Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

For the esl issue - Shouldn't they just be getting ignored, as in not counting towards the plugin count?

Edit : Oops bumped the page, see previous page for my testing of OSR

Even if people are rubbing their eyes, I'm happy to see FO3/FNV as part of it. I still could never promise I can get the other patchers working but even now the code looks much better. I even see some remote options for what I can do for the Race and Actors Patchers. Just not for Skyrim/SSE/FO4 because of the differences. I'll try to finish up with my Fallout 4 records. I don't know how much I have done, 20% or 30% so we will see.

@Langeston I did get lucky and Lojack made the Monitor External Installation routine one commit. So I was able to cherry pick that into valda's version.

I have install Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Skyrim, and SkyrimSE on a new system and install Wrye Bash with them. Two out of the three are working but Skyrim gives the following error at launch.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 227, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 393, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4018, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1955, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1702, in _modinfos_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1810, in refreshLoadOrder
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 300, in refresh_lo
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 250, in _update_cache
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 227, in get_load_order
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 246, in _cached_or_fetch
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 676, in _fetch_load_order
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Skyrim.esm')

I have install all three Elder Scrolls through Steam.

Please let me know what can be done to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

2 hours ago, Jasil said:

I have install Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Skyrim, and SkyrimSE on a new system and install Wrye Bash with them. Two out of the three are working but Skyrim gives the following error at launch.

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3981, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 4018, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1955, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1702, in _modinfos_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1810, in refreshLoadOrder
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 300, in refresh_lo
  File "bash\load_order.pyo", line 250, in _update_cache
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 227, in get_load_order
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 246, in _cached_or_fetch
  File "bash\games.pyo", line 676, in _fetch_load_order
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Skyrim.esm')

I have install all three Elder Scrolls through Steam.

Please let me know what can be done to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

There probably can't address that error without the entire Bash Log from the file BashBugDump.log. Please follow the instructions in this link. Also remember that the link will say to get the latest version so make sure you download Beta3 from the Nexus.

Normally I also say before doing any kind of troubleshooting, you should verify your game cache to make sure you don't have corrupt ESM files. I know you said you just reinstalled though.  When you do that you must run the official game launcher or widows will not be configured properly by Steam and Bash will not detect your game. You might want to run LOOT also because there really is no reason you should have issues with your ESM and load order files.  Something is very odd as if you might be using outdated versions of Wrye Bash, LOOT, and something else.

2 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

There probably can't address that error without the entire Bash Log from the file BashBugDump.log. Please follow the instructions in this link. Also remember that the link will say to get the latest version so make sure you download Beta3 from the Nexus.

Normally I also say before doing any kind of troubleshooting, you should verify your game cache to make sure you don't have corrupt ESM files. I know you said you just reinstalled though.  When you do that you must run the official game launcher or widows will not be configured properly by Steam and Bash will not detect your game. You might want to run LOOT also because there really is no reason you should have issues with your ESM and load order files.  Something is very odd as if you might be using outdated versions of Wrye Bash, LOOT, and something else.

It appears that my issue was a corrupted ESM. I tried playing Skyrim but it was not stable. So I disabled all the mods and then turned on a few at a time until I could determine which mod was corrupt. Now that the mod has been corrected, Wyre Bash run correctly. 

Thank you for the advice.

@Utumno Which branch is current now? I'm looking to work with the full branch or rebase that contains all wip and fo3/fnv support.  Is that utumno-wip yet or still 150-fo3-fnv-support? Gitk seems to imply it's 150-fo3-fnv-support?

@Utumno Got a user on Oblivion Nexus cant get things going for that setup. His game is the GOG version of Oblivion, installed to C:\Oblivion, so no issues with permissions.

Its a weird one I have not seen before, to do with a code page error trying to launch Wrye Bash for the first time, I cant repro with a fresh install of GOG Oblivion, any ideas ...

Hello,
I tried to install the last Wrye Bash ( Wrye Bash 307 Beta3 - Installer ), on my fresh install of Oblivion GOTY on Windows 10. I still haven't launch the game nor installed any mod outside the DLC shipped with the GOTY version. I've also installed all the dependencies : the last Python 2.7.15, pywin32-221.win32-py2.7, comtypes-0.6.2.win32 and wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.12.1-py27. Everything in 32bits.
I've looking for similar error on Google with no avail so I decided to post it there. I did also try the bleeding edge version found here https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/2 with the same result

Here is the error :

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or 
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3986, in Init
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3645, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3418, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 1734, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 251, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 212, in __init__
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1702, in __init__
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1815, in PopulateItems
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1760, in PopulateItem
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 760, in <lambda>
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 188, in formatDate
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 124, in decode
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp65001

Weird enough, the BashBugDump is almost empty, the sentence "testing UAC" was all I found inside it.

@alt3rn1ty He is using an unsupported codepage. That's like saying he is using an Icelandic version of Window 10 but Wrye Bash doesn't support it.  I'll respond there.

@Utumno Was there ever a way to print out the entire log or add all the important things to it like the users folder, language, and codepage? Because at the moment, I'm wondering what language he is using but I can't see it because it's not part of that error.

In other words I don't see this instead:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201807040057
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Python version: 2.7.14
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '-d']
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout3: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
mods_metadata.py  230 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.13.2

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3986, in Init
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3645, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3418, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 1734, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 251, in __init__
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 212, in __init__
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1702, in __init__
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1815, in PopulateItems
File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1760, in PopulateItem
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 760, in <lambda>
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 188, in formatDate
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 124, in decode
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp65001

Yes. On this rig, could play Ob at all without the stutter remover installed.

Output using code page 65001 is broken on Windows prior to 8 if that helps any. 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

For the esl issue - Shouldn't they just be getting ignored, as in not counting towards the plugin count?

Since it still makes no sense to patch ESL files, I still feel the same as I did before.

ESL files should not be sorted among ESP files. They should not be included in the bash patch. They should be after the bash patch because they load at FE. In reference to Alt3rn1ty's question... no, they should not be counted toward the plugin limit.

However, I remember there being many different opinions last time this was discussed. Not really trying to start the conversation again but there should be a way for people to better manage plugins.

The game probably still won't allow more then 254~ ESP files but will allow many ESL files and it makes sense to try to make that work.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:28 PM, Utumno said:

For this beta I would like to have the Installers menu rewrite by @Beermotor complete with readme edits - Beermotor are you here ?

I am now. I did a massive datacenter migration then got a new job in Denver, CO.  I've spent the past few months moving cross-country but I'm mostly set up now. 

I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on. :)  

Is there a trick to getting WB to recognize "Factions" tags?   I've added the tag to several esp descriptions. It recognizes others in the tag but not Factions.  (?)

@Sharlikran Thank you for taking the time to inform me of this. I've been using Wrye Flash and have pretty much gotten used to it's idiosyncrasies now. I have taken to using MO2 to make the really messy packages BAIN friendly, and it actually works pretty well in that regard, but there are some instances where monitoring an external installation through WB is preferable. I also noticed you added Create New Project to WF, another feature I missed, and ALSO uploaded WB 307 for NV. Keep up the good work!

WB really is the best mod manager for people like me who like to have all relevant information available at a glance, rather than hidden behind several mouse clicks. It was so ahead of its time and I wish more people understood just how powerful it is. The ONLY feature it lacks is FOMOD support, and unfortunately that is a big reason it will remain niche compared to MO2. I honestly wish FOMOD was never invented; I feel like it was a solution in search of a problem.

Thanks again to you, @alt3rn1ty, @Utumnoand everyone else associated with maintaining/modernizing Wrye Bash.

Best regards,

Langeston

edit: I know this is more of a dev thread, and I didn't contribute anything to it (sorry), I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate your hard work.

I suddenly have a perplexing problem with Oblivion.  I have removed all mod, enb, and obse influences and the problem persists.  It probably has nothing to do with WB, but perhaps you will forgive me and allow me to tap into your collective brains.  The game display remains at 1920x1080, but interface menu iteractions, world map, etc are confined to a space 1.5 inch smaller on the top and bottom and 3/4 inch smaller on the sides.  My mouse pointer still scales the full game display which means that menu options highlight and trigger at a mouse pointer offset.  The game map is unsuable because the links at the bottom don't seem to have a trigger point I can reach.  

The affect appears with the first game menu where you choose Continue, New, Load, etc and menus are not normal after that.

28 minutes ago, sombrero said:

I suddenly have a perplexing problem with Oblivion.  I have removed all mod, enb, and obse influences and the problem persists.  It probably has nothing to do with WB, but perhaps you will forgive me and allow me to tap into your collective brains.  The game display remains at 1920x1080, but interface menu iteractions, world map, etc are confined to a space 1.5 inch smaller on the top and bottom and 3/4 inch smaller on the sides.  My mouse pointer still scales the full game display which means that menu options highlight and trigger at a mouse pointer offset.  The game map is unsuable because the links at the bottom don't seem to have a trigger point I can reach.  

The affect appears with the first game menu where you choose Continue, New, Load, etc and menus are not normal after that.

I seem to have solved my own problem.  Delete oblivion.ini.  

2 hours ago, Langeston said:

The ONLY feature it lacks is FOMOD support, and unfortunately that is a big reason it will remain niche compared to MO2. I honestly wish FOMOD was never invented; I feel like it was a solution in search of a problem.

You are welcome for the addition of the two features you mentioned. I did cut and paste them so I can't really take credit. Those were Lokack's additions I just stole them from 301. Let me know if you have issues with them.

This and Valda's version should have some kind of FOMOD support. I don't know what kind though. For example a FOMOD file that is used with the actual OBMM. I think that's what Wrye Bash supports.  Neither Valda's version or Wrye Bash 307.Beta3 has NMM FOMOD or ALL in one XML installer support.

10 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Neither Valda's version or Wrye Bash 307.Beta3 has NMM FOMOD or ALL in one XML installer support.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I've gotten used to repackaging archives that are not BAIN friendly and I accept that limitation of WB, but the vast majority of the modding community just wants to be able to install a mod without having to completely restructure it first. And unfortunately, many mod authors are ignorant of/ apathetic to/ hostile towards the idea of packing their mods in a BAIN friendly manner, pretty much necessitating Vortex, NMM, or MO2. XP32 and pretty much any of CC's mods are perfect examples of this. Any time I'm about to recommend WB to someone, I have to remind myself about the lack of scripted installer support and wind up recommending MO2 instead, even though I don't personally use or like it myself. 

I almost wonder if someone has Python code for it and we just don't know. However, I also wonder if BAT will convert the files. I have never used it myself. I have wanted to get it added to Wrye Bash to the docs and the toolbar. However, I added it at one point and there was some issue I overlooked and they reverted it I need to look into that again.

Never the less this is the link BAIN Archive Tools - BAT by Surazal.

EDIT: I did just notice this and this hunting down code to read XML.

EDIT2: I don't think I could ever write code to perform the installation. However, sometimes it's easy for me to convert one format to another. I wonder if I could simply convert the XML to wizard.txt and then let the internal code run it's course.

Ref FOMod scripted installation - Check out erri120's progress in the Github issue ..

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/380

@Utumno - Now that FOMod support is looking like a thing that will become - Any thoughts on what Wrye Bash will do if it comes across a BAIN that is also a fomod ?

My preference would be that it defaults to BAIN and using the wizard, seeing as that is native, as opposed to choosing the FOMod scripted install in the same archive ..

.. For examples to test (So probably worth linking this post in the FOMod issue on Github for reference as a testing resource)

I have a few multi-mod manager friendlies : Kill The Orchestra and Alt Navetsea UNP Seamless - They are both for Skyrim SE, are dual scripted with BAIN Wizard and FOMod scripting, and have a logical overwrite sub-package structure for BAIN manual sub-package selection. They both also have links back to the Skyrim LE version of the same mods if required for testing on that game.

I also have CBBE SE Diffuse Map Options which is dual scripted, but its only for Skyrim SE (format of textures is BC7).

12 hours ago, Beermotor said:

I am now. I did a massive datacenter migration then got a new job in Denver, CO.  I've spent the past few months moving cross-country but I'm mostly set up now. 

I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on. :)  

No more fighting with the jungle at the end of the garden then?, Good to see you upon this mortal plane.

Got an update for you in Mertz WizBains

13 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Since it still makes no sense to patch ESL files, I still feel the same as I did before.

ESL files should not be sorted among ESP files. They should not be included in the bash patch. They should be after the bash patch because they load at FE. In reference to Alt3rn1ty's question... no, they should not be counted toward the plugin limit.

However, I remember there being many different opinions last time this was discussed. Not really trying to start the conversation again but there should be a way for people to better manage plugins.

The game probably still won't allow more then 254~ ESP files but will allow many ESL files and it makes sense to try to make that work.

ESL all share load order ID FE, but heir actual load order is before all ESP that are not masters of ESL files. For games supporting ESL files, load order ID and load order index are no longer identical.

• Thanks 2

I would like to understand how ESL files work for my own personal knowledge. Thanks for the explanation Hlp. I'll continue the technical aspect of ESL files in my gmail.

I still want to avoid another lengthy conversation about them. I'm referring to what Alt3rn1ty posted in reference to the nexus user reporting an issue where he has about 28 plugins over the limit. Possibly 283 plugins instead of other potential users that have more. It still seems like an inconvenience to me to have to disable plugins prior to building the bash patch. Especially if ESL files are involved. However, as mentioned before no ESL file should ever be included in the bash patch, not as a merged mod, and not even for leveled lists.

I believe the last time I saw people speaking about this that was the case. They are sorted however the community chose but they are ignored during the patching process. Hopefully that's still the case. If it is then they should not count toward the plugin limit.

I'm concerned with making sure a user loads 283, 275, 300, 500 plugins regardless of how many ESL files there are and can still make a bash patch without any issues and without processing the ESL files only the ESP files.

What I want to avoid discussing:

• How ESL files are processed at runtime in game
  • How they are sorted
  • Load order of ESL files. Except in regards to the Wrye Bash engine not adding ESL files in any FormID indexes.

What I am trying to advocate for users:

• Making sure users can make a bash patch with esl files installed. Even when the amount of ESL files puts them over the plugin limit.
  • Make sure ESL files are not included in the bash patch.

2 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I have a few multi-mod manager friendlies : Kill The Orchestra and Alt Navetsea UNP Seamless - They are both for Skyrim SE, are dual scripted with BAIN Wizard and FOMod scripting, and have a logical overwrite sub-package structure for BAIN manual sub-package selection. They both also have links back to the Skyrim LE version of the same mods if required for testing on that game.

I also have CBBE SE Diffuse Map Options which is dual scripted, but its only for Skyrim SE (format of textures is BC7).

I wish every mod author thought like this. I've seen enough frustrated posts by others trying to get the word out about BAIN friendly archives and Wizards to realize that it probably won't happen though.

The sad fact is, I don't think most mod authors nowadays even realize that WB can actually be used to install mods. Everyone just thinks of it as a utility to create a bashed patch and that's pretty much it. Every modding guide out there today has basically relegated it to that job, and that job alone.