Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

@HelloBengbeng17 Wrye Bash relies on LOOT for cleaning info and has some limited capacity to scan plugins beyond that. So make sure you have the latest version of Wrye Bash (309.1) and that your LOOT masterlist is up to date.

31 minutes ago, Infernio said:

@HelloBengbeng17 Wrye Bash relies on LOOT for cleaning info and has some limited capacity to scan plugins beyond that. So make sure you have the latest version of Wrye Bash (309.1) and that your LOOT masterlist is up to date.

But isn't BOSS recommended instead of LOOT? (For Oblivion specifically, at least)

You can still use BOSS for sorting, just make sure you also have LOOT installed and its masterlist is up to date so that Wrye Bash can get the right cleaning info and bash tags.

Hello, I'm new to the forum but I've been using Wrye Bash for years, in Skyrim, F4 and SSE and it's the first time I have a problem with it. I have a self made mod that adds items(Weapons and armors) to leveled lists. Until today this mod was working fine on LE and SE but today for some reason that I don't understand it's getting completely ignored, it's not even in the Masters of the patch. I'm running Wrye standalone through MO2. My loadlist is sorted with the LOOT that comes with MO2. I tried to "uninstall" Wrye so I could try from scratch but I seem to failed to delete everything because it still remembered options I changed. I haven't being able to find any post with my problem so I decided to write. Any help is welcome.

Edit: On SSEEdit I notice that are more lists that are not being merged, I'll list the relevant esps/esms: 

1. JSwordsD.esm
  2. High Level Enemies.esp
  3. My mod.esp
  4. OBIS SE.esp
  5. Immersive Weapons.
  6. JSwords-ImmersiveWeaponsPatch.esp

Edited by chulengo
More background.

Wrye Bash doesn't include leveled list records in the Bashed Patch unless it actually had to merge the contents because of a conflict (i.e. two plugins modifying the same leveled list). And if it didn't need to include any data from a plugin in the BP, it won't add that plugin as a master either.
Do the leveled lists that it does not touch actually need merging? If so, please make sure your LOOT masterlist is up to date (so that you have the right tags) and take an SSEEdit screenshot of the unresolved leveled list conflict.

Yes it does, in the meantime I had to solve the conflicts manually, adding the lists as overwrite and moving the items manually into this list added to Bashed. I'll provide pictures later during the day because I'll require to backup my manual bashed patch and run it again. Before this I downloaded actual LOOT and ran it separately, not just the sort from MO2. Thanks for your time.

This is my mod. Nothing weird, just weapons and armors from BDO rebalanced and added to base game lists.
image.png.86bdbaa09816308df6e85871e2f225a2.png

Is very weird, is not even merging known mods like JSwords and IW and I notice just a handful of item lists merged, the others are green just cause nobody else touches them.

image.thumb.png.efe0c7f4fdaa56042948f5226505c1be.png

Bashed patch is there present

.image.thumb.png.2c99362c82166800186c6aa7983f2aca.png

I deleted the patch many times, and tried to uninstall Wrye completely two times, I failed both times because there's probably some files that I can't find and have settings or something. So I can't really say that I started from scratch.

Again, thanks for your time!

Okay, I tried reproducing this. With the patch included in the JaySUS Swords download installed, the BP correctly does nothing (since the patch already resolves all the conflicts). Without that patch installed, the BP properly resolves the conflicts (including LItemWeaponSword, the one in your screenshot).
I guess it could be because of your plugin being in the middle. Could you share that plugin?

No problem. The lists part was generated with Automated Leveled List Addition, I tweaked some things manually but that's it. I tried moving my plugin on the load order multiple times trying to make it work, I had the same result. This was working, because I had enemies dropping items from all mods and I didn't notice anything weird on the summary at the end. I think High Level Enemies was the last thing I added that had relevant lists to this, but I tried without and same thing happened, my plugin got completely ignored. Thanks! 

EquipmentPack.esp

Edit: I tried without the JS-IW patch just in case, those two were merged as you said, but mine was ignored completely again, it's like it's on a blacklist or something.

Edit2: I started doubting myself so I went to my LE and checked the bashed patch there. 
image.thumb.png.ae4bb2b230452ca2f3cf1a54def90765.png

Is the exact same mod, that's what got me thinking it could be an installation/cache/temp file issue, even though I have no idea how Wrye works in the background. 

Edited by chulengo
LE Patch.

Thank you, I hope it can be sorted out. An additional note: My wife with a different setup also did an ALLA patch for weapons only. It was also disregarded by Wrye Bash when it came to conflicts. It's very weird because they only add items.

Tried it, it's merging the three of them fine for me (with or without the JSW/IW patch installed):

image.thumb.png.4ec9a5394c84c189f055f805990804cd.png

Edit: this was with the latest nightly version (310.202108101023), so if you were using 309.1, maybe try that?
Edit 2: the screenshot above is in SSE, I converted the plugin to FormID 44 before doing this.

The version change did not work. I tried going for Form Version 44 in case that was relevant for WB, and it was, it's the number, it skipped because of the version, thanks a lot. BTW, how do you make SSEEdit fold like that?

Interesting. I don't see why it would completely skip it with Form Version < 44, but at least it's working now.

BTW, how do you make SSEEdit fold like that?

That's an experimental feature, currently only available in the 4.1.x builds on the xEdit discord.

Hey, so in the mods section of wrye bash, there's the check mark (mod is activate), the plus sign (mod is active, merged into bashed patch), and then there's  the dot (imported into bashed patch)

Is it okay if I enable the dot mods? (the ones that are imported into the bashed patch)

The dot means that some of the data from the plugin has been imported into the BP. Most plugins have to be active in addition to having data imported (precisely because not all data will be imported - only what's actually necessary to resolve conflicts), but there are a few types of plugins that should not be activated in addition to being imported. These usually have the Deactivate and Filter tags and WB will warn you if you've enabled one of them by coloring them with a bright red background. In case of doubt, check the mod page to see if the mod author recommends anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! After a...long time away I got the hankering to mod some Skyrim again and it seems five years was just about the right amount of time for Skyrim SE modding to mature.

Anyway, sure are some changes (ElminsterAU back on xEdit?!?!) but I've got it mostly sorted out.

But what in the world does this mean? I'd never seen this error before I don't think. (something to do with that new ESL format?)

dsIAhHf.png

@Nephenee13 Those are plugins that have a form version lower than 44. That means they haven't been converted for SSE yet (or were converted incorrectly). Check if there are SSE versions for those plugins, or port them yourself:

Ok, two things. I can't seem to find where you can manually add bash tags to a mod in Wrye Bash. I seem to remember just being able to click on a list of checkboxes? Maybe my memory is failing me.

And on that point, is there a bash tag that will preserve the BOD2 field from the DSHg mod while retaining the Keywords and changes from Clothing and Clutter Fixes? Again I could swear there was but now I can't seem to find it. Am I remembering something from Oblivion CBash?

yZWVs2T.png

I'm sure I could patch this manually (its ultimately not that many records) but like...I'd rather just bash it if possible.

BAIN does not install the following file from a 7z package: "OblivionReloaded.dll.config"  The directory is located in the OBSE\Plugins folder.

@Malonn That's technically a feature, not a bug. See https://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html#bain-skipped:

BAIN skips the installation of some files and directories. The types of files skipped are: [...]

• any path that ends in config

That said, this is the second time this has come up and the original reasoning for skipping these seems arcane (something to do with 'injected NMM files'), so I removed this skip in the newest py3 nightly build.

@Infernio

Thank you! That window was hiding and I didn't see it till I expanded the window a bit. And I knew I wasn't imagining it, I was just looking in the wrong readme. Thank you again.

Sounds good @Infernio.  I'm going to continue with a couple useless statements.  I ran the nightly py3 build dated the 6th of July I believe, and it gave me an error with the bashed patch as well as syncing from the data directory.  I don't have the errors (hence a useless report), but just wanted to bring it to your attention.  Bugs to squash.  I won't be running the nightly because I want stability.

Another useless report: something in building the bashed patch with All Natural's SI plugin causes the game to freeze during load.  The plugin by itself is fine, it's just after building the patch.  That is with 309.1 found on Nexus.

This post has been mostly a waste of digital paper, but just so you know there are some issues with the nightlys.  Which I'm sure you know.