Going back to Skyrim after ESO - and I feel fine

maboleth

Relieved of every mess I encountered in the ESO world. The community was getting on my nerves, big time. Gameplay was shallow or watered down despite some great quests. Finally, tracking a NPC feels natural. They eat, they sleep, they do their daily lives. They are not static backdrops, waiting for potential players to come in. Arriving at village(s) at night feels eerie. The enemies don't drop out of nowhere 30 secs or so after being killed. The game feels real and genuine. Accomplishing some goal or a "boss" is actually satisfying, rather than just finishing yet another grind.

Side quests are meaningful and not so pompous with a false self importance. Every frigging quest in ESO was filled with a forgettable wall of text/voice over, even though it required "collect 5 of this and give it to a NPC clone, done." Trying to add weight, value and lore to those quests, ESO team got totally the opposite. The scene and quests felt artificial and never ending. Nobody actually listened to those NPC clones (and I tried my best, to never skip any dialogue), wasting usually good voice acting, because none of them really mattered.

But the biggest "enough is enough" moment was Zenimax and their money grabbing policies. Trying to cash in 40-60Eur on nostalgia values with a "chapter" not bigger than a Wrothgar DLC (Morrowind), not fixing bugs introduced with Homestead (with deluxe furnished homes being priced 105 Euros and such), crown crates etc... made me quit and embrace ES games even more dearly.

Getting lost in the genuine ES lore is really ever so soothing. ESO is no more, as far as I'm concerned.

Does that mean you are not fond of playing MMO games at all or is it just ESO you just skip playing?

Probably both. I have always been a single player gamer. MMO thing looked exciting at first and I may fire up Cyrodiil fight/PVP if I get totally bored, but I won't spend any time or money on MMO adventures anymore. Far too many distractions and limitations on adventuring and immersion mechanics.

The only other MMO that I play is Elite Dangerous. But that's a space sim with solo mode when needed, so that's not exactly a pure MMO.

You do? 

I already have Elite Dangerous on Steam, but since it requires a separate account gods know where I uninstall it and had never play it again.

I bought it because it was cheap in one of Steam Christmas sell and it brings back some awesome memories from the late 80's and early 90's.  Back then I played Elite a lot, I still have it lying around my apartment somewhere.  I also have it for PC.

EDIT:  If you still like Elite Dangerous, but perfer singe player mode then go here and play the original Elite in your browser.

Yeah! Thanks for the link, brings some memories for me too, when I played Elite on ZX Spectrum+, though I thoroughly enjoyed Frontier, the next chapter.

However, I much prefer current, ultra-high definition graphics of Elite Dangerous. Somehow, sci-fi and space exploration is always best with most advanced graphics, physics and everything else you can get. I play in Open, so - see you in out there if you manage to find the account. :) Shouldn't be hard, just email the Frontier Dev support.

I never played the Frontier, the next chapter or the newer games.

I don't think I even created an account, because I didn't like where I needed to have a such account and I think it was on FB or one of the other social media.  Which I don't like one bit.

Not sure what you mean. You need ONE account. You either buy Elite Dangerous on their official site and get the code to activate the game. Or buy via Steam and play like all Steam games.

If you bought the game on their site, there's a key to activate the Steam version (free of charge) and play it like you bought it over Steam. I didn't do that, because Steam takes 8% or something and I much prefer 100% of money to go to the Devs.

What I mean is that I bought Elite Dangerous on Steam then I wanted to install it.  During the installation I had to create an account on FB, I don't remember if it was FB though, in order to finish the installation.

Please try it again. I absolutely never experienced anything similar. I bought 2 accounts (I sold the 1st one) and never any scam or FB-issue popped up during installation.

Well, I could try, but if I get the same question about creating a FB account then no thanks.  Because I never liked FB or one of the other social media.

Alot of services allow you to log in via facebook, I've never seen it being the only option though for a Steam game.