Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Hmm, it still shouldn't have crashed on that. I'll take a look, but might have to shelve that until after Python 3.

On 5/15/2021 at 2:02 PM, Beermotor said:
On 5/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, Vyxenne said:

Thanks for the response. As I said, I'll give my Savegames folder an enema :D and see if that shortens load times.

Keep us updated on this because I'm curious if this improves things for you and it might help others.

I moved all but a few of my savegames to a different folder, and now WB launches to a usable UI in about 15 seconds.Yay Beermotor! :banana:

The problem is, now I can't easily load into one of my old savegames when I need to find out "what was the name of that cute little pink plaid miniskirt I wore on <old character name>?"

Since all I do with WB is build/rebuild bashed patches, is there some way for me to turn off WB's savegame loading at launch, in such a way that if I ever want/learn how to use WB for something else that actually needs to load savegames I can easily load them explicitly at that time instead of every time I launch the software? I would really like to move my old savegames back into the mainstream.

Thanks for your help!

There is no way to do that right now. Feature additions will have to wait for a while since we're in the middle of a major transition (Python 3).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have a question about Wrye Bash flags. I want to know what is the difference between esmifying a ESP and putting a ESM flag in a ESP.

I have a 8.7mb plugin (made in the CK) and was thinking about esmifying it in Wrye Bash, or through a script in xEdit, due to its large size.

However, I'm not sure if a ESM can be updated in the middle of a playthrough, or if it requires a new playthrough in order to be updated. Some mods which relies in a master file (eg, Forgotten Dungeons) requires a new playthrough to be updated, but I didn't found any information about this requirement as being a rule to every mod.

Would the update of a ESM file during a playthrough cause save file corruption?

Would putting a ESM flag in the ESP be a better solution for updates? What is the difference between the two methods?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 268, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 373, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4335, in InitSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3666, in initSettings
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3650, in _load
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1450, in __init__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1397, in load
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 243, in conv_obj
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 243, in <genexpr>
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 243, in conv_obj
TypeError: first argument must be callable or None

Hi,

getting this error after a fresh install from oblivion game of the year deluxe and wrye bash from the latest installer from nexus-mods. Error on startup of "Wrye Bash.exe".
Startup with anti-virus deactivated and "run as admin" doesn't work either.

De- and reinstall doesn't help. Startet

System: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 Build 19043.985 (Version 21h1)

Running: Wrye Bash 309 - Installer

Can you look into this?

Thank you.

Edited by theQuestionmark
Added wrye bash version

8 hours ago, theQuestionmark said:

Hi, and welcome to Afk! :)

Is there any difference in launching Oblivion before running Wrye Bash? Just to the Ob launch screen and quitting should be enough.

@Wolfstorm I assume you're the same Wolfstorm that sibir answered on Discord? That answer stands - changing the extension requires a new game, adding or removing the flag does not.

1 hour ago, Infernio said:

@theQuestionmark That should be fixed in the newest nightly build (link is in the second post in this thread).

Deinstalled all Wrye Bash and tested running "Wrye Bash 309 - Python Source" from nexus with all python-dependencies installed.
Is running fine, no traceback on startup. Seems like only the installer for 309 is broke.

Hello everyone, I've been getting this issue when trying to run the latest version of Wrye Bash for Oblivion

The following dependencies could not be located or failed to load:

- python-lz4

This most likely means you are missing a certain version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Try installing the 2010 x64 version.

I've done everything I can think of from repairing the Redistributable to uninstalling and reinstalling, the restarting my PC. I even removed all other redistributables and only installed 2010 just in case there were conflicts and I am still getting this error. I've tried both the manual install and the launcher install with same exact results. I've asked on the Wyre Bash discord and someone was polite enough there to try to help me but to no avail. I tried r/oblivionmods and got recommended to come here and ask. 

I don't know if something screwy is going on in my system32 folder, but I don't want to mess around in there unless i know for sure. 

EDIT: Apologies, I just saw Infernio's recent response to me on Discord. I guess I'll have to try to find the solution elsewhere. 

Just before I posted the dump for the really strange error I was having launching Bash with Fallout 3 ... working fine with Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, Oblivion and Fallout NV ... I decided to do one last visual sanity check.

I determined that if gremlins manage to somehow drop "Oblivion.esm" into your Fallout 3 data directory, Wrye Bash will have a problem!

Yeah, that'll make WB think you're managing Oblivion since that's the file it uses as a heuristic to figure out if the current game is Oblivion.

Hi

Has anyone here encountered a script like GenerateWryeBashTags that runs on multiple plugins?

https://github.com/fireundubh/xedit-scripts/tree/master/all

It's located here, but when applied it goes to a selection box where you select a plugin and only runs on one plugin at a time.

Or . . . has someone already edited this to run inside a loop on current load-order?

Thanks

GenerateWryeBashTags.pas

On 6/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, judge0 said:

Hi

Has anyone here encountered a script like GenerateWryeBashTags that runs on multiple plugins?

https://github.com/fireundubh/xedit-scripts/tree/master/all

It's located here, but when applied it goes to a selection box where you select a plugin and only runs on one plugin at a time.

Or . . . has someone already edited this to run inside a loop on current load-order?

Thanks

GenerateWryeBashTags.pas 56.79 kB · 0 downloads

I'm pretty sure @fireundubh intentionally made the script process one plugin at a time.  Despite this script being fantastic you still need to manually inspect the plugin to confirm the recommendations.

I think there are a couple of older scripts floating around on the Internet that will just run directly against the plugin you select, but those don't have provisions for some of the newer Bash tags that Bash uses for new Skyrim LE/SE stuff.

11 hours ago, Beermotor said:

I'm pretty sure @fireundubh intentionally made the script process one plugin at a time.  Despite this script being fantastic you still need to manually inspect the plugin to confirm the recommendations.

I think there are a couple of older scripts floating around on the Internet that will just run directly against the plugin you select, but those don't have provisions for some of the newer Bash tags that Bash uses for new Skyrim LE/SE stuff.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Infernio said:

@Vythical First, try launching the game through Steam and, if that doesn't help, verifying the game files through Steam. If it still happens even after that, please make a bashbugdump: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/wiki/[github]-Reporting-a-bug#the-bashbugdumplog and upload it here

Problem with that. I might have gotten the game from a friend... who downloaded it from nosteam.ro...

Just now, VythicalVT said:

Problem with that. I might have gotten the game from a friend... who downloaded it from nosteam.ro...

This is the same person btw. Lost my old account

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Infernio said:

@Vythical First, try launching the game through Steam and, if that doesn't help, verifying the game files through Steam. If it still happens even after that, please make a bashbugdump: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/wiki/[github]-Reporting-a-bug#the-bashbugdumplog and upload it here

One problem. I didn't get the game from steam, I got it from a friend, who got it from an... let's say "offbrand" site.

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the experts here :rolleyes:

I have several Mod Organizer 2 portable instances for:

Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout TTW, Skyrim SE, EnderalSE, and Fallout 4

The question is, How do I configure Wrye Bash to jump straight to loading the appropriate game instead of asking me each time I run it?

It would be configured here:

Spoiler

image.png.1d526a7d0964248c1229b00c723e1627.png

Thanks in advance!

@judge0 Use the '-o' argument. For example, if you have a game installed at 'G:\steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion', pass

-o "G:\steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion"

as an argument to WB in the Oblivion MO2 instance.

13 minutes ago, Infernio said:

@judge0 Use the '-o' argument. For example, if you have a game installed at 'G:\steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion', pass

-o "G:\steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion"

as an argument to WB in the Oblivion MO2 instance.

Thank you, couldn't find that info!

Hello, just wanted to say thanks for making Wrye Bash. Definitely my go-to mod manager. Using MO2 was a headache. Got a question, I always sort my load order with BOSS and clean files that are dirty if said so on the BOSS log. I used the "Plugins Checker" feature on Wrye Bash earlier, just to test it out. Apparently, there were some plugins that said "Contained dirty edits, needs cleaning" on the plugins checker, but those said plugins weren't dirty in the BOSS log. So, do I clean them or leave them as is? Thanks

3 hours ago, HelloBengbeng17 said:

Hello, just wanted to say thanks for making Wrye Bash. Definitely my go-to mod manager. Using MO2 was a headache. Got a question, I always sort my load order with BOSS and clean files that are dirty if said so on the BOSS log. I used the "Plugins Checker" feature on Wrye Bash earlier, just to test it out. Apparently, there were some plugins that said "Contained dirty edits, needs cleaning" on the plugins checker, but those said plugins weren't dirty in the BOSS log. So, do I clean them or leave them as is? Thanks

Hi, and welcome :)

The BOSS is a bit out of date there, so best to follow the WB info. Which plugins were they?

5 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Hi, and welcome :)

The BOSS is a bit out of date there, so best to follow the WB info. Which plugins were they?

Well, to name a few, they were

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

BattlehornCastleEnhanced.esp

Better Dungeons.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

Unique Landscapes.esp

ShadowcrestVineyard_COBL.esp

Better Cities - IC Imperial Isle.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

MidasSpells.esp

And I think that's it. Hopefully I didn't miss any