Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

I think what Beermotor is trying to do is give people a wizard which can easily be added to someone elses FOMod without having to do any major restructuring .. a ) because the author is probably not around anymore and .. b ) because the restructuring would also necessitate adapting the FOMod script to the new sub-package layout for other people to do aswell = Its probably less troublesome to give users an option with less hurdles to overcome

Its been a while since I used those commands but shouldn't it enclose the whole path in double quotes ""

I tend to use single quotes just for making text printed in the wizard look as if its quoted, for example ..

SelectOne "Select either 'Option A' or 'Option B' but not both",\

"Option A","Extra Bright 512","Images\\bright512.jpg",\
        "|Option B","Normal Brightness 512.","Images\\Normal512.jpg"
        Case "Option A"
            SelectSubPackage "10 Extra Bright 512"
            Break
        Case "Option B"
            SelectSubPackage "10 Normal Brightness 512"
            Break
EndSelect

So anyway back to your script, using double quotes ..

SelectEspm "4 Patches\\RLO - CRF Patch.esp"

You could also selectsubpackage "4 Patches"

Then DeSelectEspm each one you do not need for that part of the wizard.

So ..

SelectSubPackage "4 Patches"

Case "Cutting Room Floor Patch"

DeSelectEspm "4 Patches\\RLO - CRF Patch.esp" 

Break

or ..

Case "Cutting Room Floor Patch"
    SelectSubPackage "4 Patches"
    DeSelectEspm "4 Patches\RLO - CRF Patch.esp"
    DeSelectEspm "4 Patches\other Patch.esp"
    DeSelectEspm "4 Patches\another Patch.esp"
    Break

Could probably give you other ways to approach it but I dont know whats in the zip you are playing with ..

.. But doesnt matter, I think you just had a little syntax error problem. See also the Common mistakes in the Technical ReadMe

3 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I think what Beermotor is trying to do is give people a wizard which can easily be added to someone elses FOMod without having to do any major restructuring .. a ) because the author is probably not around anymore and .. b ) because the restructuring would also necessitate adapting the FOMod script to the new sub-package layout for other people to do aswell = Its probably less troublesome to give users an option with less hurdles to overcome

Yes this pretty much correct:  this  is not my mod but the Realistic Lighting Overhaul 5.0 for SSE that just came out on the Skyrim SE Nexus. I don't have any control over the packaging unfortunately. I could probably ask nicely I suppose. :)   I just wanted to make a BAIN wizard to make it easier for WB users to install.

Thank you for the idea on doing SelectSubPackage then deselecting the ESPs individually. I'll give that a shot. If it doesn't work I'll just chalk it up as a loss. 

So you guys don't think I'm a complete lunatic, I intentionally added the double-quotes (and a few other regex tricks on different attempts)  thinking I might be able to cram the path into SelectEspm somehow or another and I just wasn't doing it right. Turns out I just wasn't doing it right. ;)

Ok I'm back. @alt3rn1ty your suggestion worked perfectly!  I've attached a fairly finished version of the wizard to this post.

Everyone keep in mind this is not an official Realistic Lighting Overhaul team exercise, I'm just doing it to hone my skills and to help fellow Wrye Bash users. 

Thank you all for your advice and constructive criticism.  This is probably one of the mod hideous BAIN wizards anyone has ever seen but please let me know if there are better ways to do things.

RLO_501_Wizard.txt

33 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

but please let me know if there are better ways to do things.

RLO_50_Wizard.txt

One thing that could be better is to post a quick guide here (SLE) and here (SSE) or why not in this forum of how do it yourself. :)

1 hour ago, Beermotor said:

Thats clever, and for a noob its pretty well done, I cant see anything obvious, you have the ,\ where needed and more importantly studiously avoided putting one where it should not be (ie the last line in a selectmany batch of options before the cases)

-----------------------

If you havent seen these already, more advice on wizard scripting is in :

Metallicows Demo Wizard

Moos demo contains probably the most amount of wizard examples anywhere. If a particular method is done in this demo, it should work with all versions of Wrye Bash, if it does not then I would suspect a bug in Wrye Bash development.

Surazal's scripts are a bit swish too, noteable for not having much in the way of user interaction, but instead they check out what is in data already automatically and apply patches as required leaving the user looking at a finish page "Oh, right, its all done then?" ..

Sensual Walks for Female NPCs - Grab the file "Sensual Walks for Wrye Bash Users v8-4-2", and unpack it (the BAIN is zipped up within a zip) .. From what I recall the wizard in that starts with setting up variables, checking what is installed, and is then mostly one huge For / EndFor containing nested If / Else / ElIf / EndIf

14 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Ok I'm back. @alt3rn1ty your suggestion worked perfectly!  I've attached a fairly finished version of the wizard to this post.

Everyone keep in mind this is not an official Realistic Lighting Overhaul team exercise, I'm just doing it to hone my skills and to help fellow Wrye Bash users. 

Thank you all for your advice and constructive criticism.  This is probably one of the mod hideous BAIN wizards anyone has ever seen but please let me know if there are better ways to do things.

RLO_50_Wizard.txt

Did a version of this for the update some time back. Hope it helps. Send my regards to Sidney. :)

22 hours ago, Leonardo said:

One thing that could be better is to post a quick guide here (SLE) and here (SSE) or why not in this forum of how do it yourself. :)

Heh thank you but I probably need to wait a while until I'm posting anything in there.  I'm still very much a padawan. :)

21 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Thats clever, and for a noob its pretty well done, I cant see anything obvious, you have the ,\ where needed and more importantly studiously avoided putting one where it should not be (ie the last line in a selectmany batch of options before the cases)

-----------------------

If you havent seen these already, more advice on wizard scripting is in :

Metallicows Demo Wizard

Moos demo contains probably the most amount of wizard examples anywhere. If a particular method is done in this demo, it should work with all versions of Wrye Bash, if it does not then I would suspect a bug in Wrye Bash development.

Surazal's scripts are a bit swish too, noteable for not having much in the way of user interaction, but instead they check out what is in data already automatically and apply patches as required leaving the user looking at a finish page "Oh, right, its all done then?" ..

Sensual Walks for Female NPCs - Grab the file "Sensual Walks for Wrye Bash Users v8-4-2", and unpack it (the BAIN is zipped up within a zip) .. From what I recall the wizard in that starts with setting up variables, checking what is installed, and is then mostly one huge For / EndFor containing nested If / Else / ElIf / EndIf

Thank you that is huge praise coming from you - I learned the majority of what I know from reading through your wizards, starting with the one for the Vilja eye mod.  When I decided to learn to create wizards I created a folder and stuffed it full of every wizard I could find on the Oblivion and Skyrim Nexus. Metallicow's Demo was fantastic. I read through the demo in Notepad++ while stepping through the Wizard in WB and it was extremely educational.

Now as for Surazal's stuff, after seeing the wizard for Sensual Walks, I delved into in his releases and ended up spending about an hour playing around with his BAIN Archive Tools app. While I still I prefer to build my projects and write my scripts by hand, that is an amazing piece of software.

10 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Did a version of this for the update some time back. Hope it helps. Send my regards to Sidney. :)

Thank you for sharing that. I read through it and learned a lot from it. I was a bit hazy on how to cancel an install and I didn't know you could nest things like that. Very impressive, thank you. If I end up sending the v5.0x wizard over to the RLO team I'll make sure to pass along your regards. :)

@Utumno SlyGeezer on Fallout 4 Nexus found an unusual one, when installing it with Wrye Bash on the Installers Tab, we get an unusual pop up box saying the plugin has "Unrecognised Versions"

This mod Free Parking

The zip just contains a freeparking.esp

It needs a bit of work in the cleaning department :

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] FreeParking.esp
[00:00] [REFR:002174C9] (places CarFrameCheap01 "Frame" [STAT:0021DBB0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DA9D] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,12) in Precombined\0000DA9D_3831AAC9_OC.nif)
[00:00]     REFR -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Base
[00:00] [REFR:001B5526] (places PickUpTruck01A_Static "Truck" [STAT:00181E11] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_01B8656E_OC.nif)
[00:00] [REFR:001B5525] (places DiamondRubbleTrash05_Gravel [STAT:00120012] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_01B8656E_OC.nif)
[00:00] [REFR:000C348F] (places Tire02 "Tire" [MSTT:0003A640] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11))
[00:00] [REFR:001EB847] (places WoodPallet02 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3885] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_F989CFA7_OC.nif)
[00:00] [REFR:001EB848] (places WoodPallet02 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3885] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_F989CFA7_OC.nif)
[00:00] [REFR:001EB849] (places WoodPallet01 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3884] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_C1B8656E_OC.nif)
[00:00] [REFR:001EB84A] (places WoodCrate01 "Wood Crate" [STAT:000211F5] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_C1B8656E_OC.nif)
[00:00] All Done!
[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 1589041 Elapsed Time: 00:04
Undeleting: [REFR:001EB84A] (places WoodCrate01 "Wood Crate" [STAT:000211F5] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_C1B8656E_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:001EB849] (places WoodPallet01 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3884] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_C1B8656E_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:001EB848] (places WoodPallet02 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3885] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_F989CFA7_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:001EB847] (places WoodPallet02 "Pallet" [STAT:000C3885] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_F989CFA7_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:000C348F] (places Tire02 "Tire" [MSTT:0003A640] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11))
Undeleting: [REFR:001B5525] (places DiamondRubbleTrash05_Gravel [STAT:00120012] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_01B8656E_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:001B5526] (places PickUpTruck01A_Static "Truck" [STAT:00181E11] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DABC] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,11) in Precombined\0000DABC_01B8656E_OC.nif)
Undeleting: [REFR:002174C9] (places CarFrameCheap01 "Frame" [STAT:0021DBB0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DA9D] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 16,12) in Precombined\0000DA9D_3831AAC9_OC.nif)
[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 926, Undeleted Records: 8, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Removing: [NAVM:002496E7] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of InstituteExt03 [CELL:0000E405] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -5,0))
Removing: [NAVM:002496EB] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of InstituteExt03 [CELL:0000E405] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -5,0))
Removing: [NAVM:0017E128] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000E404] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,0))
Removing: [NAVM:00190546] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000E404] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,0))
Removing: [NAVM:00152CBA] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DFE4] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,1))
Removing: [NAVM:0021A56B] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DFE3] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,1))
Removing: [NAVM:0021BF4D] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DFA2] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,3))
Removing: [NAVM:001EC18B] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DA9F] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 14,12))
Removing: [NAVM:002462D2] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000DA9F] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 14,12))
Removing: [NAVM:0024795D] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HubCityAutoWreckersExt02 [CELL:0000DA7F] (in Commonwealth "Commonwealth" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,13))
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 926, Removed Records: 10, Elapsed Time: 00:00

But I could not get Wrye Bash to produce anything relevant in the bashbugdumplog :

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201705262232 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  322 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2

When installing it, we get an unusual pop up box saying "Unrecognised versions"

0000.png

( Apologies but I tried spoilering the cleaning results along with the bashbugdump.log and made a mess of the post .. This forum also does not like a couple of spoilers in the same post in its current version )

EDIT : Disregard this report, Sharlikran has looked into it on Nexus and found its probably due to the mod author using some kind of tool he would be better advised not to.

Interesting. I ran into that earlier when I was messing around cleaning my FO4 masters. I got the same "Unrecognized Versions" error for these mods:

WB-wip-unrecognized-versions.PNG.2125f869d7295535b8839a3878c5b417.PNG

I got curious and opened them up in xEdit. They were clean so I dug around a bit more and found that the form version for both of them is 0 rather than the usual 131.

craftable_ammo_xedit.PNG.77044ebff2cc5ddcf1000b07ccf843d7.PNG

Edit: So I downloaded Free Parking to see if that was the problem, and replicated the error in WB, except Free Parking's esp is showing form version 131. 

freeparking-header.PNG.18404a45667b31f458b30c20d7695133.PNG

My apologies for the formatting, my browser is being a total dick.

The errors in Fo4Edit of "REFR -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Base" are there because they wern't handeled by xEdit. That's how the CK does it and nothing to be worried about.  If the author used the UDR feature, but didn't run the automated cleaning for ITMs that would resolve that.

@Beermotor looking at the code for xEdit 0.95 is for Fallout 4.  So I don't know what to make of that.

Utumno, using the latest WIP to change an ESP description, I get the following traceback when clicking the Save button (both FO4 and Oblivion):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
    if onButClick: self.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, lambda __event: onButClick())
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 1477, in DoSave
    bosh.modInfos.refresh(refresh_infos=False, _modTimesChange=changeDate)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1969, in refresh
    if not change: return change
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'change' referenced before assignment

Also on the Mods tab, the Masters box is barely visible and isn't re-sizable (on both Oblivion and FO4). Let me know what you need! :)

Fallout4.esm has 131 for the Weapon records and 40 for Cells. So Not sure about that. Mostly I'm concerned with the plugin version itself. What got a hold of the plugin, that would cause that to happen?  Your guess is as good as mine but in any case it wasn't the CK or FO4Edit.

14 hours ago, Supierce said:

Utumno, using the latest WIP to change an ESP description, I get the following traceback when clicking the Save button (both FO4 and Oblivion):

Reveal hidden contents

File "bash\balt.py", line 436, in <lambda>
    if onButClick: self.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, lambda __event: onButClick())
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 1477, in DoSave
    bosh.modInfos.refresh(refresh_infos=False, _modTimesChange=changeDate)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1969, in refresh
    if not change: return change
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'change' referenced before assignment

Also on the Mods tab, the Masters box is barely visible and isn't re-sizable (on both Oblivion and FO4). Let me know what you need! :)

Thanks - fixed the traceback in wip, masters work ok for me ?

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

Thanks - fixed the traceback in wip, masters work ok for me ?

It's working now. Maybe I just missed the grab bar. Thank you! :)

@Utumno Just uninstalling all Wrye Bash (testing something out after seeing user on Oblivion Nexus has a problem with Wrye Bash after GOG updated from Oblivion 1.2.0416 to Oblivion 1.2.0416 CS (Now includes the Construction Set)) ..

.. And noticed that Oblivion entry ends with a forward slash (though everything uninstalls fine). It is also unusual in that the drive letter is lower case whereas the others are uppercase

000.png

Same happens on Installation (my cursor is in the path because I am about to manually change it to a \

0000.png

And after re-installation I can reproduce the same error as drjaxx0 on Oblivion Nexus ..

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201705262232 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  322 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   89 __supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   91 __supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  149 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  155 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  E:\Oblivion
bush.pyo  170 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: E:\Oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  224 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
__init__.pyo 3410 __init__: Fatal error constructing 'Mods' panel.
  File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 117, in <module>
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 439, in main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3994, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3634, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3405, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 1742, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 252, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 212, in __init__
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1699, in __init__
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1812, in PopulateItems
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1757, in PopulateItem
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 769, in <lambda>
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 167, in formatDate
ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Also note drjaxx0 edit to his post :

"EDIT: Wrye Bash is back! :)

It seems that the latest patch from GOG affected the timestamps of the core ESP/ESM files.

I changed the "last modified date" of Oblivion.esm file to 2006-01-01 00:00:00 and used BOSS to deal with the rest of the files - after the modification."

I am going to leave my Oblivion installation as is until Wrye Bash can get past this problem without user interaction, so I can test any fixes (but I may not be back for a few days again .. going to be away from home again for a while)

Apparently the new oblivion esm was created in 1969 :fear:

<old man voice> "yes those were the days, you think you had modding troubles, try playing the game on a pocket calculator"  :D

Good OLD Games was named well

00.5.png

A Univac? Oblivion would have been very interesting in black and white- (30 lines by 62 ASCII characters or thereabouts)

A blinking square cursor for a weapon- lets make that a Player. :) 

Thanks - the e:\oblivion/ thing I don't know - maybe @fireundubh could tell. The ValueError traceback was a good catch, thanks for debugging that for me - will fix in next iteration

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

Thanks - the e:\oblivion/ thing I don't know - maybe @fireundubh could tell. The ValueError traceback was a good catch, thanks for debugging that for me - will fix in next iteration

The installer reads the path to Oblivion from the Windows registry. It isn't possible for the installer to treat the Oblivion path any differently from other paths.

So, this is a data issue, not a code issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling Wrye Bash should resolve the issue, but if that doesn't work, the user needs to fix the path to Oblivion in the registry manually.

The path to Oblivion in the registry can be found at one of these locations:

• HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion
  • HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion

:beer: 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Oblivion]
"Installed Path"="e:\\oblivion/"

I'm going to report it to GOG so they can sort out their Oblivion game installer

Edit : Report made