Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

:)

@Utumno One more before I go back on shift for 3 days - Fallout 4 Nexus has a Russian Localisation one :

"In the new version there is a problem when working with Russian localization, or rather, the program crashes when there are save files.
Here are the last lines of the entry from the log:
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 60, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 79, in load_header
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 382, in calc_time
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0\xd0'"

20 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

OK, but just FYI 4 more reports of people who cant start Oldrim with a Bashed Patch enabled. The thought that the bashed patch after building it and patching mods has been eliminated because after telling them to delete the bashed patch and get Bash to generate a new one, ff7legend has reported back with it still being a problem, and he is quite experienced using Wrye Bash.

~snip~

Maybe not quite eliminated : Follow up post to this on Nexus believes having Size Does Matter when merged into the bashed patch, causes the ctd at splash screen.

Is there anything Beta2 is doing in addition to what Beta1 was doing when it comes to merging plugins in the Bashed Patch ?

Or is this a potential Oldrim mod problem (it has been recently taken over by Kelsenellenelvian who ticks all the right boxes when it comes to authoring mods, which makes me doubt Wrye Bash merging capabilities)

Mushano's issue is different to previous posters, I believe he can start Wrye Bash so long as he has not merged this mod. But its another increase in Bash wont start reports from people previously having no issues with Beta1 and the same mods in play. Kind of expecting similar difficulties on Special edition with all the conversion problems .. But Oldrim should be a case of pick where they left off.

(I cant test for another three days, not at home)

Edit : Oh blast, for all the other previous posters on the issue, I have been reading the problem a bit wrong. The issue is that the GAME will not load beyond its splash screen if the Beta2 Bashed Patch is active (and thats also after regenerating a new bashed patch).

Wrye Bash is loading.

13 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

:)

@Utumno One more before I go back on shift for 3 days - Fallout 4 Nexus has a Russian Localisation one :

"In the new version there is a problem when working with Russian localization, or rather, the program crashes when there are save files.
Here are the last lines of the entry from the log:
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 60, in __init__
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 79, in load_header
File "bash\bosh\save_headers.pyo", line 382, in calc_time
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0\xd0'"

I would need the save, but that may need serious overhaul - we have no notion of save encoding (edit: or just a monkey patch)

Re: patch issues - well we need a reproducer :shrug:

28 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Apparently thats the easy part (got another report just came in confirming the same again)

All you need to do is produce a Bashed Patch for Old Skyrim, have it activated, and try to launch the game.

I cant test it due to not being at home now, and previously only got as far as (mistakenly) testing if Wrye Bash loaded, which it did, but thats not the issue, its the game not loading after introducing a Beta2 generated Bashed Patch. Disable the Bashed Patch and the game loads.

We are now up to 7 individual reports of the same problem, and mods being merged can be discounted, because one report tried deleting the bashed patch and getting beta2 to produce a new one, which also stops the game loading.

I wish I was at home to test this one because it sounds bad for Oldrim, a few of them already have gone back to previous Beta1 Wrye Bash because they just cant use the new one having found this problem.

23 minutes ago, Utumno said:

I would need the save, but that may need serious overhaul - we have no notion of save encoding (edit: or just a monkey patch)

I have a mod author on SSE that is having an issue with the patcher that I need to write up a bug report for. I was able to reproduce the issue.

Summary: TXST records are being merged into BP,  but the DODT subrecords of those TXST records are not. This was an issue since before Beta 2 was released but the MA just noticed it recently. Beta 2 patcher didn't resolve the issue.

Short on time at t he moment but I'll report it in more detail when I get home this afternoon.

1 minute ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Apparently thats the easy part (got another report just came in confirming the same again)

All you need to do is produce a Bashed Patch for Old Skyrim, have it activated, and try to launch the game.

I cant test it due to not being at home now, and previously only got as far as (mistakenly) testing if Wrye Bash loaded, which it did, but thats not the issue, its the game not loading after introducing a Beta2 generated Bashed Patch. Disable the Bashed Patch and the game loads.

We are now up to 7 individual reports of the same problem, and mods being merged can be discounted, because one report tried deleting the bashed patch and getting beta2 to produce a new one, which also stops the game loading.

I wish I was at home to test this one because it sounds bad for Oldrim, a few of them already have gone back to previous Beta1 Wrye Bash because they just cant use the new one having found this problem.

I'll try to reproduce when I get home. 

38 minutes ago, Utumno said:

I would need the save, but that may need serious overhaul - we have no notion of save encoding

Here, please, this is 2 save at the very beginning of the game.
1- Autosave, in the English version (with it there are no problems)
2- Eksitsave, was obtained on the Russian version (its presence does not allow running WrueBash)

54 minutes ago, allexa said:
Here, please, this is 2 save at the very beginning of the game.
1- Autosave, in the English version (with it there are no problems)
2- Eksitsave, was obtained on the Russian version (its presence does not allow running WrueBash)

Thanks - fixed on new python wip: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/utumno-wip.zip

This also contains an attempted fix for anonimousone traceback

and a full time monkey patch for the Korean mod:

• Thanks 2

Utumno, rebuilding bashed patches in Fallout 4 (PBash) and Oblivion (CBash) produces different tracebacks with the new WIP:

Fallout 4:
	Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
    if onButClick: self.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, lambda __event: onButClick())
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.py", line 264, in PatchExecute
    bosh.modInfos.refreshFile(patch_name)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1331, in refreshFile
    self._notify_bain(changed={info.abs_path})
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'abs_path'

Oblivion:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.py", line 264, in PatchExecute
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1331, in refreshFile
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'abs_path'

Let me know what you need!  :)

Gave anonimousone a link back here from the Oblivion comments for the attempted fix, see if he can use it and prove it ..

Also got one of my daughters to try out the oldrim game which I know has a beta2 bashed patch active, apparently it loaded and plays no problem, so I am out of ideas on that one.

6 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Gave anonimousone a link back here from the Oblivion comments for the attempted fix, see if he can use it and prove it ..

Also got one of my daughters to try out the oldrim game which I know has a beta2 bashed patch active, apparently it loaded and plays no problem, so I am out of ideas on that one.

I built my bashed patch in Oldrim as well and no issues whatsoever. Maybe we need to get a copy of a few load orders to see it is possible to repro it that way. 

On 12/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

Done for all Nexus Pages - @Beermotor has admin powers now ..

Dont let slip any involuntary evil laughter moments :)

Most likely the only thing I'll ever do is make one post sticky. I'm too afraid I'll blow something up. :P

So I have confirmed an issue reported by Kailithnir that he discovered while authoring his Daedra-tastic Rune Spells mod.

The Rune Spells mod revamps the graphics of the rune spells in the base game. Since this conflicts with another mod called Apocalypse that also replaces the rune spell textures, he wrote a patch for it that allows Apocalypse to use his updated rune spell textures. It is four TXST records.

Spoiler

apoc-patch.JPG.11ce852c4257397e2d9a3073c75902f9.JPG

The "DtRS - Apocalypse Patch.esp" is simple enough to be merged into the Bashed Patch.  This is where the issue lies.

The main TXST records are indeed imported into the bashed patch, but the DODT subrecords are not. I have been able to reproduce this.

Here is a screenshot that Kailithnir supplied that shows the issue in the patch. This is identical to the result I got. 

Spoiler

4xaWH0n.jpg

It is labeled "present in bashed patch" but he means the "Flags" DODT attribute subrecords are not present in the BP.  

For now the guidance he's been giving his users is to skip merging the plugin into the Bashed Patch or to disable the plugin while building the patch.

If you need any more information I'm in contact with Kailithnir and he's glad to help out.

@Beermotor You made your Release notes post sticky, which is unnecessary because as previously mentioned I have already included your notes in the pop open Spoiler in the second sticky above yours (I did that on all Wrye Bash nexus pages when I realised your post would roll off the front page).

No big issue, its just a horrible scroll fest with too much stickies for readers, and they are the top of every page of comments, not just the first. We already have a bit too much in the sticky department with just the stickies I put up there so far, I keep trimming them back down in size occasionally as pertinent information becomes no longer necessary.

4 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@Beermotor You made your Release notes post sticky, which is unnecessary because as previously mentioned I have already included your notes in the pop open Spoiler in the second sticky above yours (I did that on all Wrye Bash nexus pages when I realised your post would roll off the front page).

No big issue, its just a horrible scroll fest with too much stickies for readers, and they are the top of every page of comments, not just the first. We already have a bit too much in the sticky department with just the stickies I put up there so far, I keep trimming them back down in size occasionally as pertinent information becomes no longer necessary.

Yep I didn't think of that until I considered I use fairly gigantic monitors. I'll unstick it if you haven't already. 

Thanks but what exactly happens when switched off - the commit that added handling was long before other games were around - I see hints that it might not work for other games:

bUseMyGamesDirectory is believed to be unused by the game. bUseMyGamesDirectory may have toggled where the game will look for and place the game configuration and load order files. It was an Oblivion tweak, and it seems to have gone to Oblivion, since it does not work in Skyrim according to testing.

from http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI/General#bUseMyGamesDirectory

Note: There is also a bUseMyGamesDirectory setting in Oblivion.ini, changing this has an effect only if the value of PERSONAL has been changed from its default value.

from http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Directories

see also https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=4653, https://sourceforge.net/p/oblivionworks/enhancements/69/

Also, if off (bUseMyGamesDirectory=0), do we need to have an ini in the game folder ? In general what should be the error handling there ?

Current code checks if there is an ini in game dir and if it has this to zero - if not (either) it then looks into profile folder (usual location) for the game ini and _again_ checks if the setting is 0 in which case it redirects saves to the game dir but still using the ini in usual location. This seems wrong so ?

In a newly installed SSE game the setting doesn't exist, so it doesn't appear there's a choice. Should imagine the best way to test in Oblivion/Fallout3 (not loaded here, sorry) is to turn it off, load a game and save it. One would expect to see the new save in the Oblivion/Fallout root directory? If it has been saved to MyGames, the setting must be ignored.

On 12/26/2017 at 12:03 PM, Utumno said:

OK had a bit of time to play with this, the only thing I have as a good reproducer is the Size Does Matter plugin. Grab the "Size does matter safe" main file, it consists of just a plugin which is merge-able (apparently now there are others like Enhanced Vanilla Trees which when merged causes the same issue, but is fine with Beta1)

Ok next you need to uninstall Wrye Bash and go waaaay back to beta1 up on nexus.

I tried one of the nightly builds which were just before Beta2 and the problem for Oldrim users apparently started a bit before that, because the Game not going beyond the Skyrim Logo problem can also be achieved with a nightly build.

Uninstalled Wrye Bash completely with the Uninstaller, then Installed Beta1 standalone, and after loading it up I generated a Bashed Patch, 1.esp

Then Rebuilt Bashed Patch, 1.esp (just use all default selections), with Size Does Matter installed, and let it fully merge

Load up the game with Bashed Patch, 1.esp active and size does matter deactivated (+), and as per everyones reports it loads fine.

Then uninstalled Wrye Bash, and installed Beta2 standalone, then generated a Bashed Patch, 2.esp

Then Rebuilt Bashed Patch, 2.esp with Size Does Matter installed, and let it fully merge

Load up the game with Bashed Patch, 2.esp active and size does matter deactivated (+), and as per everyones reports ..

Holy hell does this lock up the machine. You need to fully shut down with a hard reset (hold the computer power button for 5 seconds), no matter what I tried to get a Task Manager up you cant get to it, Alt Tabbing is dead.

cX884xJ.png

What you see is ..

Y7nJlk9.png

You cant do anything, no Load or Continue, and the machine is completely locked up, so when testing dont have anything unsaved because you will need to hard reset the machine to get it working again.

Having had a look at both Bashed Patches ( 1 and 2 ) to compare them in TES5Edit, the only difference I see is the old beta1 bashed patch has a version of 0, and the new beta2 bashed patch has a version of 43 - Do we need to enforce 43 on Old Skyrim ?

Here are the two bashed patches if you want to have a look at them https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z31b9o1xngnln3/Old Skyrim Beta1 and Beta2 Bashed Patches for comparison.7z?dl=0

The first was freshly generated by beta1, and the second with beta2 standalone Wrye Bash

There is nothing of any concern in the beta2 bashbugdump.log after rebuilding the bashed patch

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201712232300 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.16299
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  304 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Skyrim game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  227 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.1

If this is happening as reported for other merge-able mods too, I can well understand why people are going back to beta1 for oldrim

Edit : @Kelsenellenelvian You might want to take a look at your mods which have employed copying records (and versioning) - Read on through this Wrye Bash topic over the next few pages, Beermotor has made a few discoveries along the way, I am finding a few of your mods are causing this issue for people using them (typically "I used your mod and merged in the Bashed patch, and the game freezes when loading") .. a simple Load into the CK and resave will sort them out.

You can Ctrl Alt Del to get to launching the Task Manager, thats not the problem, its getting out of the locked game to be able to use Task Manager after its launched (you cant alt tab to the task manager). So a hard reset is the only way out because there is no way to shut down the game process. If Wrye Bash was running, I would not be able to get to getting it in focus to even try Ctrl Break .. But thats not part of the issue either. Its the game being locked up with a Bashed Patch produced for oldrim by beta2, that has merged plugins

After my HD crash I am unable to install pretty much anything with the old 250 GB drive I have so sorry I can't help.  Just something to think about. If you were to set all the ESP files to have the ESM flag, and loaded and saved the Bashed Patch with the CK what would it do to it?  In regards to the Form Version being 43 it would most defiantly save it with 43 so that's not an issue. 

Make a Bashed Patch with the fewest masters possible, set the ESM flag and, save the Bashed Patch with the CK and see if you have the same issue. What does it change in the file? If you are merging mods and therefore only Skyrim.esm is the master then still what did the CK change? When comparing the merged mod with the Bashed Patch make sure you are loading the merged mods also so you can compare what it happening.

Also what about saving the mod you are merging with the CK? What does the CK change about Size Does Matter? Do you have the same issue merging the mod if the mergable mod is saved with the CK?

Remember to set any ESP files to have the ESM flag prior to saving and then remove the ESM flag.