Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Use the WB EXE uninstaller or use the control pannel, and uninstall WB.  Then get it all removed manually if needed. Run the EXE installer from the second post (second post of this thread) and choose the Skyrim SE Standalone.  Let it install itself. For the Standalone install you will have only loot_api.dll in the Mopy folder.  Leave it as is.  Go to the windows icon, all programs, scroll all the way down to Wrye Bash and choose Wrye Bash debug log.  Run that, just run it and close it.  I just tried it and it worked fine.

@Sharlikran - There is nothing to uninstall in WB other than deleting the directory since it's python :/ I have used the standalone version before, but never have touched the installer version. Be that as it may, I was attempting to troubleshoot and provide some feedback on the python version. The stand alone works, was just attempting to use the python since I already had python installed.

So just a heads up, finally got the python version to run solo with loot. This version https://github.com/loot/loot-api-python/releases/tag/2.0.0 will not let WB load and was the cause of the issues. When I install the files from https://github.com/loot/loot-api-python/releases/tag/1.2.0 which is an older version it loaded up and ran fine. Just an FYI, for some reason WB doesn't like the newer loot_api.dl and loot_api.pyd files.

Sorry Helidoc65, I must have missed that you needed the Python version explicitly. Then in that case you would just install the python version.  Delete all but the two loot dll files and then copy in the new Python files instead.

1 hour ago, Daidalos said:

The newest version of the loot api will not work because v2.0.0 had a bunch of changes to the API and Wrye Bash was not yet updated to support it. See WrinklyNinja's post on the subject.

@Daidalos - Thanks for the link, I had yet to read through the open issues on GitHub and did not see it in the OP. Just read in the docs that it was needed so grabbed the latest.

@Sharlikran - No worries , it was not an explicit need on my part, just hate something not working so I get to tinkering, plus at my age it keeps the mind sharp or at  least I like to think it does :)

@Utumno @WrinklyNinja Reference the xEdit topic if you haven't already seen it, starting at this post

I have LOOT Version 0.11.0 (build 7976a4de)

and Wrye Bash 307.201709160706

I think I may have found another problem with Wrye Bash / LOOT for Oblivion (GOG version)

The plugins are not being redated, giving them an incremental time stamp of one minute added on to the previous plugin in the load order.

I found out due to TES4LODGen throwing an error because of out of order masters.

Also if I multi-select all plugins in the mods tab, and choose File Redate .. An error is thrown by Wrye Bash

Unfortunately I had to leave it there, now back on shift, so no bug dump for the time being.

Both LOOT and Wrye Bash are singing off the same hymn sheet (LOOTs plugins.txt file ?) with their load orders, but neither of them are redating plugins which is necessary for that game, so TES4LODGen is looking at the date/times of the plugins, loading them in that order, and then throwing errors due to the masters being out of order. So looking at the Load Order for that game just in LOOT or Wrye Bash, all seems fine, but because this game is dependant upon loading with timestamps ... All is not well.

I also noticed that the file C:\users\username\appdate\local\oblivion\plugins.txt is not updated by either LOOT or Wrye Bash, and the Official Oblivion Game Launcher, if you click Data Files, has the games Load Order in accordance with that file, which is the same incorrect Load Order that TES4LODGen is trying to load them in :

large_000.jpg.f4e15b0360918a970084be9f45

There is more detail in the linked topic, which Zilav has answered and also linked a conversation on Nexus along the same lines.

14 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I think I may have found another problem with Wrye Bash / LOOT for Oblivion (GOG version)

@Utumno I can reproduce the problem with Wrye Bash. I'm using Wrye Bash Version 307.201709160706 (Standalone), and LOOT API version: 0.10.2, with Oblivion GOG version.

The plugins are not being redated, giving them an incremental time stamp of one minute added on to the previous plugin in the load order...

..I also noticed that the file C:\users\username\appdate\local\oblivion\plugins.txt is not updated..

When I change the LO of a plugin or group of plugins, WB is not updating the plugins.txt file.  If I open \Data, the modified times have been changed correctly.

If I activate or deactivate one or more esp's then exit WB, the plugins.txt file is updated properly.

When I run LOOT from within Wrye Bash, if there are no changes to the load order to be made, then the plugins.txt file is not updated. If there are changes to the LO and I apply them, then LOOT (0.10.2) is updating the plugins.txt file.

When I run BOSS from within Wrye Bash to sort the LO, whether or not the load order has been changed, the plugins.txt file is not updated.

In all scenarios, the official launcher is staying in sync with the list of active plugins in the plugins.txt file, whether or not the file is correct or the modified date of the esp's have been changed.

Also if I multi-select all plugins in the mods tab, and choose File Redate .. An error is thrown by Wrye Bash

I tried this as well, and only once (the first time) got an error. The error was "Unrecognized Date: 12\31\1999 05:00:00 PM" However when I tried with the auto-filled current date/time, it worked fine. I tried a couple other dates/times, including the one for which the error was thrown, and once with a single digit for the hour (5:00:00 PM), all of which worked fine. I even closed/reopened WB and tried it again, and redating all plugins worked fine for me. So maybe I just made a typo the time the error was thrown.

My BashBugDump.log was identical whether or not the plugins.txt file was changed, so I doubt it will be of much use, but here it is anyway:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201709160706 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
bash.pyo  324 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  228 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2

I hope this helps!

P.S., Does anyone know where I can get a previous Utunmo Bleeding-edge WIP? 307.201709160706 is the only one at the Dropbox link, and I can't find one at Github. (I just suck at navigating Github.) Thanks!

Edit: Crap, looks like this is happening for version 307.201709152046 too. Well, that would be why my recent play-testing was was acting strangely.. Thanks @alt3rn1ty for finding this!

My last previous version is 307.201708021813, so if anyone has, or can link me to one using scandir that doesn't have the plugins.txt problem, that would be wonderful!!

16 minutes ago, RavenMind said:

~ I tried this as well, and only once (the first time) got an error. The error was "Unrecognized Date: 12\31\1999 05:00:00 PM" However when I tried with the auto-filled current date/time, it worked fine. I tried a couple other dates/times, including the one for which the error was thrown, and once with a single digit for the hour (5:00:00 PM), all of which worked fine. I even closed/reopened WB and tried it again, and redating all plugins worked fine for me. So maybe I just made a typo the time the error was thrown.

Concur that has been my experience also (though I dont recall the error that was thrown, pretty sure it was a few more lines than just unrecognised date in my instance), I tried it this morning after getting home and could not reproduce the error after the first time trying to redate all plugins, all attempts to produce any kind of related error have failed. BashBugDump.log (apart from the machine specific stuff) reads the same, nothing to report .. sigh.

And all plugins are getting redated (although only after manually doing that using the Redate command .. Pretty sure this always used to be automatically handled by Wrye Bash for Oblivion)

The redating problem seems to have gone away for me. I don't have to choose redate to get the modified date/time to change, just move the esp then close WB. I even rolled back to a previous version & tried a Ctrl+A -> File -> redate. Weird.

Now though I'm finding even v307.201708021813 also has the plugins.txt problem! :wallbash:

I was on call this weekend with work so I wasn't able to do much objective testing, but I did get to test the plugins.txt thing. 

Backstory: I hoped to avoid it, but I was working on an installer for a terribly constructed mod and needed to take a look at the FOMOD installer. I begrudgingly installed NMM (isolated as much as possible) and ran through the installer.  Well as soon as I was finished I closed NMM and went back to WB.

Of course NMM completely dicked up my plugins.txt.

So I kept trying to get things to sort, fought with it for a good 5 min before I looked down at the task bar and saw a lone NMM error message window protesting about something completely insignificant. This one little error window was keeping NMM open with a lock on plugins.txt.  NMM didn't show up in Task Manager but it kept showing up, like a bread turd that won't flush.

Once NMM was completely killed off everything returned to normal and sorting proceeded as expected.

23 hours ago, Daidalos said:

The newest version of the loot api will not work because v2.0.0 had a bunch of changes to the API and Wrye Bash was not yet updated to support it. See WrinklyNinja's post on the subject.

Yep we need to update the readme at least with correct info - as in last known LOOT working version -> link. Then we need to  update the code to bundle newest LOOT (should be easy @WrinklyNinja said so above). Could have a github issue for that @Daidalos?

Re: redating please give me a rundown - plugins.txt has nothing to do with load order in Oblivion, it's just the active plugins

Just skimmed - I am pressed for time

EDIT: @Helidoc65 - thanks for using python version - always go for utumno-wip branch, contains fixes etc that are not on dev (sits on top of dev)

22 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Of course NMM completely dicked up my plugins.txt.

Gah! I recently installed NMM (and OBMM) to help troubleshoot for someone. I just KNEW I'd regret doing that! Strangely, when I did my testing yesterday, I had already uninstalled NMM (and OBMM). Even going so far as to run a registry cleaner to look for stray NMM entries & get rid of them. Not seeing any processes or services that appear to be associated with NMM. Guess I'll need to go registry diving and see what I can turn up. *sigh* Does anyone know if I delete plugins.txt & run OB from the launcher if it will rebuild it?  Hmmm, I'm using Multiple Oblivion Manager, which copies \AppData\Local\Oblivion & renames it. I'll try switching to a different profile & see if I can reproduce.

1 hour ago, RavenMind said:

Gah! I recently installed NMM (and OBMM) to help troubleshoot for someone. I just KNEW I'd regret doing that! Strangely, when I did my testing yesterday, I had already uninstalled NMM (and OBMM). Even going so far as to run a registry cleaner to look for stray NMM entries & get rid of them. Not seeing any processes or services that appear to be associated with NMM. Guess I'll need to go registry diving and see what I can turn up. *sigh* Does anyone know if I delete plugins.txt & run OB from the launcher if it will rebuild it?  Hmmm, I'm using Multiple Oblivion Manager, which copies \AppData\Local\Oblivion & renames it. I'll try switching to a different profile & see if I can reproduce.

In my post earlier I was referring to Skyrim SE because I misunderstood the problem and though it may have been an issue with SSE as well.  Regarding Oblivion, if you can back things up, try it with a clean slate and see what happens. If it goes to hell in a hand basket you have your backed up metadata to fall back on.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:45 AM, Utumno said:

plugins.txt has nothing to do with load order in Oblivion, it's just the active plugins

:facepalm: I thought that since the entries in plugins.txt are sorted according to load order, rather than alphabetically like in the launcher, that it worked along with the file dates to help OB determine LO. Since activating/deactivating a plugin and LOOT ordering does cause plugins.txt to be updated, then this is apparently a non-issue. I'll have to try again sorting with BOSS WITH a load order change, and just double check that plugins.txt is being updated. It probably is. Sorry to have wasted your time with this!!

As far as file redating, it's working fine for me. It sounds like @alt3rn1ty may be experiencing something different, but it's good on my end.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:04 PM, Beermotor said:

So this is a thing:  

Highlights:

EDIT was pointing users to the Bleeding Edge branch - it has been updated to point to this thread.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:04 PM, Beermotor said:

Hi, I am the author of this video. I teseted it also with the standalone exe but it does not work. Only with the python version like installed in this video. (Also with version 307.201709160706 from this thread - but only Python!).

I just wanted to test with the standalone installer, but avast reposrts virus like in my post above. Is this a false positive?

2 hours ago, OutdatedTV said:

Hi, I am the author of this video. I teseted it also with the standalone exe but it does not work. Only with the python version like installed in this video. (Also with version 307.201709160706 from this thread - but only Python!).

I just wanted to test with the standalone installer, but avast reposrts virus like in my post above. Is this a false positive?

Curious, does it give the same result when posted at VirusTotal?

No problem @RavenMind - @OutdatedTV - well since if I uploaded this, even if I said it's not a virus would you believe me ? :P _ better report this at avast - do check virus total as @Imstearn suggested

@all - I want two things checked:

- produce some OBSE statistics files (save > log stat obse) on oblivion - next iteration refactors that code (and supports writing correctly the cosave masters) so I need to test that nothing broke. utumno-wip already contains those changes so test dev or better current standalone/ python: 307.201709160706

- restore settings (again on 307.201709160706) -> does it restore settings correctly - I mean the settings files. So backup then restore and see if files are overwritten

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Utumno said:

No problem @RavenMind - @OutdatedTV - well since if I uploaded this, even if I said it's not a virus would you believe me ? :P _ better report this at avast - do check virus total as @Imstearn suggested

- produce some OBSE statistics files (save > log stat obse) on oblivion - next iteration refactors that code (and supports writing correctly the cosave masters) so I need to test that nothing broke. utumno-wip already contains those changes so test dev or better current standalone/ python: 307.201709160706

- restore settings (again on 307.201709160706) -> does it restore settings correctly - I mean the settings files. So backup then restore and see if files are overwritten

Thanks!

@Utumno, I gave an exception to Wrye Bash.exe in Avast and tried it with MO2 on Windows Insider 16291. 

@Helidoc65, Wrye Bash 307.201709160706 Installer version still gives the same error as the Installer version from Skyrim SE Nexus, just like this: https://imgur.com/a/C2S0k

It's working fine from MO2 with the Python version "Wrye Bash 307.201709160706 - Python Source.7z". But not for @Helidoc65.

@Helidoc65, Did you do the python installation like I did in the video? Just to be sure we have a similar environment.

6 hours ago, Utumno said:

Thanks!

First test I performed was settings restoration.

Test steps:

1. Launched WB 307.201609160706
  2. Gear icon -> Backup
  3. Saved as custom name. File saved to '\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\'
  4. Closed WB
  5. Went to my 'user profile\my games\oblivion\' and removed all of the WB dat files.
  6. Removed the dat files from all over 'oblivion mods'.
  7. Launched WB. Window position was forgotten. Window size as well.
  8. Gear icon -> Restored from backup
  9. Relaunched WB
  10. Other than receiving the Installer Tab confirmation again, everything was in place.

OBSE stats:

Right clicked a new save and selected ".obse Statistics". Window popped up with the following information:

Spoiler

Header
================================================================================
  Format version:   00000001
  OBSE version:     21.4
  Oblivion version: 010201A0

Plugin opcode=00001400 chunkNum=6
================================================================================
  Type  Ver   Size
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  SDOM  0     000006D8
  SVTS  0     00000000
  EVTS  0     00000000
  SVRA  1     00000000
  EVRA  1     00000000
  BOLG  0     00000000

Note that this ^ is a brand new game with no quests completed or anything. I used Arthmoor's  Alt Start patch and walked outside my house in Skingrad and down to the bridge.  If I need to gather more data I can.

I also tested Settings restoration.

1. Using WB 307.201609160706 Standalone
  2. Saved settings via Gear icon.
  3. Without closing WB, made copies of .dat files included in the backup & verified hash against originals.
  4. Uninstalled a package with an ESP, changed load order, deactivated an ESP, changed an ini tweak, & modified a save file.
  5. Verified hashes had changed on relevant .dat files
  6. Restored settings via Gear icon
  7. After WB reopened, and without closing it, verified all hashes on .dat files included in the backup were again the same as the copies previously made.

Everything looking good. :)

• Thanks 2