Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Uhm, well, hello.... 

Unfortunately... I broke it. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, so I'm stuck... I don't suppose one of y'all could lend a hand...?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 268, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 444, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4275, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4303, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2265, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1682, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2467, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1658, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1558, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 477, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 263, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1221, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 496, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 279, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 744, in readHeader
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 580, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 432, in load
  File "bash\brec\common_records.pyo", line 117, in loadData
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 608, in loadData
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc6 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

4 minutes ago, HylianWerewolf said:

Uhm, well, hello.... 

Unfortunately... I broke it. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, so I'm stuck... I don't suppose one of y'all could lend a hand...?

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 444, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4275, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4303, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2265, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1682, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2467, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1658, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1558, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 477, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 263, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1221, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 496, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 279, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 744, in readHeader
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 580, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 432, in load
  File "bash\brec\common_records.pyo", line 117, in loadData
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.pyo", line 608, in loadData
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc6 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Please try the WIP build (in the second post) to see if it's already been fixed. If not, please upload a bug dump.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi- I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97 and will not go to any of the AE builds unless I perceive some value to me of doing so. Much of my resistance is due to the user-hostile, game-breaking way Bethrosoft tried to shove the 1.6.xxx builds up my Todd. Just no.

I realize that I am probably a minority of one and that most WB users are no doubt clamoring for even more options to select on the way to performing the most mundane of tasks, i.e. Rebuilding the Bashed Patch.

That said, here is my workflow every time I need to rebuild my Bashed Patch (accepting the default options because I have no idea what any of them means):

• Click my Vortex shortcut to launch WB
  • Click to close the Form Type 43 list warning popup
  • Ctrl-End to quickly drop to end of load order
  • Rt-Click on the existing Bashed Patch to open dialog
  • Hunt-n-Click on Rebuild Patch
  • Click OK on Inscrutable* Options window to actually Rebuild Patch
  • Stare at the WB (lack of) progress bar, which does not even appear during the first few minutes of... not appearing
  • Gaze numbly at the WB window because WB will not allow itself to be minimized
  • Continue to stare at the WB progress bar once it finally appears and updates itself in chunks of 5-20 seconds
  • Sigh dramatically as the time to Click OK to close the inscrutable* yellow post-process window finally arrives
  • Click X to close WB

*inscrutable: Unlike most first-graders, Vyxenne does not understand any of it

So I was wondering- is there a script or bat-file or other user-input-in-advance device by which Vyxenne, unlike everyone else who undoubtedly relishes all the clickings and scrollings currently required to accomplish a potentially one-click-wonder task, could simply go BAM! on a Windows or Vortex shortcut and go get another snifter of Charlie's Angel and hit the bathroom on the way back :D while WB launches itself, dutifully rebuilds my Bashed Patch with all the arcane* witchcraft* options pre-filled with their default values (i.e. specified somehow in the bat file or script OR wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am accepting all defaults which is all the child-like Vyxenne is capable of doing (see *inscrutable above) and then pats itself on the back (analogous to my semi-final click of "OK" on the yellow post-process window), and puts itself to bed without Mommy having to go all Postal on it?

*arcane = see *inscrutable above
*witchcraft = see *arcane above

Thanks in advance for understanding that at least one of your adoring fans is not a Rocket Scientist and wants it to Just Work™ without all the mind-numbing, nail-breaking whoop-de-doo and fol-de-rol. :crazy:

TL;DR: Rebuild Bashed Patch Script for Dummies© needed :lmao:

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 6:58 AM, Vyxenne said:

TL;DR: Rebuild Bashed Patch Script for Dummies© needed :lmao:

That would be super-cool functionality but right now no command line option exists to launch and immediately build/rebuild the Bashed Patch.

On 5/18/2022 at 3:13 PM, Beermotor said:

That would be super-cool functionality but right now no command line option exists to launch and immediately build/rebuild the Bashed Patch.

Thank you.

Hi,
I'm trying to use bash tags on a mod that's change the dragon shouts names (SHOU) and the words (WOOP)  in dragon tongue.
I use those tag : Filter,Names. When a rebuild my bashed patch the mod is uncheck, but only the dragon shouts names are changed.
I don't understand why, even if I test with only the (WOOP) version, it didn't work, I have checked documentation and Names tags includes WOOP.
So can someone explain me why it didn't work ?
I have tested with 3.08 and 3.10 with the same result.

Thanks

@Irwine First off, try removing the Filter tag. That tag is only needed if you want to create a plugin for distribution to other players that can target several different masters and be imported into a BP even if some of those masters are missing. If what you're looking for is a tag that deactivates the plugin when the BP is built but still imports data, use the Deactivate tag.

If that still doesn't fix it, then please upload the plugin in question so we can take a look at it.

Is there a command line argument for WB that is equivalent to the INI's "sOblivionMods" option?

If not, would it be possible to request the addition of such an argument?

Thanks. If you need details, I used to have one WB install for each game I wanted to use it with. I am trying to change this to having one WB install for all of them. I can already do this by launching WB with the correct -o argument. The problem I have is that this puts the "<gamename> Mods" folder in the same place as the game, whereas I like to keep the two separate.

You can currently change the Mods folder location using the sOblivionMods INI setting, but this would effectively place the Mods data for every game in the same place, which doesn't strike me as a good idea. Hence the reason for this request.

For future reference (e.g. visitors from Google), Irwine's problem is solved since 310.202205261528 by adding the Text tag.

So, the new Wrye Bash 3.10 sadly is not compatible with my Windows version anymore (Win7), because it requires an updated version of Python which I can't install on my lappy....a not-so-immediately-obvious side problem is that my WB doesn't get anymore bash tags from LOOT (updated as well...), meaning I have to input manually any new bash tags that are being upped in the masterlist...is there any workaround to this? Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

Have you tried the Standalone Executable package?

Windows 7 support was dropped in v310 due to the Python 3 upgrade.

2 hours ago, mao said:

So, the new Wrye Bash 3.10 sadly is not compatible with my Windows version anymore (Win7), because it requires an updated version of Python which I can't install on my lappy....a not-so-immediately-obvious side problem is that my WB doesn't get anymore bash tags from LOOT (updated as well...), meaning I have to input manually any new bash tags that are being upped in the masterlist...is there any workaround to this? Thanks in advance...

Yeah, support for v0.18 of LOOT was only added in v310. As a workaround, you can copy LOOT's masterlists to their pre-0.18 locations. Specifically, you can copy each game folder in the LOOT/games/ folder to the root LOOT/ folder. You'd have to copy them again each time they get updated in LOOT.

10 hours ago, Utumno said:

:wub:

Just to clarify, I didn't intend to specifically request a command-line function- I think the spirit of the "uncomplication" I had in mind could be embodied in a UI [Rebuild Patch] button. So the workflow could be Launch WB > Click [Rebuild Patch] to immediately build/rebuild the Bashed Patch with currently-ticked options. Naturally, having both a command-line AND a quick-button within the UI would be amazing.

10 hours ago, Utumno said:
  • Click to close the Form Type 43 list warning popup -> just hit Esc
  • Gaze numbly at the WB window because WB will not allow itself to be minimized -> alt-tab out (that's the gui library we use)

Great time-savers, thanks.

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 300, in _main
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 67, in load_app_icons
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 101, in GetIconBundle
wxAssertionError: C++ assertion ""IsOpened()"" failed at ..\..\src\common\ffile.cpp(251) in wxFFile::Tell(): wxFFile::Tell(): file is closed!

How many people are on the Bash development team?  I guess I could mosey on over to GitHub and answer that for myself--or no?

EDIT:

Okay, 28.  How many are active?  "Contributor" doesn't necessarily mean active.

• 2 weeks later...

(Using Vortex - likely related to a vortex error - reaquiring)

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at
https://afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games
or to the Wrye Bash Discord at
https://discord.gg/NwWvAFR

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 202, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 297, in _main
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 758, in InitLinks
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 80, in InitStatusBar
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 55, in imageList
  File "bash\gui\base_components.pyo", line 440, in __init__
ArgumentError: Missing resource file: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\images\skyrim special edition16.png.

9 hours ago, 0nehanklap said:

(Using Vortex - likely related to a vortex error - reaquiring)

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at
https://afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games
or to the Wrye Bash Discord at
https://discord.gg/NwWvAFR

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 202, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 297, in _main
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 758, in InitLinks
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 80, in InitStatusBar
  File "bash\basher\links_init.pyo", line 55, in imageList
  File "bash\gui\base_components.pyo", line 440, in __init__
ArgumentError: Missing resource file: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\bash\images\skyrim special edition16.png.

Try reinstalling Wrye Bash.