File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1400, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2994, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 437, in inspect_version
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 157, in load_header
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 130, in load_header
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, Infernio said:

By using the WIP build from the second post in this thread.

Will that WIP build also detect both SLE and SSE?

The reason I ask is simple, I just launched WB and all I get is a message saying that WB couldn't detect what game to manage.

My options are:

Oblivion

Morrowind

And that's about it, neither SLE or SSE.  What is wrong?

If it matters I installed WB for more than one game at the same time and in this case Oblivion, SLE & SSE.

This time I don't need to install WB for Oblivion since I already have WB working.

Try running the SSE launcher through Steam once. Wrye Bash needs up-to-date registry keys to detect your games, and Bethesda games only generate them when you run the regular launcher (i.e. not SKSE/OBSE/etc.) through Steam.

9 hours ago, Infernio said:

Try running the SSE launcher through Steam once. Wrye Bash needs up-to-date registry keys to detect your games,

It worked.

9 hours ago, Infernio said:

and Bethesda games only generate them when you run the regular launcher (i.e. not SKSE/OBSE/etc.) through Steam.

So, the retail game launcher for both Oblivion and Morrowind doesn't need that or am I mistaken.

I encountered this error when try to run Wrye Bash through MO. Can you help me pls?

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 249, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 412, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4235, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4271, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2042, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2226, in _refresh_bash_tags
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 555, in reloadBashTags
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 95, in getTagsInfoCache
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Leo, the one for Oblivion does, because that game generates a registry key. I don't think Morrowind does that though.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I don't think Morrowind does that though.

I think Windows does that for Morrowind, but AFAIK there is one difference between Morrowind and Oblivion.

The Saves folder for Morrowind (retail) are not located in the C:\My Documents\My Games\ folder, instead the Saves folder is in the Morrowind folder as a subfolder.

Not sure how it is with the Steam version. :shrug:

Windows isn't the one setting those keys regardless. The games do that, but I don't think Morrowind does it when the launcher runs, if it bothers at all. You might end up with one if the Steam or GoG installers set it though.

I see.  If the Morrowind Launcher detects what video card one has then I think it is the same as it is for the later TES games.

Besides, I don't think it is a good idea to let WB have support for Morrowind as it only confuses things and most people have always used Wrye Mash as a mod manager.

Personally I'd rather have all of the support in one place so I'm very much in favor of Bash getting full Morrowind support.

Morrowind support for mainline WB is mainly about code quality. Supporting MW is yet another step to making the code more game-agnostic and more maintainable in the long run. If we end up supplanting Wrye Mash in the process, that's fine too.
It took a long time for us to equal valda's version for FO3/FNV as well (and we're still not quite there yet, since we're lacking the race patcher). We'll get there.

27 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Personally I'd rather have all of the support in one place so I'm very much in favor of Bash getting full Morrowind support.

I think the only full support you can get from WB is the levelled lists and that's about it.

No script, no advanced bash tags, no filter mods? etc etc.

I forgot to mention the Updaters feature that exist in Wrye Mash.  Does WB support that for Oblivion or is it just Morrowind that has such a feature?

I'm pretty sure that Updater thing isn't necessary in any game but Morrowind.

As far as the rest, the support will get there in time. Stop approaching change as the boogie man :P

11 hours ago, Ruffled said:

@Infernio I am using MO, which can only run 32 bit apps. Your WIP build requires 64bit. Should I quit MO and switch to MO2?

I would. Making the switch should be easy because you can import your MO setup into MO 2.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:50 PM, Infernio said:

Try running the SSE launcher through Steam once. Wrye Bash needs up-to-date registry keys to detect your games, and Bethesda games only generate them when you run the regular launcher (i.e. not SKSE/OBSE/etc.) through Steam.

I did that but now when I launch WB it show pretty much a blank screen, except for some wide buttons, and tells me that I should use the "o" parameter to avoid that from happening in the future.

So, I open the bash_default.ini just to see where I need to use the "o" parameter, instead I found this and I think that should be changed a bit.

;  You do NOT need to set values for all of these, only those you wish to change
;  from their default values. In most cases, you just uncomment (remove the ;)
;  from the option you want to use and possibly change the value.

After the first sentence it should be "Or if you have recently installed Wrye Bash for more than one game then you need to this" or similiar.

I also copy the bash_default.ini and rename it to bash.ini and I wonder what do I need to change.

[General]

;--sOblivionMods is an alternate root directory for Bash Installers and other
;    Bash data.  Putting it under the game's install directory can cause
;    performance problems during gameplay, so by default it is placed at the
;    same level as the game folder.  Here are the Oblivion and Skyrim defaults,
;    and two other examples.
;sOblivionMods=..\Oblivion Mods
;sOblivionMods=..\Skyrim Mods
;sOblivionMods=C:\Games\Oblivion Mods
;sOblivionMods=C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods

;--sBashModData is the directory containing data about your mods, ini edits,
;    etc.  If using MOM, mTES4 Manager, or other utility to manage multiple
;    installs, you will want to change this to keep the Bash data with your
;    saved games.  You'll need to use an absolute path to your saved games
;    folder, so here are the defaults and a few examples.
;sBashModData=..\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data
;sBashModData=..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Mod Data
;sBashModData=C:\Documents and Settings\Wrye\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Bash Mod Data
;sBashModData=C:\Users\Wrye\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Bash Mod Data

;--sInstallersData is the directory containing data about which installers are
;    installed by Wrye Bash. If you changed sBashModData above, you'll probably
;    want to change this one too. Examples:
;sInstallersData=..\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash
;sInstallersData=..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers\Bash
;sInstallersData=C:\Documents and Settings\Wrye\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Bash Installers\Bash
;sInstallersData=C:\Users\Wrye\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Bash Installers\Bash
;sInstallersData=C:\Users\Wrye\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Bash Installers Data

;--OblivionPath is the game directory (containing Oblivion.exe, TESV.exe, etc).
;    A "normal" install of Bash will place the Mopy directory in your game
;    directory.  Use this argument only if you placed Bash outside of the game
;    directory and the automatic detection and -g command line parameter fail to
;    find the game.  If using a relative path, it will be relative to the Mopy
;    directory.
;sOblivionPath=C:\Games\Oblivion
;sOblivionPath=G:\Oblivion
;sOblivionPath=G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim

SSE is installed in this path - G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition - and the Mopy folder is a subfolder - G:\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy.

Which lines do I need to change with what?

Btw... I also have SLE installed at the same time as SSE.

On 8/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, Zea.M said:

How do I fix this?

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at
https://afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games
or to the Wrye Bash Discord at
https://discord.gg/NwWvAFR

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 202, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 365, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4214, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4247, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1400, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2994, in new_info
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 437, in inspect_version
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 157, in load_header
  File "bash\bosh\bsa_files.pyo", line 130, in load_header
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

I had the same issue, I was pulling my hair out. I had just reinstalled skyrim and was downloading and installing mods for about 6 hours. over a hundred large mods. When I finally came to bash it all I had this type of error. I tried reinstalling bash trying diff versions etc etc. Found it still ran like outside of my Mod Organizer load out. Saw something about maybe a corrupt mod. My face melted and I prepared my self for all the frustrating clicking ahead. I deactivated mods 5-10 at at time until finally wry would run. Then reactivated mods 1 by 1 until it didnt run. I found Immersive Armors was the thing that was breaking it. So I am going to reinstall immersive armors.

I will keep posted INCASE it DOESNT work. If I dont assume it did. (I only made this account to share this info)

I am using Legendary Edition skyrim with 32bit Mod Organizer 1. And 32 Bit Wryebash. Using 64 bit Wry doesnt work in MO1.

-----------------------
After reactivating all my mods wrye still works. Immersive armors taking a while to redownload :c  

---------------------

Immersive Armors download completed.. but it broke Wryebash again. MAYBE I AM JUST VERY UNLUCKY. I downloaded the 7.1 still same issue

----------------------

Using the 7.1 version of Immersive armors, following LOOT cleaning with TES edit on all DLC fixed it.

You might want to consider an update to MO2 then, as far as I'm aware that still works just fine for Skyrim LE and it will allow you to use Bash from within MO2.

MO1 can't run any 64 bit applications at all, so that's not just limited to current dev versions of Wrye Bash.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem when making a bashed patch with Particle Patch + ENB Helper. LOOT suggests to disable the Particle Patch esp when using both, so I deactivated its esp in ModOrganizer2, then run Wrye Bash to rebuild the bashed patch for my installed mods. Now MO2 shows a "missing masters" warning saying the bashed patch requires the Particle Patch esp... (just to be sure I deleted the patch and redid everything but for some reason the patch still has PP as master). How can I fix this issue?

Hi @kaymre, and welcome. If Wrye Bash doesn't show any errors, then it looks like an issue for MO2.

Have a problem with the mouse not catching any sizable borders under "Masters", thus the view in the Listbox/Listview remains hidden. Thanks.

Masters.JPG.37969438df0fdf4fe375155847203dc8.JPG

Nitpick: The default 7z text icon is not carried over when opening text files in WB 7z Installer archives (maybe due to 32/64 bit versioning). Comes up with the "unknown program" one instead:

icon.JPG.4dc6962c42c056bc87253d2da38f7c05.JPG

On 9/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, lmstearn said:

Nitpick: The default 7z text icon is not carried over when opening text files in WB 7z Installer archives (maybe due to 32/64 bit versioning). Comes up with the "unknown program" one instead:

Are you using the icon inside the 7zip.exe file?

If so then try to find the 7zip.ico file instead as I think that's the reason why you get the "unknown progam" message.

18 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Are you using the icon inside the 7zip.exe file?

No icons explicitly, just opening a text file from within the archive. The following and above screenshots are of the Windows taskbar: As you can see, a text file opened within a non WB installers archive happens to be the one for notepad.exe. The associations are stored in the registry. :)

defNotepadicon.JPG.5d5a281083ad3245a8c73800b556cfd7.JPG