Information about SKSE64

Leonardo

6 hours ago, hlp said:

They did not break things. They just updated their software.

This. Folks need to realize that nothing is broken and that modding tools and/or mods themselves simply need to be updated to account for this stuff. It's a perfectly normal thing.

Welcome to Skyrim, Creation Club 1.5.16.03. You have just become the new bastard child. :) 

As Arthmoor stated, there is a lot of work to do to get SKSE to run with Skyrim Special Edition; any changes to the game that Bethesda makes,  it will cause SKSE to stop running.   This thread has mentioned that there are other things the SKSE team are doing besides making our gaming life more fun.  I miss SKYUI and the use of SKSE for mods, but I will wait patiently for the next update of SKSE. :)

Edited by Strategy
Sentence Edit

This from the great Panjandrum himself:

SKSE64 2.0.5: 7z archive

Here's an update for runtime 1.5.16.

If you are running in to crashes on startup, please check your /Data/SKSE/Plugins folder for outdated plugins that don't perform a proper version check. Once you've identified a plugin that is crashing on startup, please contact the author (not me) for an update, and ask them to add a proper version check.

whatsnew:
- support for runtime 1.5.16
- fix crash in GetLeftHandSlot (could show up in Actor.EquipItemById, GetEquipSlotById, EquipItemEx, UnequipItemEx)
- fix GetFormWeight return type
- many internal definition fixes/additions
- hooks for tint texture size
- unified internal tasks
- handle lookup for 'light' mods, serialized in cosave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new SKSE64 is out. People should update. And by the way, properly setting your game in steam makes all this unnecessary and a lot easier.

a) set steam to autostart so you don't forget to launch it before the game.

b) set the games you mod to "Only update this game when I launch it"

c) start the game through the corresponding script extender, always.

This will allow you to keep steam in online mode even, if you feel need to keep other games up to date.

If you need to test vanilla things then either use virtual machines for that or make multiple independent install of your game by copying the steam game directory , each one can then be at a given version.

• 2 months later...

It has been a while I heard anything about SKSE64 and I know SkyUI for SSE is already available on Nexus.  Now, I recall I read a post about how to set up SKSE64 and doing that also required a *special* hack.  Is this *special* hack still needed?

"...doing that also required a *special* hack..."

I have no idea what you wrote about.

From skse64_readme.txt in SKSE64

[ Installation ]

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\.

If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder.

Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

3. If you create mods, copy the .psc files in Data\Scripts\Source\ into the Data\Scripts\Source\ folder of your installation.

The .psc files are only needed if you have the CreationKit installed and intend to create or compile Papyrus scripts.

Make sure to add them to your include path.

4. Run skse64_loader.exe to launch the game.

So you're suggesting that SKSE64 needs to be installed, similar to what one needed to do in the earlier versions of SKSE.  Correct?

Thanks for pointing me to what I mean be a special hack and now I think I remember what it was for.  It was about MCM, if I am not mistaken.

5 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

The Mod Configuration Menu ( MCM ) is part of SkyUI.

I know.  Oh, wait is this hack I mention for those people who want to use SKSE64 with SkyUI 2.2?

I dont think any of us have a clue what you mean by "this hack" - In your response to InsanePlumber you seem to think that MCM is the hack you meant, if its not that, and you know that MCM is the Mod Configuration Menu from SkyUI (which is what you have just said in response to my post) .. Then I think we are all clueless as to what you meant by this "special hack" :lmao:

Edit : Anyway up .. Just install SKSE64 in accordance with the instructions as pointed out and quoted by InsanePlumber.

The very first SKSE64 release triggered a CTD when going into a specific ingame settings menu, if I remember right. This was avoided by an additional plugin developed by a 3rd party modder, and I think this is what Leonardo is talking about.

Anyway, in its actual release SKSE64 is working flawlessly and doesn't require this 'bypass' anymore.

4 minutes ago, Nico coiN said:

The very first SKSE64 release triggered a CTD when going into a specific ingame settings menu, if I remember right. This was avoided by an additional plugin developed by a 3rd party modder, and I think this is what Leonardo is talking about.

Wasn't that about the GetSave or something?  If it was then this might explains it.

5 minutes ago, Nico coiN said:

Anyway, in its actual release SKSE64 is working flawlessly

No, SKSE64 still have one annoying bug and that's about cleaning up the gamesaves properly, so I had just starting using cdcooley's cleanup saves script.

Offtopic:  Does anyone know how to change menu tabs in the in-game menu, like what I described here? :unsure:

• 6 months later...