Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

I'm interested in this and want to help test. Right now we're in the throes of a massive datacenter migration and I'm working 80ish hours per week, so I'll try to get some spare time in a few days to run it through the wringer. :)

I has errors for the perusal of :

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201801021732 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.16299
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout 4\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  288 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  227 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.12.0
mods_metadata.pyo  285 refreshBashTags: An error occurred while parsing file C:\Users\m0l3y\AppData\Local\LOOT\Fallout4\masterlist.yaml:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 279, in refreshBashTags
AttributeError: 'loot_api.DatabaseInterface' object has no attribute 'eval_lists'

mods_metadata.pyo  300 refreshBashTags: An error occurred while parsing taglist.yaml:
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 297, in refreshBashTags
AttributeError: 'loot_api.DatabaseInterface' object has no attribute 'eval_lists'

Current LOOT installed is the new version 0.12.3

And another one (at last, this is the one I have been trying to reproduce a few times) :

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201801021732 (Standalone)
Python version: 2.7.12
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout 4\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  288 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  227 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.12.0
mods_metadata.pyo  285 refreshBashTags: An error occurred while parsing file C:\Users\m0l3y\AppData\Local\LOOT\Fallout4\masterlist.yaml:
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 279, in refreshBashTags

mods_metadata.pyo  300 refreshBashTags: An error occurred while parsing taglist.yaml:
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 297, in refreshBashTags

File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3762, in RefreshData
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2841, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1474, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2886, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2091, in refreshTracked
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 763, in size
  File "genericpath.pyo", line 57, in getsize
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout 4\\Data\\FlaconOil HD ReTexture_High Quality Pack_Part_1 - Textures.BA2'

Okay steps to repro

1. Grab the "ESP BA2 Installer - High Quality Pack - v3.7-Part1" and -Part2 from here (Approx 6gb to download)

2. Put them both in Fallout 4 Bash Installers

3. Get Wrye Bash to install them, then immediately uninstall them, and then right click and Delete them (I just kept on restoring them from the recycle bin until I got the BashBugDump.log to register the errors I had seen previously in an error window after deleting them)

Thanks @alt3rn1ty although I guess this is some lapsus of windows due to the huge size - so it does not have time to scan before deleting - will have a look anyway

Re: loot - @Daidalos is working on that - should be finished soon hopefully, it's - complicated

Using the latest update you provided, I get the following when trying to access the NVSE Stats on a save:

File "bash\balt.py", line 2491, in __Execute
    self.Execute()
  File "bash\basher\saves_links.py", line 766, in Execute
    saveFile.load(SubProgress(progress,0,0.9))
  File "bash\bosh\_saves.py", line 370, in load
    numMasters = unpack_byte(ins)
  File "bash\bolt.py", line 1635, in unpack_byte
    def unpack_byte(ins): return struct_unpack('B', ins.read(1))[0]
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 1

I don't know if a similar error is coming up for Fallout 3 because even with FOSE active that isn't making a cosave to check with.

Excuse me, did this ever work for skyrim or FO4 ? What are my testers doing ? :P

Fixed on that branch (and made it much faster too) - but this should be carried to dev asap, please test.

Meanwhile - @alt3rn1ty - the readme files need to be edited for inclusion of fallout3/nv support - could you do that ? In particular extra BAIN dirs are as I see:

dataDirsPlus = {
    u'streamline',
    u'_tejon',
    u'ini tweaks',
    u'scripts',
    u'pluggy',
    u'ini',
    u'nvse'
    }

but something tells me this is copy paste from oblivion - did _tejon ever modded those games ? streamline was there in those games ?pluggy ?

Also main readme.md needs added the versions of these games and could use some rephrasing:

Wrye Bash is a mod management utility for Oblivion and Skyrim with a rich set of features.

Last patch versions:

NV: 1.4.0.525
FO3: 1.7.0.3

So far so good aside from one little pesky error that I'm familiar with but I can't remember how to fix it at the moment.

With the Actor Strength Encumbrance Multipler (fActorStrengthEncumbranceMult) GMST tweak enabled, the BP raises a bugcheck on build:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307
Python version: 2.7.14
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.6
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
  File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
    if onButClick: self.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, lambda __event: onButClick())
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.py", line 205, in PatchExecute
    patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))#no speeding needed/really possible (less than 1/4 second even with large LO)
  File "bash\patcher\patch_files.py", line 340, in buildPatch
    patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.py", line 238, in buildPatch
    tweak.buildPatch(self.patchFile,keep,log)
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.py", line 103, in buildPatch
    fid = gmst.fid = keep(gmst.getGMSTFid())
  File "bash\brec.py", line 1806, in getGMSTFid
    return GPath(cls.Master+u'.esm'),cls.Ids[self.eid]
KeyError: u'fActorStrengthEncumbranceMult'

I'm pretty sure the GMST is correct for this tweak (I don't have the FONV CS installed) , so the key error tells me something is wonky elsewhere. I have a rough idea, but I need to understand the key error a little more first.

Edit: To clarify, that seems to be the only GMST it is bugchecking on, the rest of them I've tested have allowed a successful build.

1 hour ago, Beermotor said:

So far so good aside from one little pesky error that I'm familiar with but I can't remember how to fix it at the moment.

With the Actor Strength Encumbrance Multipler (fActorStrengthEncumbranceMult) GMST tweak enabled, the BP raises a bugcheck on build:

Hide contents

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307
Python version: 2.7.14
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.6
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
  File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
    if onButClick: self.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, lambda __event: onButClick())
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.py", line 205, in PatchExecute
    patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))#no speeding needed/really possible (less than 1/4 second even with large LO)
  File "bash\patcher\patch_files.py", line 340, in buildPatch
    patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.py", line 238, in buildPatch
    tweak.buildPatch(self.patchFile,keep,log)
  File "bash\patcher\patchers\multitweak_settings.py", line 103, in buildPatch
    fid = gmst.fid = keep(gmst.getGMSTFid())
  File "bash\brec.py", line 1806, in getGMSTFid
    return GPath(cls.Master+u'.esm'),cls.Ids[self.eid]
KeyError: u'fActorStrengthEncumbranceMult'

I'm pretty sure the GMST is correct for this tweak (I don't have the FONV CS installed) , so the key error tells me something is wonky elsewhere. I have a rough idea, but I need to understand the key error a little more first.

Edit: To clarify, that seems to be the only GMST it is bugchecking on, the rest of them I've tested have allowed a successful build.

Hmmm - 

fActorStrengthEncumbranceMult

is missing from the pkl file for this game - bash/db/falloutnv.pkl

7 hours ago, Utumno said:

Excuse me, did this ever work for skyrim or FO4 ? What are my testers doing ? :P

Fixed on that branch (and made it much faster too) - but this should be carried to dev asap, please test.

Heh, apparently your testers all got used to that not being available on SSE and then forgot about it? Or in my case it's not a function I use much so it's not something I normally check and would have assumed it just worked.

Anyway, I checked all of the games on that branch and the stats load now. Can't verify FO3 because none of the saves have .fose files for whatever reason but the rest all checked out fine.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, Utumno said:

Meanwhile - @alt3rn1ty - the readme files need to be edited for inclusion of fallout3/nv support - could you do that ? In particular extra BAIN dirs are as I see:

dataDirsPlus = {
    u'streamline',
    u'_tejon',
    u'ini tweaks',
    u'scripts',
    u'pluggy',
    u'ini',
    u'nvse'
    }

but something tells me this is copy paste from oblivion - did _tejon ever modded those games ? streamline was there in those games ?pluggy ?

Also main readme.md needs added the versions of these games and could use some rephrasing:

Last patch versions:

NV: 1.4.0.525
FO3: 1.7.0.3

Can do .. Can you link me to the files needing editing (I still have the ones installed with the standalone installer back at the start of January, so they could be a bit out of date)

-----------------------

I dont know much about Fallout 3 or New Vegas, all the Snip crap going off at the time put me off modding the game much, so I never got into using any other Wrye Bash/Flash forks, just used FOMM I think to archiveinvalidate and install a few mods .. Then after getting my fun out of the games they fell out of favour fast. So I did not really get into them much.

_Tejon / Streamline / pluggy for Fallouts ? .. No clue. I think I once saw something along the same lines as streamline for another game after Oblivion, but I dont recall for sure.

Edit : PS you have a few error reports coming in on old Skyrim Nexus

Thanks @alt3rn1ty - here are the files https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/150-fo3-fnv-support.zip

No prob you are not really familiar with those games, I am not at all - just scan a bit the readmes to add the new games as you did back here https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/commit/842212bfeaf6443ec3a844cea329aee9950368aa but also adding info on BAIN folders and editing main Readme.md to include the new games.

New bugs ? Ooops

Reference that bug report on old Skyrim Nexus, I think its Vortex related so probably nothing you can do .. I just went having a nosy in the Vortex Feedback part of the nexus forum and found this https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6401841-running-wrye-bash-exits-after-splash-screen/

Same people participating. So I reckon its another "running mod manager via mod manager issue" again.

I think this is going to take a few days but its getting there, finding the Game Extra Directories was a bit of a chore, needed to re-install them both so as to extract all Fo3 and FNV BSAs', and I am not sure at all about Tool extra directories for those two games, but here's progress just on that section :

TfLY2zs.png

Should we put sound into the Vanilla game directories ?, it is common on all games (previously also this part for Fallout 4 had sounds, instead of sound, I checked also the Fallout 4 BSAs and that must have been a past typo, in the BSAs its sound like all the other games)

Note also I am including in the bonus directories for tools <gamename>xEdit backups, so if it is not already included in the code so as not to clean them out already per game .. That also needs doing for TES4Edit Backups / FO3Edit Backups / FNVEdit Backups / TES5Edit Backups / FO4Edit Backups / SSEEdit Backups

Hmm this fallout4 then it's a bug - we have sounds in the code we do have sound - is there a sounds default dir in Fallout 4 ?

We also have tools in falloutr4 should be left in bonus dirs

I don't think we should include the xEdit backup dirs there - those are the dirs that BAIN will install to by default - could a package have espms in those backup dirs ? Even if yes BAIN will ignore non top level esmps

EDIT: the dirs are in Mopy/bash/game/fallout4.__init__.py in 

dataDirs

and

dataDirsPlus

similar for other games

Unrelated - in SSE is this the correct order of vanilla content ?

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm

Some mods have the order differently (flipping dragonborn and dawnguard for instance)

No there is no sounds in the BSA's, there is only sound directories, so the documentation saying sounds must have been a typo at some point.

So will move sound to the "Vanilla Game directories present on all games" seeing as that also lines up with the code and is present in all games.

Here's just one of the ones I have trawled through ..

QP17wwF.png

I searched them all even the new cc ba2s' and could not find a sounds dir, a lot of them had a sound dir but no sounds dirs

------------------------------

Will also put tools in Fallout 4 Bonus directories - Though I thought one of the games did not have tools but did have calientetools @Beermotor have I still got this right in the screenshot in my last post ?, which would mean that the code has got one of these and it shouldn't

Reference the xEdit Backups dirs - They include a backup of all plugins cleaned by xEdit. So if Wrye Bash were to clean them out when using the Clean command, any backups of plugins which were saved there by xEdit will be gone ?, or not ? - Will remove these from the documentation anyway, sounds like we just need to make sure the code side does not clean them out for each game, looking at your edit that seems to be the case.

-----------------------------

The Load Order you have there is correct. Plugins with out of order masters are getting it wrong for some reason, seems quite wide spread.

:) I always refer to the Unofficial patch descriptions

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
[The rest of your mods]

And of course LOOT gets it right.

The Unofficial Patch Frequently Asked Questions mentions that the Load Order changed back in Oct 2016, so mods may still be out there with the old masters order who never noticed the change we all adopted .. or the author has not been around since .. or the author just has no clue about getting Load Orders correct.

After all edits so far it now looks like this :

j7k4fwI.png

Sound moved to all games, taken out of extra game dirs for each game

xEdit Backups has been taken out of each games Bonus dirs

Tools added to Fallout 4 Bonus dirs

Anyone else know of anything needs to go in FO3 and FNV Bonus dirs let us know, cause I am clueless with those games :) the only things I know I have right with those is Extra Game Dirs, and fose and nvse .. ini and scripts I am not sure they are needed ???

A question before I file an issue for it.

Is it correct that the Fallout test branch is putting BAIN archives into "Fallout3 Mods" instead of "Fallout 3 Mods"? Anyone coming over from Wrye Flash is going to wonder why their installers tab is blank. I know I did. Just trying to figure out which of the 2 paths is supposed to be correct so it can be fixed. Right now the test branch is putting things into "Fallout3 Mods" (no space before the 3).

Fallout 4 does the same, Wrye Bash makes a Fallout4 Mods folder, so for Fallout 3 its probably following the same convention as FO4 without realising there has been a previous precedent set in the location being named Fallout 3 Mods .. Best change it now before it gets set by thousands of users. Fallout4 Mods will have to remain the same, even though the game folder is called Fallout 4 with a space, too many people are set up with it now, going by the unique downloads about 14 thousand of them.

A similar problem exists for NV as well with the file paths. The test branch is currently using "FalloutNV Mods" to store BAIN installers. The correct path that was being used by Wrye Flash is "Fallout New Vegas Mods". So this one needs fixing too before going into a beta or people are gonna lose track of their installed mods.

23 hours ago, Utumno said:

Unrelated - in SSE is this the correct order of vanilla content ?

Yes, it is the correct loadorder for the DLC.

Ok pushed the corrected data dirs keep hitting it - this code definitely needs love, care and debugging

Edit: @Arthmoor, @alt3rn1ty - created pages for fallout3/nv wryeBash at nexus (yey !) - you are added as admins there - let me know if you can access