Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

@Utumno - The latest nightly is turning into something of a treasure trove of fubars - Found another problem

Easy to replicate, just copy any old BAIN which has a bunch of meshes, and name the new copy of the BAIN something slightly different to the original

Using Install Last (because Install is fubar currently), install the copy aswell as the original

The idea is we should now have a conflict for each duplicate file installed = Nada

Conflicts are not being registered.

EDIT : ALSO DISREGARD THIS POST - IDENTICAL FILES ARE NOT CONFLICTS

Ok on a mobile device. Last post - conflicts are files that conflict - if they are identical no conflicts. Re: BP will fix I think I know what's wrong (technical, fallout4 imports skyrim records and the import pattern in Bash is arcane) - strange alt3rn1ty's doesn't blow. Re: install, should be a last minute change I made, gosh, no way nothing breaks.

Was that all ? Removing ghosting menus is not trivial - wait for 307 proper ? I would need an exhaustive list of what should be removed.

Wrye morph is there for oblivion right ? Then it won't be removed as should be working for people still

Thanks for rewriting that guide @alt3rnity - thanks for feedback everyone :)

EDIT:

Completely untested should fix BP and install - I am on a holiday so can't even launch Bash ;)

5 hours ago, Utumno said:

conflicts are files that conflict - if they are identical no conflicts.

Removing ghosting menus is not trivial - wait for 307 proper ?

Wrye morph is there for oblivion right ? Then it won't be removed as should be working for people still

Argh seems I'm making fubars not Wrye Bash :)

Yep, concur, identical = doesnt matter which file ends up installed if they are both exactly the same so no need to show as a conflict in those cases, I have been told that before but occasionally forget the logic of it - When I made the old Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide at that time this logic was not working, so there was a file in common between Arhtmoor's Faregyl Village and Vergayun mods .. Which I used as an example for Install Ordering. Now that this logic works, that file being exactly the same in both mods no longer comes up as a conflict (See this old screen from WBPG where it used to come up as a conflict and no longer does for newer builds of Wrye Bash) .. I noticed while redoing the screens for the guide and thought Wrye Bash was having a fail moment, but in fact it was failing in the old version used for the guides. Looks like I need another file conflict candidate for that screen that has a different CRC.

Understood - And yes it doesnt need to be done for the next beta, I was hoping it was a trivial alteration

For Wrye Morph my brain was reading Bash Mon instead :redface: (I'm on shifts again so thats my excuse)

Grabbing the new build - Have a good holiday!

Also got the new screen finished now that Wrye Morph is not Bash Mon (in my head) ..

WBB-5.png

9 hours ago, Utumno said:

EDIT:

Completely untested should fix BP and install - I am on a holiday so can't even launch Bash ;)

Install still does not work with that one, and additionally Install Last has also now stopped working, and wizards are also throwing errors.

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201707301621 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  323 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 2495, in __Execute
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\installer_links.pyo", line 506, in Execute
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2274, in bain_install
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2213, in _install
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2228, in __installer_install
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 980, in install
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1171, in _install
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1160, in unpackToTemp
  File "bash\archives.pyo", line 97, in extract7z
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 2063, in __call__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 2063, in __call__
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 2031, in __call__
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1365, in _do_progress
  File "wx\_windows.pyo", line 2971, in Update
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "value <= m_maximum" failed at ..\..\src\generic\progdlgg.cpp(337) in wxProgressDialog::Update(): invalid progress value

Third's the charm - I still can't run Bash so untested:

Should fix the silly install bugsie, and hopefully the FO4 BP is already fixed.

Wait for it to upload and happy bashing :)

2 hours ago, Utumno said:

Confirming that BP and installation bugs are gone! Thank you! :)

7 hours ago, Utumno said:

I cant confirm the bashed patch for FO4 (not being able to repro')

Install works again

But Wizards are still a new problem, I cant get a bashbugdump error to show for the following, but its easily reproducible with this nightly build

Grab Arthmoors RAEVWD for Oblivion

Right click, choose Wizard = Instant error screen

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201707311453 (Standalone)
bash.pyo  323 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  e:\Oblivion
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: e:\Oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2

0000.png

An error occurred in the wizard script:
Line 10:    SelectSubPackage "00 Core"
Error:    (Line 10, Column 27): Sub-package '00 Core' is not a part of the installer.

000.png

After reverting to using the previous good nightly build 307.201707201839, wizard on RAEVWD is fine .. (I needed to revert to finish part of the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide currently working on, so gave this a check for comparison)

00.5.png

43 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I cant confirm the bashed patch for FO4 (not being able to repro')

Install works again

But Wizards are still a new problem, I cant get a bashbugdump error to show for the following, but its easily reproducible with this nightly build

Grab Arthmoors RAEVWD for Oblivion

Right click, choose Wizard = Instant error screen

Hide contents

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201707311453 (Standalone)
bash.pyo  323 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  e:\Oblivion
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: e:\Oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2

0000.png

An error occurred in the wizard script:
Line 10:    SelectSubPackage "00 Core"
Error:    (Line 10, Column 27): Sub-package '00 Core' is not a part of the installer.

000.png

I'll can confirm this on my end too. I think this is one of the last gremlins though.

4 hours ago, Utumno said:

Hrmpphhh - untested attempt at the wizard bug, again last minute change:

Nothings rattling yet, all recent issues with Install / Install Last / Wizard seem to be good and fixed now.

I like that View Wizard (Extracts it then loads it up in your text editor).

Also trying some other things not tried for a while, list structure / Open at / Using LOOT without closing Wrye Bash then bringing Bash back into focus and checking refresh .. checks correct / De-select some sub-packages manually and anneal, then reselect, drag n drop position of a conflicting mod, then anneal all and check everything .. checks correct / Drag n drop a zip from an explorer window into Installers Tab, then refocus Wrye Bash to be presented with its Do you wish to copy or move etc = working fine / Right click a save, check statistics, rename player, check statistics again for change / Repair Abomb, abomb counter reset  ...

... In other words, its looking damned fine considering you are probably doing this via remote control on an I-Pad sunbathing - Amazing stuff. :cool:

While I am doing more of the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide update, will see if I can find anything else.

I already just about finished the Basics and Intro to Installers, see if you can load this pdf in your browser / pdf viewer to have a preview nosy (not sure how this will work as just a file upload on the post .. fingers crossed you see the bookmarks on the left, depends how your pdf viewer is configured I guess) :

WBPG - Basics and Installers Intro.pdf

Also got a few pages being prepped on Nexus

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85782?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25870?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11289?

And Mirror Links to all the above on the Original http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35230/?

Edit : Is there anything you want specifically tested - Lost the plot on what department you are concentrating on since it raised a few knock on effects to distract us :P, I reckon you just want everything checked so will continue doing that for now.

Edit 2 : From gamingsrc on the comments of SSE Wrye Bash ...

"PS.
There a new beta release of 7-zip. Now this archiver don't give anymore some rare errors when adding on-the-fly files to a compressed archives."

I haven't tried it personally, and I know that usually its best to only include stable rather than beta 7z, but it might be worth looking into in case Wrye Bash experiences some of these rare errors packing any files back into a BAIN. Edit : Actually I think you have the bugs he was talking about covered with 16.04 7z, still might be worth a look at the beta though .. http://www.7-zip.org/history.txt

• Like 2

So, which thread is the "official" thread?  Bethesda.net or here, or both?  I can and will check both, of course.  This thread seems to be more current--plus the forums are much nicer (Bethesda is shit).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Malonn said:

(Bethesda is shit).

Hi Malonn and welcome:)

Hit the nail on the head. Utumno wants Beth net to be the logical place people will find the official topic for Wrye Bash, but, yeah.

One day the posting tools might actually work as expected and the spam filter will not be so ridiculous .. before the next iceage hopefully

Edit : Something else here you will like, Beermotor A.K.A Mertz has been busy

4 hours ago, Malonn said:

So, which thread is the "official" thread?  Bethesda.net or here, or both?  I can and will check both, of course.  This thread seems to be more current--plus the forums are much nicer (Bethesda is shit).

Hey, welcome Malonn!  Great to see you here! :) 

On the old forums there was an odd issue I was going to look into (reported by Johnnn) and provide a Git Bisect for it since I could reproduce it. You may have already tested things and know it's resolved.  However, if not, the latest 307.201707311453 does not have the error.  My hypothesis is that either cint.py had some kind of update, or it's resolved because of leandor's changes to CBash which is now in the dev branch.

6 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Hi Malonn and welcome:)

Hit the nail on the head. Utumno wants Beth net to be the logical place people will find the official topic for Wrye Bash, but, yeah.

One day the posting tools might actually work as expected and the spam filter will not be so ridiculous .. before the next iceage hopefully

Edit : Something else here you will like, Beermotor A.K.A Mertz has been busy

Hey, thanks.  Okay, so Beth.net is the official home.  Good to know.

That's neat about those BAIN Wizards.  They could be quite handy, me-thinks.  I haven't bit the bullet and bought SE yet.  I'll give it some time, let the price come down a bit.

2 hours ago, Supierce said:

Hey, welcome Malonn!  Great to see you here! :) 

Hey there, Supierce.  I see you're everywhere too.  I haven't seen you on TAL yet.  But I wouldn't be surprised if you have an account there too.  :)

14 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

On the old forums there was an odd issue I was going to look into (reported by Johnnn) and provide a Git Bisect for it since I could reproduce it. You may have already tested things and know it's resolved.  However, if not, the latest 307.201707311453 does not have the error.  My hypothesis is that either cint.py had some kind of update, or it's resolved because of leandor's changes to CBash which is now in the dev branch.

If it doesn't have the error then let's forget about it, it being

I have yet to push this on github

Great work on the guide @alt3rn1ty. Re: 7z we do not add files on the fly anyway. Re testing I have the feeling too we are stable and your random tests confirm that - nice tests by the way, those operations are complex enough. Bash has its bugs but now they are mostly of the "edge case" kind, main functionality is stable. Will work on merging the code but no new changes. Don't hold your breath it will take probably couple weeks, or more. Happy rest of summer those on the north hemisphere

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Malonn said:

Hey, thanks.  Okay, so Beth.net is the official home.  Good to know.

That's neat about those BAIN Wizards.  They could be quite handy, me-thinks.  I haven't bit the bullet and bought SE yet.  I'll give it some time, let the price come down a bit.

Hey I'll be glad to give a shot at making wizards for Skyrim LE, FO4, or Oblivion if you know of any mods that need wizards.  Post in that thread and one of us will surely get a wizard or BCF for it.

5 hours ago, Utumno said:

If it doesn't have the error then let's forget about it, it being

I have yet to push this on github

Great work on the guide @alt3rn1ty. Re: 7z we do not add files on the fly anyway. Re testing I have the feeling too we are stable and your random tests confirm that - nice tests by the way, those operations are complex enough. Bash has its bugs but now they are mostly of the "edge case" kind, main functionality is stable. Will work on merging the code but no new changes. Don't hold your breath it will take probably couple weeks, or more. Happy rest of summer those on the north hemisphere

This is fantastic news.  Good luck with the merge and no rush.  This is going to be an awesome release. :clap:

17 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Hey I'll be glad to give a shot at making wizards for Skyrim LE, FO4, or Oblivion if you know of any mods that need wizards.  Post in that thread and one of us will surely get a wizard or BCF for it.

I'll post in the thread as well, but I'll tell you a mod that badly needs a Wizard: SMIM (Static Mesh Improvement Mod by Brumbek).  It has a FOMOD, but who uses NMM? ( :) )

You'll have your work cut out for you with SMIM.  But I would love a Wizard for it--I'm sure others would too.

I'll post in the official thread now.  Ok, sorry, no more derailing from me.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

They have all been launched :construction:

Just uploaded the Generic (Oblivion based with quite a lot of wordage changes) "Basics and Installers Intro" for now, the rest still need work / starting

I figured they all may aswell be using the basics guide for now

@Beermotor I also linked your WizBAIN thread in the description, so you may well get a few more visitors :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

They have all been launched :construction:

Just uploaded the Generic (Oblivion based with quite a lot of wordage changes) "Basics and Installers Intro" for now, the rest still need work / starting

I figured they all may aswell be using the basics guide for now

@Beermotor I also linked your WizBAIN thread in the description, so you may well get a few more visitors :)

That's great news too. I'll keep an eye out on the thread. I've got a fairly busy weekend this weekend but I allotted some time to finish a few projects I've been working on.

Very minor issue to report, and perhaps it's just something weird on my end. Using 307.201708021813. It's not finding BOSS in its "default" location: C:\BOSS\BOSS.exe. I changed the install location of BOSS, then enabled the bash.ini & filled out the path manually: sboss=C:\Users\Chuck\Games\Tools\BOSS\boss.exe

This brought the icon up in the Status Bar. I've got "Launch Using GUI" checked. When I click to run BOSS I get the following error: Could not launch 'BOSS GUI.EXE' Application missing: C:\Users\Chuck\Games\Tools\BOSS\BOSS GUI.exe

Note the lack of an underscore between 'BOSS' and 'GUI.exe'

In the default BOSS install the BOSS GUI executable is named "boss_gui.exe". Note the underscore.

Renaming the file to "boss gui.exe" (without underscore) fixed the problem & let me launch BOSS.

35 minutes ago, RavenMind said:

In the default BOSS install the BOSS GUI executable is named "boss_gui.exe". Note the underscore.

Renaming the file to "boss gui.exe" (without underscore) fixed the problem & let me launch BOSS.

That's a good catch. I didn't even notice it.  Apparently with the new builds of BOSS (after it changed maintainers) the executable name was changed and that underscore was added.. It sounds like the executable name just needs to be updated in WB.

I've got and old and new copy of BOSS for comparison:

Old Boss:

old-boss.PNG.46ea7cad553a294033e33c4374b23b32.PNG

New Boss:

newboss-notsameastheoldboss.PNG.a4b39e35d237a7148e649ddd1a44ba31.PNG

I still use BOSS for Oblivion but I use a shortcut on my desktop. I never thought to test with a shortcut on the bar. :beer: