Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Not sure why GoG did what they did, but they didn't just change the date, they somehow removed the timestamp from the files entirely. There was no real reason to have done that. If they wanted to make the timestamps mod friendly, setting them to 1/1/2006 would have been fine.

Thanks @fireundubh - good job @alt3rn1ty !

> Not sure why GoG did what they did

It's called a ... bug ?

I am very busy lately (and very tired, duh) but I need to proceed with the second (and final) 307 beta. Will try my best - I still need some help from Lojack to include a nice performance boost for BAIN initial scan and finalizing some stuff by @nycz (who is very active and taking over stuff off my shoulders that's been annoying me since forever - thanks!)

One change that will be coming over soon is a switch to wx 3.02. Be prepared to update your wx install you pythonistas! wx 2.8 we're using is paleolithic (and slow) and we need to move ahead.

I also gave GOG another report to highlight that the new CS update Oblivion.esm is completely missing any kind of timestamp ( I thought something was odd when taking that screenshot back there, and didnt realise that windows was probably having to give the plugin a default but really old timestamp ). So I guess Wrye Bash will need an amendment so that it does not fail in such circumstances .. But the GOG package may well receive an update to correct it ( They have already acknowledged my previous report about the path issue, so I linked that to this topic with the screenshot about the timestamp issue aswell ).

Looking forward to the next beta :)

2 hours ago, Utumno said:

One change that will be coming over soon is a switch to wx 3.02. Be prepared to update your wx install you pythonistas! wx 2.8 we're using is paleolithic (and slow) and we need to move ahead.

Is this the first step towards Python 3.x?

If it is then what impact/consequence would it have for WMSA, at least Yacoby's WMSA since it's more or less independent of Python.  Although, Melchor's WMSA seems a little affected to what Python version the user has installed.

5 hours ago, Utumno said:

Thanks @fireundubh - good job @alt3rn1ty !

> Not sure why GoG did what they did

It's called a ... bug ?

Well, no, it technically isn't. It's a convenience feature for modding. I like that they're willing to do things like this though, I just don't think stripping the timestamp off so it shows up as being from 1969 was the proper way to go about it. Wrye bash has been setting the BSA files to 1/1/2006 for ages now and that's worked out just fine.

My bug hunting expedition continues, this time into the dark lands of BCF creation and application.

Since I created a BAIN wizard for the Immersive Citizens AI mod, I thought I might try my hand at BCF creation since concept could conceivably be more palatable to some mod creators.

BCF creation went Ok by all indication, but applying the BCF bugchecked.  I'm able to reliably reproduce the error.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create BAIN for the donor package including addition of wizard.txt.
  2. Archive (compress) the BAIN package
  3. Back at the donor package, select "Conversions -> Create" and pick the name of the new BAIN package created in step #1.
  4. Check that the BCF has been created in the right location, check contents.
  5. Remove all traces of BAIN package created in step 1 from BASH installers.
  6. Close Wrye Bash
  7. Launch Wrye Bash
  8. Go back to original donor mod, right click, select "Conversions -> Apply -> BCF created in Step #3"
  9. Bugcheck.

I've attempted to test with several mods I've created BAIN installers for (SkyHUD for example) and can replicate the issue.

Attached is my BashBugDump for the steps above done with the Immersive Citizens mod.  Beermotor-BCF-apply-BashBugDump.log

Since I'm a BCF noob, If I'm doing this all wrong (it is possible - I followed both the Advanced Readme and the STEP guide) please let me know and I 'll try again.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is in the 6/16 BE WIP build.

Edited by Beermotor
Forgot to mention version

@Beermotor oops - the progress counts the files wrong I bet, grr and I was about to pack a new standalone

Can you link me to a complete set of files to reproduce - the BCF and files it needs - I don't need to create the BCF this is ok - so step 8

Is it reproducible on current dev ? https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/archive/dev.zip

Edited by Utumno
I mentioned fireundubh instead of beermotor,...

Sure thing - Testing with the 6/03 dev build linked above I was able to reproduce the error.

Info dump:

After the BCF is created the summary displays the following information:

bcf-summary.PNG.ec9b3611be0f86b71cfb2d9dd5e82d4d.PNG

Closed dev build, removed BAIN (zip) and package I used to create it.

The source file is the current version (0.3.9a) Immersive Citizens for SSE:   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/173/?

The BAIN package used to create the BCF: Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul-BAIN-173-0-3-9.7z

The BCF created is here: Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul-BAIN-TEST-173-0-3-9-BCF.7z

Here's the BashBugDump from the application of the BCF: BCF-application-BashBugDump.log

If you need me to send anything else please let me know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What have we here ?

Contains the latest CBash by @leandro and the fix for the timestamp Oblivion bug - it's the new beta in other words (well I suspect I will post a couple other nightlies before the beta but hey)

Did not find time to look at the BCFs - will do, thanks for the detailed reproducer @Beermotor

@Utumno is there another dropbox link ?

The one at the end of the second post gives us 307.201705262232 and not 307.201707052007

So does this mean building patches with CBash in Skyrim should be possible now? Or is this just a refresh for Oblivion? I confess I have not been following along as closely as I should be :P

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

Works for me @alt3rn1ty 

Yep now it does, when I made my post earlier it still linked the old installer, maybe dropbox cache or something had not caught up ..

.. Installing on my laptop before I go back on night shifts, so can test when we have quiet moments over next few days, will report back probably within that time, if not it will be next week.

But initial finds for Oblivion =

Yep that seems to work okay with the new Oblivion timestamp being recognised as valid

On first run I also simultaneously ran LOOT for the first time on Oblivion setup, and it got the load order correct for all I have installed at the moment

But then I closed LOOT and refocussed Wrye Bash window .. It did not detect the order had been updated refresh the Mods Tab new order. So I closed Wrye Bash so that it would reload the new load order

I also noticed on reloading Wrye BAsh that after I had set its window size to my preference on the first loading of Wrye Bash, on the second load up it had not remembered the window size.

.. I dont have enough time to test further right now because I need to travel in 20 minutes, so thats all I have for today

00.png

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201707052007 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  322 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  E:\Oblivion
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: E:\Oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
bolt.pyo  173 formatDate: Timestamp -3600 failed to convert to local using time.struct_time(tm_year=1969, tm_mon=12, tm_mday=31, tm_hour=23, tm_min=0, tm_sec=0, tm_wday=3, tm_yday=365, tm_isdst=0)
bolt.pyo  173 formatDate: Timestamp -3600 failed to convert to local using time.struct_time(tm_year=1969, tm_mon=12, tm_mday=31, tm_hour=23, tm_min=0, tm_sec=0, tm_wday=3, tm_yday=365, tm_isdst=0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3760, in RefreshData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1970, in refresh
UnboundLocalError: local variable '_added' referenced before assignment

Just had a quick load up of Wrye Bash for Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 - The Wrye Bash window size being lost is common for all of them.

Oh bummer the window size was reported by @Beermotor - I had it debugged but because the fix was not satisfactory I had not proceeded and then forgot - well time to turn the eye on that - the "local variable '_added' referenced before assignment" maybe responsible for loot -= will fix that too - tommorowish however

Was just gonna drop by to confirm window sizing is being lost on every new startup :P Looks like you're on the case already though.

Awesome. I haven't had a chance to test yet but I'm looking forward to it.

This is a bit off-topic, but I have a question about something that I may be able to fix myself:  I've noticed that Wrye Bash will ignore or skip a "Tools" directory if it is present in the BAIN. With Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods it is a common practice to include a "tools\calliente tools\BodySlide\" folder structure containing Bodyslide definitions.  I've tried "override skips" and several other methods,  but they are still not installed via WB and I have to manually copy them over.   I was going to write a Wizard for BodySlide and CBBE (and several other mods containing Bodyslide files) for FO4 and that stopped me dead in my tracks.

Is there a way to get WB to install and track them without having to hack Python?

Beermotor, I do the same thing - manually install the Tools folder and its contents. I'd love to see WB include Data\Tools\... as a recognized installable folder. Thank you for mentioning it! :)

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Is there a way to get WB to install and track them without having to hack Python?

1 hour ago, Supierce said:

Beermotor, I do the same thing - manually install the Tools folder and its contents. I'd love to see WB include Data\Tools\... as a recognized installable folder. Thank you for mentioning it! :)

I do the same thing too, it is the easiest way I know of.  There might be a way, if WB accept archives to be installed via a Wizard or a normal installation in BAIN.

Although, the only problem I see doing that is that how is WB to know to extract such an archive.

Wrye Bash doesnt allow it because the tools\ folder is not an expected folder that you would get if you unpacked all of the games BSAs, like textures / meshes / music etc which are all recognised game folders.

But like OBSE/SKSE it could have an exceptional folder (Bodyslide and supporting data files included with many body mods is getting quite a popular thing, I would dare say even more popular a need than for the script extenders these days). All it would take is to get Wrye Bash to include the Tools folder (I think, or whatever is the top level folder for CBBE and body mods wishing to install bodyslide data files which should be installed in DATA) as an acceptable folder for installation, for Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 (I think those are the only games with Ousnius and Caliente's body slide support) - Similar to how we allow for SKSE plugins to be installed, the folder just needs adding to the list of accepted ones, then anything but illegal files (ie not exe's, jar's, .dll's, rar's etc) would install.

If there are any data files as part of body slide data that need to install which fall foul of the illegal list, they wouldn't install, so it would be pointless if some of the necessary setup will never fully install (I dont know enough about it to give an expert opinion, I use CBBE for Fallout 4 but just install the necessary files and dont mess with Bodyslide or its supporting data files at all)

I think that if you install Bodyslide, then you have to install outside of data and a few executables, which cannot be done by Wrye Bash being outside of data and including illegal files in data. So that has to be a manual install (or even a dedicated executeable installer would probably be the best way to go installing that, because really its a tool package (Like LOOT, like Wrye Bash, like xEdit .. not a mod package))

But I think what CBBE tries to install (along with many other body mods) is just data files for Bodyslide (and no executables ?). If thats the case we just need whatever folder (Tools ?) to be on the accepted list, its a simple addition.

But as mentioned doing that would be pointless if body mods such as CBBE also include things like exe's or .dlls' .. Do they ? (I am not at home so cannot look into it)

Would Has Extra Directories do the trick ? I can of course add the tools dir to the list of accepted ones - for Oblivion too ?

13 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Would Has Extra Directories do the trick ? I can of course add the tools dir to the list of accepted ones - for Oblivion too ?

It could do the trick if only the Tools directory were accepted by WB.  I think that's a better thing to do to add a tools dir in WB, similar to what the screenshot dir is for both WB (Oblvion, Skyrim?) and WMSA (Morrowind).

Beermotor said that Has Extra Directories does not work in that case, so it would need (I think) Tools\ folder adding.

Oblivion - I dont think there is a Bodyslide setup for that game

There is from what I can find :

Bodyslide and CBBE - For Skyrim LE

Bodyslide and CBBE - For Skyrim SE (Note CBBE is just a holding page for SSE, its still to be published after conversion to that game)

Bodyslide and CBBE - For Fallout 4

I dont think the other Fallouts have the Bodyslide setup either .. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think sliders would work with the bodies of FO3 or FNV, different setup to Skyrim / FO4 - Edit : Same problem for Oblivion too, more bones etc on newer games so not possible to backport for that game (or if it is it would probably be a lot of work for Ousnius and Caliente for what is a very old game now).

It looks like the file that needs to be modified is "__init__.py" for each games. This is actually kind of great since I can do a little bit of Python-ese regex-fu and get it added.

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

595fcf4c5e532_ScreenShot2017-07-07at1_06_53PM.thumb.png.35eb0af7cfacb82eb497dcf1cd41a0d9.png

Just to be clear, there are a lot of subfolders inside Data\Tools\Bodyslide\, so all contents need to be installed.