE mod, but that unexpected subrecord is SE-exclusive. I'm therefore assuming it was made in the SE Creation Kit & improperly back-ported (though, I'm not aware of any way to properly back-port SE mods as there certainly isn't an official way). If it was indeed back-ported to LE, the issue should be reported to whoever back-ported it. For the other tracebacks, try the WIP build linked in the second post. If you still get tracebacks, please post the bug dump in WB's installation folder.

Hi, I want to report..
I've tried the WIP build and still get the same message.

After I read "It was made in the SE Creation Kit & improperly back-ported" So, I tried to re-save in my CK then I used apply script from TES5Edit and it worked, no tracebacks message when I rebuild patch again.. Thanks.. :)

Why wxPython?  Innocent curiosity.  Because someone chose it once upon a time, and now it would require too much refactoring to switch to a different framework?

40 minutes ago, Malonn said:

Why wxPython?  Innocent curiosity.  Because someone chose it once upon a time, and now it would require too much refactoring to switch to a different framework?

Pretty much. Wrye originally chose wxPython even as far back as Wrye Mash, and switching to something else would be a lot of work. There is an open issue related to de-hardcoding the use of wx in WB, but it's still ongoing. If someone hypothetically wanted to switch to a different gui lib, it would be best to wait for (or help close) that issue.

I've also been told that TKinter is ugly in comparison.

38 minutes ago, XJDHDR said:

Pretty much. Wrye originally chose wxPython even as far back as Wrye Mash, and switching to something else would be a lot of work. There is an open issue related to de-hardcoding the use of wx in WB, but it's still ongoing. If someone hypothetically wanted to switch to a different gui lib, it would be best to wait for (or help close) that issue.

I've also been told that TKinter is ugly in comparison.

Gotcha, gotcha.  I would not recommend switching to tkinter.  It's not comprehensive enough.  Now, Qt (the PyQt6 or PySide wrappers) has all you could want in a GUI framework.  Very modern.  wxPython doesn't look bad, and I am not aware of any draw backs in comparison to Qt, but I thought I read it just doesn't have as much to offer.  But, in the end, someone has to tackle the keyboard.