Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

38 minutes ago, Desesperado said:

Where do I get that version (307.201807281453)? It is not in the Nexus page, only the 307.Beta3. If it is somewhere else, please tell me where do I get that Wrye Bash version. Also, if yoy want the bugdump.log, I already posted it in my previous post; if it is the bugdump of the version you ask, well, I need the place to download it.

And what do you mean with "Link for these "nightly" builds is always in the second post here"? I really don't know.

Compressed (zipped) files can be attached to the posts here. Look for the:

It's the Bleeding Edge code. Might be more noticeable with a nice bloody red colour and extra font weight. :P

2 hours ago, Utumno said:

Nope - the link to the code is in the second post here - this is the dropbox link to the nightlieshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/7b5ily482re0khs/AAD3vAWMVJNIpuS30tsdVte5a?dl=0

This version has extra debug prints for your error so I need the bugdump from that version, yes @Desesperado

Well, i still don't know what do you want me to do with those nightly buidls. As I said, I know very, very little about imformatics, programing or else. But I managed to install thw Wrye Bash 307.201807281453 and, I think, produce a bugdump.log out of it. and these are the two notepad blogs that resluted from that. Don't know what else I can do, and again am sorry if I do not get what you mean in your messages, english is not my mother language, and mixing it with programs terminology and vocabulary... well, see what happens with me.

BashBugDump.log

BashBugDump_startup.log

4 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

@Desesperado Now did you do the first thing in the sticky post from the Nexus? It says to run the launcher.

Which means this and not SKSE.

NPMMujz.jpg

Of course I did, from Steam page. I both run the launcher and the game from steam and from SKSE just to get if I installed it right. And yet Wrye Bash gives me the same pop up window.

Excellent job @Desesperado - there is a bug in Bash - new files same place, should fix it

EDIT: wait for the files to upload takes a while

Edited by Utumno

7 hours ago, Desesperado said:

Of course I did, from Steam page. I both run the launcher and the game from steam and from SKSE just to get if I installed it right. And yet Wrye Bash gives me the same pop up window.

I apologize, but the error pointed to a common issue where Wrye Bash can't fine the Steam configuration files. It's so common I can't help but presume that's the cause.  Although Utumno seems to have found the cause and has a fix for you to try.

2 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

I apologize, but the error pointed to a common issue where Wrye Bash can't fine the Steam configuration files. It's so common I can't help but presume that's the cause.  Although Utumno seems to have found the cause and has a fix for you to try.

Now that I read my own comment, it sounds harsh without need, sorry if it has bothered you. I still have to test the new Wrye Bash version myself, but I thank both of you for staying there to help me, and I am also glad that I helped you in return to find and solve a bug.

Again, thank you.

Updates for the Advanced Readme Bash Tag supported records/Changes.

https://github.com/CptMcSplody/wrye-bash/tree/advanced-readme-bashtags

I'm thinking of adding nav links for each game/tag as it's quite large now.

Edit: Actors.Anims or Actors.Animations?  Guide says Actors.Animations but code & Wrye Bash show 'Actors.Anims'

I'm not 100% on DEFLST tag definition or records. There may be more to it than below.

Removes entries from the FormID List (FLST) record.

Removal of FormID from (FLST) FormID List record: FormIDs (LNAM) FormID

Reposted from here

this is the debug dump from my latest attempt to get WB to start up.

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201807291447 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['D:\\GOG Games\\Oblivion\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '-d']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  398 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   86 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   88 _supportedGames:  Fallout3: D:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3
bush.pyo   88 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: d:\gog games\fallout new vegas
bush.pyo   88 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: d:\gog games\oblivion
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  152 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  d:\gog games\oblivion
bush.pyo  167 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: d:\gog games\oblivion
mods_metadata.pyo  230 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.13.2
testing UAC
Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 189, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 374, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4023, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1538, in __init__
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1538, in <genexpr>
AttributeError: 'Path' object has no attribute 'lower' 

Hope this helps

Please welcome @cptmcsplody everybody and do have a look at his edits to the readme - that's a needed piece of help!

@Skotte please try:

Make sure you run with -d again and post me the bugdump as you did - I need to get to the bottom of this

(wait for the files to upload)

5 hours ago, Utumno said:

Please welcome @cptmcsplody everybody and do have a look at his edits to the readme - that's a needed piece of help!

@Skotte please try:

Make sure you run with -d again and post me the bugdump as you did - I need to get to the bottom of this

(wait for the files to upload)

Ok, I tried to run the listed WB & it failed at startup so here is the bugdump in its entirety (though it looks to me like some info might have been lost)

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201807311531
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '-d']
bash.py  386 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   86 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  Fallout3: D:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: d:\gog games\fallout new vegas
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: d:\gog games\oblivion
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  152 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\GOG Games\Oblivion
bush.py  167 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: D:\GOG Games\Oblivion
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
barb.py  147 backup_settings:
barb.py  148 backup_settings: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: D:\GOG Games\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backup Bash Settings Oblivion (2018-07-31 13.01.54) v307.201612302300-307.201807311531.7z
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat.bak
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z].ini <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z].ini
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\BreakUndies, ~Old Settings [bu armor pack 2 includes patches.7z].ini <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\BreakUndies, ~Old Settings [bu armor pack 2 includes patches.7z].ini
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_eng_TranslationRev2.7z].ini <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_eng_TranslationRev2.7z].ini
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak <-- C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat <-- C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashSettings.dat
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoSetBody, ~Old Settings [MeshExtendedSwapSystem 2_2.7z].ini <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\TamagoSetBody, ~Old Settings [MeshExtendedSwapSystem 2_2.7z].ini
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\xLoversMB2, ~Old Settings [LoversMB2 Rev4_01_movomo.7z].ini <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks\xLoversMB2, ~Old Settings [LoversMB2 Rev4_01_movomo.7z].ini
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- D:\GOG Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.py  160 _backup_settings: Oblivion Mods\Bash Instal

Thank you & I hope this helps

6 minutes ago, Utumno said:

@Skotte thanks please try again but answer No when it offers to backup settings

thanks for the tip. Here is the debug dump:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201807311531
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '-d']
bash.py  386 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   86 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  Fallout3: D:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: d:\gog games\fallout new vegas
bush.py   88 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: d:\gog games\oblivion
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  152 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\GOG Games\Oblivion
bush.py  167 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: D:\GOG Games\Oblivion
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
__init__.py 1541 __init__: _target_inis contain a Path [u'Oblivion.ini', u'Browse...', bolt.Path(u'All Natural.ini')]
Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 188, in main
    _main(opts)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 362, in _main
    app.Init() # Link.Frame is set here !
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3981, in Init
    self.InitData(progress)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4024, in InitData
    bosh.iniInfos.refresh(refresh_target=False)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1626, in refresh
    _added, _deleted, _updated = self._refresh_infos()
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1603, in _refresh_infos
    oldInfo = self.factory(self.store_dir.join(name))
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1491, in ini_info_factory
    INICount = IniFile.formatMatch(fullpath)
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.py", line 63, in formatMatch
    stripped = cls.reComment.sub(u'',line).strip()
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Thank you for your time & patience

@Skotte thanks! How did you add the All Natural.ini to your inis? Via BAIN ?

My guess is that there is a strange character in there - can you send me that ini?

5 minutes ago, Utumno said:

@Skotte thanks! How did you add the All Natural.ini to your inis? Via BAIN ?

My guess is that there is a strange character in there - can you send me that ini?

I was following this mod guide &

It suggested I use the wizard option

Quoting relevant section

All Natural 1.36

<skipping explanation of mod>

Download from: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18305/

This mod can be installed using the Bash wizard feature. Drag and drop in your Installers tab, select the archive, right click, Select the Wizard option instead of Install. Follow the on screen instructions (you probably want Full mod, support for Shivering Isles, and the compatibility patch with other mods). Up to you for the fog distance, darker nights option. It is important that BOSS is used to order the .esp files installed by this mod. Also, the mod requires using the Wrye Bash Bashed Patch.esp feature described at the end of this guide. You can do that after having finished installing mods.

Spoiler

please disregard, could not delete

the ini is attached.

All Natural.ini

12 minutes ago, Utumno said:

@Skotte - can you zip me the Ini Tweaks folder - it's not the All Natural.ini it's some of your ini tweaks - it's in the game Data directory

the zip is attached

INI Tweaks.zip

I'll be back later, gotta go for now though

@Skotte - the culprit is TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z].ini - remove it and Bash will start.

Edit: how this was produced ? It is a UCS-2 LE BOM encoded file

How difficult would it be to add an option to get the xEdit "expert mode" flags to load from the Bash.ini file instead of wherever the UI gets that from now?

12 hours ago, Utumno said:

@Skotte - the culprit is TamagoClub, ~Old Settings [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z].ini - remove it and Bash will start.

Edit: how this was produced ? It is a UCS-2 LE BOM encoded file

Removing that ini tweak.... woah, WB does start up Yaah.

I'm not sure... what I mean to say is that is that I never really even noticed the Ini tweaks folder until you mentioned. I don't know the parameters go into making the files that are in it. but the only WB I've used for the past year was (307 Beta1 standalone)

I wonder if the Ini tweaks used the same encoding as the INIs they are based on. Might it be a good idea for a bug listing - assuming that WB created those "~Old Settings" & it wasn't dealt with in the time since [WB 307 Beta 1].

btw here is the Ini file that was in [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z] I could not figure out how to see it's encoding.

Sorry for replying so late.

& thank you sincerely for WB & helping me to be able to use again.

TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.ini.zip

10 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

How difficult would it be to add an option to get the xEdit "expert mode" flags to load from the Bash.ini file instead of wherever the UI gets that from now?

Can you post me an issue - BashSettings.dat in My Games/[game] folder are the UI settings

9 hours ago, Skotte said:

Removing that ini tweak.... woah, WB does start up Yaah.

I'm not sure... what I mean to say is that is that I never really even noticed the Ini tweaks folder until you mentioned. I don't know the parameters go into making the files that are in it. but the only WB I've used for the past year was (307 Beta1 standalone)

I wonder if the Ini tweaks used the same encoding as the INIs they are based on. Might it be a good idea for a bug listing - assuming that WB created those "~Old Settings" & it wasn't dealt with in the time since [WB 307 Beta 1].

btw here is the Ini file that was in [TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.7z] I could not figure out how to see it's encoding.

Sorry for replying so late.

& thank you sincerely for WB & helping me to be able to use again.

TamagoClub115c_Rev4_Alpha1.ini.zip

Thanks, please download the code in my WIP branch https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/utumno-wip.zip as you use the python version. This version should be able to load your ini fine. Please experiment a bit to see if anything broke in the ini tab

Yes, Bash wrote that file but still, you may have opened it with some editor that saved it with this new encoding. Bash writes those files when you install a mod with an ini that has changed - so Bash creates a tweak with the differences.

- @Arthmoor @zilav I am working on fixing @Skotte's bug from the root - so:

- Is the Oblivion.ini encoding  'cp1252'? is this the case for all games?

- what about xSE ini file? Those can have any encoding?

I am trying to make Bash read any tweak ini file but force it to write the game ini(s) with 'cp1252'

I guess unicode for xSE inis is fine

Skyrim.ini is set for Windows 1252, which I assume is the same as cp1252. Same with SkyrimPrefs.ini.

SkyrimCustom.ini could be in whatever codepage the user's editor defaults to so that could get tricky, but mine appears to have defaulted to 1252.