Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

I just built the 150-fo3-fnv-support branch (307.201803041642). I don't see any issues with the installer. There are no issues in the NSIS installer either.

Going back to playing Kingdom Come.

4 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

You can't fit all the games on one screen and the installer can't be resized. The previous code was pushing other installers off the screen. In you screen shot it tells you that Fallout installations will be next.

I thought that might be the case, but then if it is, why could the previous installer include Fallout 4 (see my screenshots in my last post)

The newer standalone installer is only listing 3 games of the 6 I have installed, when it previously could list 4

1 hour ago, fireundubh said:

I just built the 150-fo3-fnv-support branch (307.201803041642). I don't see any issues with the installer. There are no issues in the NSIS installer either.

Going back to playing Kingdom Come.

Does the installer in your case list all 6 games to install Wrye Bash to ?

For me, Fallout 4 appears on a second screen, so I'm not sure what's up with your screenshot.

2018-03-06 23_51_08.jpg

2018-03-06 23_51_22.jpg

As an aside, it's kind of silly that Wrye Bash needs to be installed into each game directory. Some work should be done so that's not a requirement.

xEdit has a similar problem in that you have to rename the binary for each game. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, fireundubh said:

As an aside, it's kind of silly that Wrye Bash needs to be installed into each game directory. Some work should be done so that's not a requirement.

Well, wryeBash can be installed in one place and then redirect it via the ini - that's what I am doing - or via the switch game button, that however has its share of issues (see relevant issue https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/399). Now that there are more games supported and starts getting silly we should look into it. It's not so much of a coding issue (although the installer should be redesigned and that button rethought and documented) but a docs and heads up issue.

What do you want from me now? :innocent:

Well basically verify that the installer edits are ok - https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/commit/66d04569f6a2b10f125894e8a4858474bb0a6f9d

And thanks for prompt reply did I forget to say ?:)

Having an odd issue with Bash 307 Beta 2 in FO4, wondering if this is normal behavior or something weird on my end:

I bought the modular backpack mod from the CC. When I fired up Bash after the ESL downloaded, it was automatically placed below the vanilla and game ESMs, and above ESMs that come from mods. That seemed to make sense based on the ESL behavior rules Arthmoor wrote up a while back, so it seemed OK to me.

However, after playing and making a couple of saves, I started Bash again. The load order tab is still the same. But when I look at the Saves tab, the new saves are highlighted yellow, and the saves' load order shows the ESL is below all my ESMs and ESM-flagged ESPs (e.g. the UFO4P). When I try to move the ESL in the load order to match the saves, Bash won't let me.  So I seem to be stuck with yellow saves, which just drives my OCD nuts.

This happens with both 307 Beta 2 from Nexus, and the daily build dated 20180304.  Any thoughts?

11 hours ago, fireundubh said:

xEdit has a similar problem in that you have to rename the binary for each game. :facepalm:

It doesn't. I have Wrye Bash currently installed in its own folder and I use the "choose game" option from the main menu when it starts.

7 hours ago, Utumno said:

Well, wryeBash can be installed in one place and then redirect it via the ini - that's what I am doing - or via the switch game button, that however has its share of issues (see relevant issue https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/399). Now that there are more games supported and starts getting silly we should look into it. It's not so much of a coding issue (although the installer should be redesigned and that button rethought and documented) but a docs and heads up issue.

Well basically verify that the installer edits are ok - https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/commit/66d04569f6a2b10f125894e8a4858474bb0a6f9d

And thanks for prompt reply did I forget to say ?:)

So long as the single folder install support never dies I will remain a content lizard :P

2 hours ago, InAComaDial999 said:

Having an odd issue with Bash 307 Beta 2 in FO4, wondering if this is normal behavior or something weird on my end:

I bought the modular backpack mod from the CC. When I fired up Bash after the ESL downloaded, it was automatically placed below the vanilla and game ESMs, and above ESMs that come from mods. That seemed to make sense based on the ESL behavior rules Arthmoor wrote up a while back, so it seemed OK to me.

However, after playing and making a couple of saves, I started Bash again. The load order tab is still the same. But when I look at the Saves tab, the new saves are highlighted yellow, and the saves' load order shows the ESL is below all my ESMs and ESM-flagged ESPs (e.g. the UFO4P). When I try to move the ESL in the load order to match the saves, Bash won't let me.  So I seem to be stuck with yellow saves, which just drives my OCD nuts.

This happens with both 307 Beta 2 from Nexus, and the daily build dated 20180304.  Any thoughts?

Load order behavior is based on what the game itself will tell you when you go look at it in the in-game UI. Not even Bethesda is consistent in this since form IDs in ESL files will be remapped during runtime to load in the FE slot. So Bash is correct on the load order since that order will determine which way they override each other in the game once their forms are mapped.

12 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Load order behavior is based on what the game itself will tell you when you go look at it in the in-game UI. Not even Bethesda is consistent in this since form IDs in ESL files will be remapped during runtime to load in the FE slot. So Bash is correct on the load order since that order will determine which way they override each other in the game once their forms are mapped.

Well, ESL's don't even show up in the in-game UI.  In any case, I understand about the form ID remapping.  This is more of a display issue in Bash.

The problem is that Bash is showing me two different things.  It's easier to show it than explain it:

Here is my Mods tab and here is my saves tab.

So two things are wrong in the Saves tab: the ESL is shown after the last ESM, and the Current LO plugin numbering does not match the way the game is loading the files.  And because the ESL is at 07 in the Mods list but 6E in the Saves, Bash thinks my plugins are out of order.

Not sure there is an easy fix for this.  Perhaps Bash should ignore ESLs for purposes of plugin numbering?

The concept of ESL, ESM, and ESP files being displayed in any UI has been discussed. This is nothing new for NMM, LOOT, or even Vortex when it's out. I have not kept up with Vortex if it's released.

The thing is that people want things to be displayed they way they were in the past. What people don't get is that Bethesda made the decision to add ESL files arbitrarily to the save game. They simply appended a block of file names nothing more. Because of how Bethesda loads ESL files at runtime, because of how they arbitrarily appended the file names to the save game, and because of how they keep all the technical information from us that could be used to explain things to users this isn't something that can be discussed without many different opinions.

Needless to say it is what it is and regardless of how it's handled if someone needs it to be different and is willing to write the python code for Wrye Bash they can volunteer their time to do so and submit it for approval. I am sure Utumno would be willing to take a look at things, after some scrutiny of course.

21 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

why could the previous installer include Fallout 4 (see my screenshots in my last post)

The newer standalone installer is only listing 3 games of the 6 I have installed, when it previously could list 4

The installer can not dynamically generate pages. You have to assign a set number of possibilities. For example for Elder scrolls you have Oblivion, Neherim, Skyrim, and Skyrim SE. For Fallout you have Fallout 4, Fallout NV, and Fallout3.  Then you have the extra locations which I don't understand the need for but that's irreverent to me or what the changes are supposed to accomplish.

You simply can't tell the installer that since you have 4 games and you have 4 spaces available generate one page instead of two and change the message accordingly. When I had all 6 games installed Oblivion, Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, Fallout NV, and Fallout3 I could easily see the problem. Default values are assigned so that you install the Standalone by default. That installed all 6. If you wanted the python version you could only alter the games that fit within the given space.  Uninstalling was the same. You could only uninstall what was showing. The versions of Wrye Bash for other games that could not fit could not be uninstalled.

The changes are not only correct but needed. I appreciate everyone being thorough but the concerns are being expressed before fully understanding the situation, installer limitations, and installer script requirements.

@InAComaDial999 - yep it's a display issue. I was sure this would come up at some point. The issue as explained by @Sharlikran is that the save has all the esls together in the end as displayed by bash. And as added by Sharlikran code contributions welcome :P What is needed is rewriting the UI display in Saves masters to reorder esls as seen in the Mods tab before displaying. Not trivial

Re: installer - we should switch at some point to a python based installer ( @iaz3 had made an untested attempt, but I need someone to really invest time in that). Meanwhile, the issue remains as games multiply that installing in the game folder makes less and less sense. So we should indeed install in some central location - check it's not under UAC in the process - and fix the game switching dialog - see #399. Then instruct people that things changed

So @Arthmoor the single folder install is where we are heading and you will remain a content lizard and I a content eye, we still need to smooth couple things - as discussed in #399 Apps folder per game is one of those.

EDIT: re: changes in installer - I see your point @Sharlikran, but I still need a second pair of eyes given the mess the installer was in and that I am not capable of reviewing your changes without spending a lot of time - so @fireundubh please have a look all is correct.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:49 AM, fireundubh said:

For me, Fallout 4 appears on a second screen, so I'm not sure what's up with your screenshot.

Maybe the second screen was hiding directly underneath the other in my case and I did not notice ..

.. In that case if I were to try the installer again - Does clicking just one of those next buttons continue the installation of all games selected, or would it only install for the games on the same installer page, but not on the other ?

(As Sharlikran mentioned in his experience you could only uninstall the ones showing, so I do not want to go ahead testing an installer which will not be able to uninstall all instances of Wrye Bash afterwards potentially messing up future installations with left behind files which we have experienced before)

And last question : Does NSIS allow for having a scroller bar on the selection pages at all, to allow them to fit on one installer page ?.

Edit : Or maybe I did not go far enough, maybe if I had clicked next, I would have got a second page with all the other selections (so it was not hiding underneath the other screen but still waiting to be presented in my case) ?

And if that is the case, unlike in Sharlikrans experience, when it comes to uninstalling them all, would there also be a second uninstaller page to select the rest of them for uninstalling ?

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, Utumno said:

Good catch there - I recently changed the filesystem game name as requested by arthmoor but had to rename screenshots - those spaces can lead to isuues however, duhhhhh

"Fixed", same branch new content

@hlp - thanks although not sure what this is about ?

Yes sorry about that. As is it was pretty useless. Since then I did send to Sharlikran the part that is useful and made use of this snippet of code (it is something inside my xEdit plugins for xxSE but the up to date versions are not packaged and uploaded yet).

5 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

There will be the appropriate amount of install and uninstall pages.

Thanks Sharlikran, that cleared my misunderstanding. I am so used to every installer before now (for so many years) only using the one screen, that I did not understand that clicking next would take me to more install choices on a new page. Thats a new introduction to the installer as far as I know.

Couple of quick things noticed after now successfully installing for all games :

Fallout NV Wrye Bash complains of its Bashed Patch being an "Unrecognised version" (this error given in a pop up error box), but nothing about the error was in the bashbugdump.log

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201803041642 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.16299
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout New Vegas\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout3: e:\fallout 3
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  229 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.12.0

But no problem apparent with FO3 Bashed Patch, also has a clean log

Wrye Bash starting
command line: ['E:\\Fallout 3\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout3 found in parent directory of Mopy:  e:\fallout 3
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Fallout3 game: e:\fallout 3
testing UAC

Oh wait enabling installers tab for the first time in Fallout NV gave this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3496, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2841, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1477, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2871, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1549, in irefresh
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 619, in setBsaRedirection
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 547, in saveSetting
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 304, in saveSettings
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1013, in untemp
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'D:\\Documents\\My Games\\FalloutNV\\Fallout.ini'

Didnt have that for Fallout 3 initiating the installers tab.

The game is a brand new installation on my setup, the games launcher has been used to setup the games paths / registry settings, and I have not touched the Fallout.ini file, nor made it read only .. It is as it should be after the games is first installed.

After rebooting Wrye Bash for Fallout 3, the same error keeps occurring and I can not get the Installers Tab initiated.

Not sure about the access denied issue. My changes were tested on a branch off of dev that was older. Also I don't know what changes have been made in the last few months.

As for the blank bash patch file I don't remember having issues in the past. I am not sure but I think bash builds one now rather then copying one.

4 minutes ago, Malonn said:

Is your ini read-only, @alt3rn1ty ?

I'm not at home now so cannot confirm, but that thought had occurred to me, which is why I mention the game is newly installed just prior to installing the new Wrye Bash.

All files are as far as I know in place how they should be after a new game install which has had its first run, so if by default the game sets the ini as read only, then Wrye Bash should have no problem reading it, and if necessary that a write is required at the stage when you first try to open the Installers tab, then Wrye Bash should be able to handle that default state aswell. I have not even run LOOT for Fallout NV so there is no danger that any other software has changed the read / write state of the default ini file

I did the same for Fallout 3 too (installed fresh, run game launcher, run game once, installed new Wrye Bash Standalone for all games), which had no problems reading its ini when the Installers Tab was first initialised.

Thanks @alt3rn1ty for all your efforts - could you show me this dialog (I guess it's the formVersion one ?) and link me to the FNV BP ? As Sharlikran says we do create it, and we assign it formVersion 15

Re: ini - that may be some sort of bug - maybe Bash itself is locking the ini ? Hope not, do check read only status, but Access denied may be caused for other (unknown) reasons.

Utumno it's not the Form Version of the record which is 15, but the version of the plugin that the CK assigns to the header.  I do not know that information at this time or have access to any games.

The FNV Fallout.ini was Read Only

So I believe whats going on there is when I went to Initialise the Installers Tab for the first time, part of that is Wrye Bash setting up BSA Redirection ..

ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa gets put in data

Fallout.ini is also edited to add ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to the Registered bsas'

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

If fallout.ini is Read Only, Wrye Bash presents the error report ..

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3496, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2841, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1477, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2871, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1549, in irefresh
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 619, in setBsaRedirection
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 547, in saveSetting
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.pyo", line 304, in saveSettings
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1013, in untemp
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'D:\\Documents\\My Games\\FalloutNV\\Fallout.ini'

.. And completely fails to initiate the Installers Tab after trying to open it for the first time.

If you manually make the Fallout.ini not write protected, the BSA Redirection setup is successful, and the initialisation of the Installers Tab works fine.

So .. Considering a lot of reports I see on nexus are to do with one ini file or another being read only (either by another modding tool or by users manually setting them to read only to preserve their settings, or the game / steam / the holy ghost making them read only), could Wrye Bash do a quick check on files it needs to edit and make them writable as required instead of failing ?

------------------------------

The Fallout NV Bashed Patch is throwing up the Warnings box "Unrecognised Versions" in the following screenshot ..

vFWsMij.png

Bashed Patch file header version 0.850000 ..

9AZRQrg.png

I dont know what the norm' is for these old Fallout games, I could probably randomly pick an esp from nexus .. But not sure what to pick to ensure I get a plugin that can be relied upon as being produced by the GECK. Bit of a minefield.

And another STDOUT/STDERROR .. This time for Fallout 3

When Rebuilding Bashed Patch for the first time

Error in BrokenSteel.esm
Error in Fallout3.esm
Error in Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
Error in Anchorage.esm
Error in ThePitt.esm
Error in PointLookout.esm
Error in Zeta.esm
Error in Fallout3.esm
Error in Anchorage.esm
Error in ThePitt.esm
Error in BrokenSteel.esm
Error in Zeta.esm
brec.pyo 1803 getGMSTFid: Error loading bash\db\Fallout3_ids.pkl:
  File "bash\brec.pyo", line 1799, in getGMSTFid
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 913, in open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'E:\\Fallout 3\\Mopy\\bash\\db\\bash\\db\\Fallout3_ids.pkl'

File "bash\balt.pyo", line 436, in <lambda>
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 205, in PatchExecute
  File "bash\patcher\patch_files.pyo", line 340, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.pyo", line 238, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.pyo", line 103, in buildPatch
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'E:\\Fallout 3\\Mopy\\bash\\db\\bash\\db\\Fallout3_ids.pkl'

Methinks there's been a typo in there \\bash\\db\\bash\\db\\

The Tweak I used was .. Combat: Auto Aim Fix

Full BashBugDump.log

Wrye Bash starting
command line: ['E:\\Fallout 3\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout3 found in parent directory of Mopy:  e:\fallout 3
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Fallout3 game: e:\fallout 3
testing UAC
Error in BrokenSteel.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  
  File "bash\parsers.pyo", line 4004, in load
  File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 83, in load
  File "bash\record_groups.pyo", line 1026, in loadData
NameError: global name 'bush' is not defined

Error in Fallout3.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in Anchorage.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in ThePitt.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in Zeta.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in Fallout3.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in Anchorage.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in ThePitt.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in BrokenSteel.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

Error in Zeta.esm
parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

parsers.pyo 4010 load:  

brec.pyo 1803 getGMSTFid: Error loading bash\db\Fallout3_ids.pkl:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'e:\\fallout 3\\Mopy\\bash\\db\\bash\\db\\Fallout3_ids.pkl'

File "bash\balt.pyo", line 436, in <lambda>
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 205, in PatchExecute
  File "bash\patcher\patch_files.pyo", line 340, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.pyo", line 238, in buildPatch
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.pyo", line 103, in buildPatch
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'e:\\fallout 3\\Mopy\\bash\\db\\bash\\db\\Fallout3_ids.pkl'

1 hour ago, alt3rn1ty said:

It should be bash, but nonetheless it looks funny when seeing that. :P