File "bash\balt.pyo", line 825, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 177, in PatchExecute
  File "bash\patcher\patch_files.pyo", line 287, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\base.pyo", line 178, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_names.pyo", line 468, in wants_record
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_names.pyo", line 177, in wants_record
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_names.pyo", line 481, in _exec_rename
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

When building the Patch for Oblivion with The UOP and a custom mod of mine that has 1 script.  Bash 309.202104172020.  The Patch builds successfully if I disable Tweak Names -> Sort: Spells -> Custom.  I don't know why it was on Custom?  Must have been a thing from the upgrade to the latest WiP.  I was running the WiP from February 6, 2021.

No it was something like "Custom%s%<x>"  I forget the second format specifier.

By the way, while we're talking, I'm trying to build a BAIN package with Knights of the Nine.  It will not allow me.  With the vanilla names, it skips the files.  Why?  Security thing?  I want to keep DLCs optional to install, so decided to pack them up.  I of course want to keep the file names for LOOT.  Is there something I can do?

The format specifier regression in Tweak Names should be fixed in the newest nightly.

14 hours ago, Malonn said:

By the way, while we're talking, I'm trying to build a BAIN package with Knights of the Nine.  It will not allow me.  With the vanilla names, it skips the files.  Why?  Security thing?  I want to keep DLCs optional to install, so decided to pack them up.  I of course want to keep the file names for LOOT.  Is there something I can do?

Can you upload the BAIN package that's not working?

Do you have 'Skip Bethsoft Content' (on the Installers tab, Settings > Skip Bethsoft Content) on? It has to be off if you want to overwrite vanilla content.
There's a feature request to make BAIN instead capture versions of vanilla files it's about to overwrite, but it'll take a while before we can make that happen: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/52

I sure did.  I never realized that setting existed.  I'm sure I've seen it, but it never "clicked".  Thanks for the fix, Infernio.

Hi guys!

After I've created a simple patch between Mages Guild Quests and More Magical Mages Guild, where I only move some objects, I've noticed that I couldn't interact with those objects anymore.

After looking at TES4Edit, I've noticed this (XACT - ACTION FLAG) and, after erased this mark from the bashed patch (it only appears there), I can interact with those items normally.

What can I do to fix this? do I have to add a bash tag in my mod?

Mags Guild 2.png

Mags Guild 3.png

Mags Guild.png

That's a bug in the BP. It should not be putting that subrecord out if it's not already there. Will have a look at fixing it.

12 hours ago, Infernio said:

The new nightly build should fix that issue.

Hehe: many thanks, infernio!

Can I install this newly WIP one?

Do I just update it, or do I need to uninstall it first and then, install it again?

If you're using the installer version, you can simply install over the previous version. The installer will take care of deleting old files and preserving customizations.
If you're using the standalone or python version, you need to uninstall the old version (by deleting everything but the Apps folder and the bash.ini, if you have one) and then drop the new version in.

traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 184, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 362, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4029, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4069, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2693, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1322, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1298, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1217, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 272, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 152, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 284, in _reset_cache
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1014, in readHeader
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 61, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 77, in load_header
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 341, in load_image_data
  File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 95, in _drop_alpha
MemoryError

Hi, guys. I'm using Standalone v308 on Windows 10 with 32GB of DDR4 RAM and 2 2-TB SSDs, and it's working well. I have two feature requests:

1. Something similar to the CK Helper mod which enables the utility to actually load within one human lifetime. I am experiencing 5-minute WB loading times.
  2. Somewhat related to the above, during the 5-minute loading delay the banner image is on my screen, always on top, unmovable and uncloseable. I am talking about this image: 6837-0-1483359848.png This blocking image prevents me from doing anything (email, Solitaire, nothing) while WB is struggling to stand up. Is there some way to make that image at least moveable?

Thanks for your work on this amazing utility. :wub:

On 5/7/2021 at 2:54 AM, Vyxenne said:

Hi, guys. I'm using Standalone v308 on Windows 10 with 32GB of DDR4 RAM and 2 2-TB SSDs, and it's working well. I have two feature requests:

1. Something similar to the CK Helper mod which enables the utility to actually load within one human lifetime. I am experiencing 5-minute WB loading times.
  2. Somewhat related to the above, during the 5-minute loading delay the banner image is on my screen, always on top, unmovable and uncloseable. I am talking about this image: This blocking image prevents me from doing anything (email, Solitaire, nothing) while WB is struggling to stand up. Is there some way to make that image at least moveable?

Thanks for your work on this amazing utility. :wub:

I can't really explain the slowness in launching but it is possible to turn off the splash screen in the bash.ini. by setting

bEnableSplashScreen=False

If you don't already have a bash.ini just copy or rename bash_default.ini to bash.ini.

Regarding the speed, I hate it when people say "it works for me" but both Wrye Bash and the CK should be launching in under 3 seconds on any recent computer with a decent CPU and SSD storage. There has to be something amiss that is causing this kind of slowness for you.

Could you give us some more info on your setup?

6 hours ago, Beermotor said:

I can't really explain the slowness in launching but it is possible to turn off the splash screen in the bash.ini. by setting

bEnableSplashScreen=False

If you don't already have a bash.ini just copy or rename bash_default.ini to bash.ini.

Regarding the speed, I hate it when people say "it works for me" but both Wrye Bash and the CK should be launching in under 3 seconds on any recent computer with a decent CPU and SSD storage. There has to be something amiss that is causing this kind of slowness for you.

Could you give us some more info on your setup?

Firstly, tyvm for the ini setting info. That solves that issue.

Here is my system info- it should be up to the task of launching WB in under 5 minutes:

GL99h3R.png

MODS- 315; PLUGINS- 239 Total | 177 ESM/ESP | 62 ESL/ESPFE

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by Vyxenne
Add mod counts

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Firstly, tyvm for the ini setting info. That solves that issue.

Here is my system info- it should be up to the task of launching WB in under 5 minutes:

<snip>

MODS- 315; PLUGINS- 239 Total | 177 ESM/ESP | 62 ESL/ESPFE

Thanks again for your help!

Yes that's almost exactly the same as my machine aside from mine is a Ryzen 5800x and a few other trivial differences so you should be getting dramatically better performance.

A few more quick questions:

• Are you possibly launching Wrye Bash out of Vortex or MO2?
  • Have you tried disabling Windows Defender or other real-time antivirus during your testing?
  • Do you have a large number of save games?
  • Are you opposed to trying out a development built of WB for testing? (see second post in this thread for the Dropbox link)

I'm sure others might have more questions but those might be the first few to take a look at.

I don't have much to add. Try the development build and see if that helps. If not, check your save folder - keeping thousands of saves around can slow WB down quite a bit.

@Beermotor:

• Yes, I normally launch WB out of Vortex. However, I can also launch it via Desktop Shortcut. Load times are very long either way.
  • No. I use Emsisoft, which uses the Windows Firewall for (um) Firewall purposes :crazy: and has its own proprietary AV engine. It has never flagged WB for any reason. Also, I run WB as Admin and *nothing* is ever installed in C:\Program Files unless I have no choice. Absolutely nothing pertaining to any game is there.
  • I have a huge number of savegames on this machine (I've never deleted one in 5 years of playing SSE), 90% of which have nothing to do with my current playthrough. Are you saying that WB routinely does something with 2-to-5-year-old moribund savegames every launch? :stare: I keep them around for those "what was the name of that cute miniskirt again? Crap! I can't remember!" *loads 3-year-old-save* "Gotcha!" I'll go through and backup >> delete them and see what happens to WB load times.
  • No, I'm not opposed to trying out a dev build- the only thing I use WB for is to make Bashed Patches. The worst thing that can happen (I hope) is that I have to delete my Bashed Patch bc the dev build got it wrong.

@Infernio

Thanks for the response. As I said, I'll give my Savegames folder an enema :D and see if that shortens load times.

Wrye Bash reads the header of each save to retrieve information like player name, current location, masters, etc.
If you have tons of saves, it could be that Windows is trying to shove them all into its RAM cache, filling up its cache due to the sheer size of all those saves, and then clearing it out and filling it again over and over.

You can also try moving them into a profile (i.e. a subfolder of the Saves folder) if you want to keep them. That should make WB ignore them, unless you switch to that profile form within WB.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Vyxenne said:

Thanks for the response. As I said, I'll give my Savegames folder an enema :D and see if that shortens load times.

Keep us updated on this because I'm curious if this improves things for you and it might help others.

I'm having an odd issue with the Fallout 4 Installers tab.  I get the following error in the debug log while refreshing the installers, and then the list of installers doesn't populate.  It will populate if I choose an option from the right-click menu, but will not detect any new mods placed in the installers folder.

The file name shown in the error doesn't match what's listed in the installers tab.  It's "PRKF LevelUpMenu EX 0.98b-28822.zip", which I may have renamed at some point in the past (prior to upgrading from v307 to v309 last month) to get Bash to recognize the name for the "Open At..." menu.  I'm currently on nightly 309.202105221049 and still having the issue.  I've been mostly playing Skyrim SE and Enderal SE recently, and hadn't loaded Wrye Bash for Fallout 4 since Nov 2019 so not sure when the issue started.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3738, in OnShowPage
    refresh_target=load_order.using_ini_file())
  File "bash\balt.py", line 825, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3183, in ShowPanel
    scan_data_dir)
  File "bash\balt.py", line 825, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1669, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3213, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
    refresh_info)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1756, in irefresh
    progress, fullRefresh, refresh_info, deleted, pending, projects)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1669, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1894, in _refreshInstallers
    _index=index, _fullRefresh=fullRefresh)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1239, in refresh_installer
    installer.refreshBasic(progress, recalculate_project_crc=_fullRefresh)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 924, in refreshBasic
    return self._refreshBasic(progress, recalculate_project_crc)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 931, in _refreshBasic
    self._refreshSource(progress, recalculate_project_crc)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1346, in _refreshSource
    self.fsize, self.modified = self.abs_path.size_mtime() ##: aka _file_mod_time
  File "bash\bolt.py", line 715, in size_mtime
    lstat = os.lstat(self._s)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'G:\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Fallout4 Mods\\Bash Installers\\PRKF 0.98b-28822-0-98b.zip'

So the easy fix was just to create a dummy file with the name it was expecting.  That seems to have cleared up the problem and my Installers tab works now.