Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

@Sharlikran I just pushed some commits in utumno-wip containing the SSE MelModel you wrote (is this final? There are some typos in the docs) and a hack for loading correct MelModel per game. Please test. If this works for MelModel we should make sure there are no other such cases

@Utumno Sorry I was being patient with your time and had not checked back yet. I can test on Sunday the 30th after church. I will also try to get that set up of for Fallout NV at that time and see what you can come up with. Thanks for looking into that I appreciate that.

SSE MelModel you wrote (is this final?

Yes that's what I will be using for MelModel for both Skyrim and Skyrim SE. However, I was looking for you help with the importing issue so I could see how to resolve it and issues with importing for Fallout NV. I don't have code ready to submit yet as I am trying to improve several things at the moment.

There are some typos in the docs)

I don't know what that is and I don't have visibility into that or the means with which to assist correcting that. Sorry.

Also thanks for the settings but I was wondering if I may request the settings.jar file that is created by exporting the settings. The reason I mentioned that was because your files are different then the pro version I have and so nothing seems to be recognized. I can't import settings from the .idea folder.  I have PyCharm 2018.2.1 (Professional Edition) Build #PY-182.3911.33, built on August 5, 2018.

@Utumno Thanks again for looking into that. I encountered this error trying to compile it.

Spoiler

Error! Unable to start Wrye Bash.

Please ensure Wrye Bash is correctly installed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 261, in _main
    bashIni, bush_game, game_ini_path = _detect_game(opts, bash_ini_path)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 377, in _detect_game
    bush_game = _import_bush_and_set_game(opts, bashIni)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 389, in _import_bush_and_set_game
    ret = bush.detect_and_set_game(opts.oblivionPath, bashIni)
  File "bash\bush.py", line 183, in detect_and_set_game
    __setGame(name, u' Using %(gamename)s game:')
  File "bash\bush.py", line 174, in __setGame
    game.init()
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\__init__.py", line 72, in init
    from .records import MreWthr, MreMato, MreLtex, MreMovt, MreWatr, \
  File "D:/repos/wrye-bash/Mopy/Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 63, in load_module
    mod = imp.load_source(fullname,filename+ext,fp)
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\records.py", line 74, in <module>
    from ..skyrim.records import MelMODS, MelBounds, MelDestructible, MelVmad
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1260, in <module>
    class MreActi(MelRecord):
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1274, in MreActi
    MelModel(),
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\records.py", line 57, in __init__
    MelMODS(types[2], 'alternateTextures'), )
ImportError: caused by ImportError(u'caused by NameError("global name \'MelMODS\' is not defined",)',)

Not sure I can resolve that on my own as there is no class MelMods in brec, it's in skyrim/records.py.

I have a slightly different approach for Skyrim and Skyrim SE so that would not be an issue. However, what I can do with Skyrim I can't do with Fallout NV. So see what you can do for Skyrim and Skyrim SE with that error above.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:26 AM, Sharlikran said:

@Utumno Thanks again for looking into that. I encountered this error trying to compile it.

Hide contents

Error! Unable to start Wrye Bash.

Please ensure Wrye Bash is correctly installed.

File "bash\bash.py", line 261, in _main
    bashIni, bush_game, game_ini_path = _detect_game(opts, bash_ini_path)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 377, in _detect_game
    bush_game = _import_bush_and_set_game(opts, bashIni)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 389, in _import_bush_and_set_game
    ret = bush.detect_and_set_game(opts.oblivionPath, bashIni)
  File "bash\bush.py", line 183, in detect_and_set_game
    __setGame(name, u' Using %(gamename)s game:')
  File "bash\bush.py", line 174, in __setGame
    game.init()
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\__init__.py", line 72, in init
    from .records import MreWthr, MreMato, MreLtex, MreMovt, MreWatr, \
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\records.py", line 74, in <module>
    from ..skyrim.records import MelMODS, MelBounds, MelDestructible, MelVmad
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1260, in <module>
    class MreActi(MelRecord):
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1274, in MreActi
    MelModel(),
  File "bash\game\skyrimse\records.py", line 57, in __init__
    MelMODS(types[2], 'alternateTextures'), )
ImportError: caused by ImportError(u'caused by NameError("global name \'MelMODS\' is not defined",)',)

Not sure I can resolve that on my own as there is no class MelMods in brec, it's in skyrim/records.py.

I have a slightly different approach for Skyrim and Skyrim SE so that would not be an issue. However, what I can do with Skyrim I can't do with Fallout NV. So see what you can do for Skyrim and Skyrim SE with that error above.

Good one - will try and fix it - will post here

15 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

@Utumno Thought I would have had time today for Fallout NV, but I didn't. I'll try tomorrow.

No need I guess I removed the star imports myself

On 9/30/2018 at 8:43 AM, Sharlikran said:

Yes that's what I will be using for MelModel for both Skyrim and Skyrim SE. However, I was looking for you help with the importing issue so I could see how to resolve it and issues with importing for Fallout NV. I don't have code ready to submit yet as I am trying to improve several things at the moment.

I don't know what that is and I don't have visibility into that or the means with which to assist correcting that. Sorry.

Also thanks for the settings but I was wondering if I may request the settings.jar file that is created by exporting the settings. The reason I mentioned that was because your files are different then the pro version I have and so nothing seems to be recognized. I can't import settings from the .idea folder.  I have PyCharm 2018.2.1 (Professional Edition) Build #PY-182.3911.33, built on August 5, 2018.

The jar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b242qzu7hdnboyf/settings.jar?dl=0

I pushed a commit that fixes the MelMODS traceback.

My understanding was that you want a different MelModel for Wrye Bash for skyrim and a different for SSE correct?

My understanding was that you want a different MelModel for Wrye Bash for skyrim and a different for SSE correct?

Not anymore, both Skyrim and Skyrim SE need to remove the hashes so I will be using the same code. I reported this because import * caused MelModel from Skyrim SE to not be used.

Spoiler

> ranks: []
> reputation: None
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 436, in <lambda>
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 209, in PatchExecute
File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 300, in _save_pbash
File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4044, in safeSave
File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4067, in save
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 217, in dump
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 208, in getSize
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 208, in <genexpr>
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1611, in getSize
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1702, in dumpData
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1277, in dumpData
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1063, in dumpData
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1000, in dumpData
AttributeError: 'MelObject' object has no attribute 'groupCombatReaction'

Fallout NV has the above error and Import * is probably causing an issue. So if you have resolved two things for me I am hoping I can use your examples to figure the rest out on my own.

Thanks for that I'll work on it and I'll see if I can get all the records to be imported properly. Indecently Fallout 4 will need this and while I am not done with the records for Fallout 4 it seems glitchy as if something wasn't importing right, so what you have showed me should help.

Thank you so far.

6 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Not anymore, both Skyrim and Skyrim SE need to remove the hashes so I will be using the same code. I reported this because import * caused MelModel from Skyrim SE to not be used.

Hide contents

> ranks: []
> reputation: None
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 436, in <lambda>
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 209, in PatchExecute
File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 300, in _save_pbash
File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4044, in safeSave
File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4067, in save
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 217, in dump
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 208, in getSize
File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 208, in <genexpr>
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1611, in getSize
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1702, in dumpData
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1277, in dumpData
File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1063, in dumpData
AttributeError: 'MelObject' object has no attribute 'groupCombatReaction'

Fallout NV has the above error and Import * is probably causing an issue. So if you have resolved two things for me I am hoping I can use your examples to figure the rest out on my own.

Thanks for that I'll work on it and I'll see if I can get all the records to be imported properly. Indecently Fallout 4 will need this and while I am not done with the records for Fallout 4 it seems glitchy as if something wasn't importing right, so what you have showed me should help.

Thank you so far.

If you want to use the same MelModel then all this machinery I set up is not needed really - you just add the MelModel to skyrim.records.py and it gets imported from there

Now about the traceback - I need to know what record is failing

To really help I would need a technical report of what you are trying to achieve - not sure about it yet

On 10/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, Utumno said:

If you want to use the same MelModel then all this machinery I set up is not needed really - you just add the MelModel to skyrim.records.py and it gets imported from there

Now about the traceback - I need to know what record is failing

To really help I would need a technical report of what you are trying to achieve - not sure about it yet

I have not had time to test this very much but Imports were not being recognized for Skyrim SE. I will test it when I can. Then aside from that, the Fallout NV error I listed, and Fallout 4 (importing some Skyrim records) didn't seem to recognize what I was adding to records.py and I don't think CTDA was working correctly. So there are/were hidden import issues.

EDIT: I was looking at the import inventory patcher by mistake and mispoke. The "Merge Patches" patcher seems correct.

Thank you let me look at your changes, I think I can use it to get things working. Let me do more testing. I appreciate it.

EDIT2: Thank you for the settings.jar, I made a backup of my current settings and imported yours and it looks great. The version I have just was not using the information from your .idea folder that you have as a GitHub. Thanks again.

So 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, Sharlikran said:

Imports not being recognized for Skyrim SE, the Fallout NV error I listed, and Fallout 4 (importing some Skyrim records) didn't seem to recognize what I was adding to records.py and I don't think CTDA was working correctly. So there are/were hidden import issues.

EDIT: I was looking at the import inventory patcher by mistake and mispoke. The "Merge Patches" patcher seems correct.

Thank you let me look at your changes, I think I can use it to get things working. Let me do more testing. I appreciate it.

EDIT2: Thank you for the settings.jar, I made a backup of my current settings and imported yours and it looks great. The version I have just was not using the information from your .idea folder that you have as a GitHub. Thanks again.

So MelModel is imported correctly for skyrim SE?

Could you please provide me with the record info for the fnv traceback? Do it on my wip branch so I have correct line numbers (and I know what code to look at) - use PyCharm's debugger for this - put a breakpoint in:

or whatever this line is on ut-wip

I edited my post slightly. When users on the nexus post things, I don't have any minimal reproducers to provide, and they don't read the sticky posts, or wiki pages that you put on GitHub, nobody cares. They just want to post the error and let the devs figure it out. When I can, I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm not trying to impose. At this time I'm good thanks. I needed help getting the Skyrim SE imports to work better, and they seem to be working fine.  However, I still need to test more. Thanks again for that.  I think I have enough to get me going. So don't worry about it for now because I have family and RL things to attend to for a few days.

Guys I have taken myself off the Permissions list of all Wrye Bash Nexus pages - I am unlikely to be very active in the TES community in the future, and we have seen before when someones account can be taken over by someone else on Nexus who is no longer active ( I dont know if this is still possible these days, but just in case), and then much Chaos can be executed on your own account without knowledge "Ooh shiny new Wrye Bash version" only embedded with a multi-layered encrypted malware delivery war octopus ( TM :) ) .

Only snag is I dont know if anyone would be able to unlock and unsticky the sticky posts in the comments if I am not around (which I swear hardly anyone ever reads anyway, at least two thirds of the questions I answered in the comments could be answered with "See the sticky comment")

So anyway, they have been unlocked and unstickied .. Anyone wants to dig them up you will need to trawl back in the comments history to when I first made them = Probably a few years ago by now. Maybe better looking through the Nexus Forums copy of the same comments 'topic'.

10 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Okay I'll take a look during the week and get them back up. Thanks for letting me know.

;) Got a link to one of them here - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5213770-wrye-bash/page-3#entry46189220

Edit : The spoiler at the bottom of that post is all the beta 3 release info compiled by @Beermotor, might be worth copying a chunk of that and updating it as a starting point for when WB comes out of beta.

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or 
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 227, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 393, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4018, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1955, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1702, in _modinfos_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1810, in refreshLoadOrder
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 300, in refresh_lo
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 250, in _update_cache
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 227, in get_load_order
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 246, in _cached_or_fetch
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 676, in _fetch_load_order
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Skyrim.esm')

things that might have caused the problem (i have no idea im just throwing blind shots)

game is on D drive (C is OS)

i tried using vortex but i stopped as the guide im using doesnt support it (i reinstalled wyrebash a few times now) if i keep being lost ill just reinstall skyrim

cant find skyrim.esm but the game works fine, mods installed currently are the altenative start mod and sky ui. 

Just one more thing I found, not sure if its a concern or not, I dont really understand these ESL's

CBBE SE 1.5 just introduced a plugin to its setup - CBBE.ESL

Wrye Bash installs everything fine as usual (its structured into sub-packages quite nicely). And the first sub-package (required), includes the plugin.

My concerns (probably nothing to worry about) :

1. Should it be coming up as green (as if its a fully mergeable plugin, should we be doing that with ESL's?)

2. Should it be given an Index number, when really these plugins records are loaded last anyway (I think) at FE (which is reserved in Skyrim SE for these plugins records)

5fb16VJ.png

@Utumno I know Elminster has been busy progressing the understanding of ESL's for xEdit development, and the Plugin Files and You topic has been updated recently to reflect the more up to date understanding ..

.. I just havent seen anything other than that being discussed here (I'm guessing you are all in the Discord forum thing) with regards to Wrye Bash, so thought it worth a mention before I slide away (again).

@Beermotor Your Wizard still only needs to be updated for the last sub-package in CBBE 1.5

Spoiler
On 10/12/2018 at 6:14 PM, Zeke said:

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or 
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 227, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 393, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4018, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1955, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1702, in _modinfos_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1810, in refreshLoadOrder
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 300, in refresh_lo
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 250, in _update_cache
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 227, in get_load_order
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 246, in _cached_or_fetch
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 676, in _fetch_load_order
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Skyrim.esm')

things that might have caused the problem (i have no idea im just throwing blind shots)

game is on D drive (C is OS)

i tried using vortex but i stopped as the guide im using doesnt support it (i reinstalled wyrebash a few times now) if i keep being lost ill just reinstall skyrim

cant find skyrim.esm but the game works fine, mods installed currently are the altenative start mod and sky ui. 

Error indicates that plugins are not sorted, or the file is missing from the data folder which can't be. If you run Wrye Bash exclusively as a mod manager and use nothing else then just sort your mods with LOOT.  Otherwise Wrye Bash has to be run from mod managers and we don't use any of them. Please look for support forums or Discord channels they all have support options now. If you are using MO2 the Discord channel is in the comments section on all the Nexus pages in the sticky post.

3 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@Utumno I know Elminster has been busy progressing the understanding of ESL's for xEdit development, and the Plugin Files and You topic has been updated recently to reflect the more up to date understanding ..

.. I just havent seen anything other than that being discussed here (I'm guessing you are all in the Discord forum thing) with regards to Wrye Bash, so thought it worth a mention before I slide away (again).

@Beermotor Your Wizard still only needs to be updated for the last sub-package in CBBE 1.5

No .esl files or .esp files with an ESL flag should not be merged into the bash patch as it serves no purpose. The Merge Patcher will only merge mods that do not have new records. A file that qualifies for an ESL flag can have new records. Plugins given the .esl extension may also be present to activate the BSA or BA2. Flagging the file means it is no longer mergable.

It is best to use xEdit to check if the mod qualifies and then flag it as an ESL even if the extension is .esp. If you would like to discuss this more there is an xEdit Discord. You can do so by downloading any new version of xEdit from GitHub and click the Discord button.

Utumno has asked others like Beermotor and CptMcSploody to make EXE versions for people to test any changes or code for submission prior to submitting changes. If you would like to use one of the dev versions, a Wrye Bash discord is available.

Discord has TFA if you need/want that.

Sharl I am not sure you understood the reason for my post, the bit you quoted is to be taken in light of what I said prior to the screenshot, and given the screenshot you will notice that the CBBE.ESL is green, the only plugins that are usually green are fully mergeable ones, like the other three green ones in my load order which are marked with a + (Merged and De-activated) as already being merged.

I dont think Wrye Bash will actually merge CBBE.ESL, its just that it is green, people will be asking why does this plugin not merge like the others. If there is something about these plugins that Wrye Bash is distinguishing as being similar to fully mergeable plugins, then maybe they need a new colour for .ESL

My other question was does Wrye Bash really need to be adding an Index number to the plugin which is just going to be loaded at FE anyway so it is taking up a slot kind of unnecessarily, even though it needs to be activated (tick in the box), can an ESL be made to not bump the slot index number, so in my load order you would have ...

Tick - Dyndolod.esm - 08

Tick - CBBE.esL - __  <- New Colour and no Index

Tick - Verdant - 09  <- Not 0A, because CBBE.esL did not bump the index

The reason I am directing the questions @Utumno is because I dont think he has seen the latest information developments as linked, maybe he has, but visited without commenting, and Discords are not linked here if he is using one. Reading through them in the hopes you might find something relevant, by one person, in all the sub-discord topics is a pain in the arse, so I would prefer asking here in a simple forum topic ( or it would be a simple topic if other people were not answering on behalf of someone else .. But I guess we all do that from time to time :), I know you are just trying to help ). Discords seem to get linked in posts in topics which are easily lost and hard to find later, and you need the original link invite to get there if you do not wish to become a 'member'? of the Discord. Confusing, dont like them, so I am not interested in joining, heck I am still trying to get away from normal topics about beth games - I just thought the finding of how Wrye Bash is presenting these ESL plugins might be worth looking into.

Maybe its something specific about this particular ESL, hence why I linked the mod in my previous post just in case.

Edit : Wait, are the WIP Builds on Discord still based on Utumno's GitHUB ? .. Confused as to what is what, is Utumno no longer doing nightly builds, are the Discord builds a new fork ???

@Sharlikran - Just tried your 20181013 build of the Installer (and installed Standalone from that)

My suggestion about changing the colour of ESL's .. Someone already thought of it eh? :)

The Index number though, could Wrye Bash be made to work like the most recent LOOT does, it lists the ESL plugin as active, and gives it a special FE Index number, which does not bump the normal Index number ..

iXz8LJB.png

IIX7HBV.png

.. Whereas Wrye Bash bumps the Index number. So anyone with one plugin less than the Maximum, thinking an ESL addition will not bump the Index because the game loads it at FE, will in fact stop the game from loading because what was their last mod at FD has now been bumped to FE .. Which is reserved (like FF is for the save game).

Found a problem (I went ahead and started trying your version, and Rebuilt the Bashed Patch)

First the Progress Bar box Rebuilding the Bashed Patch is popping behind Wrye Bash window a lot more than it used to, you have to occasionally click the Wrye Bash window to make the progress bar pop back to front again.

Second - After Rebuilding the Bashed Patch, those three fully Mergeable Mods (Green) become completely de-activated (no tick in the box and also no + in the box - They should have a + as they have been merged into the Bashed Patch.

0JIVnIk.png

Edit : REALLY NICE TO SEE MORE PATCHERS FOR SSE :D, they have been needed for sooooo long.

Edit 2 : Aswell as the Mergeable mods not being deselected properly, it seems the whole "Merge Patches" option in the Rebuild Patch dialogue is missing, so Wrye Bash cant currently Merge them

A simple forum is understandable. And yes just trying to help.

In reference to nightly build. I am not sure what Utumno has or hasn't had time to do lately. I'm not trying to impose on his time if I can. If he were working on things I'm sure he would make another build.

The reason for the testing is because he would prefer, last time he mentioned it, that the code is tested. I'm not trying to have another fork this is strictly for testing. I don't want to make a pull request with something that doesn't work.

- Just tried your 20181013 build of the Installer (and installed Standalone from that)

My suggestion about changing the colour of ESL's .. Someone already thought of it eh? :)

Yes you can change the colors in settings. Yellow looks good on a black background but not sure how it will look otherwise.

The Index number though, could Wrye Bash be made to work like the most recent LOOT does, it lists the ESL plugin as active, and gives it a special FE Index number, which does not bump the normal Index number ..

That would require a major rewrite of the code. Wrye Bash for Oblivion was capable of working with 400 plugins as far as I know because Arthmoor has told me someone from the old Beth forums had a load order that way. Keeping functionality for the Bash Patch and cosmetically indexing the plugins with FE might break something. I don't see why it couldn't be done at some point but I don't know what would be involved.

.. Whereas Wrye Bash bumps the Index number. So anyone with one plugin less than the Maximum, thinking an ESL addition will not bump the Index because the game loads it at FE, will in fact stop the game from loading because what was their last mod at FD has now been bumped to FE .. Which is reserved (like FF is for the save game).

Elminster has well over 450 plugins and most are ESL flagged .esp files. The game has no issue with ESL flagedsm because the ESL flag has nothing to do with load order as mentioned in the xEdit docs here.

A Bash Patch at FD would still be the winning plugin. ESL flag only applies to how the file is mapped in memory. The Bash Patch will still be the winning plugin.

Found a problem (I went ahead and started trying your version, and Rebuilt the Bashed Patch)

First the Progress Bar box Rebuilding the Bashed Patch is popping behind Wrye Bash window a lot more than it used to, you have to occasionally click the Wrye Bash window to make the progress bar pop back to front again.

That is not something that my changes are causing. Elminster explained something to me about that when xEdit was sort of doing the same thing, but I forget what he called it. To resolve it in xEdit he simply has it display something about every 10 seconds otherwise it looks like it froze or as you were explaining the focus or which window is in the foreground changes in an unexpected way. It's just processing.

Second - After Rebuilding the Bashed Patch, those three fully Mergeable Mods (Green) become completely de-activated (no tick in the box and also no + in the box - They should have a + as they have been merged into the Bashed Patch.

Edit 2 : Aswell as the Mergeable mods not being deselected properly, it seems the whole "Merge Patches" option in the Rebuild Patch dialogue is missing, so Wrye Bash cant currently Merge them

In reference to the testing or dev build on discord. For SSE and FO4 plugins are not mergable. It makes no sense as mentioned in my earlier post. To update things. Select all mods even the DLC. It is best to shift click the first mod and the last to mass select them all.

After you have selected them right click the selected mods and you will see "Check for ESL qualifications" in place of "Mark for mergable". Click "Check for ESL qualifications" and that will mark the mods you can add an ESL flag to. This is a rudimentary routine. If you want to more thoroughly check use xedit as it can check esl qualifications better.

Adding an ESL flag is optional but is far better then merging plugins. An ESL flagged .esp file does not take up a full slot. A mod that qualifies to be merged like it would with original Skryim cannot have new records, but an ESL flagged file can if within the allowed range.

If you would like to see a report click the pencil in the bottom toolbar for Skyrim SE and it will explain whether or not ESL verification should be checked with xEdit.

Thanks for reporting the plugin may look like it can be mergable with a '+', if that is still available, that's probably confusing. I will also check that the Merge Patcher isn't somehow running anyway when it's not available.

Edit : REALLY NICE TO SEE MORE PATCHERS FOR SSE :D, they have been needed for sooooo long.

CaptMcSploody also working with LOOT has uncovered some things that needed improvement. They patchers are working a bit better now for both Skyrim and Skyrim SE.

1 hour ago, Sharlikran said:

Thanks for reporting the plugin may look like it can be mergable with a + that's probably confusing. I'll update that.

Er, AHA!, lightbulb moment :) - Removing a feature which has always been unique to Wrye Bash, Mark Mergeable and the associated Merge Patches in the build dialogue freeing up slots for more mods .. Seems a bit radical, but I get it :

Right click and check if a plugin Qualifies for being an ESL (and I guess most of what we class as mergeable, comes up green, will qualify)

If the check proves positive that the plugin is capable of being an ESL - Eslify self

Which then turns it into an ESL .. Which will have all of its records load at FE = Replacing one method of freeing up slots for another

Cool

WngsOWe.png

So effectively sweeping all those records into FE loading later than everything, which would have been the same as merging them into a Bashed Patch loading last. 

Now we just need Wrye Bash to allocate FE 000, FE 001, FE 002 etc etc to such plugins Index (just like LOOT does) instead of bumping the Index, then we are once again fully freeing up those slots for even more mods (which was the whole point of Merging mods fully into the Bashed Patch)

mqOfTBO.png

Is that roughly the plan?, I'm guessing someone still needs to pull off the snake charming on the Index to make it work

Edit : Woops, just seen your huge amount of edits, doesnt matter though I got the gist of it. Thanks Sharlikran.

Now we just need Wrye Bash to allocate FE 000, FE 001, FE 002 etc etc to such plugins Index (just like LOOT does) instead of bumping the Index, then we are once again fully freeing up those slots for even more mods (which was the whole point of Merging mods fully into the Bashed Patch)

Is that roughly the plan?, I'm guessing someone still needs to pull off the snake charming on the Index to make it work

Not the plan. Although for cosmetic reasons to make it look neat, yes if someone is willing to make it have FE 000 but not effect the fact that in hex the index might be 08 Hex, then hey I'm not stopping anyone. But that FE thing is cosmetic only.

You are still seeing mods at each index as the next subsequent mod. 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, FE 000, FE 001, and so on. Whatever you want to call it. I don't have a name for it other then a cosmetic way to differentiate an ESL flagged file from other files.

So effectively sweeping all those records into FE loading later than everything,

It is a decade old concept that I had trouble with myself.

If you have mods with an ESL flag, regardless of their index in Bash, the bash patch being an .esp file with no ESL flag, the Bash Patch still wins even though the perception is that mods mapped to FE will always win. This is not how the game works as tested by other people. Even Arthmoor had to tell me that himself. Elminster, Roy, and someone from the SKSE team I believe tested it.

Having a mixture of mods with and without an ESL flag up to well over 450 mods the Bash Patch will still win even though it has no ESL flag. ESL flag has nothing to do with load order.

Yes but if we are bumping the Index in Bash, then Bash will only allow you to go up to 256 plugin slots (0-255 including vanilla plugins), if someone has 260 plugins, and 4 of them are ESL, really they should all Load in Wrye Bash for the purpose of rebuilding the patch, because 4 which are ESL should not count towards the normal index limit .. Or has the limit been removed, which puts the onus on the user not to exceed the limit without warning ?

Edit : .. Or, does Bash now automatically allow an Index overspill of an equal number to the amount of ESLs are in the Load Order