Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Seen both new pages, unpublished but they are added to my Files (Others) I have admin access to ..

Heck I didn't realise I have 20 of them now on top of my own mod pages.

I dare say thats probably just a handful compaired to Arthmoors hoard :)

------------------------------------------------

The readme's are done, couldn't find anything else for now (been away to the east coast today so I just had another quick look after coming back).

The ReadMe.md was updated : New games and versions appended, New games nexus wrye bash links inserted, all other links renumbered and checked for correct numbered link matches for all cases.

The general / advanced and technical readme updated : New games at the start of all three, plus where previously "Oblivion and Skyrim and Fallout 4" were mentioned, instead of listing every one of them over and over, I just changed those instances to "Oblivion and Skyrim and Fallout", so that Skyrim and Fallout can be read as meaning either of the versions of those games .. ie Fallout represents FO3 FNV and FO4. Twas the easiest way I could come up with for those. Plus in the Advanced Readme there is mention of the xEdit Backups folders and associated Script Extender, that section on skipped dirs now includes the new games relevant entries. Note also for those that are for Skyrim SE SSEEdit Backups, the associated Script Extender Directory is SKSE (same as old Skyrim, they have not renamed the dir for the new game to something like SKSE64 to match the Script Extenders name).

39DpfwD.png

Hmm, I think thats about it, you will see the diff anyway not much changes really, much looking to find stuff, not much doing :)

:bunny:>>GRAB ME<<:bunny:

I've been waiting for the integration of Fallout New Vegas into the WB 30x series for years now having started with Oblivion and would love to start testing, but I'm about 400 hours in mid-play through using Wrye Flash 17.7 "standalone" and the BAIN installer.  I know the standard advice is to uninstall the old version before installing the new version but that isn't practical mid-game.

I realize I can install WB outside of the game folder, which is my current plan using the WB Python version.  But my WF (back with v17.3) was installed into the game folder.  My biggest concern is retaining the current game "install" and "load" order data.  I'm sure I'm not going to be the only user in a similar situation.  I can cope with any technical instructions, so it doesn't have to be "newby" level.

Is there a migration document?  I'm willing to write one if needed once I've worked out the issues.
* Something regarding the current game "Bash Mod Data" "table.dat" files and their compatibility with the new version?
* Any other WF data files I need to preserve?
* Are the exported "bash preferences" still compatible for importing into the new version BP?
* Is it possible, with separate install locations for each version, to use both WF and WB side-by-side for comparison purposes?
* Anyone have such a test setup with any advice to offer?

-Dubious-

Thanks @alt3rn1ty exactly what I needed - good trick this Fallout. What is  lsdata in Oblivion ? Keep in mind that what appears in the readme should be in the code cause otherwise the readme is misleading - appear in those dataDirs and dataDirPlus sets I referred to before. I see no lsdata in the code.

Here, I will edit the files to make this clearer (moving common folders to base)

@Dubious

Is it possible, with separate install locations for each version, to use both WF and WB side-by-side for comparison purposes?

Please try that and report. Settings should be somewhat compatible try that too - manually restore as restore is broken (see issue 390). A migration document would be great (and much appreciated!), as a wiki article in wrye-Bash repo. We need to add a disclaimer that minimal support will be offered to the nexus pages and that those will remain an eternal beta till we have a dedicated fallout3/nv dev (won't be me). In particular, we need porting patchers from old valda's version to the current Wrye Bash code. So probably you will need older Wrye Flash to create the patch and newer Wrye Bash for all the rest. All this and link to wiki article will need be added to game nexus pages (as well as proper credits to valda and Sharlikran for maintaining the code)

lsdata = Load Screen data (when loading the game, there are some screens which fade in with tips to keep the gamer amused while the game loads)

Hmm - should we be adding this to the code then ? Meaning are there packages out there that install to Data/lsdata ?

EDIT: also why was seq, removed from FO4 ?

44 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Hmm - should we be adding this to the code then ? Meaning are there packages out there that install to Data/lsdata ?

From what I recall yep there are. I think DarN either included lsdata or linked to other mods in its description if you wanted to add them to the DarN UI setup, he had instructions on how to DIY, I dont know if the other games which also have lsdata also had mods made for the same purpose, but it is certainly a possibility that there may be some out there.

Pretty sure Luchaire (Famous for "The Girl Next Door" female body mod for Oblivion, and "Type 5" for Fallout 3 / NV) may have had a hand in some of this stuff too.

Edit : Scratch that, just had a search through everything DarN UI that I have bookmarked and all descriptions - Cant find a single reference to putting or replacing files in LSData \

Seq is definitely required for oldrim, the Unofficial Patch Projects produce their own Seq files (I think those are now contained in the UPP BSAs, but the potential for anyone to have loose Seq files remains) - There used to be a Dialogue bug with modded old Skyrim, the Seq files was the solution ..

I would imagine that Fallout 4 and its CK being the next development after old Skyrim will have the same issues if mods do not include their own seq files, I may be wrong .. @Arthmoor will know for sure on that game, Bethesda may have fixed the issue by then, or the game engine was a different fork or something but I have my doubts.

It has not been fixed for Skyrim SE because the USSEP also has Seq files

Also see my Edit : above reference LSData, I recall wrongly and can not find anything to do with DarN UI that included any files to install or replace in LSData

DarkUI DarN - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11280

UNINSTALLATION

1. Delete ALL files associated with this mod.
This can be done rather easily by simply deleting the following folders
Data\Fonts
Data\Menus
Data\Meshes\Menus\Darn
Data\Textures\DarkUI
Data\Textures\Menus\Darn
Data\Textures\Menus\Stats
Data\Textures\Menus50\Stats
Data\Textures\Menus80\Stats

Atmospheric Dark UI Loading Screens - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8958/

2. Delete the following files associated with the mod.

Oblivion/Data/Menus/loading_menu.xml
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Darkui/Menus/Loading/loading_symboldui.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Darkui/Menus/Loading/stat_skill_level_ribbon_emptydui.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus/Loading/loading_background.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus50/Loading/loading_background.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus/Loading/loading_backgroundORIG.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus50/Loading/loading_backgroundORIG50.dds
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus/Loading/...
Oblivion/Data/Textures/Menus50/Loading/...
Oblivion/Data/AtmosphericLoadingScreens - <Text Version>.esp

So if anyone out there has changed any data in that folder .. I dont know for sure. I definitely recall it being related to Load Screen Tips though, just dont know from where :( (I think its the text tips which fade in over the Load Screens and are presented randomly, whether anyone managed to edit them in any way I dont know)

SEQ files do not appear necessary for FO4. They rewrote the entire dialogue system to run through scenes in quests instead of as generic dialogue. They don't ship those files with the game or the DLCs so I doubt we need them in mods either.

As for LSData, that folder only appears in Oblivion. No game after that has it. I don't think anyone has ever bothered to look into what its for but it's apparently necessary for Oblivion to function.

14 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

As for LSData, that folder only appears in Oblivion. No game after that has it. I don't think anyone has ever bothered to look into what its for but it's apparently necessary for Oblivion to function.

It also appears in FO3 ..

K8LyQpy.png

.. and FNV ..

hit56vK.png

But I agree I dont think we need lsdata for installing anything, in any of the 3 games.

Oh. I never thought to look in the BSAs since Oblivion stores it loose. If it's only in there though then we still don't need to list it since it won't show up that way in a strictly vanilla setup.

Yeah I checked every one of the BSAs for each game when I was looking into the documentation on the previous page of posts, with the idea that any folder within a BSA can potentially be used by modders, so needs including in the "Extra Game Directories". Just like all of the games have meshes / textures / sound / music / video which are all in BSAs in the vanilla games, but can potentially be used by Mod authors as loose files .. So the folder needs noting as a potential to be installed to.

LSData is the exception I think only because nobody as far as we know has ever actually modified anything to do with the files in those folders.

I cant find anything so far anyway, just spent a couple of hours going through old bookmarks and trying various searches, my failing memory of all things Oblivion having a weird recollection of load screen text tips being associated with them may just have been someone who looked into the contents .. but nothing was done with the knowledge.

Ran into a nasty today. I was doing some diagnosis on an unrelated issue and kept slamming into SSE not wanting to start a new game. Instant crash before finishing the first load screen.

After much hair was yanked, and some pulled, the cause became known. The Bashed Patch is generating CTDs when attempting to start a new game with my current load order.

As you can see there's not a whole lot going on here, but it's enough to bring the game down. Disabling the patch confirms a new game will start without issue.

An existing save will work regardless, so that will not be useful as a test.

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  Hearthfires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  ccBGSSSE010-PetDwarvenArmoredMudcrab.esl
06  ccBGSSSE014-SpellPack01.esl
07  Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp  [Version 4.1.2]
08  Falskaar.esm
09  Falskaar Fixes.esl
0A  Wyrmstooth.esp  [Version 1.17]
0B  BSAssets.esm
0C  BSHeartland.esm
0D  BS_DLC_patch.esp
0E  SkyUI_SE.esp
0F  icepenguinworldmap.esp
10  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 3.0.6]
11  Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp  [Version 2.0.0]
12  CWQuartermasters.esp  [Version 2.0]
13  FA Guard Helmet.esp
14  StormLord.esp
15  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 4.0.1]
16  Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp
17  Legionettes.esp
18  Book Covers Skyrim.esp
19  SkaalKidAetaCoat.esp
1A  Babettes New Dress.esp
1B  Cliffracers.esp
1C  Footprints.esp
1D  SoS - The Dungeons.esp  [Version 2.0]
1E  SoS - The Wilds.esp  [Version 2.0]
1F  SoS - Civilization.esp  [Version 2.0]
20  Dragon Claw Stands.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
21  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 4.0]
22  Flexible Smithing (Stripped).esp
23  Ars Metallica.esp
24  Freedom of Speech.esp
25  IslandFastTravel.esp
26  Gildergreen Regrown.esp  [Version 2.0]
27  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 2.0]
28  ImprovedHearthfireLighting.esp
29  HoldBorderBanners.esp
2A  Point The Way.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
2B  Practice Dummies.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
2C  Practice Dummies - Falskaar.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
2D  Practice Dummies - Wyrmstooth.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
2E  Oblivion Gates Remade.esp  [Version 1.0.31]
2F  Dolmen Ruins.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
30  Wayshrines of Old.esp
31  Skyshards.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
32  Shadowmarks.esp  [Version 2.0]
33  Manor Roads.esp  [Version 1.0]
34  Storefront.esp  [Version 2.0]
35  Skyrim Bridges.esp
36  CRF + Bridges Patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
37  Kynesgrove.esp  [Version 2.0.3]
38  Darkwater Crossing.esp  [Version 2.0.3]
39  Ivarstead.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
3A  Shor's Stone.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
3B  Whistling Mine.esp  [Version 2.0.3]
3C  Soljund's Sinkhole.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
3D  Karthwasten.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
3E  Helarchen Creek.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
3F  Dragon Bridge.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
40  Dawnstar.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
41  Keld-Nar.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
42  Helgen Reborn.esp  [Version 106]
43  HRFixes.esp
44  Lokir's House.esp
45  Bee Hives.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
46  Provincial Courier Service.esp  [Version 4.0.1]
47  PCS + Bridges Patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
48  SkyrimSewers.esp  [Version 4.12]
49  Open Cities Skyrim.esp
4A  OCS + Skyrim Sewers.esp  [Version 2.0]
4B  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 4.0.3]
4C  Serana Joins The Party.esp
4D  Dawnguard Map Markers.esp  [Version 1.0.1]

Bashed Patch.esp Config:

== Patch Mode
 ** Python
	== Merge Patches
 ** Sit up Jarls.esp
 ** HRFixes.esp
 ** MLPSoulGems.esp
	== Import Inventory
 ** Update.esm
 ** Dawnguard.esm
 ** Hearthfires.esm
 ** Dragonborn.esm
 ** Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
 ** BSHeartland.esm
 ** BS_DLC_patch.esp
 ** Cutting Room Floor.esp
 ** Legionettes.esp
 ** Whistling Mine.esp
	== Tweak Settings
    Actor Strength Encumbrance Multiplier [5]
    AI: Max Active Actors [20]
 ** Arrow: Recovery from Actor [60%]
    Arrow: Speed [x 1.0]
    Cell: Respawn Time [10 Days]
    Cell: Respawn Time (Cleared) [30 Days]
    Combat: Alchemy [Disallow]
    Combat: Max Actors [20]
    Combat: Recharge Weapons [Allow]
    Companions: Max Number [6]
    Crime: Alarm Distance [4000]
    Crime: Assault Fine [40]
    Crime: Days in Prison [100]
    Crime: Escape Jail [100]
    Crime: Murder Bounty [1000]
    Crime: Pickpocketing Fine [25]
    Crime: Trespassing Fine [5]
    Max Resistence [85%]
    Max Summons [1]
    Max Training [5]
    Msg: Soul Captured! [None]
    NPC Vertical Object Detection [x 1.0]
    Timescale [20]
== Leveled Lists
    Update.esm [AD]
    Dawnguard.esm [ADR]
    Dragonborn.esm [AR]
    Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [ADR]
    BSHeartland.esm [AD]
    BS_DLC_patch.esp [AD]
    Cutting Room Floor.esp [AD]

@Arthmoor try without these being merged

** Sit up Jarls.esp
** HRFixes.esp
** MLPSoulGems.esp

If it is a merged issue with one of those, I doubt its madcats Soul gems if they have been correctly converted to SSE and the records versions are corrected by the CK

I was working on that for Sharlikran and never completed it.

This should associate each parameter type info in Skyrim/SSE with the corresponding Wrye bash encoding . I don't have the plugin to convert this in python source ("conditionFunctionData = ( #--0: no param; 1: int param; 2: formid param") with me.

UInt32 WBEncode(ObScriptParam param)
{
	switch (param.typeID)
	{
		case   0:	return    0; 	//	 00 'String' ()   0
		case   1:	return    1; 	//	 01 'Integer' ()   0
		case   2:	return    0; 	//	 02 'Float' ()   0
		case   3:	return    2; 	//	 03 'ObjectID' ()   0
		case   4:	return    2; 	//	 04 'ObjectRef' ()   0
		case   5:	return    2; 	//	 05 'ActorValue' ()   0
		case   6:	return    2; 	//	 06 'Actor' ()   0
		case   7:	return    2; 	//	 07 'SpellItem' ()   0
		case   8:	return    0; 	//	 08 'Axis' ()   0
		case   9:	return    2; 	//	 09 'Cell' ()   0
		case  16:	return    0; 	//	 10 'AnimationGroup' ()   0
		case  17:	return    2; 	//	 11 'MagicItem' ()   0
		case  18:	return    2; 	//	 12 'Sound' ()   0
		case  19:	return    2; 	//	 13 'Topic' ()   0
		case  20:	return    2; 	//	 14 'Quest' ()   0
		case  21:	return    2; 	//	 15 'Race' ()   0
		case  22:	return    2; 	//	 16 'Class' ()   0
		case  23:	return    2; 	//	 17 'Faction' ()   0
		case  24:	return    1; 	//	 18 'Sex' ()   0
		case  25:	return    2; 	//	 19 'Global' ()   0
		case  32:	return    2; 	//	 20 'Furniture' ()   0
		case  33:	return    2; 	//	 21 'TESObject' ()   0
		case  34:	return    0; 	//	 22 'VariableName' ()   0
		case  35:	return    1; 	//	 23 'QuestStage' ()   0
		case  36:	return    2; 	//	 24 'MapMarker' ()   0
		case  37:	return    2; 	//	 25 'ActorBase' ()   0
		case  38:	return    2; 	//	 26 'Container' ()   0
		case  39:	return    2; 	//	 27 'WorldSpace' ()   0
		case  40:	return    1; 	//	 28 'CrimeType' ()   0
		case  41:	return    2; 	//	 29 'AIPackage' ()   0
		case  48:	return    2; 	//	 30 'CombatStyle' ()   0
		case  49:	return    2; 	//	 31 'MagicEffect' ()   0
		case  50:	return    2; 	//	 32 'FormType' ()   0
		case  51:	return    2; 	//	 33 'WeatherID' ()   0
		case  53:	return    2; 	//	 35 'Owner' ()   0
		case  54:	return    2; 	//	 36 'EffectShader' ()   0
		case  55:	return    2; 	//	 37 'FormList' ()   0
		case  57:	return    2; 	//	 39 'Perk' ()   0
		case  64:	return    2; 	//	 40 'Note' ()   0
		case  65:	return    0; 	//	 41 'MiscellaneousStat' ()   0
		case  66:	return    2; 	//	 42 'ImageSpaceModifier' ()   0
		case  67:	return    2; 	//	 43 'ImageSpace' ()   0
		case  70:	return    0; 	//	 46 'EventFunction' ()   0
		case  71:	return    0; 	//	 47 'EventMember' ()   0
		case  72:	return    0; 	//	 48 'Data' ()   0
		case  73:	return    2; 	//	 49 'VoiceType' ()   0
		case  80:	return    2; 	//	 50 'EncounterZone' ()   0
		case  81:	return    2; 	//	 51 'IdleForm' ()   0
		case  82:	return    2; 	//	 52 'Message' ()   0
		default:	return 0;
	}
};

Installed Python packages to a "C:\Python27" folder, and "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support.zip" into a new "E:\Games\Wrye Bash" folder.  (Also installed "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv - ReadMes edited by Alt3rn1ty19-02-2018.7z" afterwards.)  Launched using a shortcut with the command line:
'C:\Python27\pythonw.exe "E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw"'

FYI: Without the path to my Python folder, just running "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" tried to install a 64-bit version of "Active-Python", even though the path had been added to my environmental profile.  I knew to abort and add the install path to the command line, but that's going to confuse novices.

Deliberately omitted the "-o" parameter to my FalloutNV folder just to see what would happen.

Debug error report:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 227, in main
    _main(opts)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 352, in _main
    basher.InitLinks()
  File "bash\basher\links.py", line 772, in InitLinks
    InitStatusBar()
  File "bash\basher\links.py", line 77, in InitStatusBar
    images=imageList(u'%s%%s.png' % bush.game.fsName.lower()),
  File "bash\basher\links.py", line 53, in imageList
    (16, 24, 32)]
  File "bash\balt.py", line 152, in __init__
    raise ArgumentError(u"Missing resource file: %s." % self.file)
ArgumentError: Missing resource file: E:\Games\Wrye Bash\Mopy\bash\images\fallout new vegas16.png.

The image names for MOST of the games are without embedded spaces, as in "fallout316.png", "falloutnv16.png", "morrowind16.png", "oblivion16.png", and "skyrim16.png".  The sole exception is "Skyrim Special Edition16.png". All the others use "_" instead of a space.

-Dubious-

Good catch there - I recently changed the filesystem game name as requested by arthmoor but had to rename screenshots - those spaces can lead to isuues however, duhhhhh

"Fixed", same branch new content

@hlp - thanks although not sure what this is about ?

That's for issue 307 but I don't think it'll prove helpful. It's not the function code that's bad, it's something else. Whatever that individual GetIsID thing is that immediately follows the function code. There's nothing in Bash to cover those that I can see. From poking around with a hex editor it looks like Bash is simply misinterpreting that particular record for some reason.

Once past the image file problem using: wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support.zip dated 2018-02-24

Wrye Bash encountered an error.

wxPython error:

Spoiler

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 227, in main
    _main(opts)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 393, in _main
    app.Init() # Link.Frame is set here !
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3974, in Init
    self.InitData(progress)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4007, in InitData
    bosh.bsaInfos = bosh.BSAInfos()
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 2835, in __init__
    class BSAInfo(FileInfo, _bsa_type)

TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a (non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases