File "bash\bash.pyo", line 184, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 293, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4116, in InitSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3199, in initSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3183, in _load
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1566, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1526, in load

Hi Guys 

Real new to modding and Wrye Bash, i've got a problem with starting wrye bash and get the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 184, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 293, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4116, in InitSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3199, in initSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3183, in _load
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1566, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1526, in load
Mold: Your settings in C:\Users\Henk\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\BashSettings.dat come from an ancient Bash version. Please load them in 306 so they are converted to the newer format

I think the problem lies with uninstalling wrye bash (wouldn't load so i thought just to reinstall it). Can anyone help me fixing this i've put quite some time in my modlist (300 plugins/750 total mods) and don't want to start over again. 

Ran into a few newer mods that required a new SkyUI addon called "MCM Helper", which uses a new Data directory subpath, /MCM/. Bssh doesn't recognize it unless "Has Extra Directories" is applied. Might be worth adding to Bash's defaults or whatever so people are less confused than I was about why a mod's MCM wasn't working.

@Infernio

While I'm thinking about it, I've run into a situation with some FOMOD enabled mods where Bash won't recognize them as a valid installer because they don't have a valid top-level directory (textures, meshes, etc). I've worked around it by copying one of those out of another part of the archive and putting it on the top level (while leaving it in its original place as well) but it seems like something that shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry I've got more directory stuff. For "The Ultimate Dodge Mod Attack Cancel", its supposed to install files into

Data\Nemesis_Engine\mod\dmac\1hm_behavior\

Bash doesn't recognize that path of course, but when you choose "Has Extra Directories" it doesn't include the Nemesis_Engine subpath. Instead it puts the "1hm_behavior" folder at the top level of the Data directory.

image.png.ae7c6b1094b4a1088cebb8b9731b18be.pngimage.png.f2ba31587fc8320c65775dee456b3615.png

@Nephenee13

While I'm thinking about it, I've run into a situation with some FOMOD enabled mods where Bash won't recognize them as a valid installer

That's the big known issue with FOMODs. If BAIN doesn't recognize a valid folder structure, it can't get to the stage of looking for an FOMOD ModuleConfig. This will require a lot of BAIN refactoring (namely, making it recognise a new category of 'scattered' packages that have no sensible folder structure and can *only* be installed via a guided process like an FOMOD) and is not feasible at the moment. The workaround is to place a dummy ESP (or a valid top-level folder) next the 'fomod' folder so that BAIN thinks this is a valid package and discovers the ModuleConfig, then using the FOMOD installer.

Sorry I've got more directory stuff. For "The Ultimate Dodge Mod Attack Cancel", its supposed to install files into

I added Nemesis_Engine as a known top-level directory, so this will hopefully be fixed in the next nightly. Until then, the same workaround as above should work here too: add a dummy ESP or a valid top-level directory to help BAIN figure out where the root of the package actually is.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Infernio >

I noticed in the Bashed Patch, 0.esp there is an option to include UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp in the Tweak Settings section. Would it be possible in the next Wrye Bash build to include other MUST-HAVE, 'Everyone gets', ESP's as options to include in the Tweak Settings... The first one that comes to mind is the other UOP plugin : Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp...and maybe a few others that can already be merged into the Bashed Patch, for example Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp, the DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp or GrimbotsSpellTomes.esp are Bashed Patch mergable. I guess a check would need to be made to check that DLCSpellsTomes.esp is present for those two additions, and a reminder to install any required resources.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Ive been trying to install some mods to my Skyrim. I have the russian version of the game with both DLCs. My data files in the game's launcher don't load for some reason, but I could manage the mod plugins through Wrye Bash. It crashed, showing me this error.

Screenshot_4.png.a0ac964ea5c79a767fd9d1ed2e3a5c96.png

I never had any idea just how great wrye bash is and how helpful and fun the bashed patch tweaks are. Thank you developers for all the hard work you do on this project.

Wrye Bash 309.1 Standalone is skipping a file called

Open Cities + Dark Brotherhood Chronicles.txt

from the DBC - OC Patch archive. I don't understand why it's even skipping this file. I have read the readme, including the section on Skipped Files. How do you get Bash to install skipped files? I tried Override Skips and it didn't copy the files over.

Also, is there a way to list all mods, even those that aren't activated? It's only listing my active mods and I don't see any way to change that. 

More info: I had several packages with this issue. In some cases, there was more than one text file, so WB just picked one. In many cases I actually wanted the extra files, so I wish there was some way to pick the files for installation. As I said, Override Skips isn’t working. But in many other cases, there was only text file and Bash skipped it. In other cases, Bash installed the files and it looks like the archive has the same structure, so very odd.

Apex I dont play/mod Bethesda games anymore but I do know you are probably better off joining a forum that historically has a lot of users doing what you are trying to do. Long term Wrye Bash users tend to use Wrye Bash for complete management of their game mods, and do not need any other Mod Management tools.

IIRC the STEP Forum used to be good for people who use Mod Organiser ..

WryeBash with Mod Organizer - Mod Organizer - Video Tutorials - Step Modifications | Change The Game

Good luck.

Edit: I think I recall you have to manually add external tools to MO by entering their name somehow, I notice you spell Wrye Bash wrong .. Maybe that's the problem? Otherwise no clue here, I never used MO personally when I was modding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I had this error message, when I try to initalize Wrye, was playing with Morrowind mods. What am I to do now?

Mine message was this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 268, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 340, in _main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 471, in _detect_game
  File "bash\initialization.pyo", line 194, in init_dirs
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 324, in readfp
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 546, in _read
ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Morrowind.ini
    [line 129]: u'=1.7                                   0.0000  0.0000  0.5000  0.5000    0.0000  0.0000  0.5000  0.5000  0 0 0\n'

26 minutes ago, Verayth said:

Someone posted on discord about a week ago suggesting to just delete that useless line out of the INI file.

Thanks! Indeed it did work! Thanks you very much again for such quick answer!

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, butthead3 said:

hi mods

i have some problem installing the app plz help me ! ;(

and sorry for bothering you guys have anice day

شسيشسيشس.png

Launch the game you want to manage Wrye Bash with through its launcher at least once on its own (i.e., not through SKSE, MO2, or anything else, just Steam or whatever other retailer you bought it from). That will regenerate the registry entries the Wrye Bash installer uses to locate your games. If you want to manage one of the VR games, you'll have to install the standalone version manually as you would for any other game (see the docs); the installer doesn't automatically support them yet (however, you could use the extra locations section at the end).

On 10/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, Allister said:

Greetings Infernio >

I noticed in the Bashed Patch, 0.esp there is an option to include UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp in the Tweak Settings section. Would it be possible in the next Wrye Bash build to include other MUST-HAVE, 'Everyone gets', ESP's as options to include in the Tweak Settings... The first one that comes to mind is the other UOP plugin : Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp...and maybe a few others that can already be merged into the Bashed Patch, for example Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp, the DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp or GrimbotsSpellTomes.esp are Bashed Patch mergable. I guess a check would need to be made to check that DLCSpellsTomes.esp is present for those two additions, and a reminder to install any required resources.....

Also, I know that WB backs up files such as textures, meshes, esp's, esm's bsa's, sounds, & music, so for example if someone uninstalled a texture pack, WB would re-install the textures from the previous texture pack that was over-written. However, I don't think that WB backs up over-written shaders, when installing new shaders eg installing and uninstalling Oblivion Reloaded. Could the shaders possibility be included in WB's intermal backups as it does for textures, meshes etc.

@Allister WB does not back up the contents of the Data folder. BAIN does manage resource conflicts though, so you can create a package yourself that contains vanilla files you want to 'back up'. E.g. before installing a mod that overwrites shaders, you could create a zip file containing all the vanilla shaders and install that via BAIN first, so that when you uninstall the mod again, BAIN will restore the vanilla shaders from your custom package.

There is a request for BAIN to do this automatically, but that's going to take much more refactoring and won't be feasible for a long time:https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/52

@Infernio

Okay, thank you :).... Your solution is great. I will just create a back-up package of my Vanilla shaders, textures, meshes etc in separate archive packages when I 1st re-install Oblivion, before I install any mods. :cool: