Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That appears to have copied everything correctly. Bash is still activating the plugin after the patch is built though even though I told it to deactivate that.

I had a similar weirdness with that too. At first it would activate the plugin and no "+" symbol. Then it was working. Ooooo I see now I took the SMBN and SMQN records out since I was just testing what the quest record did.  Let me try again with them in the plugin.

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Oddly enough (once I saw what hrfixes did I wanted to use it) when I ported it to SSE it isn't mergeable anymore. :(

Not Mergeable
•  HRFixes.esp:

New record(s) in block(s): QUST, SMBN, SMQN.

It's not mergable with SSE? Maybe there was something I was unable to account for. I'll check later and see why.

EDIT: Wait.......  I'm a noob.  Hey did either of you notice that the current version of Helgen reborn doesn't have those records? They are injected. I have Helgen Reborn V105_3-35841-105-3.7z and it doesn't have those records. So since I was testing CTDA and not the mods I copied the QUST record into Helgen reborn so it was a proper override. If either of you have the old version that has those records I could test with that.

Otherwise Wrye Bash is going crazy because they are injected records. I don't know if there was a bug introduced by accident due to some refactoring elsewhere. However, what I would think is that since they are injected, Bash is treating them as new records, which isn't mergable.

2 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Hey did either of you notice that the current version of Helgen reborn doesn't have those records? They are injected. I have Helgen Reborn V105_3-35841-105-3.7z and it doesn't have those records. So since I was testing CTDA and not the mods I copied the QUST record into Helgen reborn so it was a proper override. If either of you have the old version that has those records I could test with that.

Unfortunately I don' t have the older version. If the Lizardly One doesn't have a copy we may be able to reach out to Mike Hancho to see if he still has an old version backed up anywhere. Let me know and I'll drop him a line if need be.

The injections were done intentionally. It was originally a patch file I wanted to send to Mike Hancho in order to fix the way the mod was starting up but he decided to stick with how the mod handles it with the book.

I do believe the records I injected are something he used to do but claims doesn't work for whatever reason. I merely kept the file and continued to use it for myself but Bash has never deactivated it even though it should be able to since it's always done that with injected records in Oblivion.

Thanks for that Arthmoor. Just remember that normally changing record definitions, or updating CTDA, and other things I can change doesn't effect how the mods are merged or how the patchers work.

It's not a priority but at some point please check if you can still merge injected records in Oblivion and let Utumno know because that may have changed accidentally due to some other change.

Hlp let me know he has the CTDA information I need but it will be a while until he can alter his script extender plugin to grab a more accurate list.  For now I should be done with CTDA by Monday if all goes well but it will be just the minimum that needs updating. Getting rid of the unused function IDs that Lojack left there from wherever he copied that from will have to wait.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:56 PM, Beermotor said:

Just for grins I did your Dovahkiin Retreat Xmas update (my daughter is running it too and said to tell you loves it) and it worked like a charm. Dovahkiin_Retreat_Xmas_CSVs.7z

Post which winter mod you use in the Skyrim SE comments section for the xMas Retreat. If you don't have one I have a possible way to get one updated that should be easy enough for users to follow.

19 hours ago, Utumno said:

Thanks for excellent bug report - could you post me an issue for this (just copy paste it, adding the link to the forums here so we have context) ? I have to look into it - after beta and probably 308 wip as relates to profiles actually

@Utumno Done. Issue 399.

6 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Post which winter mod you use in the Skyrim SE comments section for the xMas Retreat. If you don't have one I have a possible way to get one updated that should be easy enough for users to follow.

It rarely snows here (I've had one white Christmas in 45 years)  so I hadn't even thought about using a winter mod to add snow or anything. :)

As far as suggestions, here are a few mods I've looked at that are already available for SSE:

Holidays  - this one lets you configure when you want the decorations to be displayed. This one is really cool. I used it last year but I haven't tested it to see if it works with MCM yet.

Snowy Wintery Cities - Never used this one but found it trying to find another mod.  It only modifies the city cells from what I can tell.

There's another mod out there somewhere that replaces grassy areas with snow but I can't find it.  Maybe someone else knows where to find it.

Master flagged ESL files should be fine since those do appear to obey proper dependency rules but it's quite possible we'd need to exclude normal ones that aren't master flagged.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:28 PM, zilav said:

If we are speaking about CC esl plugin then yes, nothing to patch there because CC mods do not conflict by definition (at least what Beth promised in their curation). As for user esl plugins - haven't seen them yet.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:06 PM, Sharlikran said:

Personally for now I wouldn't include them at all, user created or official. If you read Arthmoor's post he mentions what has been confirmed and what has been observed. I feel there isn't enough control over the ESL files to reliably patch them. If you did it would be a nightmare of "if and elseif" statements to make sure that the record will override properly. Once you have the records patched into the Bashed Patch it's an ESP file so there is no guarentee that another ESL file won't override it anyway.

I also don't feel it's a good idea to make a separate patching system and call it a Bashed Patch 0.esl file because you don't know what other mods will override it anyway and you can't really reliably control where that bashed patch will load.

I know you are just verifying with Zilav and Arthmoor and that's fine, but Bethesda has decided how they handle ESL files and there are various conditions that make them behave how Bethesda wants that a mod authors can't control 100% of the time exactly how they want.

21 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Master flagged ESL files should be fine since those do appear to obey proper dependency rules but it's quite possible we'd need to exclude normal ones that aren't master flagged.

Seems there is a difference of opinion

If all CC records are going to be loaded at FE anyway .. Why bother importing or merging into a bashed patch which will load earlier, those bashed patch records will just be overridden. Or have I misunderstood the OP here

.. Or, is it a case of any merging or importing into the bashed patch may aswell happen, even if it does get overridden by most of the records at FE, there may be some which are not at FE ?

30 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Seems there is a difference of opinion

If all CC records are going to be loaded at FE anyway .. Why bother importing or merging into a bashed patch which will load earlier, those bashed patch records will just be overridden. Or have I misunderstood the OP here

.. Or, is it a case of any merging or importing into the bashed patch may aswell happen, even if it does get overridden by most of the records at FE, there may be some which are not at FE ?

That was my understanding as well.  I purchased some more CC content (the mage stuff and the Knights of the Nine armor) so I can test something if need be.

One way to resolve the going back and forth is to pick a method and try it. Once released on the Nexus with people that think Wrye Bash will do what they expect with ESL files will post their findings. People only post when it doesn't work. So if the chosen method doesn't work they will let you know.  Some people have a very controlled environment and choose their mods wisely. Those people may experience no issues at all. Where as people that have more mods may have a different experience.

Utumno asked for feedback because of my request to have none of them included (because you would be patching something that is merged at runtime) and let Bethesda's internal routines handle it, the responses were:

Zilav: " If we are speaking about CC esl plugin then yes, nothing to patch there because CC mods do not conflict by definition (at least what Beth promised in their curation). As for user esl plugins - haven't seen them yet. "

Arthmoor: " Master flagged ESL files should be fine since those do appear to obey proper dependency rules but it's quite possible we'd need to exclude normal ones that aren't master flagged. "

Using Nexus as a testing ground won't get you anything useful. You'll have people using both methods insist that the mod doesn't work.

That said, I think alt is probably right after thinking about it some more. Patching an ESL with a regular ESP makes no sense when the ESL forms will be mapped beyond the reach of the bashed patch. So ESL files would need to have their patch records dumped into an ESL file of their own. That's likely a considerable amount of work and wouldn't be feasible for the push to get 307 released.

Since ESL came into play, the load order id (FExx) and the actual order of loading are no longer identical. A form named FX01nnnn can be loaded before a form named 08nnnnnn.

To find the actual order you have to follow the logic that the runtime applies, which should be:

vanilla esm in order of publication (the table is inside the runtime).

vanilla esl in the order of the ccc file.

other master files (esm/esl or esp with master flag) activated in plugins.txt in the order they are listed with dependent esm/esp/esl "injected" before if they aren't selected yet.

remaining files activated, with once again dependent esm/esp/esl "injected" before if they aren't selected yet.

That is what I concluded by "reading" the code in the next to last version of Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE. Though there was also a difference between F4 and SSE I don't remember right now.

We probably need to create a test suite of plugins that can be used and shared to confirm every hypothesis we have so far. Just no time for it at the moment.

Some family pics but not all, some morrowind mods maybe, but just not everything I want to keep. So I ordered a refurbished drive of same model to use as a parts drive. But I need tools to swap out the heads then a new drive as my new permanent drive. Not looking forward to this and I don't have the money for the new drive yet. And my mom's situation is worse. So just not convenient at all.

Hi, I'm on utumno-wip and am getting a new error trying to re-install the mod "Miqo'te follower for Skyrim SE-1134-1-5.7z".  There are directories in the meshes and textures folders that contain Chinese or Japanese symbols and they seem to cause the error.  As I said, this is a re-install so I've used Wrye Bash previously to install this self same mod.  I had been trying to use the Creation Kit to compress the Form IDs and turn it into an ESL, but messed it up instead.

Revision: f39ba8b5386a495b7050236ecf4b27bda8338d6f  307.201711250133

Spoiler

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.py", line 2495, in __Execute
    self.Execute()
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\installer_links.py", line 504, in Execute
    ui_refresh, progress, last, override)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2269, in bain_install
    override)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2209, in _install
    progress, refresh_ui)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2225, in __installer_install
    sub_progress)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 990, in install
    return self._install(dest_src, progress)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1184, in _install
    subprogressPlus, unpackDir)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1021, in _fs_install
    fs_operation(srcs, dests, progress.getParent())
  File "bash\env.py", line 573, in shellMove
    renameOnCollision=autoRename, silent=silent)
  File "bash\env.py", line 522, in _fileOperation
    target.replace(u'\x00', u'\n'))
bash.exception.InvalidPathsError: <exception str() failed>

Actually, it's just the following files in the meshes folder that are causing an install problem.  I had been thinking of other files I had to clean up after the Creation Kit fiasco.

meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー\Candy.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー\CandyHl.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (2)\Candy.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (2)\CandyHl.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (3)\CandyHl.nif

LOL, they all are "New Folder" Lazy, lazy...

I had a similar problem with a mod that contained a ReadMe with Korean characters in the filename.

Have you by any chance tried manually unpacking it from the archive to \Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers\ and then installing it as a project? Same debug log error?

20 hours ago, Verayth said:

Actually, it's just the following files in the meshes folder that are causing an install problem.  I had been thinking of other files I had to clean up after the Creation Kit fiasco.

meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー\Candy.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー\CandyHl.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (2)\Candy.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (2)\CandyHl.nif
meshes\KHair\新しいフォルダー (3)\CandyHl.nif

I was playing with that mod at one point earlier in 2017 and I don't remember hitting any kind of glitch over it so I'm going to go snag it again for testing.

EDIT: was able to reproduce - Obligatory bug dump.

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201711250133
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.16299
Python version: 2.7.14
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
Using scandir 1.6
bash.py  316 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion
bush.py   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.py  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition based on sOblivionPath setting in bash.ini:  C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py  156 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
mods_metadata.py  227 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.1
    self.Execute()
    override)
    progress, refresh_ui)
    sub_progress)
    self.Execute()
    override)
    progress, refresh_ui)
    sub_progress)

Reproduction steps:

1. Pick BAIN subpackages. The offending files are in '00 Core Files' SubPackage.

2. Install package

3. Bash will get about halfway through extracting the files (until it hits the Kanji file names) and bug check.

4. I also accidentally clicked "Install missing" when I was trying to run an uninstall to make sure everything was removed from my Data folder but I still had to delete some empty folders from the failed install.

@Verayth I think the reason I missed it in my earlier experiences with the mod is I almost always pack loose files to BSAs. That may be what you have to do in the interim as a work-around.

• Thanks 2

@Verayth - are you sure you have installed this very same mod with a previous version? It seems it's a limitation of the windows API we use to move files - please post me the version that worked - if this is ok I may be able to fix that otherwise this goes for after beta at least - a hard nut

I decided to exclude all esls from the patch based on discussion here, better safe than sorry - plus it won't make much difference as they don't count towards espm limit - as the patchers UI code is still half refactored (read fixed) I am not sure I caught them all - could someone post me links to some esls that are currently included in the patch for SSE of fo4 ? ASAP please so I can merge the esl stuff and release another nightly - getting there.

22 minutes ago, Utumno said:

I am not sure I caught them all - could someone post me links to some esls that are currently included in the patch for SSE or fo4 ? ASAP please so I can merge the esl stuff and release another nightly - getting there.

Not exactly sure if this is what you meant, but I enabled all of the patchers (graphics, stats, names, etc) that were not normally enabled and out of all of the official CC ESLs I have, it only attempted to snag records out of 'ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl', but I'm not sure what's special about that ESL (see below).  Also it did not try to touch any of my homemade ESL files or those from other users.

Here's the bug dump. Beermotor-20171209-BashBugDump.log

I couldn't get the 'ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl' to load in SSEEdit to see the flags on the file but I did manage to get most of the info exported (same SPELL record caused the export to bugcheck) from the file. ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl_exports.7z 

Using a stock unmodified version of the WIP branch, I did not see the patcher trying to do anything with any of the ESL records.